Catonia
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to Catonia

Old 08-15-2011, 04:03 PM

This is a private roleplay between Catonia and Wavikz. If you're not one of those two, please don't post. =3

Story~
The kingdom of Rinnerath has gone through several dramatic changes during the last two decades, many of them not pleasant in the least. For many years the country was plagued by giant creatures known as Spiaders. These soul sucking creatures terrorized the countryside, and the king did nothing to protect his citizens. In fact, it was latter realized that Madcap -- as he was best known by the citizens of Rinnerath -- had been in league with the evil sorceress that had created the monsters. The King repressed his citizens, stealing their magic for his own devices, and destroying the minds and bodies of anyone who got in his way. Madcap and the evil sorceress were eventually taken down by a ragtag family of hunters who have since disappeared into the mountains of the neighboring country, Clothia.

Madcap's only child was a young girl named Paige. She was eleven when her father was killed. The remaining councilmen were frantic to prevent a civil war, and so installed a regent for Paige, to control the country until she came of age at twenty. The regent did a middling job of ruling for eight and a half years, and now it's only a month until Paige's twentieth birthday and her coronation. Paige has worked hard to dispel the rumors that she is just as evil as her father, but the memory of her father's madness is too strong to be destroyed by simple words. The neighboring kingdom of Farroen has been particularly loud in expressing it's displeasure. It is even rumored that they're planning on trying to assassinate the princess before she can get the throne of Rinnerath...

Last edited by Catonia; 08-15-2011 at 04:26 PM..

Catonia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-15-2011, 04:27 PM

Name: Paige
Appearance: The first thing anyone notices about Paige is her bright fire engine red hair. It falls in loose curls about her shoulders, tamed only by her gold coronet. Her sky blue eyes are on the large side, when they're not narrowed with anger or annoyance. She has a small button nose, and pouty lips. Her skin is pale, despite the amount of time she spends outside. If given her way, Paige will wear simple trousers and a tunic, but very rarely does she get her way. Most often she can be found in overly complicated dresses in jewel tones. She always carries a red and black fan with her. The fan has pure steel boning.
Personality: At heart Paige is a tomboy, she loves to run, play, shoot things and throw mud. She is a very feisty girl, and will argue with almost anyone about almost anything. She believes that everything in life should be fair, and that everyone should be treated equally, which is quite surprising considering her upbringing. Part of the upbringing has left her with a tendency to pessimism, and a strong bout of cynicism which people find surprising in a girl so young. She wants absolutely nothing to do with her father, and hates him more than most of he populace. She's very good a reading people, even when she doesn't use her powers.
Bio: The King was never much of a father to Paige, not even deigning to give her a name. She was foisted off on Sornderhans, a guardsman who had fought loyally for Madcap in the war. Paige reminded Sorn of the daughter he had lost, and he raised her as his own, naming her and becoming the most important person to Paige. When the King realized how close Sorn had grown to his daughter he sent the guard away and cloistered Paige in a keep far in the wilderness.
Most of the world was not aware the madcap had a daughter until after his death and Paige has had to fight suspicion the she is a fake. The fact that no one except for a very small group of people know who her mother is doesn't help matters.
Other: Paige has incredibly powerful abilities as a melter.
Melter = Someone who can melt a person's brains out of their skull. Strong ones can also change others's memories and place compulsions upon a person. Paige, like her father before her, can mess with anyone's brain from anywhere in Rinnerath and parts of Clothia and Farroen. The true extent of her powers is unknown.
Paige has been trained in secret how to use a special weapon called a fanblade.

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 08-18-2011, 03:14 PM

Neron Crolidge
Twenty One
Male

Personality: Neron is extremely high strung and straight-laced. He doesn't enjoy when people wander off the topic or indulge in fun and games. Neron is pretty bitter and very serious about all his affairs. He is often one to take offense easily, as his has a very large ego.

Bio: Born the son of a soldier and a farmer's daughter, it only makes sense that Neron be fit to fight. He grew up working in the fields with his mother and spent a lot of time sparing with his father. Neron, at a young age, took up welding and studied under a blacksmith for a while until his mother fell ill. With her death, his father ended up going mentally unstable and was thrown in jail. Upon his sixteenth birthday, Neron joined the king's army and fought in some battles. Deciding to go rogue two years later, Neron is now an assassin for hire. His most recent mission is to kidnap and, potentially, kill the princess Paige.

Other: Neron is a skilled swordsman and has unbelievable stamina. When in trouble, he often calls on his horse, Crypt, comes to his rescue. It is also rumored that Neron has control over some cold forces, but no one has ever seen him utilize the power of ice in a battle.

Last edited by Wavi; 08-19-2011 at 01:18 PM..

Catonia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-20-2011, 04:42 PM

"Milady, you can't walk on a state dinner like that!" Melinda cried despairingly as she chased after the princess. "You'll have offended the ambassadors! Rinnerath cannot afford such a disaster!" Paige flung open the doors of her antechamber, almost hitting the older woman. "Milady!" she protested vehemently.

Paige slammed open the doors to her bedchamber, and whirled about, using her body to block the doorway. "I don't care if you are a member of the senior council, I will have you flayed if you attempt to follow further into my chambers," Paige warned Melinda in a low smooth voice when it appeared as if the other woman meant to follow her. One of Paige's long standing rules was that no one was allowed to enter her personal chambers. Even her lady's maids were only allowed into the antechamber.

Melinda halted in her tracks, but there was a stubborn spark in her eyes as she opened her mouth to retort. Paige cut her of mid syllable. "No. You are not going to lecture me like I am a child throwing a tantrum. I know perfectly well what I did by leaving that farce of a dinner exactly when I left it. I averted the large mess the servants would have had to clean when those so called 'dignitaries' heads' exploded all over that oh so polite dinner. You know as well as I do that not a single one of those fakes is even considering for one second contracting an alliance with Rinnerath. After Madcap's death our only ally has been Clothia -- as fragmented as their government is -- and that hasn't changed in the intervening years since his celebrated death."

"You cannot speak of your late father in such a manner," Melinda reproached.

Paige's smile was as friendly as a shark's. She lowered her lashes demurely and spoke in a sickeningly sweet tone. "Oh, how could I forget my decorum. Please excuse me, I meant to say King Madcap." With that Paige slammed the twin doors shut, taking deep satisfaction in the sound of the lock smoothly clicking into place. The red headed woman sighed before turning to survey her bed chambers. The room was dim, like she liked it, lit only by a single globe of steadily glowing wizard's fire. Nothing immediately jumped out at her as being out of place, so she relaxed the tight shields that kept her mind in place. The tension seemed to drain right out of her body, the low level pounding in her temples disappearing in an instant. The powerful dampening spells embedded into the very walls of her room were strong enough that Paige could finally release the tight grip she constantly kept on her powers. It was like basking in a bubble of complete and utter silence. Even using all of her considerable power Paige had only once been able to touch another's mind while she'd been ensconced in this room. And since that time, the wards had been strengthened.

After a moment more of silently reveling in the lack a tension, Paige finally stepped away from the door and walked further into the room. She was rather tempted to throw something just so she could listen to the sound of it shattering, but she restrained herself, if only so she could say she had more control that either of her parents. "Not that it takes much," she muttered, busily pulling out all the baubles and pins the maids had used to style her hair. She scattered them haphazardly on the vanity table and plopped down on the small stool. Paige stared moodily in the mirror, propping her chin up on one hand. The light from the wizard's fire cast a sickly blue shade to her skin, skin that Paige knew was growing far paler than she liked. She jabbed a finger accusingly at her reflection. "You need to get out more," she informed the exhausted girl in the mirror. But in between the countless council meetings and the seemingly endless parade of foreign dignitaries Paige had been unable to spend as much time outdoors as she was used to. Heap on top of that preparations for her impending coronation, and the not so subtle hints that she should find a king... Well, quite frankly Paige was exhausted. "When are they going to learn that I'm not some puppet for them to yank around?" she groused, frowning fiercely at her reflection.

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 08-22-2011, 01:00 AM

It's times like these when I wish I were able to ask for directions, but, being a man, it just looks gay. Tch, why does everyone assume we're too stubborn to seek out help. Granted, if I asked, 'excuse me, where is the princess so I can behead her,' I'm sure I'd thrown in jail. I mean, is it really that unfair? Does anyone like her? No. No. No. I can't name a single person that wants her around. Everyone says she's rude, arrogant, and a wench. She sounds just like a typical princess. Whiny, needy, and annoying. Once I get rid of her, my life will be all the better.

With his mind hard at work talking to itself, Neron had, once again, managed to stray off the path that would lead him to her palace. Granted, it was probably wise to remove himself from the path more traveled. Seeking out the back roads and avoiding the public eye would be a far better option for this man. After all, if someone had identified him as an assassin, he would surely be in over his head.

It was actually the sound of his sword banging against his hip that caused the male to relinquish his thoughts. There was no point getting worked up over this woman when he couldn't even find her.

Wandering aimlessly a muck would only put a kink in his life. If he were to have actually done as his father had hoped, he would be in a better place. By better, I mean out of the rain and surrounded by loved ones. Yet, there Neron was, walking knee-deep in the mud as he tried to pull himself from the ravine he had miraculously sauntered into.

The further he traveled, the more Neron wished he had a compass. Its mighty arrow would not only serve as a mean of direction, but also act as a moral guide. No matter what, Neron was a hopeless cause, or at least that's what he liked to believe. However, in the eyes of those he worked for, he was the best of the best. Not a single man could defeat him. Swordsmen by swordsmen would fall to his blade. Not a spear nor a ninja's knife could hinder his skills and render him useless. Even when down, Neron was able to rise to his feet and shake the ground his enemy walked on.

Taking up this task to kill Princess Paige was just, to him, an amusing attempt to find a purpose in his life. If killing and hunting was all he was good at, he would continue to walk that path.

As his body began to dry, Neron noticed that on the horizon there was a looming building whose walls seemed too sturdy to be those of a town. With a grin now sweeping onto his face, his devilish eyes illuminated at his sinister nature. Though he be of pure-blood, he was corrupt to the core. His hatred was rooted deep within and nothing could shake it from his bones. He would die forever hating the royals as they were the very people that tore his life apart.

Getting in wasn't as hard as he thought. In fact, it was almost too easy. Posing as a humble servant (you will find that under that knight-like robe is a servant boy's outfit), he crept in right under their noses. There wasn't a thing about him that pegged him as an outsider, as Neron did his homework. Studying the building from the outside, he noticed that there was a serious weakness to the fortress the princess lived in - there were too many people.

Pinned up against a wall in her quarters, Neron awaited the arrival of the princess. When she let her head rest, he would place his blade between her bosom and end it all. Not a sound would be heard, except for the sound of a heart being pierced by the vengeful blade of a scorn man.