Draken_Lord
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2011, 12:31 AM

So hello guys, I'm Franz and I write Haiku whenever I'm bored and/or there's nothing to do.

Just what is a Haiku?

Quote:
"Haiku is a poetic form and a type of poetry from the Japanese culture. Haiku combines form, content, and language in a meaningful, yet compact form. Haiku poets, which you will soon be, write about everyday things. Many themes include nature, feelings, or experiences. Usually they use simple words and grammar. The most common form for Haiku is three short lines. The first line usually contains five (5) syllables, the second line seven (7) syllables, and the third line contains five (5) syllables. Haiku doesn't rhyme. A Haiku must "paint" a mental image in the reader's mind. This is the challenge of Haiku - to put the poem's meaning and imagery in the reader's mind in ONLY 17 syllables over just three (3) lines of poetry!"
(from Harris Middle School)
So why Haiku?

Hmmm.. perhaps because it's quite easy and short to do compared to the usual poetry forms which take a lot of time. I guess that's all.

As you can see I'm not yet a professional in writing a Haiku, as I said I only write just to keep my self preoccupied during boring hours. Since most of the times I'm quite busy, it may take a little while updating this one since I might not find time to write due to school. Anyways please enjoy your time reading my works

----------

<--reserved-->

----------

So this will be my first Haiku. I included an image so that you guys can see a clear image of what I am writing about. I hope you like it and feel free to criticize.

Like a big blanket
Shrouding all the forest trees
It comforts my soul

Last edited by Knerd; 11-01-2011 at 12:36 AM..

Traverse
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Traverse

Old 11-02-2011, 07:51 AM

Writes haikus when bored,
and his name is Draken_Lord.
This sure is easy XD

Draken_Lord
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traverse View Post
Writes haikus when bored,
and his name is Draken_Lord.
This sure is easy XD
cool hahah. i'm quite bored and i can't find anything inspirational to write a haiku about it. specifically any beautiful nature scenery. but thanks for visiting by and nice haiku. since we have a long weekends i might as well release a new haiku. :)

Draken_Lord
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 01:08 AM

Another haiku, meaning I'm totally bored. Not really, there are tons of assignments waiting in front of me to be done. I'm just really a good procratinator.

Watch the water falls
It's majesty gives off life
replenishing thirst

I hope you like it, until the next time I get bored.

Draken_Lord
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-14-2011, 10:17 AM

ah i almost forgot about this one. well i guess here goes another haiku for all of you guys. im totally bored now since the classes are about to end and the Christmas break is fast approaching.

So since it's Christmas time, I might as well focus my haikus about Christmas.

Yes, 12 days remaining before Christmas, I can barely wait!
Happy Holidays to all of you!

Snow Snow everywhere!
It is indeed Christmas Time,
I'ts a wonderland