M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-17-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
(That would be because a crossbow works with a trigger and thus does not use strength)
{Ya that makes sense. I did consider the fact that slings are 'arm-powered', so adding the strength modifier makes sense}

Shadami: {It looks like my sling missed but, if you are open to input may I suggest that my sling bullet hits a tree near the goblins at such a great impact that something unexpected happens?}

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-18-2016, 02:03 AM

(Are you trying to get more apples to fall?)

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-18-2016, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
(Are you trying to get more apples to fall?)
{Lol, maaaaybeeee.... Or something else that Shadami comes up with can happen. It's nice to have random things happen in a battle, so it isn't just full of back-and-forth attacking. }

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-18-2016, 02:56 AM

(Well I for one am not attacking at the moment. I'm pursuing our original goal of keeping the villagers safe)

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-19-2016, 02:55 PM

{That's true, I forgot. Now you have a variety of options in front of you, I'm curious to see what your next move is}

Jolmah was relieved to see that Aya was with the civilians. She knew they would be safe with Aya, and if need be Jolmah was ready to cast a spell to help or protect them.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-19-2016, 05:16 PM

(I'm in the middle of a firing zone how do I have options? XD)

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 10-19-2016, 09:20 PM

The hole on the top is the normal door of the caravan ripped off its hinges so your shield would be smaller than it.

Jolmah's bullet shot through the trees towards the goblins but couldn't find its mark. To many trees stood between her and her target. It collided with a tree trunk and ricocheted back off, continuing on until it finally bounced into the back of the goblins head. It lost its strength on the way there because of all the trees, but the ricocheting brought it up from the wrong direction.

(if you used the dex mod on the sling before i missed it. Not a big deal :] but yes its strength bonus cause of the arm strength being used.

Oh I could think of a few things that Aya could do. :3 but I'm not gonna give away my ideas since i'm the evil dm trying to kill you all. muhahhahahaha. okay no i'm to nice for that. )

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...
Send a message via Yahoo to Jaijin

Old 10-19-2016, 10:49 PM

Burne tries once again to kill a goblin within reach and laughs at the one who ran away. "silly creature being afraid of an apple."

attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 20+4+3+1
damage roll: The 8-sided dice lands on 7 +4

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-20-2016, 06:01 AM

(Can we get an image of goblin locations?)

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 10-21-2016, 01:45 PM

hope this helps.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-21-2016, 03:40 PM

(Thanks)

Aya draws her bow and climbs on top of the wagon giving herself a view of the battlefield. (If able else I'll do it next turn) Aya draws her bow to aim at a goblin archer.
The 20-sided dice lands on 16 +5+3
If it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 3 +2

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-22-2016, 11:33 PM

{Thanks for the diagram. Without it I wouldn't have known that Burne was attacking the goblins coming from the south. That changes my attack plan.}

Jolmah was disappointed that she missed that shot, but it was a difficult one to make. She noticed Burne/that bearded man {I'm not sure if Jolmah actually knows his name yet} coming from the north to attack the goblins from the south.
I better help Aya deal with the goblins from the north, I'm sure Burne/that bearded man can handle those two goblins on his own.

Jolmah aimed her sling at one of the goblin archers from the north part of the woods (the one that was easiest to hit I suppose) and loaded a sling bullet into it.
Attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 16 +2 +1
Damage roll if it hits: The 4-sided dice lands on 3 +2 +3

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 10-24-2016, 03:00 PM

(Jolmah wouldn't know Burne yet. He has just traveled south after living with dwarves for several years. :3 He's going to be a new character to your group. though you and Aya have traveled together before )

All four archers see Aya climb on top of the caravan and take shots at her. The crude arrows flying badly though the air missing their end marks and landing ebedded in the wood of the caravan instead. As their arrows released the one closest to Jolmah got struck by a flying rock and went spinning to the ground thrown by the force.

Aya's arrow didn't have any luck either striking a tree and falling to the ground instead of hitting its mark.

On the south side, Burne's warhammer hit the goblin in the chest making it double over in pain.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-25-2016, 06:29 AM

Taking another attempt, Aya draws another arrow, aiming for the nearest archer before loosing her bow.
The 20-sided dice lands on 7 +5+3
If it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 3 +2

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-27-2016, 02:09 AM

Jolmah's eyes were glued to the caravan as she watched Aya climb out and the archers release their arrows.
To her relief, none of them appeared to hit Aya.
The battle seemed to be in their favor, for now.

Wanting to capitalize on their momentum, Jolmah loaded another bullet into her sling and aimed at a different archer from the northern part of the woods.
Attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 7 + 2 + 1
Damage roll: The 4-sided dice lands on 4 + 2 + 3

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 10-28-2016, 11:57 PM

Burne looks over at the last goblin in front of him that was standing and brings his hammer into contact with him.

Atk Roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 4+4+3+1
Dmg Roll: The 8-sided dice lands on 4+4

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 10-29-2016, 03:10 AM

Aya's arrow flys across the clearing striking the goblin in the shoulder /arm socket. A scream roars up from the creature as it tries to return fire fumbling in pain to knock the arrow properly to get off a good shot. It falls very short landing uselessly in the dirt not even 30 feet into the clearing, the goblin not being able to pull the bow properly with an arrow sticking out of its shoulder.

Jolmah's sling bolt launched across the clearing ... and fell short just outside of the northern part of the woods. The force of the throw popped up a huge amount of dust on impact though making it harder for the goblins to see (for this round). The remaining two archer goblins not injured released their arrows in retalliation despite the sudden dust cloud. The first arrow pierced through the cloud and whizzed by Aya, grazing her cheek just barely. The crude fletchlings leaving basically a papercut behind. The second arrow flew by grazing her armor by her hip. (seriously. without that dust cloud giving them a minus one Aya would have been hit by both arrows. Lucky failure there Jolmah.)

The spear goblins began to look around non to brightly, wondering where the dust cloud had come from. neither can pinpoint the location, but they know that there is someone they can not see attacking them.

Over by Burne the second goblin dodges his warhammer and swings back with a downward sweep as it avoids the warhammer by half jumping back a step. It instead striked the warhammer and shatters its spear in half. The gobllin doubled over in pain from the gut shot beside it tries to straighten up to flee and collapses on the ground clutching its stomach instead.

i added yellow marks on the damaged goblins.

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 10-29-2016, 01:00 PM

Burne looking at the goblin who's spear shattered on his warhammer (in dwarvish)"your puny spear is no match for my dwarven steel now die you puny thing"

AR: The 20-sided dice lands on 16+4+3+1
DR: The 8-sided dice lands on 8+4

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-30-2016, 03:07 AM

Seeing the goblin injured and struggling to fight, Aya draws her bow for him once again, planning to put the miserable creature out of it's misery.
The 20-sided dice lands on 17 +5+3
If it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 5 +2

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 11-03-2016, 11:10 PM

{I know I neglected this thread because of the Halloween event. Now that it is over I will post here again.
I'm glad that Jolmah's failure actually ended up being a good thing for Aya! Jolmah is always happy when she helps someone, too bad she probably doesn't know that she protected Aya that much}

Jolmah rolled her eyes at the sling bullet that failed to reach its mark. After the dust cloud settled, Jolmah once again raised her sling and aimed at the closest goblin archer from the northern part of the woods.
Then, just to be safe, she moved 10ft to the east and took cover behind a tree.

Attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 17 +2 +1
Damage roll: The 4-sided dice lands on 1 +2 +3

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 11-04-2016, 10:04 PM

{pseudo dm here aya needs to re-roll for your 1, and jolmah needs to reroll for your 20}

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 11-05-2016, 01:33 AM

{Oh ya, thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot about doing a second roll for my natural 20.
Isn't it so unusual to have a natural 1 and 20 show up one after the other?
I hope things don't go too badly with Aya's natural 1}

The 20-sided dice lands on 9

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 11-06-2016, 02:31 AM

The 20-sided dice lands on 13 Rolling for failure

1s like me :(

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 11-08-2016, 12:21 PM

(thank you jaijin hunny. Guys i was so miserably sick during the Halloween event, i am JUST getting over it. And than I had the funeral to attend for My grandmother. So bear with me while I catch up. I'll edit this post again in a moment with actual story update, and than an image if its needed. :) )

Aya notches her bow with the ease of trained practice, she lets the arrow fly and watches as a sudden gust of wind snatches it out of the air and slams it down into the wooden beams of the horses (pully thingy.. forgive me i've momentarily forgotten the word) . The goblin she'd been aiming at who had shot short itself erupted into a fit of laughter and leaned against a tree hitting it with a closed fist as it tried to control itself, only stopping when the pain in its arm from the arrow sticking there made it sit down on the ground in shock.
The next archer in line after the laughing and stupid one had no luck with its arrow, striking only caravan wagon wood themself. It's comrade fell to the ground with a rock imbeded in its skull.

The spear goblins knew something was up for sure now, but they still couldn't quite pinpoint Jolmah, though they did begin to move in the general direction of where she had been.

The goblin barely has time to register that its spear has shattered in half before it collapses on the ground next to its wounded friend. A stupid look of shock stuck on its face in death as it takes a mighty blow to the head from Burne's warhammer. Beside it the downed and injured goblin struggling and tripping over its own feet and the natural softer ground of fertilized forest soil lurches forward a couple feet and pulls itself upright by practically climbing a tree trunk to get back on its feet.

Last edited by Inspiration; 11-08-2016 at 12:36 PM..

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 11-08-2016, 02:49 PM

Chuckling at the expression on the dead goblins face burne remembered back to when he did this for fun with his dwarven family. Quickly burne snapped back to his senses and followed after the weakened goblin. Readying his warhammer he brought it down towards the final pest before him.

Atk Roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 3+4+3+1
dmg roll: The 8-sided dice lands on 4 +4