OokamiD
Overworked Artist
Send a message via AIM to OokamiD

Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 PM

"Good.." She grinned, licking over her fangs playfully, "Now sit down and relax for once."

She'll be alright. She liked it... She looked over to the woods quickly and shuddered.

Cinderhaze
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2013, 12:14 AM

After a little while the dishes had been finished and put away. The duo made their way out of the kitchen. "All dishes are washed and away." As he went to make another motion his left arm made a squeaking noise and his fingers twitched unnaturally. "Oh well that can't be good..." He removed the glove that normally covered his hand, revealing the skeleton-like structure underneath. Owen...could you bring me my tools?"

"Oh, sure thing." He reached into their bag under the table and pulled out a small metal box. He brought it over to Windup who had moved over to one of the lamps, looking at his hand in the light.

"Ah I see.. this should be quick.." He removed his hand and set it on the table in front of him, then set to work.

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast
Send a message via AIM to MissJiff

Old 02-28-2013, 12:59 AM

Mana sat down and placed her hands in her lap, fidgeting a little, not sure what to do with herself. "I suppose I could rest for a little bit."

You alright, Kiki?

Last edited by MissJiff; 02-28-2013 at 02:09 AM..

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-28-2013, 01:21 AM

I'm fine... just worried she's going to come out from somewhere and tackle me... you know, the usual...

She cooed softly and smiled, relaxing once again into her seat, eying Windup curiously, watching him work on himself. "Do you have a dominant hand? Or can you use them both equally?"

Cinderhaze
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2013, 01:39 AM

Windup continued to work, removing pieces here and there. "I can use both of them equally. Which is a godsend in a situation like this." He gave a small 'ah-ha' then began to work faster.

Owen watched him work, even though he had seen it a million times before there was always something amusing about watching a golem repair itself. He twitched as he heard a snap come from the hand.

"Hmm...I can work around that for now." Windup said, as he began to put the hand back together. He attached it to his wrist and flexed all the fingers before nodding and sliding the glove back on. "Good as new."

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-28-2013, 02:08 AM

"That's quite amazing. Do you feel pain or anything at all?" Mana tilted her head, adjusting her sunglasses.

She's not exactly graceful. You'd probably hear her coming anyway.

Kayko stretched out on a branch and watched her daughter and the two witches. Her ears twitched, listening to the sounds of the forest. The sun would be setting in the new couple hours.

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 AM

I know... but we're with Meilou right now... Depending on how much of the wolf is control she might go after her... Or claim her as her own pup... You never know with her...

"Interesting... and you run completely on water, is that correct...?" Her wings twitched "You don't need anything else to function?"

Cinderhaze
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2013, 02:45 AM

Owen slumped back on the ground. "You're gonna regret those questions."

Windup stood up, turning his body to their table. "Not pain as you understand it, but I can tell when something malfunctions. And as for the water, it's mostly a coolant. What really keeps me running... He picked up a wrench and began to loosen some bolts around his chest. He removed the main plate, then pulled off some extra inner protective plates, revealing a silver orb covered in glowing blue markings. "...is this." He tapped the orb with a finger. The glow seemed to get brighter and softer, as if it had a pulse.

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-28-2013, 02:56 AM

Mana blinked and leaned forward a little. "Oh my. I certainly wouldn't be able to look at that without my sunglasses. It's pretty though."

That would lead to a messy scene.

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 AM

She eyed the orb and leaned closer before catching herself and relaxed back into her seat. "Curious.... that's what keeps you, well 'alive'..?" She purred out the last word examining him from her seat, keeping Mana between him and herself to avoid any temptation of adding him to her collection.

It's always messy with her... She snorted softly and leaned down, sniffing at the grass, ears twitching, pretending to graze, her back turned to the woods. Let's get this over with....

Cinderhaze
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2013, 05:43 AM

Windup nodded and set down his tools, the orb still pulsing. "Yes, in a very literal way." His voice was losing some of it's happy tone. "This is an arcanite core, it powers my body and contains..well...me." He began to put all the armor plates back on. "This body is interchangeable, just machinery. But the way I think and feel, even my voice. All of that comes from the core."

Owen rolled his eyes, Windup really loved to tell this story.

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-28-2013, 05:56 AM

"So the core could be changed around and put in another body...but it would still be you?" Mana looked at him, slightly fascinated. "How interesting.." Her eyes then wandered over to Owen as she smiled again. "How are you enjoying your meal? Is there anything else I can get you?"

Do you really want her to tackle you that badly? She's probably off marking trees somewhere.

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 AM

Kouryuu deadpanned. "So if we installed you into an blender... we'd have a talking blender...?"

Bruiser smacked her forehead. "Wouldya leave him alone Hun? You're not putting him in my blender."

Better me then you or Meilou...

Cinderhaze
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2013, 06:52 AM

Windup chuckled, enjoying the questions. "That's correct Miss Mana. This body could be ripped to shreds but as long as the core is active, I will still be alive. And if I was put into a new body it would be like I had just lost consciousness for a while." He laughed again at Kouryuu's question. "While you're correct in theory, Miss Kouryuu, I don't think a blender could accept the core."

Owen sat up and grinned. "Is there any more of that cake?"

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-28-2013, 07:00 AM

"That must be very useful in certain situations." Mana thought for a moment before she blinked, turning to Owen. "Oh yes of course! I will get you more." She stood up and walked into the kitchen, cutting another piece of cake.

If she tried to do that to me she'd get a hoof to the face.

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-28-2013, 07:11 AM

That'll just make her mad... you know what will happen to me, it'll be fine.

She huffed softly, "Well Damn, a talking blender would be amusing..."

Cinderhaze
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 AM

Windup rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry to dissapoint?"

Owen took the cake from Mana. "Thank you Miss Mana." He said smiling again.

Windup chuckled. "Ah so it takes a pretty woman in a dress to make you polite eh Owen?"

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-28-2013, 07:39 AM

Mana placed the piece of cake on a plate, picking it up and carrying it back over to Owen. "Here you are, sweetie." She smiled and stood up straight. "Do you need a glass of milk or anything?"

I still don't like it.

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-28-2013, 04:37 PM

It'll be fine... I'd only bleed for a little while...

"Mana, get me a talking blender..."

Cinderhaze
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-01-2013, 12:24 AM

Windup laughed, he had just met these people and was already liking them.

"What's that supposed to mean!' Owen stood up and shot him a look.

"Oh nothing..." Winup chuckled again.

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 03-01-2013, 12:38 AM

Mana covered her mouth and giggled. "How adorable."

It still freaks me out.

Last edited by MissJiff; 03-01-2013 at 03:19 AM..

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 03-01-2013, 03:32 AM

Then just don't watch... The white doe snorted softly, lifting her head, ears flicking back as she listened.

Cinderhaze
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-01-2013, 05:57 AM

Owen glared at windup a little more before giving up. "So what do you guys do for fun around here? You can't just sit in the Inn all day? Do you?"

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 03-01-2013, 06:26 AM

"Everyone will usually go outside and do what they're doing right now. Just goof off until they're needed. I usually stay inside and clean. Rough housing can be a little dangerous for me. She adjusted her sunglasses a bit. "If my sunglasses fall off it's a problem for me since then I wouldn't be able to see anything. Light bothers my eyes so I keep these on during the day."

A little hard not to watch.

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 AM

Her ears flattened against her skull. I know it is, but it's just a part of what happens, it's better then her going after a human.

"And try to not get bitten by our residential werewolf when she hasn't had her nap."