raindroproses
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 AM

If I could make a charity I'd definitely do something to aid the animals... maybe not dogs and cats so much, as they already have the ASPCA here in the US, but exotic animals in a place far away from here. I've always thought it would be amazing to go see the African savannas... go on safaris and such. I think there's a real problem with how much of the rainforests are being forested and neglected... there needs to be more emphasis put on those animals that are losing their habitat.

As far as running the place? It'd probably be funded completely by donation, or perhaps I'd use my artistic talents to have little craft shows to raise money for the place. I'd love to make it a sanctuary for animals who lost their parents to poachers, or who cannot return to the wild. I'd also put emphasis on expanding the protected sections of forest and grasslands so I could help prevent future habitats from being destroyed.

And yes, I do hate the way that charities wind up taking a majority of the funds for themselves to pay workers, etc. Charities should be run by volunteers and if anything, funded by the state.

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-09-2008, 12:25 AM

I would start a fund in a community collage so that if a student parents stop paying tuition when they find out their kid is gay, that student can still attend. I have heard of too many students having to quit school, when their parents find out they are gay.

fl3ur de lis
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to fl3ur de lis

Old 08-09-2008, 12:29 AM

I'm actually working on one right now--
I hope to get it up and running by the time I start Senior year.
-is going to be a Junior-

It'll help schools in underprivileged countries in Latin America
by supplying them with computers and other necessary equipment. : D

All I need to do is finish tax forms
and find people to send the money and equipment to--
I've got people who would spread the word,
I can format a web page easily,
and I have a mission statement already : D

I'm planning on selling shirts,
and calling the charity
Project Viva! or something like that.
Even though it sounds really cheesy. >.<

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-09-2008, 12:35 AM

I'd like to have a charity to fund better schooling for less fortunate areas ^^

fl3ur de lis
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to fl3ur de lis

Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 AM

@Sanctuary: Hehe, great minds think alike! : D

Q U E E N ! E
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl3ur de lis View Post
I'm actually working on one right now--
I hope to get it up and running by the time I start Senior year.
-is going to be a Junior-

It'll help schools in underprivileged countries in Latin America
by supplying them with computers and other necessary equipment. : D

All I need to do is finish tax forms
and find people to send the money and equipment to--
I've got people who would spread the word,
I can format a web page easily,
and I have a mission statement already : D

I'm planning on selling shirts,
and calling the charity
Project Viva! or something like that.
Even though it sounds really cheesy. >.<
wow, really?
Although the name is cheesy, the idea isn't. I can just imagine how a charity like your's would help out so many people.
Are you looking into a specific place in Latin America? After all, you wont be able to help all of Latin America, so its best you concentrate on one location.
Even though I'm Mexican, I'd suggest El Salvador. But then again, with the guerilla it would probrably be better if you did transfers. Transfer the boys to other contries so that they could learn without the fear of being captured by the guerilla.
You made me think on a lot of things.
:yumeh:

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2008, 07:50 AM

If I opened a charity, I think it will be one towards helping the blind.

~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Bring me the head of the Disco K...
Send a message via MSN to ~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~

Old 08-10-2008, 11:22 AM

If I were to make a charity it would be a real charity that gives all proceedings towards those in need, homeless, the hungry, the neglected and the abused.
I hate seeing young homeless people it makes me really sad

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2008, 01:08 PM

I think there are plenty out there already if you start looking. An overwhelmingly number of them.
I used to dozens of letters from just AR groups, because I donated to one.

IF I did start one, I start off at one of the existing ones to learn the ropes.
Then I'd run it like PETA without the way they advertise and shock tactics ( not sure how else to describe it).

I'd probably start a group based on self empowerment
Since self empowerment starts with living wages, that'd be what I'd focus most of my energy on.
Since money has to come from somewhere, it would involve mostly more balance.
I'd address things like why a person advertising makes more money then the entire factory of people making shoes. Or why the public sometimes funds Walmart's employees.
I would be fighting the political cause of self empowerment and more wage equality.

Self empowerment would be a right of everyone, except those who are too disabled to be in power of themselves and even then, I would promote as much self empowerment for them as possible. Nobody would have to sell out like I've had to do to survive.
I'm sure the super rich would come to hate me because I would fight against them to promote more money for the general public. Their living standards would go down and the general publics would go up.
I don't see this as a huge loss, because a few thousands from them would make all the difference in the world to the middle class.

We'd do most everything by word of mouth since this cause would most likely not need in your face advertisment and I think most people would quickly accept this poitical agenda since it would benefit everyone but the small minority of super rish.

Family planning would become a big part later on and that would be more resisted by the general public as many feel it's an infringement of their basic rights to have as many children as they want.
Since overpopulation creates the rat race which means not enough for everyone to have a decent middle class life, it cannot be ignored in the struggle for self empowerment for all.
As we'd start dealing with world wide self empowerment issues, we'd have to address this even more. It would involve free sterilization to people who needed it.

We'd be a worldwide presence on the web and to save money, we'd all work from home most of the time instead of a big posh office to support.