sepherchorde
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-02-2008, 04:30 AM

In his half dazed state from the pain, barely heard Jack in her cell.
"Oh blast it! I forgot about her!"
He stood up, probably a bit to fast, but gritted his teeth and went into the back in a hurry, past the other kids, and opened the cell.
"Jacqueline, I'm sorry I fergot about ya. You've become somewhat of a facet around here."
He tried to chuckle, but obviously felt guilty, he rushed to the sink and got her a glass of water, bringing it to her quickly, then leading her out to sit with the other kids, letting them explain what was going on and letting Jack get herself some food from the fridge if she wanted. After that he went and laid back down.

Posting as: Shades
The Shades silently circled the police station, looking for a darkened window where they could slip inside...

Posting as: Police Radio
A burst of static is emitted after Shaw went and laid back down, the sound of a woman coming over the speaker, but still overlaid with static.
"This is.... nder Karo... Jenki... We are pin... own by un... wn enemy tro..s, need assi... nce, repeat, n... ..sistan......"

rini18
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to rini18 Send a message via MSN to rini18 Send a message via Yahoo to rini18

Old 04-02-2008, 04:58 AM

Andres sat near Jack, trying to make some conversation. "So how old are you? How long have you been here?" It was obvious he felt side tracked. Something just didn't feel right. He felt like his stomach was going to drop, like when you are anxious over something or nervous to speak. He wiped his face with his hand and touched the cold, metal barrel of the shotgun. "I've got to try and relax." Andres knew their time for idle chit chat was drawing closer and closer to an end.

(Got to go to bed, test in the morning. Sorry and see you all tomorrow!)

cyanidecookie
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to cyanidecookie

Old 04-02-2008, 05:54 AM

Jack frowned, eyeing the others in the room. she folded her arms across her chest. turning to Andres, she offered a faint half-smile. "I'm 17. I've been in the cell since last night, and I've been in town for a few weeks. I'm from the city." she sighed and sipped at her glass of water. She looked over to Riley. "i broke into one of the dumb little stores, and the sheriff caught me....again. Lucky for me he didn't shoot me yet."
She looked around the room, then stood and walked over to the fridge. She dug around for a little while, and came back with a small sandwich. As she ate, she studied the room. As the radio crackled, she looked up. Seeing no one else move towards it, she got up and headed towards the desk.
"Hello?" she pressed down the button she thought was right, and hoped her message went through. she waited a few minutes, and tried again. When no reply came either time, she frowned and put down the radio. She sat down in the chair at the desk and put her feet up on the desk, lighting a cigarette. She inhaled deeply and looked to the others in the room.
"So, what are you guys doing here? what's going on?" She bounced her boot up and down on the desk and glanced at the shadowed corners of the room.

posting as: shades
The shades floated slowly around the building, darting through the wall, and slipping back out, as the room was well-lit. They ran their fingers lightly over the walls and windows, only just loud enough to make a sound.
(The shades are incorporeal, thus being able move through the walls)

sepherchorde
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-02-2008, 08:43 AM

Shaw got up after a while, not able to sleep. He walked out into the main lobby, moving to the fridge and grabbing a cola.
He walked over to the radio, half picking Jack up out of the chair and sitting down in her place.
"Little lady, I know how ta operate tha radio, now git on over with tha rest of the kids, an' take this."
He hands her the third handgun after giving her a basic rundown of how to use it.
"Don't go shootin' me in tha back now..."
He chuckles a little and turns back to the radio and broadcasts on all channels.
"This is Sheriff George Shaw of Jacobsville, Ohio. To anyone that can hear me, we are trapped in the police station, if'n anyone is out there, there are a buncha kids here with me.... seems most of em' are alone now. We're armed, but we don't have much ammo... someone please hear this...."

Posting as: Karol Jenkins
Karol was all that was left of her unit, she had been trying to get ahold of someone to bail her ass out of this situation. The base had been wiped out. Her men were dead, she had collected the dog tags of the fallen after the sad excuse for a battle. Too little to late she discovered that staying in the light of the floodlights was the only safe place to be with those things out there in the darkness. She managed to get the radio equipment and drag it back, it only had a range of only about five miles, but it was something. The floodlight she was under had, through some luck been bumped so the light washed over the generator it was on, so she was able to power the radio. When Shaw's message came over the radio, she practically jumped on the radio.
"Hello!? Hello!? This is Commander Karol Jenkins of the United States Marines, I need some help here, I'm about four mile north of your town, can you send someone to get me?"

Sheriff Shaw's reply:
He looked shocked for a moment, then opened the channel, leaving the CB scanner up so he could hear any other replies.
"Well, hello there little lady, if you sit tight I can try to git to you in a bit with the cruiser, but I can't promise nothin'..."

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to modernsamurai

Old 04-02-2008, 09:28 AM

erik sat in his truck, looking out the front window.
"... damnit."
all around him were shades, things he had never seen before. his cap light was on, and he sat with a knife in hand, watching as they moved around his truck. erik had been delivering a shipment to a department store a few hundred miles past, when he pulled over to the side of the road for a rest at around 3 pm. during the day, erik hadn't noticed that his truck was out of antifreeze, and wouldn't start when he woke. in addition to this, all these strange floating things surrounded his cab. it was almost an hour after his realization that he heard the report coming through the CB. immediately, erik lifted the receiver and replied.
"hello? hello? EMking here, is anyone there?"

sepherchorde
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-02-2008, 10:12 AM

Shaw seemed surprised to hear a second voice.
"EMking? Hows about a real name, boyo. What's yer local and situation?"
He waited for an answer...

Posting as: Commander Jenkins
Karol was starting to get tired, but she kept a tight grip on her MP5.
"Comon Karol, you gotta stay awake long enough to refuel the generator until sunrise."
In fact as she said that the light flickered out for a couple of seconds, then came back on, and when it did the Shades were only a couple of feet away from her, then they backed away from from her quickly. She immediately jumped at the radio, opening the channel to Shaw.
"Shaw, I need an ETA here, I'm running out of fuel for the generator and these things love it when the lights flicker..."

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 10:20 AM

erik nodded quickly, his voice showing joy to hear another voice.
"name's erik michaels. i'm a trucker. i just broke down right outside of town. i'm currently surrounded by these weird ghost things, but they're staying away from my cab. any advice? i'm willing to listen to pretty much anything."
erik gave a nod to himself with a slight smile, then continued to watch the shades outside carefully.

sepherchorde
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-02-2008, 10:44 AM

Shaw nodded, then spoke.
"Listen up Eric, You sit tight, in the morning the sun'll come up, and we will be able to get to ya. As long as ya keep that light on, you'll be fine. Right now I gotta go an' git someone else outta trouble, I'll at least have someone else come an' git ya if'n I don't make it back here... hang in there, over n' out."
Shaw switched the channel over to Karol's.
"Karol, I want ya to hang in there, I'm headed to ya now, gimme about ten minutes."

Karol's response:
She was shaking with fright at this point, the light was begining to get dull, and one of those things had pulled the last gas can into the darkness beyond the light.
"Alright Shaw, I hope I at least get to see you before I die, your a good man, you don't have to do this. But thank you."
She sat on the ground in the middle of the circle of rapidly dimming light. She was starting to give up hope after trying to fire on some of them and it did nothing. For the first time in her life she was terrified.

Posting as Shaw:
After the message was over, he switched the channel back to Eric's, looking to the kids.
"Why dontcha yall keep the boy company while I'm gone, I gotta git that marine woman outta a tight spot."
Shaw gathered up a few high powered flashlights, strapping them to himself and turning them on. He made sure his six shooter was loaded and stepped through the door into the garage, putting the flashlights facing out the back window, and turning the internal lights on. Then turning on the rooflights and highbeams. Starting the car, he flipped the garage door switch, and flooring it out of the garage, and heading down the road hoping he wasn't too late.

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM

erik nodded, glad to know he was safe with the light.
"roger. will do."
he sat back in his seat, paying attention to the things outside.
"so, if someone else is there, tell me what's going on."

cyanidecookie
*^_^*

Old 04-02-2008, 11:10 AM

Jack glared at the sheriff after he removed her from the chair. She walked across the room to re-fill her water glass and took a seat against a well lit wall. She sighed and looked at the gun in her hand, then tapped her fingers against her leg, looking to walls cast in shadow. She swallowed uncomfortably as she watched the shades slip in and out of the walls. She continued tapping her fingers and hummed under her breath. After a few moments she stopped, frowning, and lit a cigarette.
jack stood, and walked back into the cell she had been in. Her shoulder bag still sat on the bench where she had left it. Picking it up, she returned to her seat against the wall. Digging through it, she found her other pack of cigarettes, and a deck of cards, along with a CD player. Shuffling the deck, she dealt out a game of solitaire, and turned the music on. Loud punk music pumped through her headphones, and she began her game.

A few minutes went by, and she heard the crackling of the radio. Pulling off her headphones, she went back over to the desk and resumed her previous position. Pushing the button down of the handset, she spoke. "Hello?"
She ran her fingers through her mohawk. "Who is this?"

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 11:26 AM

"hey! name's erik. who am i talking to?"
his voice rather laid back now, as he sat back still with a hand behind his head, other hand holding the receiver as he continued to watch the shades outside.

cyanidecookie
*^_^*

Old 04-02-2008, 11:32 AM

"I'm Jack." She tugged at her labret piercing and smirked. "So, where are you? Are you headed this way?" She propped her feet up on the desk and bounced one foot off the toe of the other. She tapped her chipped black nails over and over across her knee and waited for a reply.

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 11:46 AM

erik shrugged.
"i dunno. where's here? at the moment, i'm broken down outside town. the last guy said he was gonna come get me in the mornin, and i got enough power in my rig to keep the light going for a while."
he put his legs on the dash board relaxedly, grabbing a soda from the mini fridge.

cyanidecookie
*^_^*

Old 04-02-2008, 11:54 AM

Jack smirked again "hmm... well, that sounds exciting. What do you know about what's going on?" She pulled out another pack of smokes and lit one, inhaling deeply and slowly puffing out smoke rings. She picked idly at her eyebrow piercing and wondered how long she would be sitting around bored.

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 12:06 PM

erik quickly downed the soda, then reached back into the fridge and pulled out a beer.
"absolutely nothin. i've been on the road for a while, was moving across country, so i'm not exactly up to date in current world news."
popping the tab and drinking.

cyanidecookie
*^_^*

Old 04-02-2008, 12:14 PM

"Well, the world is going to shit." She took a deep pull off her cigarette. "The dead began to rise in all the major cities around the world at once, and they are eating people. You know, typical zombie shit." She laughed bitterly. "There are these shadow things, they can move through walls and everything. It seems they don't like light though. they won't come into the light." She glanced uneasily at the dark corners of the room. "They keep moving through the walls here, but they won't come in very far, and they keep going back out. I guess thats a good sign. I wonder if the actual zombies will make here....." She looked towards a window, peering out into the dark. " I sure hope not...."

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 12:16 PM

erik let out a whistle.
"damn. sounds like a freaking movie. so there's really zombies out there?"
taking another drink of his beer.

cyanidecookie
*^_^*

Old 04-02-2008, 12:19 PM

"Well, that's what everyone is saying...." She frowned slightly. "i would assume it's true, the shadow things are pretty damn wierd, so I don't see why there couldn't be zombies too. She laughed humorlessly. "So you think you can make it till morning?" She tinked her fingers down the row or rings in her left ear. "Those shadow things are spooky."

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 12:23 PM

erik gave a shrug and a light chuckle.
"well, i can't say i've been through worse, but hey, if all else fails, it'll be a cool death."
he gave a bigger chuckle, watching as the shades floated around the cab.
"so, you haven't seen the zombies yourself yet?"

cyanidecookie
*^_^*

Old 04-02-2008, 12:29 PM

"Nope, I don't think they've made it here yet. it's probably just a matter of time though." She leaned back further in the chair and yawned. "I wonder when the sheriff will be back..." She wondered. "Never thought i'd be stuck in this shitty little town in a fucking zombie flick."

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 12:31 PM

"shitty town? damn. too bad it's not nice."
he gave a laugh.
"so what happens if these things come close to you?"
watching the shades.

cyanidecookie
*^_^*

Old 04-02-2008, 12:32 PM

"I have no idea, but I doubt it's good, and i would prefer not to find out." She laughed. "Why? You planning to go say hi?"

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 PM

erik gave a shrug.
"i dunno. they're kinda starting to get on my nerves... just floating around. it feels like they want to get to me... there any way to kill these things?"

cyanidecookie
*^_^*

Old 04-02-2008, 01:07 PM

"How the hell should i know?" She shook her head. "I barely know more than you." She laughed "If you're dumb enough to try it, let me know how it goes."

modernsamurai
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2008, 01:09 PM

erik looked out the window, staring down one of the shades.
"... naw, i'm good. i think i'll just sit tight till dawn..."
finishing his beer, opening another.
"so, how old are ya?"
taking a deep drink.