SelenityCosmos

Old 10-11-2007, 03:59 PM

Disclaimer: Max's Blood are red, Logan's Eyes are blue, I don't own them, god's sake don't sue!

Cherries.

Every time she walked in my door I inhaled the sweet aroma of her cherry lip balm, cherry gum, and the flavor that she left in my mouth when I basked in the fragrance of her hair- cherries. I never liked cherries more than other berries before, but that was before I knew her. I used to burry my face in her hair when we hugged, taking for granted that wonderful smell. I used to revel in the taste of her mouth- the scent so much stronger there, a sassy flavor with a very sweet undertone- like Max.

Zach once told me about the present that he and the others would bring Max whenever they could. Cherries. They would sit there and watch her ecstasy at every mouthful. They all loved her in a sisterly way, she was one of the youngest and she was the favorite, but they all felt something else. Max, he explained, was not only favored by him, but by Lydecker and everyone else. She was always different. Max always cared more. Zach knew that his unit’s feelings for Max bordered on incest, and so did his, but he forbid them to ever let her know.

I took cherries for granted just like I took Max for granted. I don’t now, but now is too late.