emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-07-2011, 04:15 AM

"hmn" Cytria seemed to think a moment before pulling out her empty pockets and making a big hubbub of looking for money. "But I don't have any money" she wined her voice normal almost wheedling. "Can't I just get it for free? Cytria asked none of her inner irritation at being asked for money when a sign was above the woman's head saying "no charge" showing in her voice or eyes or even on her face.

Suddenly Cytria wrinkled her nose in disgust as the smell of burnt flesh, and a low moan of pain.Spinning around she took in two newcomers one of them squealling about meeting a vampire, the other one studying the man who had been burned.

"Vampire? not with his complexion" Cytria studied the man as he made a comment to the two angels before heading up the stairs with the neko boy in tow. "well now i guess which way he swings for sure..." she mutters before turning back to eye Vex

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 10-07-2011, 04:46 AM

The purring stopped when Luce had jerked up, the neko looking around as well for a vampire. He'd met a few, and they really weren't nice to him at all. Looking up at the Inn's owner as he stood, Rida tilted his head slightly before standing quickly so that the other didn't have to strain too hard. Ears pressed against his head as he heard the annoyed tone, half hesitant the other would become angry, but he shook that thought away quickly. Luce may have been a demon, but he wasn't one of the bad ones. At least, the neko didn't think he was. Following him, he jogged a little to keep up with the long strides before they came back to his room.

Closing the door on the way in this time, he slipped his hand from the others before pushing him to the bed. Well he tried to anyway, not like his short stature could do much of anything to the ruby eyed male. He did pout a little before moving away and into the bathroom to locate a first aid kit. There had to be one in there, most people had one hidden in the bathrooms. Rummaging around in the bottom cupboard, he quickly found one and, once free of the cupboard, came bouncing back to the room, and climbing up onto the bed. He rubbed a fist under his eye, frowning as he encountered dried tear tracks, from the nightmare that he'd forgotten about. Shaking his head once more, the extra long strands shuffling to hang over his shoulders, he pushed the nightmare from his mind to focus on helping Luce. The normally shy boy somewhat gone as he wanted to fuss over the male.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-07-2011, 03:29 PM

When the girl whined about not having any money, Vex sighed. "Yeah yeah, on the house." She slumped back onto the counter, smile fading as she rested her head in the palm of her hand. She was watching the scene in the bar unfold before her. The small, annoyingly peppy girl and her companion were standing in Luce and Rida's personal space bubble, which the two of them clearly shared, and what was that awful burning smell?

The girls companion slapped her hand away moments before she started squealing about a vampire. Had Luce been a vampire? Huh, she'd had no idea. Luce and Rida stood quickly before Vex heard Luce make what seemed like an annoyed statement. Oh, no, not a vampire. Got it. Luce and Rida quickly dissapeared and the girl she had tried to con turned back to face her with a comment about Luce that made Vexaline smile. "Sweetheart, I think Luce will swing towards anything," she paused not sure how to word it, "capable." She hoped the girl would catch her drift without her having to say much else. Maybe the word she should have used was 'willing'. She did a mental shrug. "Luce doesn't discriminate."

She lifted her drink to her mouth. It was empty. She pouted down into glass for a moment before setting it heavily down on the bar in front of her. It was a little early in the morning for her to be drinking so quickly, or at all, but Vex couldn't help herself in an open bar and she had two choices; Be sober and hurt, or drink to the point she no longer felt. Well that was an easy decision. Vex turned around and leaned her back against the counter, staring up at the wall of liquors. Hmm, so many decisions.

LucienSlade
LucienTheWitch

Old 10-07-2011, 09:02 PM

Reorik's personal rave soon ended as his mind drifted towards the negative events of the night before. slowly, the dancing high-goblin hallucinations changed, all glaring at him accusingly, faces contorting horribly, as they slowly approached Reorik. Sure the half nude goblin had tried to convince himself it was all in his mind; but the guit of failing his mission brought about his earlier despair.
The soaked youth fell into a fetal position, clutching his head and whispering to himself as tears welled up in his eyes, "Please, I tried to go through with it". He began to wail and sob, "Don't take my tongue!" . Reorik let out a scream, running to the door to his room, pounding on it as he perceived the figments behind him closing in; He fell to his knees, uncharecteristicly bawling, "Let me out!", his head fell against the door with a thud. Reorik couldn't speak anymore, the only noise that could be heard was sobbing.

Last edited by LucienSlade; 10-07-2011 at 09:14 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-09-2011, 02:52 PM

When Rida pushed him towards the bed, Luce gave in after a few moments. Luce's whole demeanor had changed, he was very quiet, somber almost, and he felt very lethargic. He had been tense the whole walk up to Rida's room, and only when he sat down on the bed did he actually relax. It was alright, his usual mood would come back soon. Probably, he hadn't forgotten about the goblin either, he still needed to bring that fella some food. He would do it, once his wound was properly tended to. Ruby eyes blinked slightly as he looked to Rida when the cat boy returned to the bed from the bathroom. It seemed Rida wanted to tend to his wound.

Luce turned towards Rida, reaching up and cupping the neko's chin gently. A small smile found it's way to Luce's lips. It somewhat helped to break his somber mood. "I'm the one that's supposed to be taking care of you." There was the smallest hint of amusement in his eyes and he tilted his head towards Rida quickly. Very lightly brushing his lips against the neko's cheek for only a second before he pulled back. There was a slight nagging in the back of Luce's mind. Rida had tasted his blood, how would that affect the neko? Luce wasn't sure at all. Well, he'd think about that when things were happening...though..having his blood in Rida, might make it easier for him to claim the adorable creature as his own pet.

Last edited by Kry; 10-12-2011 at 06:20 PM..

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-09-2011, 08:40 PM

Rida blushed brightly from the others words just as much as the kiss on his cheek. Looking down at his clenched hands for a few minutes before looking up and tugging at the others shirt. "Off. Need it off so I can check the wound." He spoke, low, but sternly, almost as if still having a 180 personality change. While waiting for Luce to remove his shirt, Rida opened the kit and pulled out a few things, mostly bandages and a burn ointment. He wasn't sure quite yet how the stab wound looked, but with the burn there, he didn't want to aggravate it more by trying to stitch it closed. It didn't seem serious, and with the other being a demon, he figured that the healing had started already.

Brushing his hair behind his shoulders, he frowned, then grabbed up a few of the moist towelettes, glancing to see if the shirt was off yet. If it was, he'd start to gently clean the wound, nose scrunched from the smell of burnt flesh. There was still an underlying smell, though, of honey and lilacs tickled his delicate nose. Enticing, but he did his best to ignore it in favor of taking care of the other. "You've done enough to take care of me. Feeding me, giving me a room. Its better than what most have done." He murmured, trying to strike conversation as much as distract himself.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 AM

Luce's smile widened just slightly when Rida told him to take his shirt off. Slowly, he moved to do so. Wincing slightly as he pulled the shirt up and over his head. He dropped the shirt on the bed and turned his head a bit so he could look at his shoulder. Well, the burning had cauterized the knife wound, at least. Luce frowned for a moment and looked at Rida, smiling gently.

"If you'd let me, I'd take care of you for the rest of your life. You'd always have food, new clothes, warm bed and of course my love and attention." Luce raised his right hand, and gently poked at the burn wound. He hissed lightly. It hadn't even started to heal, Luce's demeanor fell again. It was a wound inflicted with holy magic, it would take a while for it to heal, it might even leave a scar. Luce's frown turned to a pout. His body was blemish free. All wounds healed, leaving behind no scar, but this. This would probably leave a scar. Luce poked it again, harder this time, causing himself to flinch. "It'll take weeks for this to heal." The tall demon sounded as if he might cry.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2011, 04:47 AM

Rida glared mildly at Luce, before gently smacking the others hand away as he tried to clean it. "It'll take even longer with you poking it like that." He scolded softly, though the blush staining his cheeks detracted full effectiveness. When he finished cleaning it as best he could he picked up the burn gel and slowly smearing it across the skin. Tossing the packets aside, he went back and delicately rubbed the ointment in, his ears pressed against his skull. Wiping off his hands once done, the little neko grabbed the gauze pads and covered the wound, tapping them in place.

"'Kay. That should be good for now. Just be careful, stick to baths instead of showers, and keep it as dry as possible while the skin is still sensitive." He instructed, knowledge that came from experience, but his currently bare torso was burn free, just pale puckered lines. It was when he stood to throw the trash away and put the kit back, when the pants dipped a little, that a jagged mark at his lower back, down to the curve of his ass, showed. A long ago burn mark, and above that, on the opposite side, was a branding mark that had even been cut through. Returning to the bed, he stood at the edge for a few moments, then climbed up and in the center, curling around the pillow again. His expression was thoughtful, thinking of something. "You want me as a pet, don't you?" He asked finally, voice thick as he tried to hide his fear.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-10-2011, 05:15 AM

Luce let Rida smack his hand away, and he watched almost curiously as Rida cleaned and then bandaged the wound. He held still, mostly. Only fidgeting the slightest bit while Rida worked, when the neko was finally done, Luce smiled softly at him. Letting his gaze linger on the cat boy as he went to replace the kit and returned to the bed.

When Rida laid down on the bed, Luce readjusted himself so that he could use his uninjured arm to reach over and gently stroke the hair from Rida's face. Luce's touch was gentle, as it almost always was. "A pet?" Luce frowned slightly, then smiled. "More like, a constant companion. Someone to always be by my side. Someone I can cherish." Those fingers slid up, gently rubbing along the outline of one of Rida's ears. "I would never mistreat or abuse you." He spoke the words the softly, sincerely.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2011, 05:53 AM

He sighed softly when the fingers brushed the hair from his face, when they trailed up to his ears he started to purr faintly. The sincerity, it made Rida pause and think, but the more he thought, the wetter his eyes became, till it spilled down across the bridge of his nose and stained the pillow. "How can I be sure? My last owners said that, after Madam made her husband by me from my previous owner when they found that he was going to break my leg again. So I couldn't run away. They lied to me..." He whispered softly, sniffling a little bit, mind bombarded by the memories intermixed with the nightmare he'd had, which had featured Luce himself for some reason.

Shaking his head forcibly, he sat up quickly and stared at the demon. "Prove it. I don't know how or care, but prove it." He asked, his hand clenching into fists between his legs as he sat on the calves. He didn't think or believe Luce was mean like the others, and he seemed rather gentle and honorable despite what he was, so maybe he was telling the truth. Just, for Rida, proof would be so much better.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-10-2011, 06:10 AM

Luce reached down to lightly wipe at the tears as Rida spoke. When the neko sat up and asked for proof, Luce blinked and withdrew his hand. He was silent for a few moments. A thoughtful silence. Proof? Luce didn't really have proof. The demon reached out with both arms, wincing slightly he grabbed Rida gently and pulled the boy into his lap. His grip was loose, Rida could easily escape him if he really wanted to. Luce did want to claim Rida, make the boy his own. Perhaps, with the right words and right actions he could do such a thing without forcing the boy. Luce gently kissed Rida's cheek.

"I am not trying to buy you, you are a free creature, and that means you have the right to choose." Luce's voice was so soft, so sincere. "Rida, no matter what you decide, I will always be here if you ever need me. There will always be a room here for you. This Inn will always be a home for you, even if you don't wish to be with me, you will always be welcome here. I will be your friend, and if all you want to give me is friendship. Then that will have to be enough for me." He ran his fingers through Rida's hair and hugged the neko gently. Luce sounded and looked so sincere.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2011, 07:43 AM

Rida blushed as he was drawn into the others lap, fidgeting a little to get comfortable. Tensing a little at the kiss on the cheek, he hunched in on himself, tucking his head under the others chin. "I hope you didn't hurt yourself again..." He murmured softly before the other started to speak. Listening to him, it was hard for Rida to not believe him, he may have heard the words before, but not quite like that. It helped him feel better, and he tentatively wrapped his arms around Luce's waist. "Alright...I guess I can stay." He replied shyly, though nuzzling the others neck.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-10-2011, 04:39 PM

Luce smiled sweetly, hugging Rida gently and holding him close. Tilting his head down he placed a gentle kiss on the top of Rida's head. "Good, I'm glad you'll stay." Luce moved and shifted around a bit, until Rida lay on the bed and the demon lounged next to him with an arm draped over the slender cat boy's frame. Luce cuddled Rida close like that for a few minutes and then slowly withdrew. "There is a guest I need to check on." Luce stated the words matter-of-factly, though he seemed reluctant to leave Rida.

"It shouldn't take me too long." He ran his hands over Rida's ears for a moment before he stood and put his shirt back on. If Luce's shoulder was hurting him, he was hiding the pain very well. Even as he lifted his arm to slip his shirt on. "I'll be right back." Luce gave Rida a reassuring smile just before he slipped out the door. He pulled Rida's door up behind him, not closing it all the way, but mostly. The high-goblin needed food, Luce had no idea what kind of food a goblin ate, but perhaps the inn would know.

For a few moments Luce stood there in the hallway, his hands held out before him. It wasn't long before a tray appeared, on the tray was a plate filled with foods that Luce thought the goblin might like and a glass of some kind of beverage. Luce's shoulder did hurt, and he did wince once as he started down the hall, carrying the tray with both hands. When he reached the goblin's door, he wrinkled his nose in disdain at the odd smell coming from it. Holding the tray with one hand, Luce waved his other, effectively and magically getting rid of the smell. Now he knocked on the door. "I have brought you some food." He called softly but loud enough to be heard.

LucienSlade
LucienTheWitch

Old 10-11-2011, 01:23 PM

Reorik would hardly notice the smell of burning cloth and burning herbs disappeared, being replaced with a slight hint of burning flesh. The young goblin jumped up frantically, pounding on the door as tears continued to flow down his face, "Please.... let me out..." ,his hands twisted the knob of the locked door hard. His 'trip' was begining to end, once more the boy would forget why he was even crying, only the sense of fear remained.

He would remain on his knees, drained mentally and leaning his head against the doorframe. It really could be considered his most pathetic moment in his father's eyes, who came to mind as Reorik backed away from the door, sitting in the center of the inn room, watching to see who would come through the door. The figures around him remained in the back of his mind, still staring at him accusingly, as they faded on the wave of reality washing over the young goblin.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 PM

Luce hesitated as the goblin pounded on the door and begged to be let out. The demon waited for a few moments. When the goblin didn't pound on the door anymore, slowly, Luce opened it and stepped through. He closed it behind him, the door locking of it's own accord when he did. Effectively trapping him with the goblin. Well. Not really. Luce could leave anytime he chose to. Those blue eyes scanned around the room and then looked the goblin over. "I have brought you food." Luce's voice was soft, as it almost always was. "I was hoping also, that we could talk, but if you are in no mood for such a thing, I will just leave the food here and be on my way."

Luce moved across the room, going towards the bed to gently set the tray of food down on the bed. His movements were careful, he didn't want to spill anything. He glanced at the goblin, wondering what the youth would do.

Last edited by Kry; 01-31-2012 at 08:08 AM..

LucienSlade
LucienTheWitch

Old 10-11-2011, 03:13 PM

Reorik hugged his knees to his bare chest, staring at the floor. He'd finaly figured out the cause of his intense despair, besides the hallucinagin taken earlier. His black braided hair fell in strands in front of his eyes as, he looked down at his head shifted to look at Luce, in a voice filled with anguish, "I have no purpose now, my life is gone". Reorik's eyes stared longingly to the plate of food.

He crawled on his knees to the bedside, grabbing whatever meat was on the plate and rending it to shreds with his sharp teeth. Goblins were primarily carnivores, but could eat some fruits and vegetables, Reorik seemed out of the mood for weak-folk food at the moment. As he began to eat, his full stomach combated the depression he'd slipped into, minutely at least. Finishing the last bit of meat-food on the plate, Reorik looked back to Luce, "Will I be sent away?" the goblin's guilt worsened, seeing the burn around the wound he'd created. THe goblian bowed on his hands and knees, displaying the scars across his back.

Reorik kept his head to the floor, keeping his voice calm, "As compensation for harming your shoulder, please allow me to work for you. I will make amends for the pain I have caused." He brushed a braid from his face as he raised himself off the floor, watching Luce with apologetic grey eyes.

(Off to work, may be back later tonight, but will be busy packing after work.)

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-11-2011, 06:17 PM

Luce was silent and patient while Reorik spoke and then ate. The demon wouldn't interrupt a man's meal. Only when Reorik had finished his meal and bowed on the floor did Luce part his lips and speak. "I will not send you away. My Inn is open to all. There is always a bed ready for weary travelers, and food for the hungry. No one is ever turned away or sent away." Luce stepped closer to the goblin, moving slowly behind the young man. "The wound you inflicted was nothing, it would have healed in minutes...until an angel came in and threw holy magic on it. If anyone owes me compensation for an injury it's the angel." There was a hint of annoyance in his voice. Honestly, an angel ought to have known better.

Luce shook his head slightly, feather light finger tips running along the goblin's spine as Luce now stood behind the youth. Blue eyes on the scars that marred the others flesh. "What did you mean, when you said you have no purpose now, that your life is gone? Is it because I prevented you from harming Vex?" Luce's hand moved up to gently rest on the goblin's shoulder for a moment. "I protect all guests of my inn. If someone comes here and attacks you, I would protect you." Luce had moved around the goblin again, letting his hand slip gently from the young man's shoulder as he once again stood in front of him.

That hand moved to the young man's chin, tilting his head back just gently. Luce tilted his head down, bringing his lips close to the goblin's ear. "You are welcome to stay here for as long as you like, but if you attack my guests again I will be forced to retaliate, and the Inn. The Inn is of old magic, there is no telling what she might do." Luce let his teeth nibble gently at that ear before he pulled back. "I am not threatening you, I am only warning you. I really don't like it when people get hurt, and I like it even less if I am the one that must do the hurting. I sincerely hope that you and I can be friends." Luce smiled, a sincere smile, as he took a slight step back.

Last edited by Kry; 01-31-2012 at 08:09 AM..

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-11-2011, 07:04 PM

Rida watched Luce as he prepared to leave, something about checking on another guest. Tossing and turning a little bit on the bed as he waited, he sighed when he couldn't fall asleep. He'd hoped that if he could sleep, time would go by faster. Lifting his arm, he stared at the cris-crossing marks, wondering why the demon wanted him when he was so broken. Shaking his head, he forcibly pushed those thoughts away and sat up. Grabbing his bag, he rummaged around a little bit, looking for clean clothes. Smiling as he pulled out his outfit(Minus the hat, and the colors are dark purple and lavender), he quickly removed the sleep pants.

Pulling on the mini shorts, then the frilly sleeveless top, buttoning it up then tying the rather long ribbon in the back. Sliding the sleeves up his arms, situating them high on upper arm, he then pulled on the striped stockings, clipping them into place from his shorts. Moving so that he stood in front of a mirror, he spun around slowly to make sure he'd gotten everything right. Nodding, he had, he moved back to the bed where he grabbed a brush and and brushed his long hair, pulling the top half back and twirling it into a bun at the top of his head. The rest he pulled to the side and began braiding it, then wrapping it around the bun, which he undid so that it fell as a pony tail. Brushing at his bangs, he was unsure about them, but decided to just leave them as is.

LucienSlade
LucienTheWitch

Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 PM

Reorik listened to Luce intently, answering his question about his mission " I come from a starving community, my father decided to send me for the bounty, I'm the weakest and youngest of his sons." Reorik stiffened up feeling the demons caress on his shoulders, watching Luce as the demon tok a step back. The goblin continued after the innkeeper finished speaking "I won't be the only one from the tribe, others will wait for the one you call Vex to leave. Even if she can make it out of the city, the forest will end her running, my people will not let her slip by so easily".

The young goblin remained kneeling before the demon, his demeanor shaken somewhat by the odd manner of Luce. Showing compassion for your enemies was ncalled for, usually such things were decided through murder or a duel. Reorik sat back on his heels, thinking maybe staying at the inn for now wouldn't be too bad of an idea. "I would still like to work for your generosity, surely there is something I can do".

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 PM

"The safety of all my guests is my responsibility while they stay here. When Vex leaves these walls, then it is no longer my duty to protect her if something should happen." Luce licked his lips slightly watching the goblin. "We are not enemies, your tribe and I. I do not take sides." Luce closed his hand, then opened it. The key with the emerald ribbon sat neatly in his palm. "This is your room key, love. You may have it so long as you behave, that means no attacking the people in my Inn. Understand?" Luce didn't really wait for a response, he moved behind the goblin again, this time so he could gently place the key around his neck and tight it in a neat bow.

"No doubt your starving community is too proud to take donations or help from others? This inn is run on magic, and so we never run out of food or anything. If you want to work for me, you will be working for free. I have no means of paying you." He placed his hand gently on the top of the goblin's head. "I do not think you are weak. If you'd like, you could stay here, never return to your community. There would always be food here, always a warm bed..and if your bed ever got too cold, I would be glad to help you warm it." Luce still spoke his words gently, if not a bit flirty. It was in his nature, he couldn't fight such things. "Perhaps, it would not be a bad idea to talk things over with Vex. At the very least, apologize to her for attacking." He pat the goblin on the head gently. The way one might do to a small child they had affection for.

LucienSlade
LucienTheWitch

Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 PM

Reorik stared at Luce witha blank expression, trying to figure out if the demon truly liked him, or was just being a tease. Wiping his eyes and standing quickly, he grabbed up his clothes; finding them clean should have been expected, but it still took him by suprise. From his pockets he drew a small knife. The blade was just a small pocket knife, used for whittiling normally. "your kind can form contracts, can't they?" he grew serious, his grey eyes looking from the blade to Luce.

What the boy intended was a blood contract, so he would be bound to Luce's servitude. As a bodygaurd if the demon so chose. Reorik quietly watched him, only glncing once or twice to the blade to admire it's sharpness. Outside, he could hear the wind pick up a bit.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 PM

Picking her poison, Vex mixed up another concoction before smiling to herself as she replaced the bottles on the shelf. A sign that hung slightly to the left caught her eye. "No Charge" Uhg seriously? Frowning, she glanced around the bar to see if anyone was around and watching before reaching up and taking the sign down, stuffing it behind the bar. She smiled mischievously, one hand on her hip, eyes narrowed, as she turned back to the bar to pick up her drink.

As quiet as it was down here Vex would find herself passed out by lunch time, at least at this rate. She leaned against the counter again, hoping for another guest to come in that she could possibly swindle out of some money. The wind picked up outside, it was heavy now, feeling almost as if the Inn could blow away at any moment.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-11-2011, 11:17 PM

When Reorik pulled the knife, Luce eyed him curiously and then just a bit warily at the mention of a contract. "My kind can, yes, though I have never done it before." Luce had taken a slight step back. "Do you think it is necessary to form a contract with me?" The young goblin looked very serious though, his expression seemed unwavering and so Luce stepped forward.

Luce weighed the decision heavily, but if the goblin was completely serious and intended to go through with it, then Luce would not deny him. Once, he glanced towards the window, the wind had seemed to pick up a bit. Perhaps it would blow in a storm. Luce didn't mind rain, but he didn't like thunder at all. Still, the inn was a sound building, they'd be safe under it's roof from a storm.

LucienSlade
LucienTheWitch

Old 10-13-2011, 06:02 AM

Reorik gripped the blade with his left hand, pulling hard would cause a slow stream of blood to trickle out fo his clenched fist. His hand shoow from the stinging pain as he reached out, offering the demon his blood. Currently, he could care less about what happened outside, maybe the potential storm was an omen of fate?

Reorik shook his head, braids shaking with the movement, "This may be my only chance at having some sort of future, the only other would be to end my life by taking on a group of city gaurds.... and you know how they react to non-humans..." , public execution was not an uncommon display towards non-humans.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-14-2011, 07:59 AM

The goblin was completely serious, in the next few moments the male had cut his palm. Luce shivered, either in anticipation or uncertainty. Perhaps a bit of both? He stepped forward, taking the goblins cut hand in one of his, and reaching out to take the knife from him with his other hand. Luce raised the goblin's hand to his lips, and let his tongue peek out to taste the blood there, his nose wrinkling slightly. He wasn't a blood drinker. "I, Lucidna of the Ebon Moon, lord of shadow and lust, do hereby bind thee until such a day as I see fit to release thee." Luce's blue eyes glowed brightly, and his voice had changed, it seemed to echo in the room and resonate with power."My will is your will. My word is law unto you." Luce released the goblin's hand for only a moment, long enough to cut his own, he dropped the knife and grasped the goblin's hand. Wound pressed to wound. Blood mingling with blood. For a moment their clasped hands glowed crimson, and then slowly Luce let go of the high goblin. "It is done."

Luce took a step back, the cut on his hand and the cut on Reorik's had both healed with the sealing of the contract. Instead of a scar, there was the image of a tiny crimson rose wrapped around a small, dark grey crescent moon. Luce's insignia, or crest. He was frowning slightly. "Reorik." Luce spoke the goblin's name gently. Though the goblin had never told him his name, Luce knew it now. It was signed in blood, more or less. If he was going to say more, he didn't.

Last edited by Kry; 01-31-2012 at 08:09 AM..