Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 10-22-2007, 04:10 AM

How Do I Earn Gold?: A Newbie Gold Earning Guide

The gold system on Menewsha is quite a bit different than most sites you might be familiar with. This guide should cover all those pesky questions you might have about gold earning as well as some tips and tricks to help maximize your gold earning potential without breaking the rules.

Overview:

Gold is the currency used on Menewsha, and it's earned primarily by posting. You will notice that the amount of gold awarded for each post varies. This is because gold is directly proportional to the amount of text you type. Therefore short responses might give you one or two gold, but posts of several paragraphs might earn you a maximum of twenty gold.

Posting Rules:

STOP! Before posting anywhere in the forums, be sure to read the entire site rules (it won't take long). Breaking a rule might result in your post being deleted, which removes the gold you earned!

Be sure to avoid the following:
  • Bumps/Spam/Begging (short, nonsense replies barely earn you gold anyways)
  • Failure to quote (any copy/pasted work or lyrics must have quote tags)
  • Adding excess images to each post/"flobbing"
  • Copy/Pasting the same message, even if you wrote it

Note: If you do accidentally break the rules, don't panic! :) We're not out to get you. Just hit the "Report" button and we can take care of things for you, no extra hassles. Check out this guide to learn more!

Current Ways to Earn Gold:
  • Post in the forums
  • Editing a post will add gold or subtract it depending on content length
  • Make a thread and get replies (each reply that isn't your own earns you a .1g bonus!)
  • Sell items in the Menewshan Exchange
  • Sell artwork or graphics in the Art Shops Forum
  • Compete in the Contests and Giveaways Forum
  • Win the tri-weekly Admin's Pick outfit contest (1,000g+ prize!)
  • "Like" a Menewsha page on Facebook (max. 2 per day)

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-18-2022 at 09:00 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 10-22-2007, 04:13 AM

Tips and Tricks:

Get active in the community!

Spell things out
  • Using proper grammar and spelling actually earns you more gold!
  • Write smaller numbers out
  • Use @UserI'mTalkingTo: instead of quoting each of their replies

Sell Artwork
  • Make an Art shop, and sell your wares for some extra gold in the Art Shops Forum
Art Shop Subforums:
Art Auctions - Here you can Auction off your art for gold and items to the highest bidder.
Art Requests - Users are always looking for Artists. In requests, you can pick who you want to draw for!
Art Contests - Try your hand at some art contests! Winners can receive whatever prizes the Contest holder is giving away.
Breedables/Changing Pet - Have a cute (or creepy) pet idea? Well versed in the realms of Custom pets? Wander on in!
Art Freebies - You won't receive a steady income of gold, but you can give away free art, and upon the occasion, receive tips!
Use the Exchange Forum and Marketplace to your advantage
  • At the Menewshan Exchange or in the Marketplace you can find any number of deals. Note: You can only have one shop thread in the Exchange forum, so be sure to reserve enough posts!
  • You can find store items (otherwise known as commons) for cheaper than store price.
  • Collecting Monthly Contribution items can be a good investment. Wait for natural inflation to occur, and in time you can sell your items for more than what you bought them for.
  • Sell limited-time event items for gold to users who were not online to participate.
  • You can check high/low/average item values in the Marketplace
(Note: Be careful if using this method. Some users do not like this idea, or those that practice it.)

Donate to Menewsha
  • For every $2.50 you spend, you receive One (1) Monthly collectible item. [Buy them Here]
    These items cannot be found in stores, and are only sold for one month
  • When buying the Monthly items with Real Money, you can sell them for Menewshan Gold in the Exchange Forum or Marketplace
  • Buying a set to keep for yourself will save you from having to buy the items with Menewshan gold

Last edited by Nephila; 12-27-2015 at 06:51 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 10-22-2007, 04:20 AM

F.A.Q:

Q. Where can I buy cheap clothes?

A. Our #1 Newbie Emporium is the best place to pick up a few some cheap duds.

Q. Why is earning gold so difficult?

A. That's really a matter of opinion. Once users are involved in the community, they have no problem gaining gold. On Menewsha, it's expected to earn your gold.

Q. Do I earn gold from lurking/taking polls?

A. No, and there will never be lurking gold on Menewsha. You are rewarded for being involved in the community, plus allowing lurker gold enables botters.

Q. Why didn't I earn gold from my posts?

A. Were those posts made in the Testing Forum? Since that forum is just for testing and not discussion, gold earning is disabled there.

Q. Why did I lose gold?!

A. If you break a posting rule, your post might be edited or deleted causing your gold to go down. You will be notified if this is the case.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-18-2022 at 09:03 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 10-22-2007, 04:46 AM

Useful Links

Official Site Rules & FAQ - A must read!
Menewsha ToS - The Terms of Service of Menewsha
Basic URLs List - An extensive list of links to various parts of the site
Questing Guide - A guide on how to organize a Quest thread
FAQs - This will answer a lot of your questions
Resource Center - Contains many guides on how to improve your Menewshan experience

Be sure to read all of the stickies before posting a new thread in the forums!

Last edited by Nephila; 12-27-2015 at 07:03 PM..

NiteMAREXIII
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to NiteMAREXIII

Old 10-28-2007, 10:41 PM

This is extremely helpful.Thank you. :D

cryztyna
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-29-2007, 03:21 PM

yes indeed this is extremely helpful. thank you for helping with your helpful skills. :D

TorturedSoul
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-30-2007, 12:11 AM

Thanks so much for the help. This thread was extremely helpful. I definitely needed this. I believe my little witchlette is freezing *smile*

ElementaLImagination
Send a message via MSN to ElementaLImagination

Old 10-30-2007, 12:36 PM

your info was very helpful thanx.

Quote:

Kayara
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-30-2007, 08:32 PM

Thank you very much for the help, I needed it alot and very much appreciate it! Though I don't fully understand the point of the .five or .one golds yet I'm sure I'll understand eventually!!

Kenny
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-06-2007, 03:20 AM

I really need help and you help me with all this thank you

princesszae
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 PM

very helpful thank u very much

samurai andy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 AM

yup helpfull i was getting lost in menewsha on how to get gold XD but do the new people rly have to be ummm naked the first time they join???? i thought it was funny.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 11-07-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai andy
yup helpfull i was getting lost in menewsha on how to get gold XD but do the new people rly have to be ummm naked the first time they join???? i thought it was funny.
Yes, everyone is expected to earn their items, which is why there are no starter sets. ^^ But you're never actually naked since you have default underwear.

Jenova
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 PM

I think that actually earning your gold is a brilliant idea.

ForkoFried
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2007, 02:43 AM

I agree with everyone else.
Even after reading all the other guides this still had some very useful information!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkoFried
I agree with everyone else.
Even after reading all the other guides this still had some very useful information!
Glad to hear it! :D But if anyone has any questions not covered by this, feel free to ask. I'm sure there's more I could add to the FAQ section.

sexybluewolfdemon

Old 11-09-2007, 02:41 PM

hey who ever you are, thank you very much because it is very helpful for all of the newbies like me of corse. i am not very good at collecting gold so whatever

kagomegirl024

Old 11-09-2007, 06:11 PM

I found this site by accident mainly because i was playing neopets. But, i find this site to be more mature and reading this bit about earning gold has helped me to understand how to go about working things on this site. Thank you. *Hugs*

Michan Starfire
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2007, 01:43 AM

Thank you for the information! I really needed it. ^^;

I really like the avatars on this site. The hairstyles are so pretty! ^^ I'm glad this is a literate community as well.

Moonlightshadows
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-10-2007, 05:02 PM

I'm glad you're having fun Michan! I like this place better than Gaia actually. ^^

Pixilate
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-11-2007, 07:24 AM

I should have looked at this thread before posting in the others. Thanks for the guide. It's very helpful. : )

DarkAngell

Old 11-12-2007, 03:29 AM

Hmm, i'm new here on Menewsha. I'm stil trying to get the hang of things. If you've been here for a while, please feel free to give me any tips. I'm absolutely open.
I've been on gaia before. And have an account. So if u choose to go there- i can try to help you. As I said, I'm very new here. And I'm likely to go on more then likely..... Well, it's very nice here! I'm glad i found this site!

yes- she's absolutely right! Earning your gold is a wonderful way to get your gold. Unlike Gaia- you just post little useless things, and get fifty gold for it! It was pretty cool though there's little worlds you can go and meet up wit people. These tips will deffinetly be useful in the future!
I'm happy I found this site! I'm actually happy with joy! *laughs* Though, I would probably like to join with the literature thing. It seems interesting! Well, that's all, bye bye! *waves*

Last edited by Ferra; 10-26-2009 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: Old double-post

silvainstar
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to silvainstar

Old 11-12-2007, 04:26 AM

This is a lot of help. Thanks.

Queen Kaya
Banned

Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 AM

i think if people want to take the time and post and play games for gold is good rather than starter sets like most sites

im new to menewsha so i dont no much but this topic really helped alot

stelli

Old 11-16-2007, 01:03 AM

thank you for posting this, it's really helpful ^^