R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 03:30 AM

Ohhhh I've never once stumbled into RP land, so I suppose that's why our Gaia lives never crossed

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-15-2023, 04:14 AM

My username also changed like 20 different times over the course of the years, so even if we HAD crossed paths you probably wouldn't have recognized me. But I don't think so. Art shops was another haunt of mine hahah. I have so much art.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 04:24 AM

LOL That's fair, my username has always been R a n d e h everywhere I go, if the website doesn't allow spaces, it's Randeh LOL

Ohhhh Art was also my weakness. And I used to design profiles, so I've be in there a bit too! So much art, so many hours spent sourcing all the best artists. Ah to be young and online!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-15-2023, 04:57 AM

I find my need to have art of my Avatars at the time though. Half the time I didn't even like my Avatars

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 02:02 PM

LOL! That makes it funnier. I rarely ever changed my avatar there so all my avatar art is roughly the same lol.

Not like on Mene

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
Loving the new avi Roachi!

Have you guys watched the video The Rise and Fall of Gaia Online? It's quite interesting! LOL
Thank you! I was just missing the NPCs! <3
No i haven't, but that looks interesting. Will definitely check it out. Might help me in understanding what happened lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSen191 View Post
I don't like Gaia anymore. Too real money centered. I'm up to nothing today... I was supposed to have PT but I am running a fever and a bit of a sore throat and due to fever they don't want you there. Thinking of making some popcorn and hunkering down with my blanket and a good movie or tv show. Either finish up watching Walking Dead on Netflix or East New York on Paramount+
Yes definitely has been money hungry for years. Surprised it stood the test of time.
Ohh Sorry to hear, hope you get better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
I'm one of the OG users as well. I mean I donated for the Halo, but around like 09-10 when I discovered Mene I just never went back for any length of time. Every so often I log in, remember why I left and leave again
I almost got the halo, but i wouldn't part with my bunny slippers. Should have now, they're worth squat :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
hello all hope you are having a good day
No i'm not today, i am tired and feel like poop lol.
But eh gotta do whatcha gotta do right? How are you? :)

Quote:
I wish I had stuck around on Mene longer than I did. I started here in 08', stayed until about 2014 and then came back for a bit in 2017 but didn't stick around. Life was just too busy!! And I was heavily on Gaia from 03' until I came here and then I just played moderately over there lol It's hard for me to get back into Gaia because I was strictly an exchange user. I spent all my time in there. So now with the inflation and the 80+ billion items it's impossible to get back into it with the time I have at my disposal. I think that's why I always preferred, I spent my days in the AC and just loved making avatars with the beautiful items. You can do that and have walls of text to make real relationships!
I started in 04. But quite quickly caught up. I had a charity over there too called Cherish. When i found Mene in 08 i gave up on Gaia. Barely went back there. It was just too many people too many fast changes. And junk items.

Quote:
I used to be an exchange person waaaaaaaaaaay back when. Then I settled into RP land and just sorta never came back out
Exchanging was life for me in the avatar worlds lol.

Quote:
LOL! That makes it funnier. I rarely ever changed my avatar there so all my avatar art is roughly the same lol.

Not like on Mene
I still have that little pet avatar on lol. I checked my inventory and i have tons of awesome old items, bunny, chicky slippers, Panda hat, portable head phones, sash etc. But all of these aren't worth sh*t now. So sad
And the currency has changed it's confusing lol.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-16-2023, 03:56 AM

Quote:

Not like on Mene

Naw, Ive always changed my avatar a gazillion times a week hahahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
I almost got the halo, but i wouldn't part with my bunny slippers. Should have now, they're worth squat :(
Not sure the Halo is worth much either

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-16-2023, 04:25 AM

My username on Gaia is I Am Kirin Rosenbaum

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-16-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Thank you! I was just missing the NPCs! <3
No i haven't, but that looks interesting. Will definitely check it out. Might help me in understanding what happened lol.

I started in 04. But quite quickly caught up. I had a charity over there too called Cherish. When i found Mene in 08 i gave up on Gaia. Barely went back there. It was just too many people too many fast changes. And junk items.

I still have that little pet avatar on lol. I checked my inventory and i have tons of awesome old items, bunny, chicky slippers, Panda hat, portable head phones, sash etc. But all of these aren't worth sh*t now. So sad
And the currency has changed it's confusing lol.
I feel like anyone who loved avatar making and found Mene, never went back to Gaia full time. The items here are just way better/nice etc.

It breaks my heart that all our 03' items are worth nothing I went back once thinking I'd sell them off for art but it wouldn't get me much LOL So I keep all my items and just let them collect dust LOL BUT recently on here thanks to Ruby and others I've been learning a few little tricks and tips for Gaia, I started going back just to play their Lake Kindred game, it's full of cute little animals to collect haha.

Quote:

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-16-2023, 09:21 PM

Quote:

Not sure the Halo is worth much either
I dunno the currency is weird lol.
But i think it was in the millions when i looked last.

@Randeh - Yep that's pretty much it. I loved the more relaxed pace. I felt like i was on meth over there hahahaha.
Yeah i think my stuff will also just gather dust till the site dies lol.
I was just thinking though the amount of money i spent on avatar sites. I would be so debt free, and have a house now lol.

Last edited by Roachi; 01-16-2023 at 09:23 PM..

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-16-2023, 09:30 PM

Quote:
@Randeh - Yep that's pretty much it. I loved the more relaxed pace. I felt like i was on meth over there hahahaha.
Yeah i think my stuff will also just gather dust till the site dies lol.
I was just thinking though the amount of money i spent on avatar sites. I would be so debt free, and have a house now lol.
LOL I never looked at it that way, but you're right, it was like being on meth over there. HAHAHAHA Or at least speed!

Hahaha, we've all done it, but I wouldn't change it, I love all the memories! I'd do it all over again!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-17-2023, 12:47 AM

Quote:
I dunno the currency is weird lol.
But i think it was in the millions when i looked last.
Yeah, then there's the whole platinum thing. I dont understand the conversion rate

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 05:57 AM

We talking about currency on Gaia?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-17-2023, 12:46 PM

We are yes

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 10:30 PM

Quote:
LOL I never looked at it that way, but you're right, it was like being on meth over there. HAHAHAHA Or at least speed!

Hahaha, we've all done it, but I wouldn't change it, I love all the memories! I'd do it all over again!
Haha exactly. <3
My fave time was the evolution items. They were so cool!

Quote:
Yeah, then there's the whole platinum thing. I dont understand the conversion rate
I don't get it either lol. I tried to go on and sort it. But i'm too far behind i think lol.

Quote:
We talking about currency on Gaia?
Yep

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-18-2023, 05:54 AM

I need to spend sometime getting reacquainted with Gaia.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-18-2023, 08:30 AM

I have tried more then a few times to get reacquainted but its all too much and I end up being very like.......nope.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-18-2023, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Haha exactly. <3
My fave time was the evolution items. They were so cool!
That is fair, those were super cool! They have a lot of neat little features over there, it's just hard to know how it all works LOL Kind of like a video game that is too large to explore it all!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-18-2023, 10:09 PM

I forgot about the Evolve items. I wonder why they stopped doing those. I'm guessing it was too much work.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-19-2023, 03:57 AM

Quote:
I have tried more then a few times to get reacquainted but its all too much and I end up being very like.......nope.
Yeah... but at least I can still get on.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-19-2023, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I forgot about the Evolve items. I wonder why they stopped doing those. I'm guessing it was too much work.
My thoughts exactly!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-19-2023, 02:31 PM

Hello all. I so don't want to go to work today.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-19-2023, 09:51 PM

Quote:
My thoughts exactly!
Now it seems to be all about the random draw items, which I really hate. I want to know what I'm purchasing.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-19-2023, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah i know how you feel lol

Quote:
That is fair, those were super cool! They have a lot of neat little features over there, it's just hard to know how it all works LOL Kind of like a video game that is too large to explore it all!
Agreed! My brain explodes lol

Quote:
Hello all. I so don't want to go to work today.
Me either! But thankfully i work from home & its friday! :D

Quote:
Now it seems to be all about the random draw items, which I really hate. I want to know what I'm purchasing.
I found a bunch of items like that i bought years ago, and i started opening them. And so much crap coming out of them lol.

I wonder if Trisphee is still going?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-20-2023, 03:49 AM

I wish I had a job that let me work from home.