cagedbluebird
unrealistic dreamer.
Send a message via AIM to cagedbluebird Send a message via MSN to cagedbluebird

Old 03-05-2010, 09:49 PM

I don't touch myself with my hands, for fear of swallowing into the nothingness that exists beneath the hollows of my skin.
I inhale, and smell like gravity.
Light fades and the shadows stand whole over my body. Then, between the pressures on my mind, there was only silence.
Stillness in the absence of alien thoughts... I wake in the middle of the night, staring into the mirror. Blackness.
The empty space where my face must be, breathing in the dark, where time was tangible, and I was lost in the fragility of the soft beat in the womb.

---- not too bad, i think. i like this one.

'I decided to give up.'

'What do you mean? On what?'

'On you.. On us. I decided tying silk ribbons on dead branches doesn't bring them back to life and there's no use in trying to fill in the blanks to all the things you never say.'

'You know I care about you.'

'I know, and I was hoping maybe someday you would stop that dreadful dishonesty. Every time I saw your lopsided grin, my heart jarred and refused to keep going. I've grown tired trying to attain your attention with desperate attempts, only to fail in the end. I'm slowly asphyxiating in the pain behind your eyes because I know it's only a reflection of my own. Useless promises no longer sustain me. Honey, I can't stand this bittersweet abuse any more.'

'But, I love you.'

'Maybe you do - more than likely you don't. Or maybe you should have attempted to love me instead of fabricating old and used up phrases. You should have tossed aside the fiction and introduced the truth into my bloodstream. I wouldn't be dying now. You won't understand this, and I don't expect you to - but the walls turned to dust the second I started believing you. One day I was bound to wake up.'

'What will you do?'

'I'll tell myself everything happens for a reason, like I always do. I won't spend nights questioning myself, because you never had the answers. You promised me the world and handed me a pebble in place of it. I can't let you consume me until there's nothing left. I just can't do this.'

'So, it's over?'

'You say it like it's simple. I think you're a boy with eyes like wishing wells that never come true, and since I've met you I have empty pockets and warm arms and a box full of letters with words written I never had the courage to say to you, hidden from the world. The key no longer fits in the lock, baby."

'Where does this leave me?'

'We were beautiful for a while. I'd like my heart back before you leave.'

--- ahh, broken hearts.

and..
this is absolute bollocks but these were two dreams i had.

We lived in a lego house
And you lived in a lego house, too
And when she wasn't looking
I was looking at you
And you smiled at me
Looking at me as if to tell me you loved me
Still.
At night I would sit at the window
Waiting for you to look my way.
You lived alone
And I didn't
You looked like you used to -
You put your hand against the glass
And I put my hand against it too.

---

In a green garden
Mine, I do believe
I look up at a tall clothes line
And I turn around as you grab both my hands
Spinning me around.
Picking me up so carefully
You hold me and
Tell me you left her
And that you came back for me
You apologise for leaving me alone and
Kiss my forehead and
Tell me you'll never leave again.

Last edited by cagedbluebird; 03-09-2010 at 09:34 AM..

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 03-05-2010, 10:06 PM

I absolutely adore this! Keep it the way it is!

cagedbluebird
unrealistic dreamer.
Send a message via AIM to cagedbluebird Send a message via MSN to cagedbluebird

Old 03-05-2010, 10:15 PM

>w<
Aww, thank you! I'm really glad you like it.