MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 01-03-2014, 08:49 PM

I feel that it's all about finding yourself in writing, not hiding anything because you don't have to. Poetry lets you be yourself without having to please someone else with your wriiting, it's all about you and your own interpritation of the world, your own understanding of life.

I hate being told what I have to write, this is why I'm a poet, I call the shots, I say what I want, I bloody swear if I want to, I have the power to change it if I want. No one tells me its wrong or right because its what I think it should be, its me and no one else.

The power i get from the expression of a poem, putting out my love, my hatered, my sadness, my depression, my melecoly, myself; it gives me a strong sense of self. It makes me feel more alive than I ever feel with anything else. It makes me feel more alive than breathing does.

Without poetry I would have never found who I wanted to be in life, i would have always second guessed myself in everything, and I would have never found where I belonged. Poetry gave me everything, and I just want to thank it for that.

Does anyone else have any insperational poetry stories to tell, you can say anything here because I don't judge. Spill your essence out here in this thread, share the meaning of poetry to you, and how it changed your life for the better.

Last edited by MercyGrim96; 08-06-2014 at 01:57 PM..