Casiana
Word to your Grandmother
Send a message via MSN to Casiana Send a message via Yahoo to Casiana

Old 10-31-2010, 08:05 PM

I'm so excited! I'm gonna take a couple days on this instead of pulling it out in one day like last time, I think it'll help!

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 10-31-2010, 08:15 PM

@Clair - Ah, I see. ^^ I'm a 9th grader and homeschooled, so I think I'll be able to pull something off. But there are plenty of distractions on the 'net that I look at a lot....

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 10-31-2010, 08:27 PM

@ Cad:: :) That's pretty neat. My best friend is home schooled, and I told him about the NaNoWriMo thing; he likes to write, so maybe he'll try. ^^

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 10-31-2010, 08:37 PM

*is participating* i has some time while passing out candy tonight! yay :)

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 10-31-2010, 08:41 PM

@Clair - Cool! :D I'm EternalCADFND on the NaNo site.

@Whisper Invictus - Cool. :)

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-31-2010, 08:50 PM

what is nanowrimo... if i may ask?

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 10-31-2010, 08:54 PM

@emiko_firecaster - it's National Novel Writing Month. ^^ The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. It starts tomorrow.

Casiana
Word to your Grandmother
Send a message via MSN to Casiana Send a message via Yahoo to Casiana

Old 10-31-2010, 08:55 PM

NaNo is so not my thing, I am too much of a procrastinator, but my friend has won it a few times. I <3 her.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 10-31-2010, 09:43 PM

I have written you a story!
Username: CADFND
Title: Blue Moon
Submission:

SPOILERX

Yvonne looked one last time in the mirror before heading out. Her blond hair was tied back in a tight bun. The witch’s outfit she was wearing consisted of a pale grey corset that covered, a black silken skirt that came a little past midway to her knees, white detached sleeves, black boots with belts for decoration near the top, fishnet stockings, and a floppy black witch’s hat adorned with white ribbon. Halloween was her favorite time of year. The sights, sounds, and smells of the fresh autumn were her solace.
Coming out of her cocoon of a house, she walked along the concrete sidewalk, occasionally twirling in the falling leaves. Was she going trick-or-treating? No. Yvonne was exploring, searching for a mysterious passageway that might lead her to some relic of the past, or some modern-day sorcery. Although being sixteen, the girl still believed that there was some sort of magic in the world, be it demonic or not. She KNEW it existed, she could feel it in the air. Tonight it was stronger than ever, almost as if she could cast a spell of her own if she tried.
Going through a back alleyway and over a fence lead her to a forest. It was one of Yvonne’s favorite places, especially on Halloween. The curving trees that formed arcs with their gnarled branches lead to a clearing where the clear night sky and the harvest moon could be seen. She twirled again, reveling in the feeling of mystery. Humming a hymn of her own creation, she danced about.
“It’s as if the only reality
Isn’t here with anyone.
All this,
Isn’t it all a dream?
What reality is there?
Correct me if I’m wrong,
But hasn’t the world descended
Into madness already?
All the disorder that revels here,
Not even a blue moon could hold it’s entirety in-
The hearts that beat within us
All have a chaotic rhythm.
Only for one night may they beat true.”
She stopped suddenly, falling onto the remains of crimson and amber leaves. She’d felt something wrap around her arm and pull her down. She paused for a minute.
“Nah, I probably just lost my balance.” She passed it off, seeing as it might’ve been that one of her sleeves had twisted, but the sensation was gone now.
Yvonne was about to stand up when something caught her eye. A small figure with a Cheshire grin came along stopping in front of her. Yvonne’s eyes widened a bit and she tilted her head. She was more… curious than scared of what this little creature was.
“I liked your poem. It’s so true, you know? Chaos is everywhere, but everyone denies it… You, on the other hand…”
All Yvonne could make out on the creature was its grin, but it appeared to be human-like, save for the fact that it seemed to be a living shadow. “You liked it, hm? That’s good to hear.” She started taking on a slight accent, as she does when something intrigues her, “I always thought of the Chaos being everywhere, waiting to be awakened by even the slightest of things.”
“Oh, I like how you think.” The creature hummed, its grin growing wider. It laid one of its hands on Yvonne’s shoulder and whispered, “Look up.”
Yvonne’s eyes widened as she saw that the moon had changed from a full harvest moon to a sliver of a blue moon. The creature started humming Yvonne’s hymn getting louder and louder as it seemed to fuse with Yvonne, finally triggering her to become alarmed.
“What-what are you?!” She managed to sputter out of half her mouth, seeing as the other held the creature’s devious grin.
“I, my dear, am the embodiment of all this chaos. Demon, Sin, call me what you wish, but for tonight, this body of yours is mine.” Yvonne’s skin darkened, and her eyes began to turn red.
Standing up, Yvonne felt trapped within herself. She tried to think of something that she could do to buffer the entity’s control over her body. It simply repeated the hymn over and over again. Yvonne had the urge to tell the chaotic being to shut up, but that probably wouldn’t do any good. Black circular patterns formed at Yvonne’s body’s feet and her arms reached for the sky.
“Take that, Luna, I am free for the night.” The words came out of her mouth, but in a voice not her own. The blue moon started to grow from crescent to full and reflected in Yvonne’s now-red eyes.
The entity repeated the hymn several more times as the whole world seemingly darkened. Suddenly it came back to her. The hymn she’d created for Luna’s sake.
“Alone, you’d say
She protects what means most,
Holding the dark within her reach.
Outshined,
But always quietly glowing,
The solace that the harvest moon
Will not capture us,
As for it was trapped by her.
Everything means something
Nothing goes unguarded.
Even the smallest thing
Takes a sigh of relief
At the sight of the harvest moon.”
The entity was silent for a moment as it realized what Yvonne was saying. The shadowed circles were being dispelled as a harvest moon started to come back to the sky. Yvonne echoed what the being had done with her other hymn and kept repeating it. She said it louder and louder. The chaos was being dispelled with each and every word said.
“No!” It hollered, “This can’t be happening!”
Yvonne had regained control over her body and fell to her knees, gasping for the breath that had been caught in her throat.
“You do realize that I wouldn’t let it happen, right?” The entity had been demoted back to its own form, and a white entity in the shape of a wolf, Luna, trotted forward towards Yvonne as the chaos finally disappeared, the harvest moon back in the sky.
“What… What happened?”Yvonne said, rubbing her forehead, “Well, more like, HOW did that happen?”
“Chaos escapes every once in a while, his favorite time is Halloween. Apparently, you were the one who met him this time. I’m certainly glad you didn’t consent to his being inside of you.” The wolf’s eyes seemed to smile, seeing as that was the only part of her visible in the light of the rest of her body.
“Well, was I supposed to let it take me over? Who WANTS something like that inside of them? It’s a curse, not a blessing.” Yvonne said in disbelief.
“You’ve heard of certain killers’ eyes turning red, haven’t you?” Luna said, now sitting in front of Yvonne.
“It was him, wasn’t it?” Yvonne looked down at her hands. To think she’d forced back something that demonic…
“Correct.” Luna said, “Before I leave, I’d like to ask you something. May I?”
“You already are.” Yvonne said jokingly, but then said, “Go ahead.”
“About what you said to Chaos, did you mean it?” Yvonne smiled at the white wolf. Luna tilted her head.
“Of course I did,” Yvonne started, “And that’s why I’m so careful, unlike the rest of the world.”
Luna closed her eyes, “Thank you.”
Yvonne remained there for a few minutes after Luna had disappeared, taking in all of what had happened in the course of those five-or-so minutes. She sighed in relief.
“And here, I used to think you were beautiful.” She said, directed at the harvest moon.

Final notes: I hope it counts. ^^ I had quite a bit of fun writing this piece, and writing the poetry.

musasgal
The ever changing Fairy of Mene ...
Penpal

Old 10-31-2010, 09:58 PM

I hope I can finish my one by tonight......

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-31-2010, 10:11 PM

Thanks for the candy, Lise! I didn't want to spam up your profile so I thought I'd try to catch you here. :)

Lise
NPC
NPC

Old 10-31-2010, 10:35 PM

Forgive me, Menewshans, but I have made an error. I did not remember to add a section on the submission form for which halloween goodie bag you would like for entering. If you have already entered, please post now which of the four halloween goodie bags you would like. You will receive them after the event.

musasgal:
No, you may not change the body part for the required sentence.

emiko_firecaster:
You have not used the provided sentence in your story. It must be exactly as I provided it, you may not change it as you have.
You do not need to post your story again, however, please just edit your original post and let me know once you have.

carzeebear, Kultura, fishyfey, gummybug, Clair Voyant, CADFND:
Your entries have been accepted and will be added to the front page shortly.

Eroy:
You are welcome. I hope you enjoy it.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 10-31-2010, 10:37 PM

Hmm, I wish I were proficient in the writing of scary tales...but alas I am not.

Good luck everyone!

Lise
NPC
NPC

Old 10-31-2010, 10:50 PM

Your story does not need to be scary... It only needs to fit within the constraints I have provided.

fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2010, 11:11 PM

Can you please pick a random goodie bag for me Lise? I like surprises. :D

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 10-31-2010, 11:12 PM

*runs fingers through Lise's hair*

I'm assuming entries have to be in before the end of the event?

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 10-31-2010, 11:29 PM

@ Lise:: May I please have a blue goodie bag?

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 10-31-2010, 11:46 PM

@Lise - Could I have a blue goodie bag, please? :)

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 11-01-2010, 01:10 AM

Username: Esmme
Preferred Participation Prize: Hallowe'en Goodie Bag - Blue

Title: Curse of Living
Submission:

SPOILERX

Stepping out of the café, the tall woman shook her head. College classes were kicking her butt that term, soaking up all of her free time, and making relaxation impossible. As she stepped out onto the sidewalk, she grumbled a complaint about pushy teachers.
”Look out!”
The man’s scream frightened Lana, making her spin about. She was shocked by what she saw. There, standing before her, was a bloody child. Her blank eyes were wide, and her lips were pulled back in a hideous snarl.
Lana almost reached forward to call to the girl when she let out a gurgling groan. The noise was something like a toad caught in a trash compacter. Taking a step back, Lana shook her head, her auburn hair falling into her face. “What’s wrong?” she asked in a shaky voice, continuing to back away.
The child lifted a gored hand, seemingly ignorant to the pain she must have been feeling. It looked as though she’d been put in a pit with savage dogs . . . and never made it out. Only, here she was, standing in the middle of New York.
Lana looked to the man who had shouted at her earlier, and let out a surprised yelp. He was dead. All that was left of him was a gored, bloody mess on the sidewalk. What’s going on?
The shaking youth was then attacked. It happened suddenly, knocking her off balance. With a snapping jaw, the little girl had rammed into her, forcing Lana to the ground. Letting out a scream of horror, the woman tried to force the girl away from her. It was no use. Her strength couldn’t even begin to equal the child’s.
Slippery with blood from the attacker, Lana shoved the girl aside, scrambling to her feet and running in the opposite direction. “Somebody help me!” She shrieked, her breath coming in sharp gasps. By the time her legs felt like noodles, Lana had realized the severity of her situation. She was in the middle of New York, and some sort of curse had let hell loose on earth. What else could explain the zombies that were suddenly lifting themselves from bloody puddles on the street?
I have to get out of here! Lana was beginning to panic, the fluttering of her own heart making her jump at shadows that never moved. Unable to calm her shaking breath, she ran toward the subway station. It was the only way to get out of the city. She had to make it out, and quickly. There had to be some chance of survival.
The subway station’s lights flickered, but the sound of gunfire made Lana cry out in relief. Shoving her self into the stairway, she called out to the people she knew were there. “Hello? Somebody down here?” Her voice grew higher in pitch as she descended into the darkness, and her dilated pupils darted about as the woman tried to identify her surroundings. She screamed louder than ever when Lana felt something wrap about her arm.
“Shut up!” the man barked, clapping a hand over her mouth. “You’ll bring them to us!”
Nodding frantically, Lana clung to her new savior like life itself. In truth, he was the only thing that stood between her, and the horde of zombies that was pouring down the stairs. Her voice had called in the monsters . . . and there seemed to be no end to them.
“Get into the train car!” The male said gruffly, setting his aim before letting loose a burst of rounds. Cold blood splashed about the room, coating walls and tile floors in a slippery film.
Lana didn’t need to be told twice . . . she turned and ran without thinking. Her panic didn’t allow her to think; she reacted with instinct – and instinct said to get into the only safe place available.
The car was full, shoved full with too many people. Children were crying, people were coughing, and others merely lay still – deathly still. None of these things registered in Lana’s mind as she curled up in the only available spot. Near the back of the car, she sat on the floor, squeezing past some woman and her crying baby. It was loud, but it was worth the safety.
Listening to the gunfire as it started to fade, Lana shivered in her place. Wrapping her arms about herself, the young woman closed her eyes and tried to think of something else. This . . . curse . . . was something that hit so suddenly, no one knew what to expect. Would there be any survivors?
It was then that the gunners returned to the train, yelling out to each other to get things going. They needed to get out of the city before it was too late.
The shot up corpses began to shamble toward the train just as it lurched forward, doors closing. Lana let out a nervous laugh as they sped away into the dark tunnels. Her head sank against her legs, and she let her fear slowly melt away. They were safe. There were survivors. And she was one of them. [i]I will not die.[/url]
-

The constant motion of the train took its toll on Lana, lulling her to sleep. Nothing could wake her – she always was a dead sleeper. It wasn’t the noise that woke the woman . . . it was the thick silence. Slowly opening her eyes, Lana’s breathing sped up as her heart went into overdrive. No baby crying, no coughing old woman, no shifting in seats . . . no one moved.
“Hello?” Lana whispered, afraid to speak loudly. When no one replied, her tears began to fall. Shaking mightily, the auburn-haired college student stood from her spot on the floor, inching her way toward the front of the car. Maybe she could get to the driver and see what was going on.
Trying not to touch any of the unmoving forms that slumped in their seats, Lana gulped down painful breaths, tripping over her own clumsy feet more than once. She reached the adjoining door that led to the next train section – but too late.
Someone moved. Someone let out an inhuman groan. Lana foolishly glanced back, only to see that the gunner had filled up the open space behind her. He reached forward, gnashing his bloody teeth.
Lana screamed. “No! No, please no!”
Backing against the door, she slammed at the handle, trying to open it. Her trembling fingers and panicked vision allowed no such thing. It was the stone-cold touch of the gunner that pressed her against the hard surface, uncaring if it grinded her back against the door.
“NO!! Somebody help me!” Lana’s cries were never heard by living ears.
-

The train eventually stopped, making it to it’s final destination. With no lights, the power dying, and seemingly no one on board, the authorities were immediately suspicious. Unfortunately, the first man to open the sealed train cars was only the first of many others. The curse would consume all in its path – everyone.

Final notes: I was listening to some creepy music when I typed this out. If you want a tragedy, read on! :sweat:

Last edited by Esmme; 11-01-2010 at 01:28 AM..

MintyRey
N00b

Old 11-01-2010, 04:44 AM

I hope I followed the rules right :sweat: I think I did

Username: MintyRey
Preferred Participation Prize: Orange Halloween Goodie Bag please :)
Title: Goblins Like Me
Submission:

SPOILERX

"Finish your cereal, honey."

That's what Mom told me even though none of her eyes were looking at me. She was busy preparing breakfast. I was busy watching television. My maggot flakes had gotten soggy in the milk by now but I didn't mind. I liked them that way.

"Mommu! Cerul!" came a cry from a small cage underneath the table. That's my little sister, Tasha. She's teething right now so she has to stay in her 'crib'. Yesterday, Dad made the mistake of picking her up before she ate dinner. He's still missing his two left fingers but the bones are already starting to grow back.

"No cereal for you yet dear. You have to eat your meat." replied my mother.
"Meat! Meat!" chanted Tasha, rocking her crib back and forth. I could tell she was excited but I don't know how she can stand the stuff. It's yuck in my opinion. I prefer bugs.

When Mom was done fixing the food, she slid Tasha's cage out from under the table and set a huge plateful of raw beef and chicken by it. It didn't take Tasha long to grab the pieces and spray blood all over the floor. Her trademark mess whenever she ate.

"Les, I'm ready to go!" My dad was already rushing to the door, his suitcase full of rusty tools clanging right behind him, hanging lopsidedly on his spiky tail.

"Danny, honey, don't forget your breakfast!" She quickly handed him a bag of freshly dug up corpse parts. She managed to find one with with worms crawling through the flesh, just the way Dad liked it.

"Thanks dear." he said, before giving her a kiss on the lips. Gross. I wish they wouldn't start being so lovey-dovey this early in the morning. The moon isn't even up yet.

After Dad left we finished our breakfast and Mom got us ready for school. Mom brings Tasha to preschool but I'm already in fourth grade so I catch the school bus.

"Alright Nick, stay safe! And don't talk to strangers!" Mom calls out while backing the car out of the driveway. "And no TV until you're done with homework!"

"No problem Mom!" I say with a grin.

The day was still too early so the bus hadn't arrived yet. None of my friends were at the stop yet either. Usually, the lights in the neighborhood would be out by now, but they weren't. It was very strange.

Suddenly, I felt something wrap around my arm. It was disgustingly warm and I froze where I stood. A strange tall creature stood over me.

"What are you doing here little guy? Are you lost?" It asked. From the sound of it's voice I could tell it was a lady. But what was she? Are those...fairy wings? A bead of cold sweat ran down the side of my face. I wanted to scream but my voice ditched me to face the pink, glittery fiend on my own.

"Oh, you must be with the Trick-or-Treating group from Woodbridge. Don't worry, I'll get you back to them." She continued before dragging me off to the other side of the tall, vine infested hedge. The hedge that Mom told me not to go through by myself until I was at least twelve. But it was too late. I was pulled through, with many a leaf and branch slapping at my face. What was on the other side?

Soon I found myself having to readjust my eyes to a myriad of flickering lights. Up and down the streets I could see at least a dozen pumpkins standing at the edge of the lawns. All of them had faces roughly carved into them, just like the jack-o-lanterns my Aunt Nora hangs out with. Except these are just heads. The candles within them lit up the streets in dancing orange, along with the dim, blood red, pale green, and cat's eye yellows coming from the houses. Most of the homes had large spiderwebs covering the windows and doorways. A giant spider lay on the roof of one house while another one sat in a tree across the road. Bats seemed to be everywhere. Or dead bats at least. They didn't move, but where strung up in chains across the edges of the roofs and along the fences.
One house had tombstones and fog like a graveyard. Another had just jack-o-lantern heads littered across the lawn but had a moving scarecrow.
And yet another had skeletons jumping about the front and backyard, with ghosts hung up on ropes in the tree branches. Never knew anything that could hold a ghost.

This place really was strange. Didn't these people know that furniture goes inside the house? But what really got me freaked out was what infested the streets. Dozens upon dozens of little creatures just about my height zig-zagged through the houses. Some looked like goblins like me, and others were..I...I didn't know what!

And, all of them acted strangely. Nobody flew even though they had wings. Nobody crawled or climbed, slithered, gnawed , or even floated. Even though they had claws, more than two arms, giant teeth, horns, seemingly rotting flesh, and claws, none of them moved right. What was wrong with them?

I started to panic. I had to get away and made for the bus stop.

"Hold on there, kiddo. Where are you going? Halloween's this way." She said with a disgusting grin. Before I knew it she had returned her grip on my spiny, sharp, red claws.

'Halloween!? Who's Halloween!?!' I thought to myself. I think my Dad was telling me something about him yesterday but I was probably too busy watching TV.

"By the way, nice costume. Very realistic!" My captor said with another eerie smile.

"This is isn't a costume...." I tried to say, but my voice was weak and quivering. I doubt she heard me but I didn't have the courage to re-clarify myself. Mom did say not to talk to strangers.
We stopped by a group of kids roughly around my age standing in two straight lines behind someone. As I was left at the back of a line, the fairy creature headed over to the other person to talk. Now he was less frightening than the lady. He had normal green skin, a blocky forehead, a mean look, and stiches running all over him. Perhaps he's one of my dad's patients?

As we were led towards a house, I took a good look at the faces of my group. My stomach must have done a triple flip when I realized that each kid had only two real eyes. Any other eyes were painted on or part of the fake skin they wore. And their teeth were all filed straight! No fangs at all! And why were they smiling all the time? Why didn't they twist they're face like a normal kid would? Did this Halloween person have anything to do with it?

"TRICK-OR-TREAT!!!!"
The sudden yell shocked me so much, I nearly jumped out of my shoes. I think I just had a heart attack. No, three heart attacks. After composing myself I realized that it was the other kids who had shouted the phrase. Before I could think about why they did it, I found myself standing in front of an elderly witch and a wizard. Their aged skin was freakishly devoid of warts and they only had a few wrinkles.

"Here you go young man." the old wizard said, and he held out an open orange bag before me. I looked at it before looking back at him in uncertainty.

"Go on." the fairy urged mysteriously. Then, for whatever reason, she gave me a small bag with a black cat's face on it. I looked at her before returning my gaze to the huge black bag before me. Was there something inside I was supposed to get? I was so short that I couldn't see all the way into the big bag. Cautiously I stuck my hand in. What gave me the courage to do that, I don't know, but I'm glad I did.

What I pulled out were several small, crinkly things. I thought they were bugs. I opened my hand expecting little creepy crawlies but I didn't find any. Instead, there were these round and rectangular things in wrappers, and a small box filled with a rattling something. I looked around, wondering what to do with them now and saw the other children putting what they had gotten into their little bags. So I did the same. We did this at two other houses too and for a while I wondered what was the point of all this. Then I saw the half-furry werewolf beside me open one of his crinkly things and eat it.
Food? Was it food?

I took one colorful, crinkly thing out from my bag and examined it. Didn't look like much. I opened it, once again expecting to find a bug, but no luck. What was this? It smelled...different. Not moldy or dead, but not bad either. I put it in my mouth.

It was no bug. No sir. I loved it none the less.

"What candies you got?" asked the werewolf beside me.

"Candy?" I asked.

"Yeah, candy." he said. He peered into my bag and assessed what I had. "Wanna trade that gumball for my chocolate bar?"
I had no idea what he meant but I nodded anyway. Whatever he handed me I ate right away. So this was candy.

"TRICK-OR-TREAT!!!"
I finally figured out that it was what they yelled when they wanted candy. Wish I knew that sooner.

I noticed that the ghouls who gave out candy sometimes handed more when a kid smiled widely for them. I thought I'd do the same, see if I got lucky.

"Trick-or-Treat!" I said again, just in case. Then I stretched my mouth as wide as I could. I stretched it until the corners were past my ears and almost touching at the back of my head. I was expecting a huge cluster of candies for this but once again, I found myself in for a big surprise.

The silence was short but it was nice to hear peace and quiet for the first time since I got here. Then I noticed their eyes. They were wide open and almost about to pop out. Cool!
Their faces started stretching, mouths opening wide. They didn't seem so scary anymore. And finally, the ear piercing screams. It was just like what we practice at school.
Before I knew it I was standing alone again. Alone on the porch, candy scattered at my feet. I don't know why they ran. Maybe it was part of a game. I found how they ran kinda funny. But nevermind that. I was surrounded by candy! I picked up as much as I could before moving on to the next house.

"Trick-or-Treat!!"
And with a flash of my best grin, off they ran. Screaming like awesome banshees.

I was going to head to the next house when I heard a familiar, hollow voice.
"There 'ya are Nick. What're 'ya doin'? The bus's about 'ta leave."
It was Mr. Dowell, the bus driver.

"I was just...uh..." It was hard to explain all the fun I was having.

"Oh I see, 'ya were checkin' out the Halloween celebration. I understand completely, I truly do," He looked like he was happily remembering something, but it's hard to see a phantom's face.
"But 'ya gotta put school first. Ain't 'ya gonna spend Halloween with 'ya folks? Now c'mon. Can't make everyone else late."

With that, he floated on ahead, up the street and back through the hedge. I followed right behind him with all the candy I had won. I couldn't wait to share some with my friends. I couldn't wait to tell Dad, Mom, and Tasha.

"I love Halloween!"

Final notes: Believe it or not, I was inspired by the creepy food described in the Town Hall! :XD I wanted to write about gross food an this is what happened :rofl:

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 AM

Minty! That was the most amazing story ever!! *cheers* So creative! Dang, that was so fun to read. *laughs* So cute. Humorous! Lovely. *applauds*

MintyRey
N00b

Old 11-01-2010, 05:04 AM

:oops: Really? Thanks! I didn't know someone was going to read it already :sweat: I'm still trying to finish up all the other stories on here :XP I can't wait to read yours Esmme :eager:

musasgal
The ever changing Fairy of Mene ...
Penpal

Old 11-01-2010, 06:15 AM

Username: musasgal
Preferred Participation Prize: Green Goody Bag please.
Title:Untitled"
Submission:

SPOILERX

Like most scary stories, it usually start with “it was a dark and scary night” or something like that. But this one is kinda opposite. It started on a lovely spring day. Perfect for Halloween? Well, this is placed on the other side of the world. There was a couple of teens, just skipping enjoying the sunshine, all dressed up for Halloween. One of them is me. An innocent girl, madly in love. Now don’t think that this turns out romantic but there was more to my partner than meets the eye.
“Hey, see that house over there?” he asked, “They say that around this time, the house comes alive.”
Come on, you been watching that Monster House movie so many times. It’s only a rumour and it doesn’t happen! I thought but he pulled my arm. He dragged me in my Zombie type outfit into the house. In usual stories, there was like A cemetery out front and the house is all creaky and falling apart. But it looks like an ordinary two story house to me. What I didn’t know is about who was my boyfriend really was. What I heard that every Halloween, he brings a girl to this place and she never comes out so I was a bit frightened.
“You ok?” he asked. I shook my head.
“I’m fine” I replied, then he tugged me towards the house. He knocked.
“I think we better go” I said.
“And miss out all the fun? Yeah right” and he opened the door and dragged me in.

Inside, it is covered with dust and cobwebs. A haunted house. Great.
“Lets split up. You look around here and I look upstairs” and he left me all alone.
That bustard! I thought. At least the plants was still alive, and there was a lot of them. I just wished I didn’t watch that episode of Suite Life on Deck relating to the plants. I gulped. And as I wished, the plants sprung to life. I ran towards the living room, the stalks of the plants followed. I screamed and ran to the kitchen. Pots and pans flew everywhere and at least one whacked me in the head and I fell into darkness…..in other words, knocked me out.

I woke up a few minutes later. I didn’t know where I was. Then I felt something wrap around my arm. Or arms, ankles and waist. It was snakes. Not trick of the eye ropes, but actual live snakes. I screamed but it came out like a muffle. Before I get any further, it’s not what you thinking. My ankles was tied together, not the usual ankles apart. Anyway I see my true companion. He was in fact (no surprises) a vampire.
“There is a reason why you are here” he said, letting me breath. I just spat at him.
“How dare you!” he cried.
“Let me go” I demanded.
“Not yet” he said, showing his fangs. I knew it was the end of me.
“Become my bride and live with me forever” he finished.
“Where are the other girls?” I asked.
“They never lived again. You on the other hand will live forever with me.”
“No, I won’t let you do this” I screamed. The hisses of the snakes quieten me down.
“You don’t have a choice” and he came near my neck…bit into it…and I felt myself fall to the ground. My mortal side died and was no more. I'm now the creature of the night and will always be.

Final notes: Finally fixed up the ending to make it a bit more....i don't know, weird?

Last edited by musasgal; 11-02-2010 at 06:09 AM..

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-01-2010, 03:03 PM

Username: say-i-love-you
Preferred Participation Prize: doesn't matter I already have all four :P
Title: Untitled
Submission:

SPOILERX

It was raining again and Becca's forehead was still dripping with sweat. She had told the landlord about her heater being stuck five too many times but nothing had been done to fix it. Typical. She put her forehead against the glass of her window and felt a cool shiver course down her spine. Much better.
“I can't take this anymore.” Becca sighed as she reached over to grab her coat and said a goodbye to the calico cat lounging on the back of the couch. Becca darted down the stairs, not wanting to get trapped in the ancient elevator. The heel of her shoe caught on the last stair, sending her tumbling forward when suddenly she felt something wrap around her arm, holding her upright so she didn't face plant on the cement flooring. Gasping in an attempt to catch her breath, Becca turned to face the stranger who had kept her and realized it was her next door neighbor.
“Are you alright?” He asked with a warm smile as he let go of her arm and placed his hand back in his pocket.
“Yes, thank you.” Becca said with a blush, embarrassed about falling in front of him.
“Are you going to the Anderson's Halloween supper tonight?” He asked, referring to the dinner that their landlord and wife were hosting though his eyes lingered over Becca's frame.
“I don't think so.” Becca said. “But I have an errand to run so I'll see you around.” She added lamely in an excuse to get away. The man only nodded before turning to go towards his apartment as Becca continued her jog downstairs.

The streets were freezing which was a comforting change from the furnace that was her apartment but the sidewalks were empty, something that was rare for Halloween. Maybe the trick or treating came later? She pondered as she continued to walk.
Suddenly a dash of black, orange, and white shot across the barren street and over Becca's feet which sent her backwards into a rather large puddle of water. “Oh come on.” She protested as she examined her now soaking jacket and pants as she stood up. Following the blur into the alley Becca could hardly see a foot in front of her but she trudged onwards in an aimless quest.
A few homeless men shouted obnoxiously to Becca as she moved on but she continued on without glancing in their direction, not wanting to provoke them. Soon she approached a dumpster near the opposite end of the alley and heard a faint scratching sound. With her clothes still stuck against her frame, Becca peered over to see a calico cat that looked startlingly like her own scratching at a small black door with peeling paint chips on the ground.
Without thinking twice Becca reached over and opened the door so that the cat could get inside. Being as curious of a person as she was Becca peeked inside the door and saw that it was a rundown kitchen of a restaurant that must have gone out of business years ago.
She stepped inside and found a few kitchen towels piled in the corner and began patting down her backside in a fruitless attempt to dry her clothing. But it was to no avail and she decided to poke around some more.
It was a small dream of her's to own a restaurant someday and maybe this place would be a good home for such a dream. Granted she would have to put a lot of money into redecorating...
The floor tiles were cracked and stained with tar-like pools of black and the wallpaper hung in strips. The counters however were savable except for a quick dusting. She happily noted that there were drawers full of nearly unused utensils and a full set of knives were hanging on the wall next to what looked like an office door.
Becca entered the door of the office where a litter of newborn kittens had been safely nested inside a knocked over trashcan. This must have been what the cat was looking for... She mused and bent down to give each kitten a small pet on the head. They meowed their appreciation before she stood up and made her way back into the kitchen.
Was it her eyes or had there been a full knife set here before? Now it appeared as though two knives had gone missing from the wall but Becca though nothing of it. She hadn't heard anyone and this place was clearly old. Maybe she was just tired.
Making her way to the opposite side of the room Becca saw a locker room where employees probably hung their coats, especially in rain storms like this one... She thought as a crack of thunder rumbled overhead. Looking through the lockers, Becca found the calico cat from earlier curled up in the beneath an untouched wool coat.
“Hey there, kitty.” She smiled as she bent down. “Did you see your babies?” She asked as she petted beneath the collar of the cat with a shocked gasp. That was her cat's collar with her information printed on a silver tag. How had she gotten out? Becca had locked the door before she left and all of the windows were painted shut.
“Jenks?” She asked softly as she crawled forward towards her cat who had yet to move. “JENKS!” She yelled though there was no response. Tears began to slide down Becca's cheeks as she gently shook her cat. “Jenks what happened to you?!” She yelled.
“Curiosity.” Came a menacing voice from behind as hands found their way around Becca's waist and shoulders, gripping her back with iron strength.
“NO! HELP!” Becca screamed though her voice became muffled by a damp kitchen towel she had used earlier.
Becca felt her hope diminish as duct tape wound around her body to contain her fighting back before the shadowy figure of a chef dragged her into the kitchen's basement she hadn't bothered to notice earlier.

Final notes: Uhm I just started with her aparatment being stuffy and then the story kind of took over in front of me. There wasn't much planning and the end is kind of dark but hopefully not too dark. Enjoy.

Arechi
Yeah, how does it feel to get a ...

Old 11-01-2010, 06:31 PM

Username: Arechi
Preferred Participation Prize: Yellow Goodie bag. :D
Title: A Night in Tinker River Graveyard...
Submission:

SPOILERX

It was only meant to be a little bit of fun, something that we tried and were suppose to prove wrong. It seems however we were the ones that were soon to be proven wrong...

The whole thing started when one of the women we worked with named Pam had told of an idea for a fun pre-Halloween activity. “You know there's this old abandoned graveyard that I read about online that's suppose to be haunted. From what I've read of witness accounts there appears to be all sorts of crazy things that happens there at night. One person wrote on the site that she and her boyfriend went to the graveyard to try out a new experience. Like me they had read about how this abandoned and that quite a bit of spooky stuff happens, most predominantly there appeared to be something about a black figure chasing people out of the graveyard and then seemingly disappearing once the people were no longer in it. Then of course there was the legend of a curse that is laid on people who enter it, because supposedly four of some of the most evilest people were buried there and do harm to the people that come. Well they were intrigued and when they started they're little experience said they saw a black figure constantly circling them. Immediately they remembered about the stories they heard of it and immediately stopped and quickly tried to leave the graveyard, the figure following them the entire way. On the way out though the girl claims that her boyfriend started feeling sick and was soon coughing out blood. Thinking it was the curse she quickly hauled him out of there, and the moment they were out of the graveyard he seemed to be fine. When they turned around they saw the black figure standing at the entrance, staring at them with bloody gems, and let out a piercing screeching laugh before disappearing suddenly” our older long haired co-worker said.

As the small group of co-workers that huddled around her and I listened to her story as she continued “There were a few other stories online too that seemed pretty good, and I hadn't read one review of it that was bad. So I was thinking this Friday we could all go there and see for ourselves what this little graveyard has in store for us?” she asked, knowing immediately that three people, including myself, would readily agree to partake on this little adventure. As she expected of course the black haired girl Cassundra, the short blonde haired Ben and I all said we would go.

And so we made arrangements for that Friday, that all of us we meet at our work's employee parking lot at 7:00 pm and carpool to this supposedly haunted cemetery. As expected all four of us showed up, with Pam in charge of the directions. We decided that of the four available cars we would all pile into Ben's 2008 Hondai, since his was the nicest and most comfortable out of them all. On our way there, and in between giving directions to Ben on where to turn, Pam told us a bit more about what she had learned about the graveyard. Apparently at least seven people had been murdered and buried up there in unmarked graves, and that they weren't the only unmarked graves there either. Apparently the cemetery was so old that it dated back to a time in which people didn't put gravestones up for the dead, but rather simply put them in a wooden box and buried them. We also learned that this graveyard, although near a church, was literally in the middle of no where.

After a few minor turn errors, and a few times in us getting a little bit lost, we finally reached the gravel driveway that was said to lead to the cemetery. What we discovered though, is that unlike what the site had said, we could not drive a car up there as a metal chain that held a no parking sign barred our path. So Ben parked the car in front of it and we all got out to walk the path behind it. Being the thinking type that I was, I had brought along a few flashlights, a camera, as well as a bottle of water for everyone and a fully charged cellphone.

We walked for perhaps a few hours, following the path that we thought led to the graveyard. The path was only big enough for pairs of twos to walk side by side, and so Cassundra and Ben walked ahead of Pam and I, with Cassundra in charge of one of the flashlights, while I held the other. We had come to many splits in our path, one of which contained a port-a-potty, which was a relief to Cassundra that needed to use the rest room. We chose to by pass that path and continued on straight ahead, with Cassundra electing to use a more 'natural' rest area after opening the plastic rest house and seeing the condition it was in. We continued walking, at times up hill, as the trees around us grew denser and closer together. When Pam told us that she read it was out in the middle of nowhere, she definitely wasn't joking that's for sure.

After a while however of not coming across the graveyard, and our path ending, we decided to head back, as disappointing as that was. As we came to the split that held the plastic restroom however, we decided to take a slight gamble and try that path. After all worst case scenario we didn't find the graveyard and we just turned back.

It seemed though luck was smiling on us as we walked on a bit, pausing only once at the sound of a pack of coyote's howling in a close distance with Pam's words of 'Sounds like they found something', with Ben picking up a rather large stick just in case that something was our scent, being our only words and actions of 'comfort' in the dark wooded area, and finally came onto the entrance of the alleged graveyard.

It was enclosed by a clear ring of trees, making the atmosphere feel ominous and rather creepy. We began first looking at the gravestones that were marked, many of which were so old we couldn't clearly make out the dates, names and age that they passed away; the ones that we were able to make out read various years of the 1800's, and with the last date reading 1919. We continued checking out the graves stones, before I took my camera out and started taking pictures of the tombstones. It was after my second picture that all four of us realized we may not be alone here after all. As Pam looked at the image that was on my digital camera she pointed out something that got three of us rather excited, an orb floating near a tombstone. Immediately Pam instructed I take a picture of the same place, which I complied with, though nothing was there anymore.

Pam started pointing in places that I should take pictures up, in hopes of seeing something, and after a few negative results we finally got our next interesting picture. In the corner of the picture we could clearly make out the form of mist on the ground. I quickly flashed one of my flashlights to the area, thinking that if it was a constant mist we would be able to see it, but nothing appeared to our eyes. I took a picture of the place again, and again nothing was there. After Pam asked if she could take a few pictures, which I said she could. Again in her pictures the images of orbs and mist appeared for only a few moments before disappearing.

Naturally Pam, Ben and myself were all excited by this findings, however Cassundra was not. She was perhaps the easiest one to scare out of our group, and by now she was completely terrified. Suddenly she jumped and ran between Pam and I. “I-I felt some-something w-wrap my arm back there!” she told us, grabbing onto Pam's arm. I flashed my flashlight at her arm and in the area she was previously in, but I didn't see anything.

“Oh Cassundra you were probably just feeling the cold air, after all it's a rather cold night tonight. More then likely too your mind is playing tricks on you” was our excuse for it. Perhaps when I look back on it though maybe there had indeed been something...there that wrapped around her arm that night. Either way we simply wrote it off and continued our exploration of the graveyard.

After a while Ben asked if he could take some pictures, which I said he could, however nothing appeared in any of his pictures. “Man these ghosts are sexist!” he had exclaimed, claiming that, that was the reason he couldn't get orbs or mist or anything else to appear in his photos, and handed the camera back to me.

I don't know if perhaps that phrase was perhaps some sort of trigger, but we noticed immediately that as we took pictures things seemed to be...following Ben. Was it a coincidence? I don't think so. We took pictures of everyone, and only in the ones with Ben did things now seem to appear. Mist and orbs seemed to surround and follow him, even to the point where at times we couldn't even seem him clearly in the picture.

We continued talking pictures, but soon Cassundra yelped and grabbed onto Pam. When asked what in the world she was on about now, she pointed towards the graveyard entrance. As we looked we noticed, not one but two figures standing there...watching us silently. At first we wondered if maybe we were seeing the black figure and maybe a friend of his. I think the thing though that I remember most about this moment was Pam's words of: “Cassundra I swear to God if you pull my hair your butt will be on the ground in two seconds!” It turns out however that these were not the mentioned figures.. After seeing that they were spotted, two park rangers came up to us, seeing if we were a group of kids here to vandalize. When they saw we weren't they told us to have fun and left.

However it was after they left when we came to a particular grave that things seemed to really spice things up. It was a grave that held the name of five people. When I took a picture we noticed a large amount of orbs and mist seemed to gather around that grave. Thinking quickly we told Ben to go stand by it. We took many pictures, some that seemed to contain figures in mist, and orbs in large amounts, however that was not our crowning picture. In one of the pictures I took Ben had decided to touch that gravestone the first time that night and the results were just plain spooky. When I looked at the picture I a sort of unholy glow seemed to surround the gravestone. Immediately I beckoned for the other three to come and showed them the picture. For the rest of our time we tried to get it to do it again, but we couldn't.

We stayed for perhaps a half hour before deciding to call it a night. My camera was full and we had many things to tell our families. The drive back was normal at least until Cassundra commented about a cute deer, before a buck decided to ram into Ben's car. No one was hurt, however the car took a nice little beating, but was safe enough to drive. After a brief report to the sheriff that came, and a joke about it being Ben's girlfriend from beyond the grave, we all returned home, but we'll be back...

Final notes: This was inspired by a true event that occurred to me and my friends.

I hope that just because it was inspired by some actual events that happened that it'll still count. :sweat:

"...then who's going to watch you die?"
Wish to rp? Click me! Click me!