Send a message via AIM to Kaldeagirl

Old 08-06-2008, 06:05 PM

@Yreka:

Wow, that's pretty intense! *O*
How long have you been a fencer?

@Saravasvati:

I LOVE your new avatar! *3* :heart:
It reminds me of a traditional costume from Java or Thailand~

Ah, I see. The latter method sounds pretty good to me, but I want to get rid of a fixed area.
What happened was that I accidentally ran over the lines while I was painting, and I used a paper towel to blot the area, but it didn't help. All it did was scratch the surface off the paper. ;3;
The paper I'm using isn't very high quality, so I probably wouldn't be able to go with the exacto knife method.
But thank you very much for the tips! They'll come in handy later on, I'm sure. >u<

I gotcha. I guess the long drying time allows you to create a certain effect by mixing colors. Might be fun to experiment with!
Hahaha, you're not rambling at all! This is very educational. *3*

By the way, I checked out your dA and saw that one watercolor piece you did, titled "Aren".
It's very beautiful! *u*
My favorite part is the way you colored his hair; the varying shades of black/brown give his hair a lot of texture and depth, and the washes of red/orange (if that's what it is?) look great with the other warm tones you used. <333
Did you mix the skin tones or did you get them from the tube?

@Sweetly:

Do you pixel or do you tool shade?
Hahaha, I'm just a really slow worker when it comes to dolling, particularly pixeling. :'D

@Rei:

Oh, okay! I'll be sure to check it out~
And these would be seminars in Japan?
I usually go for things I know I'll like, but sometimes I'll try out things I don't know anything about.
Hope you find something you'll like! <33

Ahahaha, seems like the kind of place a writer would go to in order to shut himself off and come up with new material. :rofl:
I had to read this book about writing last year for English class, and in the book, the author talked about how she went to this deserted island off the New England coast and isolated herself in a tiny wooden cabin. She made it sound really depressing, but I think it'd be good place to relax. :lol:
Did you enjoy yourself, though? :'D

Ooh, sounds yummy~ *u*

@Twizted:

Hello~!
Not much going around here today. I'm wondering if I should study or draw. x'DD
How about you?

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 08-06-2008, 06:14 PM

Not much. Just doing laundry. xD

Sarasvati
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-06-2008, 06:26 PM

Kaldea: I love the new celestial stuff so much. It makes outfits like this easier. *w* (hahaha, I love the sound of freeee~)

Yeah, it's so hard to fix certain areas. If you've tried blotting it, it probably isn't going to come out. :gonk: Fickle media, watercolour be.

It makes it easier to go in and fix, say anatomical mistakes you see after a day or two. One girl in my class would often paint over a finished painting and start again with the "ghost" image of the previous one showing through. It made for some awesome effects. *___*

The hair is just a brown-grey tone I somehow mixed up right for her (eep, long story). 8D The skin tones I mixed as well, the lightest tone is just the white of the paper, actually. Most of the colours in the background are straight from the tube though. The exact colour mixes I used I don't remember, I was experimenting with different colour pallets at the time. xD

sweetly25
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 PM

Kaldeagirl: No idea whats the different in those 2 LOL.. [ish a newbie haha] I just use a premade base of a doll to do my pixeling ^^''

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 PM

Hey sweetly. ^^

Kaldeagirl
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Kaldeagirl

Old 08-06-2008, 07:36 PM

Ooh, today's item is really cute! *A* <33

@Twizted:

Ufufu, I see~~ :'D

I think I'll off now to get some schoolwork done. Been so lazy this week. xDD

@Sarasvati:

I love them, too~
All the stars and sparkly blue outfits are so beautiful. *u*

I'll probably end up starting over, then. Pfft, I'm losing so many sheets of paper to the watercolor mistress. :rofl:

Whoa, that does sound pretty awesome! *3*
I've seen digital drawings with black lineart on top and light, pastel sketch lines showing underneath; is it similar to that?

I like the skin tones you mixed! I tried mixing up my own a month ago, and they came out really bright and orangey. The mixture itself looked like a natural skintone, but when I actually applied it, the effect was quite trippy. :'D

@Sweetly:

Haha, I'm quite new to it, too~ ;D
The only reason I know about the two different methods is because I joined a dolling forum several months ago, and a lot of the users made a big deal about the two types.
The tool shading method utilizes the dodge and burn brushes, while the pixeling method uses a single pixel brush and many different shades to create a similar effect.

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 08-06-2008, 07:39 PM

Yeah. It is cute. Kind of bulky though.

Oh, okay. Bye! ^^

Sarasvati
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-06-2008, 08:02 PM

Blue and silver or gold stars is a lovely combination. :drool:

Watercolour is a horrible, hungry mistress to have. She likes expensive paper waaay too much. ;;

(thinks) Not exactly? It's like, if you had a portrait of a person and then painted a landscape over it, it would have hints as to the person showing through the landscape. It's a bad example, but that's the best I can think of. xD

I usually add a bit of blue to the orange I have if it's a lighter skin tone, it helps mellow out the tone. I can't remember which one, I haven't done watercolours in a month or so. (will be shot by her professor when school starts 9w9)

sweetly25
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-06-2008, 09:42 PM

Kaldeagirl: Ohh I never use the dodge or the burn tool [even when I CG I don't use them] [I hate those tools LOL.. cause I never can get it the way I want] ^^''

I just do the pixel method + my CG method muahahahahahaha ... yes CG method I use my soft brush sometimes to make an area look softer and smooth cough don'tknow if that makes sense but out of the whole pixel 95% are just the pixel method I guess

twizted child eve: hey hey hey ^^

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 08-06-2008, 10:12 PM

Hey. I'm back. ^^

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 PM

@Kal: No, they're seminars offered by the college. xD It's tough to choose because economics-related seminars are sparse. The bio-related ones also tend to lean towards law, in which case I can't come up with a legitimate reason for wanting to apply. :/
Thanks! ;-;

It's certainly peaceful in the countryside. xD I don't think I could ever isolate myself from humanity to write, though. I'd probably nod off and never get anything done. :rofl:
Yep~! The hot springs were awesome. 8D

Micki Chiba
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Micki Chiba Send a message via MSN to Micki Chiba Send a message via Yahoo to Micki Chiba

Old 08-06-2008, 11:12 PM

Hi,Guys. how are you?
@twisted: Agreed. They are a little bulky but nice.:yes:

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 08-06-2008, 11:13 PM

Yeah. ^^

Micki Chiba
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Micki Chiba Send a message via MSN to Micki Chiba Send a message via Yahoo to Micki Chiba

Old 08-06-2008, 11:41 PM

So,How are you,twisted?

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 08-07-2008, 12:03 AM

I'm good. :) And you?

Micki Chiba
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2008, 12:07 AM

I'm Fine. It really sucks when the houses on Gaia are messed up.:cry:

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 08-07-2008, 12:20 AM

I never go to towns or houses, really. xD

Micki Chiba
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2008, 01:59 AM

Yeah,with alot of those stupid scripters.:mad:

Kalliste
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Kalliste

Old 08-07-2008, 02:14 AM

I never go to towns or houses either. I've always had issues with it.

CelestialDreamz
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2008, 03:06 AM

Whoa I missed a lot of posts. O___O <33333

Kalliste
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Kalliste

Old 08-07-2008, 03:54 AM

Me too, I admit I skipped through them.
How are you today Cele?

CelestialDreamz
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2008, 03:58 AM

LOL I skimmed them. XD<333

Ive been good, just wishing this event weren't so time consuming. XP You? :heart:

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2008, 03:59 AM

Celeeeeeeeee~! The star of the thread hath returned! 8D

CelestialDreamz
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2008, 04:02 AM

CIREEEEEEEEEE<333333333

LOL I'm hardly a star. :rofl: Did you say earlier that you opened up a shop here? Link please? :heart:

Reinel
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2008, 04:05 AM

Oh, but this festival is totally dedicated to you. ;D

Duplicate of Gaia shop here. xD;;

OH BY THE WAY. I went to an anime otaku shop and got you a pack of notepads with Grimmjow & Ulquiorra. xDDD It's kind of dumb, but I'm having a blast being an otaku. 8DD