SelenityCosmos

Old 10-11-2007, 03:54 PM

Crash and Burn
Rating: If you watch Mutant-X you can see this.
Spoilers: All Eps.
Timeline: Varied
Summary: Adam/Shalimar- They meet, they fall in love, they admit it to themselves.
Disclaimer: Ashlock is dear, Proxy is blue, I don’t own this, for god’s sake don’t sue.

When you feel alone
And the world has turned its back on you
Give me a moment please to tame your wild wild heart
I know that you feel like the walls are closing in on you
It's hard to find relief and people can be so cold
When darkness is upon your door and you feel like you can't take it
anymore

The five men started closing in on the blond girl as she slowly stood from the crouching position she had landed in. “Bring it on, boys.” She growled as her eyes turned golden.

One of the men calmly spoke to his teammates, “She’s a feral, boss will be pleased.” All five took out metal rods of some kind and fire spouted out of the end. The girl cringed and panicked, pushing her self against the wall as hared as she could.

“Stop!” a male voice rang out, “Leave her alone. Eckhart will pay more for me.” The blond girl promptly passed out. Far of sounds of fighting brought her back, the girl opened her eyes to see black electricity throw one of her attackers across the ally. She heard an angry shout of retreat and then her exhaustion overcame her and she sank once more into oblivion.

Let me be the one you call
If you jump I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

The blond girl opened her eyes and turned her head to see curly black hair belonging to the still figure resting his head by her stomach. “Ohmigod!” she whispered frightened. His head shot up and she found herself staring into twin chocolate pools.

“Oh, Shalimar, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten you!” the dark haired man said apologetically. He gently stroked her hair and Shalimar’s fear drained. Suddenly Shalimar realized that she felt completely at home, not only in a strange place, but with a strange man as well- no matter how hot he was.

Oh, hell! Shalimar thought to her self, Time to try the five step con… can’t get to close. Shalimar regretted it a little, but she couldn’t let this man get to her. “I’m Adam,” the man said gently, “and you are Shalimar Fox, Feline Feral.” Shalimar wanted to cry. 1. Make the mark smile. Shalimar thought to herself.

Shalimar smiled her, as passed lovers had told her, most seductive smile and then asked, “Who are you- besides my knight in shinning armor? And how do you know my name.” The man seemed a little taken aback, but returned her smile, even if it was a little hesitantly, and ignored her questions, going to a computer and checking her vitals.

Shalimar slid off the bed/chair and, standing in front of the man, tried to look somewhat frightened. 2. Make the mark say “Yes”. Shalimar gave him a small smile and asked in a child-like voice, “Am I safe here?” the man’s attention snapped away from the computer and towards the blond girl in front of him.

“Yes! Yes, of course you are safe.” Adam exclaimed surprised, “Don’t worry,” he said in a gentler tone of voice, “I won’t let any thing happen to you ever again.” Shalimar gave him a real smile before she could catch herself, Damn! Ok, ok step 3. Make the mark feel superior. Come on, Shalimar! Rule number one! Don’t get attached! Shalimar thought furiously.

“You have a lot of computers, you must be really smart to have such a high-tech lab here. What do you do that requires these computers?” Shalimar asked Adam. Adam turned away slightly, looking sad. But then put on a slight smile and pointed to one screen.

“See this, I’m checking your blood to see if you are currently… evolving would be the best word. This way I can attempted to stabilize you mutation before you get hurt. It has to do with the changes your feral DNA is going through.” Adam said getting more and more excited about the complicated ideas.

Good lord, can’t let him ramble, gotta’ keep the con. 4. Give the mark something. Shalimar leaned up and kissed him softly on the lips. “Thank you for saving my life, Adam.” Shalimar said blushing. Wait- blushing? Shalimar, get a grip! She growled to herself. 5. Get what you want and get out.

Adam smiled at Shalimar, a sweet, gentle smile with no hints of lust or ulterior motives. Just genuine caring and maybe something else that she couldn’t define. “Would you like to stay here with me, Shalimar?” he said gently, “you could design you own room and I’ll make it. I’ll keep you safe and train you to use your feral abilities. Please?”

Awe, he looks so cute! She thought. But I’ll never be able to leave him… as long as I’m alive. She told herself. Don’t be silly, of course he’d let you go. You’re not a prisoner, Shal. Shalimar growled at her self again. Not what I meant. Say no. Step 5, say no. Step 5, say no. “I’d love to.” Shalimar answer.

Shit, Shalimar thought, and there goes the con.

When you feel all alone
And a loyal friend is hard to find
You're caught in a one way street
With the monsters in your head
When hopes and dreams are far away and
You feel you can't face the day

Richard had just told Shalimar that he loved her and Shalimar felt awful. Was she cold? Did she not care? What was wrong with her? She looked away from his ardent eyes and tried to think. Could she tell him that she loved him? No, she didn’t think she could, because Shalimar no longer felt that strongly.

When did that change? She asked herself, or did I really ever feel that way? She thought to herself as she continued to cry. Stealing a glance at Adam she saw that he, too, was crying. Adam was crying for her, because she was in pain. Would Richard cry that way for me? Shalimar wondered.

Weather the dying man would or not, they could never know, and to Shalimar’s distress she almost didn’t care. It mattered to her that Adam did, though. It mattered a lot. When I first met him I knew I could never leave him, yet today I nearly did. My feral side is growing stronger. I can’t let it separate us- ever. Shalimar thought vehemently.

Shalimar watched Richard’s eyes close a final time and pain washed over her as she realized that he was dead. Richard was dead, and though she felt sorrow, she was glad that this man (who had nearly taken her away from Adam) was dead. Shalimar couldn’t tell at that moment if she would ever be able to come to terms with that.

You're not alone

Richard had died over an hour ago and Shalimar wasn’t sure if she hadn’t died with him. Coming up softly behind Adam she paused to listen if the other three inhabitants of Sanctuary were awake. They were all deeply sleeping, and full of sympathy for the feral whose “true love” had just died. Shalimar placed her hand on Adam’s shoulder. “Adam? Can we talk?” she pleaded.

“Adam turned around studding her face, “Of course, Shalimar. I’m always here for you.” He said softly. “What would you like to talk about, my kitten?” he asked the blond, leading her to the sofa in the living room. Adam sat down and gently pulled her onto his lap, letting his body cocoon hers as she melted into him, her body fitting into his like a mold.

“Adam,” she began hesitantly, “do you think it’s possible that I didn’t love Richard?” Shalimar asked her long time confidant. Shalimar was very worried about this, but she felt that she needed to figure out all of her feelings. She felt Adam take a breath before he answered her.

“I think that it is possible, but not probable.” Was his gentle reply, “I think you loved him, but now you have become unsure about what type of love it was.” He looked into her eyes again and his brow creased in confusion, “What do you want to tell me, Shalimar? I don’t want you to have that worried look on your face.” He told her tenderly.

“Adam,” she started. Shalimar decided she had figured out her feelings, but now she needed time to herself. She knew why she didn’t love Richard. Shalimar couldn’t be in love with Richard because she was in love with Adam. Adam had always been there, and he was here now, but now she needed him not to know. Adam always knew.

And, yet, she couldn’t lie. “I-I need to go!” she cried running from the protective circle of his arms, away from his comforting voice. Adam would understand. Adam always understood Shalimar’s odd way of expressing a need for privacy. Shalimar was completely safe with Adam.

Because there has always been heartache and pain
And when it's over you'll breathe again
You'll breathe again
When you feel all alone
And the world has turned its back on you
Give me a moment please
To tame your wild wild heart

“Will I see you again?” Shalimar asked the older man. Shalimar could tell as soon as she looked up what he was going to tell her. He wasn’t staying, and not only that, he was planing on being noble and self-sacrificing. Adam had always harbored this strange need to protect his fellow formerly uncaring colleagues and all those he considered his charges.

“If I’m lucky.” Adam told her simply. No pretence. He knew he might not survive whatever challenge he was about to face. Silently, with her eyes, Shalimar told him that she would always be there if he needed her. She had told him that she was in love with him by following him though this whole escaped. She had left her pack, her family for him.

Adam’s eyes were full of love and pain. She had never seen this mix of emotion before though. This was caring, loving, and strangely… desire. Adam was gone seconds later, but Shalimar had seen the look in his eyes. Adam was in love with her, and now, she may never see him again. Shalimar slumped into her covers, the heavy duvet comforting her in her confusion and pain.

Shalimar’s expression hardened as she made a decision. She would have one opportunity one chance if she saw her again. One shot at admitting what she felt for her Adam. She had had chances before with Charlotte Cooke, the trial, and with her fathers’ return to her life. She had let them go even though, what was it Emma had told Adam when he was choking her?

Emma had said that he was “choking the one person in the world who would do anything to protect [Adam]. Who loves [Adam] more fiercely than anyone else.” Well, that had been true. Shalimar did love him more than anyone else and she would do anything to have him wrap her in his arms one more time.

You're not alone

Shalimar could not believe what had just happened to her family. They had finally been a family. They had had Jesse, Lexa, Brennan, and finally her Adam together and fighting side by side. She was completely happy- well, she may have been a little embarrassed that she slept with Brennan- but in general, Shalimar had been thrilled about her situation.

Now, everything had changed. Lexa was scared and she was worried about Jesse. Jesse was both devastated that he hadn’t fought this and he was in large amounts of pain, enough that they were on their way to a doctor. Brennan was being clingy, overprotective, and angrily defensive- about Adam. Adam. Adam was the most painful one to think of, because Adam was gone.

When the Creator had swept Adam away in the explosion, Shalimar remembered the others holding her back from running to him. Shalimar remembered the look in Adam’s chocolate eyes. That look that told her she was safe. The look that, when she first meet him, made her feel completely at home. The look in his eyes that told her that he loves her. Then he was gone.

Shalimar’s fists clenched as her jaw tightened, she would find him. Weather the others would help her or not, she would find him. Looking at the others she saw that they had undergone yet another change. On each of their faces, Shalimar saw the same fiery and determined expression, she saw anger, strength, and love. Adam was misplaced, yes, but not gone.

You're not alone

SelenityCosmos

Old 10-11-2007, 03:55 PM

I Want You
Rating: If you watch Mutant-X you can see this.
Spoilers: The Assault
Timeline: After “The Assault”
Summary: It's a story for those who can't stand for Adam and Shalimar to stay apart after Crash and Burn.
Disclaimer: Ashlock is dear, Proxy is blue, I don’t own this, for god’s sake don’t sue.

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola
I don't need to try to explain
I just hold on tight and If it happens again
I may move so slightly to the arms
And the lips and the face
Of The Human Cannonball that
I need to I want to...

Come stand a little bit closer
Breathe in and get a bit higher
You'll never know what hit you when
I get to you

Ooh I want you, I don't know if I need you but
Ooh I'd die to find out
Ooh I'd die to find out

Shalimar kicked down the door, releasing Lexa’s hand as she burst though, running to the man standing at the labs counter. She could hear the fight going on out there, she could imagine Brennan shooting high voltage at the now unprotected Creator’s Avatars from behind Jesse, as she motioned for Lexa to join the rest of her still-broken family.

The man, although very surprised, did not hesitate to wrap his arms around Shalimar and lifted her into the air has he spun her around then slid her down kissing her deeply before setting her on the counter in front of him. “Adam,” she gasped happily, “I love you, I love you, I love you!” Shalimar cried wrapping her legs around his waist and kissing him again.

Adam kissed her back then pulled away, “I love you, Shalimar. More than any thing in the world.” He whispered. Wrenching himself back to reality, Adam opened a box near him “Look, love. I made the serum for you, Lexa, and Brennan. But we need to go don’t we. No time to celebrate you all living if I get you all killed.” He said guiltily to the feral.

I'm the kind of person who endorses a deep commitment
Getting comfy getting perfect is what I live for
But a look and then a smell of perfume
It's like I'm down on the floor
And I don’t know what I'm in for
Conversation has a time and place in the interaction
Of a lover and a mate but the time of talking
Using symbols, using words can be likened
To a deep-sea diver who is swimming with a raincoat.

Come stand a little bit closer
Breathe in and get a bit higher
You'll never know what hit you when
I get to you

Ooh I'd die to find out
Ooh I'd die to find out

Ooh, ahh...
Ooh, ahh...

Shalimar smiled gently, cupping his cheek in her hand as she stroked his lips with her thumb, “We’ll celebrate now. Hit me doc, then we can remove you from this hell hole.” Shalimar kissed the grateful/guilty look off his face and glanced around the lab as he gave her the injection, ”Is there anything you want to take with you, Adam? We do have to travel light, but…”

Adam took her hand and squeezed as he answered, “Nothing here except the other two injections and Emma’s ring. They got it from Sanctuary’s ruins on my request.” He told her, pulling her from the counter to her feet. Adam removed a holographic piece of the wall and took out a box of weapons. Two daggers found their way to Shalimar, Adam slipped Emma’s com-link on and put the box of syringes in his pocket, and Adam took two tranquilizer guns for himself.

Shalimar grinned as they reached Brennan, Lexa, and Jesse. Adam shot a man about to reach Brennan, who looked up at Adam in surprise and pure adoration, saying “Don’t even think about touching my team!” Shalimar cut her way to the other three with Adam behind her. Lexa and Brennan leaned into Adam’s back and the three served as an invisible long-range protection as Mutant-X left the Creator’s ‘hell hole’ for good.

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola
I don't need to try to explain
I just hold on tight and If it happens again
I may move so slightly to the arms
And the lips and the face
Of The Human Cannonball that
I need to I want to...

Ooh I'd die to find out
Ooh I'd die to find out
(X3)

“We don’t have a place to stay,” Shalimar told Adam gently, “but we’re together.” Adam smiled, kissing her softly, and shook his head slowly. Lexa chuckled from Brennan’s lap, the two weren’t lovers, but Brennan and Lexa had been the best of friend for a while now. Jesse, grinning in the driver’s seat of the Camper, was equally overjoyed at this development between his two mentors.

“Ah, love?” Adam said sheepishly, “Can I tell you about a place called Haven? An old friend of mine runs it- she’s the reason I chose Emma for Mutant-X- Emma reminded me of her. She’s an advanced psionic telepath and she has been running the Underground spectacularly while I have been away. She has been doing so much good that I was going to ask her to reveal herself to you before the Creator took me. Her name is Riley Morgan.”

“I love you, Adam,” Shalimar said meeting Brennan’s eyes, Brennan’s eye’s had lit up like a child experiencing the full pleasure of their birthday for the first time. “And so do Lexa, Jesse, and especially Brennan- now. We won’t lose you again. I won’t lose you again.” Shalimar kissed Adam truly, madly, and deeply. And as they drove off in to the proverbial sunset both whispered, “I love you.”

Ooh I'd die to find out