Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 09-26-2007, 02:25 AM

w00t. This is me posting my drabbles from a few of my stories. Why the drabbles, specifically? Because I can't post the longer ones, due to violence and sex..... And especially in certain parts, those ARE important. Later on I might post edited versions and link through to the original (if that's allowed. I'm not sure.) Er, yeah, I'll explain characters/story events in the post that I do the drabbly bits in a different color. (Like black.) Feel free to review, comment, question, whatever.

Strictly speaking, they aren't drabbles--in that they aren't 100 words. They're usually a bit over; somewhere between 100 and 500. Instead of coming from a list/prompts, they come from connecting whatever song I'm listening to with a story of mine.

EDIT: Thankies for opening the Lit Spot again. *missed it*

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 09-30-2007, 03:55 PM

I am leaving you all. You have wronged me when I did nothing. You hate me for trying to save you. You blame me for everything that he does while you look at him with big, loving eyes. I’m not sitting around to watch him kill all of you. I will not hurt you, but I won’t stand by any longer. You’ll know where to find me if you look hard enough, but the fear in your eyes clouds your vision and I can’t stay. You’re so afraid I’ll try to hurt you, you’re afraid I’ll finish us off before we’ve ever had a chance, and you’re so wrong. I am good. And I know that. And you can’t take that away from me. I believe in what we fight for, but I don’t believe in you.
I’d like to go home.
Based off of "The River"-Good Charlotte.

Characters involved: Lili/HSC characters.

woopdidoodoo
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 10-01-2007, 10:39 AM

I like your first attempt alot Wordstreamer as it seems to fit in well with the songs content. It helped that I actually listened to the song as I read the peice too. However it seems very stilted, I'm not sure if thats what you were trying to go for but good job anyways.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-02-2007, 01:42 AM

Yeah--it's typically the state of mind of the character; what they're thinking in a certain situation. (My thinking typically runs along the lines of sentence fragments, so that's how I imagine other people think..... Maybe I just think strangely??? *shrugs*

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-02-2007, 03:09 AM

She came all dressed in a long red shirt. She carried two swords and a smile that spoke of knowledge beyond their own. Her hat was almost like Cassi's had been--the feather was red and less elaborate, and it was a smaller black hat, but still an ornate one. Her confidence was influenced by a bottle, no doubt--it could still be smelled on her breath if one got too close.
But she was a fighter.

Storyline: Gaia story (a story which is somewhat based off of Gaian avatar images, things that have happened to me in real life, and my wild and crazy imagination).

Influenced by: This avatar

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-02-2007, 08:39 PM

She left the house as Michael stayed in his room. It was still cold and snowy. They stepped out from behind the trees. She looked at him. He didn't seem to have the weapon, no, but he was the one who was truly in charge. She took it and went down, watching him the entire time. He left. He couldn't look into her eyes anymore. It made her gasp, it made her hurt worse than she ever had before--but she stared at him.
Michael found her like that on the ground. Traves commandeered a plane back. The doctors told him that if it hadn't been as cold as it was, she would've died.
Traves stepped off the plane. The stakes were too high, now. Nadina approached him, ready to betray her cause again--now that she knew what they'd be willing to do--and he shot her.
She lay in her coma. They guarded her round the clock, knowing the prophecy. Jaksun came and failed. Everyone came to see her; they wanted to see the girl meant to save the world (if she ever awakened).
Michael and Traves knew the prophecy; Michael went off to try and destroy Jon alone as Traves guarded Jexi. He pulled the life support as she woke up at the last moment--something had to be done--and they went to rescue Michael and his team.
Traves threw them clear of the building just as it exploded from Jon's death.

Based on Silver and Cold (AFI).

Storyline: Gaia original storyline.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-02-2007, 10:34 PM

I try to get you to talk, and it never works. You avoid me, you give me the proper political answers, you say nothing I want to hear. I thought you were good--and you've changed so much. You were our hero, and I'm wondering why I bother trying to bring you back. I don't always know what's best, but I do know what's right--do you want me to make a list of what's going wrong? I don't know how to get through to you; I don't know how to make you hear me--but I don't want to lose you. You yell and call everyone else to you when I disagree. This is your last chance, love; are you just "not the same", or will you actually talk to me?

Influenced by: How To Save A Life (The Fray)

Storyline: HSC/Lili + Thony.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 PM

Raquel, what is it?
He's here.....
He's dead! Believe me, he's gone.
My god, what is he? We'll never escape from him.....
Who's done this to you? It's all in your mind. Raquel, Franz is dead.
I've seen him. I could never forget that face.

(Moment of truth, luffluffluff)

Influenced by: Why have You Brought me Here? (POTO Soundtrack).

Storyline: July 28th.

Allucard
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-03-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordstreamer
I try to get you to talk, and it never works. You avoid me, you give me the proper political answers, you say nothing I want to hear. I thought you were good--and you've changed so much. You were our hero, and I'm wondering why I bother trying to bring you back. I don't always know what's best, but I do know what's right--do you want me to make a list of what's going wrong? I don't know how to get through to you; I don't know how to make you hear me--but I don't want to lose you. You yell and call everyone else to you when I disagree. This is your last chance, love; are you just "not the same", or will you actually talk to me?

Influenced by: How To Save A Life (The Fray)

Storyline: HSC/Lili + Thony.
That's a nice interperatation of the song. Also, Thony is a douche.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-03-2007, 12:13 AM

D: No, Thony's possessed! Not douchey!

But, yeah. I had to try hard to make the song NOT about the other storyline....

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 AM

(This is a long one.)
Send a hero; we all need our hero back. Thony downed another shot of... Something. Some magic thingy, like alcohol, but more dangerous. Heaven didn't hear him. A hero could save them all, so why would Thom wait? Lili had seen him fly away... Love sent Thom his death.. Thony stood, ready for a fight. These were low, and the people needed a hero--should he just wait? No... Ah, fly away in the night just like Thom.
He stumbled out into the alleyway. The world wasn't ending, not now, anyway. He got that it was love he felt for Thom--every lasting respect. He was a hero, he could save them; he wouldn't just wait around--run into the wall--he could fly away--fall to the ground; just another drunk and thom would be ashamed--they were all watching him. He was flying away--puke up the magical drug, then go back to drown his pain--a hero through and through.

(Diff. POV.)

She looked around his room. He'd missed Shanen, that much was obvious. The scrawled papers--"Miss You So Bad". He'd never forgotten her; she almost smiled with bittersweetness. She could remember it all too damn well. He was with Shanen now, but he'd never been able to kiss her goodbye, to see her until she died. She wanted to see him, tell him that she finally understood it all. She still saw it clearly--the day he left, and how they all mourned.. Why couldn't Thony wake him up? It couldn't have been done; she saw him fade away. He was there, then he was gone, and he went to somewhere they couldn't bring them back. One of them was gone for good, and it couldn't be fixed--even by Thony.

Gather herself.

Packing up the photos, she can stand it now. Bhen's waiting outside--but she's so tired. The way he looked when he brought her back to life (that which isn't fair)... She cannot believe h's gone. She remembers his fire, remembers what he gave everyone, and how he turned back time to save everybody--shouldn't she have gone with him, too? Wishing she was there with him--or Thom here--no, he won't be coming back. She never told him goodbye, and it stings, and she wishes she could have. The tears flow again--everything's shot to hell down here. No, he won't come back--no, she wanted to say goodbye.

Storyline: HSC; Thom's death with 2 POVs.

Influences: Hero, Slipped Away, & View From Heaven.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-03-2007, 01:27 AM

NO... Zeale.. Zeale, come back. The battle's ended, you cannot be gone. We won. You should be here. You should be celebrating with us. No, no cheering. It's not a full victory, he's gone. Zeale, come back. Please, try to understand--try to hear. Don't let me walk alone in all of my fear. The end is here, you have to come back, please, anything, anything... No, no, the curtains CAN'T close, the end is here but he isn't. Zeale, I need you, come back.... No.... Where do we go from here?

Storyline: HSC

Influenced by: Where Do We Go From here? (Buffy Soundtrack.)

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-03-2007, 01:43 AM

It's the story of a girl who's in love with a boy
And what else is new? I can guess the rest; "It's a girl who's in love with a boy, and another boy yet, but there's only one girl and that doesn't divide up, so a geometric problem ensues". Ha!
I was talking! It's the story of a girl who's in love with a boy and the story of two boys who are in love with a girl
I told you so.
Quiet! There's song and dance
(And probably romance)
And Raquel has the lead, and Jesse her love. Franz makes three.
Well, that's real life for you!

Influenced by....... Probably me. Yeah.
Storyline: July 28th. Their introduction to the play.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 03:06 AM

So many mistakes have happened before...... 's no way to make sure this is true. You think you need me, but..... No, no, it's too late. We've gone too far. After everything, we can't leave each other. Promise....... You shelter me, my love. After everything else, you're the one sure thing in my life. You only betrayed me when you felt I had done the same to you.... I want to run away with you. I want to leave all of these others behind..... I want to stay with you, though, above all. I don't want you to leave me. I couldn't handle that, not again. Speak to me slowly as you tell me that you love me, too. Tell me this is real. Heal me, fix me, and above all, please love me now.
Influenced: Too Far Gone--AAR

Storyline: HSC-Lili to Zeale, post summer BS.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 AM

In the club, dancing and enticing all of them..... They love me; they love me because of what they hope I'll do to them. They're all so shallow and full of shit. This club is just....... Lame. It's the most pretentious thing I have ever seen. But what I'm thinking of is us together, Michael. Are you seeing what I'm imagining? I'm imagining moving with you. I'm going to get another drink and leave the room with him, make everyone think.... Playing this part is awful. I hope that these people all leave and this place is forced to close down. I want to be with you, love. I'm moving through all of them to get to you. You've struck me. I wouldn't do this for anyone else.

Influenced: Paralyzed-Finger Eleven.

Storyline: Gaia story (Cassi@Michael.)

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 AM

Is it all this simple? It's been staring me in the face, but if it's bright and pretty and screaming the truth, you don't want to see it. You're some kind of friend, Thony. "Places I've got to be", "Keep up the morale", "I'm in charge", "Don't worry", "I'll fix it"..... How did you expect me to take it? They say that people like you cannot get enough, and that you're just playing with love--tell me that's not true. Tell me you're really the person I first knew; Zara's love and healer, hero of us all. When I run into you these days, you smile with your cold face and I know that you hate me. Tell me, then, why did you do this to me? Why bother getting involved? If this was all you were going to make of it, why start anything in the first place? I don't get it. I never should've let you get to me, but I did. I never should've let you get close to me, but I did. You're bringing me down. What's going on? Some kind of "friend", this is some kind of bullshit, this is some kind of evil, some kind of scary, some kind of wrong.... You're not acting like you these days.

Influenced by: Some Kind of Friend-Barry Manilow

Storyline: HSC (Lili@Thony).

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 03:20 AM

It all ends like this. Quiet and dead, missing you. I've killed you, my love. I cannot handle it, and I retreat into what I know. The rhythm of my tears joins with Marke at my shoulder, telling me the truth of what's inside of us all..... It's going to swallow us whole. I wish I could fix this, don't know how I did it. But now you're gone, and all that's left is the wreckage of your surprised body. You are so sad, my love. I am so sorry. Speeding back into mind, speeding into reality and time and life.... Speeding back from everyone else.

Influenced by: The Wreckage-Vanessa Carlton.

Storyline: HSC (Lili in mind game)

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 03:23 AM

Well, you've all figured it out, then. Alright. It's been fun, kiddies. Think about it; everything you've tried so hard to hide from yourself and everyone else--"I'm happy"--yeah, right. We know each other's deepest fears, and you can't hide there anymore. We all know where you live. Have at it, boys and girls; dig in.

Influenced by: What You Feel (Reprise)-BTVS Soundtrack.

Storyline: HSC (Thom's illusionist friend).

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 03:39 AM

It starts out slow....... Then it picks up....... But it's not real, my love. You give plastic love, fake dreams of the others. Look to him, a true hero. He is what you want to be, isn't he. Oh, I should have known how this would end--but I didn't want to believe it. You're the real thing in a world full of fakes (I hope I wish), but you're not....... You can magick anything but me..... Look how you've broken me, look to him, look to me, look at us. Oh, yes, this wouldn't lead to anything good. "High school romance", Thony, for always? It was fake. I see how you look at her. I see how you think of her. Yes, I'll be alright, if that's what you need to go on.

Influenced: Vanessa Carlton's "Papa".

Storyline: HSC (Zara@misunderstanding THONY)

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 03:43 AM

You made me believe that I could come out of the darkness. You made me believe that I wasn't crazy. You made me believe that I was truly me, that I was real, and that I was beautiful. You've set me free, my love, and I owe it all to you...... I saw enchantments, I saw beauty and peace--and I thought that it was all in my head. But no; you're right beside me, and you're real too. I'm in love with you. You own my soul and myself, and I owe it to you to help you out. You make me complete, and without you---I must find you. I must free you, now, from your chains. I can feel you the way you are when you're inside of me, and I love it. I miss you. I want you with me, beside me. You make me lose myself and yet have it all at once--you complete me. And so of course I will free you, help you, save you. I am yours.

Influenced by: Under Your Spell-BTVS Soundtrack.

Storyline: Gaia story.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 03:48 AM

In the beginning, my darling, I tried to warn you.

(Keep away from me.)

You'll never see it. I tried to tell you what would become of your wayward romance.

(You're a killer and a rapist. Stay away, I am warning you.)

Play with fire and it burns you, Raquel. Why couldn't you have listened?

(You son of a bitch.)

It's not so bad...... Everybody's hurt somebody before, and everyone's been hurt before. You're no different.

(I am better than you, and he is better than us both.)

You cannot fight it. You're trying to run away, but it'll never end.

(He'll save me. And he'll kill you.)

You want to hate me, but you can't.....

(Oh, but I can. Nobody hurts people like you do, Franz. I fight you, I fight what you are..... I am not a nine year old boy, and I am not your next victim.)

*hits*

I tried to warn you.

(Yeah? Try again. You never listen, Franz. I'll never stop fighting you. Everybody's been hurt, too, but they don't react the same way.

It's just a game, Raquel.

(It's life, you son of a bitch. This is not a game, it's you and me.)

Don't fight, Raquel.......

(Stay away from me.)

Influenced: Victims of Love-GC

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 03:54 AM

Hum, hum, hum, that was FUN.

You scream when I'm away, you scream when I'm here, you're just never satisfied. I'm going away. I'm leaving you all, and you can see how you like it, then. I'm finished being your hero. I lived for you, and that's so wrong....... You wish for love, but you push me away. It was everything, it was all of me--but not anymore. Now I'm going away, and you can see how much you enjoy it. You're all alone with the great big lion in your midst. We were meant to last forever; it was in a bloody prophecy. But you'll always know where to find me....... I wait for you to return to your senses.... I'm done being your hero, though. I'm done trying to turn night into day for you, because it exhausts me. I am tired, and I cannot take it anymore. I don't understand what you want from me. Leave me be--I need you--but I need to be away from you, more than that. I am free of your whining and incompetence. You want space, but what do you need? You need me to fix things, and I'm waiting for you to admit it. I'm fed up with being your plaything. I am not your mother. (There I go, out of your life.... Stop me, I wish you would.....) Just a whisper from you could stop it. Just one word.

Influenced by: Your Star-AAR

Storyline: HSC (Lili @everyone, especially Zeale, during summer BS)

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 03:59 AM

*ha* You all think that you have me figured out; you just don't understand that I could possibly see the world in a different way than you do. It's maybe even more beautiful, more dramatic, more everything. It's fuller, rounder, darker, and richer. It's a deeper perspective, one that you don't understand. Parts of it look black, but that just makes it so beautiful. (You can't have any light without ever knowing the dark.) You can see beauty in anything, you really can. You can see everything in the night. It's a unique perspective, I'll grant you--but not a "wrong" one. It makes me feel alive.

And that's something you can't understand.

influenced: All Black-GC.

Storyline: HSC (Lili gets it).

Allucard
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-04-2007, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordstreamer
In the beginning, my darling, I tried to warn you.

(Keep away from me.)

You'll never see it. I tried to tell you what would become of your wayward romance.

(You're a killer and a rapist. Stay away, I am warning you.)

Play with fire and it burns you, Raquel. Why couldn't you have listened?

(You son of a bitch.)

It's not so bad...... Everybody's hurt somebody before, and everyone's been hurt before. You're no different.

(I am better than you, and he is better than us both.)

You cannot fight it. You're trying to run away, but it'll never end.

(He'll save me. And he'll kill you.)

You want to hate me, but you can't.....

(Oh, but I can. Nobody hurts people like you do, Franz. I fight you, I fight what you are..... I am not a nine year old boy, and I am not your next victim.)

*hits*

I tried to warn you.

(Yeah? Try again. You never listen, Franz. I'll never stop fighting you. Everybody's been hurt, too, but they don't react the same way.

It's just a game, Raquel.

(It's life, you son of a bitch. This is not a game, it's you and me.)

Don't fight, Raquel.......

(Stay away from me.)

Influenced: Victims of Love-GC

Ooooh, killage. :twisted:

I like when bloody bad people get their come-upence.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 AM

Wasn't it you who said that nothing would come of me? Well, it has. You were wrong--but not about everything. You've made me an optimist. Even if we never meet again....... I'll always remember you. You knew the truth, even then. You knew what would happen to us all. I saved you; how could I do anything else? Freeing you from hell was all that was worth it. I'm telling everyone that you are good, Justen. You don't deserve the shit you went through. You brought me back to life, and you know that you played fair....... You and I spoke of so much that day that I returned to beg you for help. He does ask for your forgiveness, and he does miss you. We both loved him, didn't we? In different ways. He's the embodiment of anything we ever wanted--at that time. But I'm out of the way. I get why you didn't stick around to say hello or goodbye, but..... Let him know, someday, that you're alright. He remembers everything you said, just as I do, and he feels it so much now...... You and I both understood everything in that moment. I remember being close to you. Thank you for everything.

Influenced by: You And I Both-Jason Mraz

Storyline: HSC (Lili to Justen, reherself and Bhen.)