sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2013, 01:51 AM

Name: Phong Vu
Height: 5'11
Bio: Phong is a narcissistic idiot. He's loud, loves to be in the spotlight, and once again... an idiot. He's a bit oblivious to the obvious things like not realizing who likes or hates him, what his feelings for the other person, etc. But he's very observant to the smaller details that no one seems to know or care for, which makes him a clever... idiot.

When he was younger he had a surprisingly good childhood in the city, Skreya. Normally, people would be suffering from lack of hunger and water. Phong actually was suffering from the lack of things needed to survive in Machi, but he wasn't despairing or losing hope over it because he was too busy NOT to think about it. Instead, he was too busy obsessing over his looks and trying to be in the stardom. His parents actually encouraged it because all they wanted was to continue to keep that smile on his face. Then, his parents were suddenly killed because of the skreyas. Which then caused Phong to join the Phoenix Corps, where he then became a soldier.

~~

Machi is one of the few cities in the country of Viola (vee-ola) that has human beings still inhabiting it. This is the 51st century and the world doesn't know what grass or trees are, they only know what sand and lack of water is. The reason why this is so is because of the cannibals, or what they are now called the 'skreyas'. The skreyas are a threat to human kind and had appeared out of nowhere long ago. Now humankind has made a task force that eliminates these skreyas and is called the Phoenix Corps.

~~

"Gentlemen, I believe that you should be in awe of my presence because my beauty is nowhere near anything you've ever seen." boomed the Vietnamese boy. The rest of the soldiers groaned and rolled their eyes in the tavern late at night. Sometimes, the men wondered why this abnormally tall, Asian boy has so much... confidence in himself? Phong flaunted around the tavern, trying to hit on the women bartenders and waitresses even though he gets rejected every time. He's known as the main idiot and entertainment in the tavern.

The tavern was booming with laughter and singing, it was he only source of happiness for the people here in Machi. Even young children would sneak in to see what the hub bub was going on in the tavern.

((I COULDN'T THINK OF AN INTRO D:))

bala_nced

Old 07-11-2013, 02:36 AM

Name: Sierra Hawke
Height: 5'5
Bio: Sierra is a hardened criminal, but nobody would suspect a thing from a General's daughter. She's a kleptomaniac that steals everything in sight. Ration cards, food, clothes and knickknacks line the pockets of all of her clothes and bags. Having felt neglected all her life from her single militaristic father, she uses crime to fill an otherwise empty void. Sierra has trouble getting along with people her age, and she refuses to conform to reasonable standards. She's a rebel and a criminal, and that's helped her survive the harsh punches civilization tries to throw at her. Sierra doesn't want a partner, and she definitely does not like to work in groups. She's a loner by heart, and won't let anyone or anything change that, not even post apocalyptic wastelands.

~~~

The air stunk of vile cloven-hooved animals and people who have not bathed for weeks in the baked desert land. It was thick and repulsive, but Sierra loved the humidity and darkness of the market. As she went through the market, she filled her pockets with potatoes, apples, and necklaces strung together by the merchants. She told herself that she would give them to someone, maybe a urchin by the dilapidated docks, but she knew the goods would sit in the corner of her room and go untouched for days on end.

A sweaty, grubby hand clutched itself around the nape of her neck, and felt a cold steel blade press against her windpipe. "Empty your pockets, Miss." A gravelly voice barked. She reluctantly reached her hand inside her pocket, and grabbed a handful of dust. The blade nicked her throat and cheek as she spun around to toss sand in her attacker's face. He spluttered and struggled to maintain his balance. She used this opportunity to run to the nearest exit, the tavern.

ooc: I'm a bit rusty... good enough?c: I'm still working around this site's formatting, I apologize if the photo is smack dab in the middle of the entire post.

Last edited by bala_nced; 07-11-2013 at 03:01 AM..

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2013, 05:21 AM

"Oh Phong! Can you please stop scaring off the new waitresses?" complained the bartender with long read hair and a busty chest. The boy laughed and apologized as he 'magically' pulled a rose out of the bartender's hair since the woman's name is indeed, Rosa. He laughed once more and decided that it was time to leave for the night since he has morning shift in guarding whatever's left of the city. Once he came out of the door, he saw a grimy but beefy man searching for something outside of the tavern. Curious, Phong went up to the man and tapped him on the shoulder, he asked, "Excuse me for my sudden surprise of my beauty, but what are you searching for?" the man breathed out a mixture of an alcoholic and beef jerky type of smell out of his mouth before replying, "A girl... I need to search for a girl.." Being idiotic as he can be, mainly because of the alcohol still in his system, the Asian piped up, "Of course I'll help you! But unless if you don't rape the poor girl, because if you do.." the boy's smile faded and was soon replaced with a deadly scowl and glare, he replied coolly, "Well, I wouldn't know what to do with you," the man vigorously nodded, knowing that even if he is or isn't sober, he would at least know that he would die in the hands of this happy, young man if he did anything stupid.

Phong led the man into the tavern and grabbed a pot from the ground, then began to bang loudly as he caught everyone's attention in the tavern. The people started smiling and shouted out the boy's name as if they were ready to see even more of his shenanigans. He gave a toothy grin and boomed, "Look, I know you guys just can't seem to stay away from my dashing good looks-" the crowd groaned like they heard the most God awful pun and the Vietnamese boy banged on the pot again, "BUT! Other than that, I'm not here to flaunt around but I'm here to..... FIND A GIRL THAT THIS MAN IS SEARCHING FOR!" the soldier pointed at the drunk, chunky man and added, "Anyone know this man?"

((It's all good!))

bala_nced

Old 07-11-2013, 05:52 AM

When Sierra slipped into the tavern, she had to remain unseen. The lights were dim and the people were loud and intoxicated, and a haze hung over the lights like swamp mist. "Rosa," "Rosa!" she hissed between her teeth. The barmaid took one glance at Sierra, and she knew exactly what was going on. Rosa bustled over to her and grabbed Sierra's arm.

"Is he after you again? Does he know who he's dealing with? Come on, I can let you hide in the booze cellar, but if anything goes on I am blaming it on you." Sierra followed Rosa to a door boarded up by moist, almost moldy wood. It looked charred and busted. It had been there for years, solemnly looking over youth and elders getting drunk on lagers and ales. Rosa had difficulty opening it, but when she did the door opened with a massive groan, and the stairs leading to the cellar looked as delicate and soft as eggshells. A single flame in a pit flickered over a rotisserie of jerky, pots of potatoes and even a kettle of bubbly cider.

"Do you seriously expect me to-"
"Not after what happened last time. No. That is not happening... and you're welcome to one pint, but that is it."

Sierra smiled wide and hugged her friend.

The door slammed shut and it was barred. She could hear a commotion inside, like a shattering of plates or the banging of a pot. She had no time to even put her ear to the door to listen, but she could barely make out a man shouting "find...a...girl..."
Sierra cursed under her breath, and rolled a cart of pork pies at the base of the stairs. She did this with multiple carts.

That should slow them down, at least for a few ticks of a clock... she thought to herself.

The jaunty music and creaking of feet stepping on dusty boards stopped. There was an occasional clink of a glass being set down, but that was it. Dust began to settle from the ceiling in peculiar spots, like someone was walking toward the door.

She had to get out. From the corner of her eye, there was some loose bricks in the wall, light pouring out of the cracks where they were falling apart.

There it is. My freedom.