Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-29-2013, 04:47 PM

My thoughts exactly! I figure the best chance I have of getting something in the stores eventually involves a whole heaping of critiquing from you, and xuv. You two tend to hit on the things that I can't quite hit upon myself just yet, and make lovely suggestions that take the items to a whole new level. ^.^

All I've done today is work a bit on the male wrap (which is still horribly off in terms of where it sits on the shoulder and how it looks, and the WIP shirt, where I've messed with the bottom hem ruffles a bit to make the less flat, more realistically bunched. Maria has pointed out that I still need to align the collar properly and work on the shading some more, so I still have a ways to go with it before it's finished.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
Aww I am flattered and feel even excited for being said 'sound' like a evil master!!
I always like those crazy master in manga/anime. Those that is both crazy and hot headed. XD

Seriri~ I didn't notice your newest update? O_O where?
I am itching to be evil again~
Lately, no one posted new updates for me to pester...*feels lonely*
Since I'm actually working on stuff for the actual stores and events and stuff...I don't think I'm allowed to post them in here anymore since they are secret items D:

Maybe I'll try actual pixelling now - pixel dolls and stuff - and I can definitely post those in here :D XD The update is about half way through page five of Seri's thread XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
My thoughts exactly! I figure the best chance I have of getting something in the stores eventually involves a whole heaping of critiquing from you, and xuv. You two tend to hit on the things that I can't quite hit upon myself just yet, and make lovely suggestions that take the items to a whole new level. ^.^

All I've done today is work a bit on the male wrap (which is still horribly off in terms of where it sits on the shoulder and how it looks, and the WIP shirt, where I've messed with the bottom hem ruffles a bit to make the less flat, more realistically bunched. Maria has pointed out that I still need to align the collar properly and work on the shading some more, so I still have a ways to go with it before it's finished.
I didn't even notice how the wrap was messed on on the guys item until it was pointed out XDDDD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM

Lol, Mariaria~ I already know you can't show the items before released.

Seriri, take your time~

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-29-2013, 05:01 PM

LOL Okay! I didn't wnat you to think I was neglecting you XDDD

I'll miss your feedback :(

But yeah - I'll try pixel dolls or something - that could be fun and it could help me improve :D

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-29-2013, 05:04 PM

Ooooh, yes, do eet! I'd love to see some of your pixel dolls, Maria.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-29-2013, 05:15 PM

Nah~ I won't. I know how things are done and the whole Secrecy Agreement. *ninja*

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-29-2013, 05:15 PM

I'm never done a doll before XD *scared to try one*

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM

I bet you'd be quite good at making them.
/nods sagely

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-29-2013, 05:23 PM

Focus on Menewsha pixels first~
I can't wait to see what you and Demomo come out with~

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-29-2013, 05:24 PM

Yes! I'm excited to show you what I've worked on!!! *hopes to make mentor Xuvvie proud* :D

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM

Here's the latest, slightly more balanced version of the WIP shirt.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM

It's better but the collar still looked off centered....

Notice my cross: - the down red is currently where it's centered.

And then one more thing - the boobs look lopsided because the one on the viewers right is one pixel further down than the one on the left XD

Hope you don't mind critiques <33333 but you know I <3 your pixels :D

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 PM

You know I love critiques. Will work on fixing ze boobies (and ze collar) in a bit. <3

That aside, here's a new WIP, the Lotta Love Dress, because VDay is on the way and I wanted something festive/holiday themed in my pixel bin. Darker shading and pleats not yet done, lighter shading not yet begun. Just getting this up here for design/idea critiques (and yes, I know I need to round out/adjust the bottom of the dress, I'm working on reshaping it presently). Will ask for in depth critiques when it's closer to being finished.

Last edited by Seridano; 01-29-2013 at 09:00 PM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-02-2013, 10:15 PM

Ze bewbs are no longer crooked! <--awkward sentence is awkward? o.O;
Also re-positioned the collar gem. it feels/looks a bit awkward to me now, but I think it's more or less where it needs to be...maybe? xP And did a bit more work on the shading.

Last edited by Seridano; 02-02-2013 at 10:19 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-03-2013, 03:05 AM

How many things you have check off from my previous comments?

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-03-2013, 03:09 AM

I messed with the shoulder shape and the shading, as per your earlier comments a while back but, lately, Maria has given me so much to consider/ work with that I've been focusing on her comments (the boob placement and collar alignment really were quite an issue). xP I also tried to make the hem at the bottom a bit less flat (not sure if that was mentioned by you or demo -pages back-)

Anywho, I want to thank you all again for all of the lovely critiques. This shirt has come a long way.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM

It is fine that you follow Mariaria. XD
I had bad memory, and don't want to repeat things I had said before, which is why I asked.
I don't want to sound like a repetitive long winded old man. D:

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-03-2013, 03:53 PM

Aww, no worries, dear. I doubt you'll ever come off as a long winded old man (even if you repeat something every now and again). Seri tends to need reminders on occasion and every little bit of critique helps. ^.^

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM

The boobs look better.....the collar is still think is a bit too far to the right....but it's better then it was :D

Now - one thing that I think needs work is the hem line at the bottom. I know, originally, xuvvie mentioned that it was too straight. I'm not sure if you addressed it but it just looks like it's going the wrong way to me...

I feel as though the hem should curve the opposite way....like these: http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/5...ort-Sleeve.jpg Do you see how they slightly dip in the middle and go up on the sides? RIght now your sides go DOWN instead of up.

I added a line going the other way:

Xuvvie could tell you more about heme than me XD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM

...I personally do not think Seriri have touch anything of the hem... at all. XD Since I commented, that is, and I didn't zoom in.

Another reason I didn't comment other than being repetitive long winded, is that I have a flow of working things. Work from important to less important, from big shape to tiny detail. XD So when the flow is mess up, I kind of lost on where the whole process is going. I am unable to keep track other people's flow sequence.

Earlier, I adviced to finish fixing the BIG shape and detail, then only towards the shading, from big picture to tiny detail. You know my flow, Mariaria, base on the few comments I done with you. Imagine if you correct your dithering before getting the fold right... you would have to dither it again.

Seriri, I am actually lost on your progress. Finalize all the things Mariaria had mentioned, and I will start my round of repetitive comments again... (I actually forgot some of your reply to my previous comments. Like the sharp teeth choke neck design...)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Didn't mean to mess up your flow D: But at least we're seeing the same things - I'm just out of order XDDD

So boob shape is fixed and sleeve shape xuvvie mentioned earlier has been fixed.

That leaves, for now, the hem and the collar?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 PM

no matter, people work in different flow and inspired by different portions of things.

Yep, the big issue now would be the hem and collar. And I think the pink corset could use some adjustment too, although that also depend a bit on design.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM

I'm actually more or less content with the collar design (though yes, I suppose a bit more shifting might do it well, though I'm not sure how much further it can go without looking awkward and out of place), and I've had a few people say they enjoy the high ruffles (which I know xuv was not a fan of at all).

Ah, see, I pulled the hem back a tad and made it less even, but after seeing that line, I suppose out and more rounded is the way to go. I suppose Seri just hasn't developed a good eye for pixeling and the general flow of things yet...not surprising given the fact that she rarely looks at clothing IRL and has 0 fashion sense xP. Just one more thing to work on, I guess. ^.^;

I'll get to work on addressing these issues a bit later. Thanks for not giving up on me / for continuing to critique me as I work, you two. I really appreciate it.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 PM

Oh I don't mind the high spikes - it just looks like the middle of the collar is off to the side off the avatar....

As for not knowing - to be honest, I don't really either XD I look up a crap ton of refs to help me and still need someone to point out the mistakes D:

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM

Mmm, I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about the collar itself again, but the dip in the middle is a bit off centered now that I'm looking at it a bit more closely. I'll have to remedy that as well. Bring it over toward the gem and such.

I've got to start checking out references more often (then you guys won't have to point out a dozen and a half failures with each attempt xD)