Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 06-16-2017, 12:58 AM

Breathing a sigh of relief as the captain set for the wheel Sammy relaxed. Maybe the captain had forgotten that she had wanted to talk to her in private and she was safe. That look she'd given her earlier had been searching, or maybe she'd imagined it. After all it could just be because she was the only one who had seen the captain bring the... unwilling stowaway on board. If they were setting sail it was more likely that than her secret having been discovered.

She swung up on the rigging and held on with arm as she looked out across the ocean. Where were they destined to adventure this trip.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 02:11 AM

It's slow going at first, as it generally is after just leaving port but everything speeds up once they catch the current and the sails are unfurl. She smiles as a salty breeze blows over the ship . All of the crew busy she steers them out toward the lighthouse.

Finally out in deeper seas she calls her first mate over asks him to go find Sammy and tell him that she still wants to talk to him and that once he's done with that he'll come back to fill in for her. A few minutes later she sees her first mate coming back to fill in for her and she heads for her cabin.

Quote:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-16-2017, 04:52 PM

Sammy not really having anything to do yet had hung out on deck enjoying the sea breezes and forgetting her worries. That was until the first mate approached her and told her that she was to report to the captain's quarters to talk to her. "Yes sir." She replied quickly scrambling down from the riggings she jogged to the captain's quarters.

So much for hoping the captain didn't still want to talk to her. She hopped from foot to foot for a moment waiting outside the door nervously and stops only when she sees the captain approaching. "You wanted to see me Captain."She chose not to bring up even a guess as to what it was about... just in case.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 06:16 PM

She nods going inside telling him to come in and sit down. Closing the door behind them she takes a seat at her planing table and watches Sammy for a few minutes considering how she should approach this.

Quote:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-16-2017, 06:52 PM

Nervously Sammy steps into the cabin and takes a seat at the chair on the other side of the planning table. She nibbled the inside of her lip nervously. Should she be the one to say something? or just wait and let the captain work out what she wanted to say to her. As the silence stretched out she looked around the room that she could see without turning her head to much. She could tell it was a much nicer cabin than the crew's quarters below, but that was to be expected for the captain.

Part of her really wanted to take a peek at the maps that were so tempting in front of her and see what their heading was. As the minutes dragged on she looked back at the captain. "Captain? Was there something you needed me for?"

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-17-2017, 01:10 AM

Sitting back in her chair she puts her elbows up on the armrests of her chair and laces her fingers together. "I'm going to be blunt with you Sammy. I noticed something about you earlier today that I should have noticed a while ago. At any rate... I think it's time you come clean with me if you don't want to go for a swim. You're not a boy are you?"

Quote:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-18-2017, 02:42 AM

Sammy gulped. Of course it had come to this, she should have figured when she joined a female captained crew as her new position that she would be discovered. Should she lie? No... There was no reason to, just face the consequences. "No I'm not." She stared down at the table not wanting to meet the captains eyes.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-18-2017, 11:34 PM

She nods. "Thank you for being honest. I understand why you're hiding and I'm fine with it. There's no reason why a woman can't do this. I didn't wake up and fall into being a Captain." She leans forward. " I'm not saying you can't handle yourself but if you have any trouble with the crew let me know."

Quote:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-19-2017, 01:00 AM

"Oh." She looked up at the captain quickly in surprise. That was not what she had expected to be the response when her secret was finally discovered. "Y-Yeah of course. Thank you Captain." She stuttered briefly trying to regain the strength in her voice from the momentary shock. "No one knows.... so I think i'll be fine. Thank you though." Should she say anything else? Or just leave it at that. She nibbled her lip pondering what her best option was.

"I can stay on the crew than?" She asked at last.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-21-2017, 01:51 AM

"The men on this ship think of three things gold, spirits and women. That I'm the only one who noticed doesn't surprise me but what I meant is if any of them bother to notice. And of course you can." She moves forward in her chair. "Unless you have something else I've got a ship to Captain."

Quote:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-21-2017, 03:12 AM

Sammy gave a weak chuckle of agreement and than stood up as she was dismissed. "Thank you captain. I'm glad I can stay on the crew, I like it here." She shook out the sleeves of her shirt amazed that she was walking away from the reveal unscathed. It was glorious to know that she would be okay.

"Nothing else. I'll get back to my duties now. " Which of course was to decide now what she would make for dinner.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-21-2017, 11:14 PM

Returning to the wheel and her first mate who stepped aside letting her take over.

With a crew full of well experienced men the day went smoothly and before she realized it the first signs of evening were taking the heat out of the air and the first signs of dusk were beginning to color the sky. With it only being their first night out to sea she tells her first mate to tell the crew to start the first shift for dinner so she can stretch out another two to three hours of travel before she calls for the anchor to drop and let the crew relax before turning in for the night.

Watching from the wheel as her crew splits in half her first mate gives her a nod as he follows them down below. Somewhere up by the bow of the ship one of the crewmen starts a sailors song. One by one other crewmen join in until everyone still on deck is singing along. She hums along watching them all cheerfully go about their duties.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-22-2017, 12:06 AM

Half awake he tries to roll over to find a more comfortable spot on this incredibly hard and uncomfortable bed only to end up hitting his head against the wall and something heavy on top of him shifts making him even more uncomfortable. He tries to adjust himself only to find his hands tied behind his back which makes him chuckle. "Very funny lovely we can be naughty if you want to." Noticing how muffled his voice is and that he's unable to hear anyone else but can feel subtle movement wakes him up fully.

From what he can see in the dim light making it through the heavy burlap bags on top of him and the not so subtle smell of potatoes he's able to put together that there's bags of potatoes around him. His head hurts and he can't remember what happened or why. He calls out hoping someone will hear him only to notice the cloth in his mouth and the gag tied tightly around his head.

Several minutes pass as he squirms and struggles to get the bags to shift or move off of him and manages to free himself from the bags. He takes a minute to catch his breath and let the sweat covering him to dry before he moves himself so he can sit up. Looking around he realizes he's on a ship in with the food. He sits there trying to think of how to get himself out of this.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-22-2017, 02:48 AM

Sammy swung around on the riggings for the rest of the afternoon. Polishing up the mast and enjoying being back on the ocean. As the sun began to creep lower toward the horizon she knew it was time to face her fear. First day out was always a nice potato stew with some peas and salted beef. Cautiously she entered the provisions storage room and breathed a sigh of relief seeing that everything was exactly as she had left It earlier.

She stepped into the room being as silent as possible so she wouldn't wake the sleeping ...well ... Knocked out man. She was lucky and was able to grab a sack of potatoes she would need for the stew and quickly fled to the kitchen to get to work. The potatoes took the longest to cook and she hummed merrily to herself as she sat peeling them. Stoking a fire she quickly got a pot going and tossed in the potatoes to begin softening after chopping them up than headed back for the peas and salted beef as she heard the crew above begin to sing a sailors shanty.

She smiled listening to it and didn't move as cautiously as she shook as she went back in for the salted beef. As she pulled out enough for the meal and held it in her arms she turned and stared directly into the eyes of the man the captain had captured as he sat up. She froze in terror. He seemed unfocused. Maybe she could slip out before he even noticed her. Slowly she forced herself to take a couple steps towards the door.she had to finish making dinner. It was about time to eat.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-22-2017, 09:05 PM

Still dazed he leans back against one of the sack of potatoes and waits for his head to clean before he really tries to do anything more. Cheery singing coming from somewhere above makes him tense hes been around enough to know the sound of a priate song when he hears one. Gulping his mind goes blank on ideas of how to get out of this.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-22-2017, 10:18 PM

The half of the crew down below eating make their way back up and the second shift makes their way down below for their portions of Sammy's' food, the smells of her cooking had been wafting up on deck for over an hour now and everyone was hungry.

The song the first half of the crew had been singing turns over into a new song as Roman follows half of her crew down below. Being the last to get any food she looks over her men all of whom are busy eating and talking none of them notice her take a second dish with less then half as much stew.

Finding her captured guest awake and sitting up is an improvement over finding him still buried and out cold. "Good you're up. You might want to eat something Dart. Your uncle will pay a heftier price with you alive." She says smiling at him putting the bowl on the floor next to him and pulls the gag out of his mouth. "Just to let you know you can scream all you want but this is my ship and my crew we'll let you stay down here and scream yourself mute. We're also a days worth of sailing out to sea so if you try to get away it's going to be a long swim back to land." She explains purposely letting a two inch blade drop onto the floor near the middle of the room as she goes to the door.

"One more thing." She says stopping in the doorway. "My crew doesn't like freeloaders. They work for their pay and their meals. So you can imagine what they might do if they find out some stuffed shirt is on board not pulling their weight." She says and eating a spoon full of stew. After leaving Dart she makes her way back up on deck and goes into her quarters to eat in peace.

Quote:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-22-2017, 11:51 PM

Sammy had fled the room not being noticed and was able to finish the meal and feed the first round of dinner crew, and the second crew was on their way down at the change of the shift when she started getting nervous about the guy still sitting conscious in the provisions storage room. She hadn't had the chance to tell the captain that he had woken up, and she was hoping no one walked in and stumbled upon him.

She nodded at the captain who took a second bowl and sighed with relief. Good, she already knew he was awake and was taking care of it. That was a load off her mind. She instead sat down to enjoy the meal she'd cooked with the crew, sliding into a seat next to her friend on the crew. He clapped her on the back with a grin. "Nice job on the stew tonight Sammy. Delicious as always."

She grinned up at him but stayed silent turning her attention to the food which had been making her stomach growl for the last hour or so.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-28-2017, 03:23 AM

Surprised that she knows who he is he stares at her. Its hard for him to not look at the small knife that she dropped as she leaves. Thinking about how hes going to get over to get the knife and cut himself free distracts him from hearing whatever else she said. With her finally gone he starts to squirm his way across the floor to the dropped knife.

Finally getting to the knife he starts sawing through the ropes tying his hands behind his back. The tip and edge of the short blade sharper then he thought he cant help poking himself and nicking his hands, wrists and arms. Not wanting to really hurt himself he tries to take his time but the blood already coating his hands and arms isnt making it easy.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-28-2017, 12:50 PM

Sammy looked around the room just taking it all in. It was nice to be back amongst the crew with the ship slowly rocking in the waves beneath them. Absentmindedly she finished up the last of her stew and was scraping the bowl not really noticing that she wasn't putting anything in her mouth.

She liked this crew. They left her alone for the most part and there were a couple like Jim who were actually friendly to her. Not that they knew her secret of course... They were okay with a female captained though , so maybe... Just maybe they would be okay with her.

Jim took her spoon and bowl from her and she turned and looked at him blinking her eye to clear her out of focus gaze. "Little glazed over there shrimp. Did you rest at all while we were in Port?"

She put her chin in her hand propped on the table and thought about it. " Yeah of course I did." Though it hadn't been much she had to admit. She just hadn't realized it. "I'll be fine. This is last dinner shift. I'll do the dishes and than get some shut eye . Kay. Now get going to your duties and stop worrying about me. "

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-28-2017, 04:33 PM

Finally free he gets to his feet and looks around the room to see if theres anything he can use as a weapon and if theres anything he can use to wipe the blood from his hands.

Hearing men walk by this room he hides by standing up against the wall beside the only door in the room. He aimed himself the best he could with the small dagger just in case as he listened to at least a dozen men go by all talking and joking as they went back on deck.

He couldnt help gasping once it sounded like the last men had passed. He had been holding his breath this whole time and didnt realize it until his lunges felt like they were going to burst. Looking back around the room he settled for cutting a piece from one of the potato bags he does what he can to clean himself up and hides the small dagger in his boot.

ooc: sorry had some stuff i had to take care of irl hope you still want to continue shadami

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 07-28-2017, 06:21 PM

Finishing her meal she puts her dish to the side too focused on sailing her ship. The smell of seawater, the feeling of wind wiping through the sails, the natural rocking of the ship on the waves all of these things kept drawing her back to the sea when ever they had to go to port for supplies. She was happy to be back out on the open ocean again.

A new song worked through the crew as the second half of her crew came back from their dinner. She hummed quietly to herself letting them enjoy their selves. Her first mate seemed to pop up out of nowhere taking her dish and handed her a mug of beer with a smile and then headed back below with her dish and then off to rest for a while he'll have to take over for her in a few hours. Watching him go she was surprised her guest hadn't made an appearance yet surely he must have cut himself free by now. Letting those troubles go until it's time to worry about them she hums along to the tune still being sung and takes a swig of her beer.

ooc: I'm sorry to Shadami things got a little crazy here but I would like to continue if you're interested.

Quote:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-31-2017, 03:38 PM

ooc: :P feel free to just poke me in the profile comments or such. I'm usually around and if i don't post its because i've lost the thread not because i don't want to continue.

Washing the dishes turned into a real chore as Sammy struggled to even keep her eyes open through the task. The second round of dinner crew had long since returned to their posts and she had returned straight to the kitchens with a confident wave to Jim as she stifled a yawn. Now the yawns were coming fast as she set the last dish aside and headed back out towards her quarters. Normally she'd rig up a hammock in the supplies room as a way to hide her gender with a little bit of privacy. Just incase she did something in the middle of the night like have her wrappings come undone.

Tonight though she needed to head for the crew's quarters and didn't think about it in her exhausted state. Set on cruise control, her feet walked her down the halls back to "her room". Blinking sleepy eyes as she walked in the door, she stared at the potatoes loose on the floor in confusion. She was sure she had closed the potato bag tightly when she'd gotten dinner ready. Hadn't she. Than the realization that they had a guest in the storage room hit her suddenly and she looked up. "uh oh."

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-03-2017, 06:50 AM

After the last crewmen goes by he looks out into the hall to make sure no one else is coming hearing someone else further down the hall he quickly makes it over to the stairs and goes up. Up on deck the sun has set a the cool breeze blowing across the deck smells like salt water and fish. Realizing he must have been out longer then he thought they must have traveled a good distance since this morning.

Looking around the deck the crew is so busy singing and tending to their duties that none of them notice him. They dont notice him as he makes his way over to the only door above deck. Its to dark inside for him to see where he is but he can guess its the captains quarters. He manages to bump into everything as he goes further into the dark room sure that at any moment someones going to come in and catch him.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-03-2017, 07:08 PM

She flinched and held up an arm to stop any blows that might come from her blind side. when none came she slowly lowered her arm again and scanned over every inch of the small room very quickly. The prisoner was gone. Feeling wide awake from the adrenaline rush she quickly shoved the potatoes back in their bag, noting that the bag hadn't just been left open but had a piece cut from it, tied the bag off, and rushed towards the main deck.

She quickly spotted the Captain at the wheel and rushed over to her. "Ummm Captain."She hopped nervously from one foot to the other, That guy from earlier isn't where you left him anymore." She kept her voice low as she said what she'd came to say. Trying not to show to let her fear of a loose stranger on board creep into her voice. The fact was she should have faith that the crew could handle one lone stowaway, she just didn't have faith in strangers not doing something insane like stabbing her in her sleep or something. Biting back her fear she stopped her nervous hopping and stood alert waiting for an order of what to do about the situation.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 08-08-2017, 01:54 AM

Looking over at Sammy she watches her bounce around. It takes her a minute to jump and look over the deck. "This is very important Sammy. Go tell one of the crew men to go get Nathan, my second, then come back over." The songs that had drifted around the working crew has quieted down now as many of them are now busy with their given tasks.

Quote: