96. Growing
97. Intelligence
98. Skill
99. Waiting
100. Innocence[/b]

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-24-2007, 11:18 PM

this is my first time at drabbling and if I'm doing it wrong, or something, I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you guys could give me :D

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 05-24-2007, 11:35 PM

whoowhoo go girly!

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-24-2007, 11:41 PM

20. Blue

The girl stared out at the deep blue ocean
And smelled the salty breeze.
She walked along the sandy path
And danced among the seas.

She continued on like this until
There was not a thing of her seen
She became part of the ocean,
She became part of the sea.

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-24-2007, 11:42 PM

sorry it took so long, I was texting back and forth...

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 05-24-2007, 11:56 PM

haha very nice ^^ cute poem. mmmm have been going back and forth watching a movie and coming on here to work on RP and drabble *shrugs* though kinda stuck on the RP bit since I'm waiting for all the other people to reply now ^^

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-24-2007, 11:58 PM

thanks.
what movie are you watching? That stinks...I wish they would hurry up for you...

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-25-2007, 12:00 AM

Would I be allowed to use other works I made a while ago for our drabbles if they fit the topic?

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-25-2007, 12:39 AM

oh "Emma" haha and i'm not sure, i think the idea is to get your creative juices flowing now? so they want you to write it after picking a "theme" that you like from the list? but i can't be certain?

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-25-2007, 01:03 AM

oh. never heard of it...Thanks anyways...yeah, then I'll just come up with something else then...

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-25-2007, 01:50 AM

53. Content

The little boy rushed to his mother's arms. "Mommy, I'm scared."
"Did you have another nightmare?" his mother asked softly. "Yes, I can't go back to sleep." "Come here you can stay with me tonight." "But Mommy, only babies sleep with their mommies. You said I was a big boy." "Honey, even big boys come see their mothers." The child hugged his mother even tighter. "Will I always be your big boy?' He asked. "Yes," she whispered softly. The little child slowly fell asleep in his mother's arms, content.

Many years later, the little boy had become a man. He had just come back from a war, changed over the years from his past experiences. He had become harder and more alert during those long years of fighting. The day he came home, he rushed to the door of his mother's house and inside he saw a withered version of his old mother, changed from years of worrying for her son. She had become more wrinkled and softer on the inside. He said to her,"Mother, I'm home." His mother was so weak in her old age, she could not stand up. "Son, come to me; I need to see you again. I'm scared you will leave." "Mother, I won't leave you; stop having nightmares, I will keep you safe."

The young man lifted his mother into his arms and held her gently, saying, "I'm your big boy, I will always be with you." And the old woman fell asleep, content, in her big boy's arms.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-25-2007, 03:23 AM

*sniffles* oh that ones sweet sis, when i first read the beginning i thought it was about.. er your youngest bro *snort*

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-25-2007, 11:34 PM

thanks. that's where I got the inspiration from for the first paragraph. :D

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-26-2007, 11:49 AM

hahah really? *snort* that's what i was thinking actually, when i read the first paragraph. and then when you wrote further on i was thinking about your oldest brother and er.. the fact that he's signed up for the military *chortles* hahha that's pretty amusing ^^

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Yeah, I was also thinking about this lady named Venus, a friend of my parents and her boy went to the navy and now he is really changed. I also based it off of Jason, too. Well, I had to get my inspiration from somewhere. *snort*

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-28-2007, 01:32 PM

72. Pool

The man stood over the long table, trying to make a decision. He was playing a game of pool and observing how the game represents life. Every time someone hits the ball, it acts like another sequence or happening in life itself. When another ball gets in front of your perfect shot, it is like an obstacle that you need to overcome to keep going. When the ball enters the pocket on the different sides of the table, it represents that you succeeded. As he pondered this, he thought, "Well I guess I found the meaning of life." He continued his game with a happy heart, knowing that he found the purpose of his life. To overcome obstacles and to succeed was how he decided to live his life. And so he did.

In his later years, though, the old man felt hollow inside, like something was missing. It was love. Not once had he thought about loving and caring for another person, it was not part of the game of pool; it was not part of life. He saw young couples holding hands and walking together in the busy streets but thought nothing of it. "They are living their lives incorrectly," he told himself, "it is not part of life; just a made up idea from stories."

As he looked back now, the man realized he had wasted his youth on becoming a great, scheming businessman who only cared about money and wealth. He had lost his friends to his greed but he just called them fools. The old man realized it now, that he looked at life in the wrong perspective, maybe the ball in the way of his goal was actually supposed to be a person to help and care for on the journey. Reaching the pocket was succeeding in helping another person. The man felt distressed, what could he possibly do now? His life was at it's end; he was too old to start over again. "Wait," he thought, "what if I gave my money away to people who need it? I could be helping others that way." So, the old man grabbed his coat and went to his vaults of money. He got one of his workers to help load it up and the man visited many hospitals, charitable organizations, and homeless shelters. He gave away all the money he had, even some of his other items of furniture, yet something felt missing. "Those are just material possessions, they may help, but after a while, they can be used up. I need to give up time; that's what I'll do." So the man went to a nearby school and talked to the principal and asked her if it would be alright if he could come visit some young children there. She agreed, so he sat down and read the children a story. They were filled with joy and laughter, and at the end, some of them whispered,"When I grow up, I want to be just like that old man." The man smiled, he had just helped another few people.

A few days later, his time was going quickly. As he lay on his deathbed, he slowly closed his eyes, and let out his last breath. He had died a happy man who had helped others.

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-28-2007, 01:32 PM

what do you think of it?

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-20-2007, 05:41 PM

31. Fire

He stared deeply into the fire. The flames engulfed his soul like a fire engulfs a forest.

"Are you coming?" asked Laina.

The young man snapped his attention back to the real world. He looked around, trying to focus on his surroundings.

"Um, yeah. I'll be there in a minute."

"Well, you better hurry up, we only have until midnight."

"Alright. I'm coming."

The two ran off into the direction of the nearby village. They stalked through the village streets searching for their victims. They searched in the small alleys and finally found the house they were looking for.

"This is the place the boss told us about," Laina whispered.

"Perfect for a feast. The boss will be happy with the new recruits," Damien replied.

Laina and Damien silently opened the door to the small house. They walked to closest room and found three little children sleeping peacefully, so unaware of what was about to happen. The two intruders smiled evilly in the moonlight, their sharp fangs gleaming.

"They bent down slowly, ready for the first attack. Grabbing the first small child, they dug their sharp fangs into the poor being's neck. Blood began to spill and the child's eyes popped open in surprise and pain. The little boy tried to scream, but no sound came. He lay there, motionless.

When they were about to move onto their next victim, the two vampires realized it was almost midnight.

"We have to go, our powers will be draining," Damien whispered.

"Alright. Let's take the little brat; we'll get the rest some other day," Laina answered.

"We can't. The villagers will be on the lookout for us."

"Fine but the boss won't be happy."

Damien grabbed the child and the vampires left the house as quickly as they could.

The next morning, the family woke up in alarm to find a blood stain instead of where their eldest child had slept.

"Where's big brother?" asked the youngest child.

"Your brother went away for a while," their mother cried, knowing her son would be back, only to take another.

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-24-2007, 01:01 AM

I need some work in the short story area. They aren't very good, I guess I'll have to work on that.

Lyra Coulter
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Lyra Coulter Send a message via MSN to Lyra Coulter Send a message via Yahoo to Lyra Coulter

Old 06-24-2007, 07:18 AM

Can just anybody post a drabble here?

upinthetrees
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-25-2007, 06:23 PM

yeah, that's fine with me. :D