Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-10-2012, 02:51 AM

Let's get this thing started people.

The grand cruise ship sat regally in its place in port, waiting as its load of people began to board. This was the newest and most luxurious cruise ship to be made. It had every convenience that one could think of. There were world class chefs and famous entertainers. There was a pool and weight room, even a movie theater. The makers had put in anything they could think of to accommodate their passengers and the ship was finally deemed ready for its maiden voyage. Rich had purchased tickets and there had been contests and auctions for other tickets.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-10-2012, 04:52 AM

Sharon “Shayera” Connor stood at the pier looking at the enormous luxury cruise ship that she was to board. Her heart raced as she deliberated whether or not to bolt back home to her room of familiarity. Deciding her family would probably be disappointed with her cowardliness, she tried to get her courage up and board the magnificent ship. She just stood there for a few more moments watching the thousands of people swarm up the gangplanks. Finally, clutching the tickets she won in the poetry contest close to her chest, she began the journey her family members were certain would change her life forever….

Last edited by Superstition; 05-22-2012 at 04:17 PM..

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 PM

Jessica looked out the cab window in awe as it pulled to a stop on the pier before the regal cruise ship. She still couldn't believe that she had one a ticket on the ship. This was the first nice thing to really happen in awhile. She paid the cab driver and grabbed her backpack and two duffel bags. The cab pulled away and she began the trek up the gangplank. She tried to ignore the people saying goodbye to those they loved, tried to ignore the pang of loneliness.

Jason jumped out of the car as it pulled to a stop on the pier. He grabbed his bags and paid the taxi driver, before bounding off toward the cruise ship. He couldn't believe that his parents had bought him a ticket on the cruise ship for his birthday. Course it was also probably their hope that it would convince him to give in and go to college instead of trying to be a pro surfer. But he couldn't do that, the waves were in his blood and that was where he felt alive.

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 AM

Miranda gleefully looked around her cabin room. It was gorgeous. Of course the most important aspect was the bathroom. Peeking in, she saw a bathtub. Nice and large with all that she could want including bubble bath packets. Squealing, she hurried to unchange and enjoy. Being a missionary overseas had been a good experience, but she missed modern amenities such as this.

Jack walked through the ship. It was a large, gorgeous liner with plenty of luxurious sitting places to lounge. He looked at his ticket and double-checked the door he just came to. It was indeed his room. He swung open the door and walked in. Dropping his bag beside his bed, he picked up the care package and folder. Pulling out some gum from the care package, he chewed while flipping through the folder. Movies. Aha! And the theater wasn't far. He grinned and headed out the door. One Avengers movie coming right up.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-11-2012, 01:00 AM

Jessica dropped her bags in her room and looked around in awe. It was an amazing, gorgeously decorated room, like nothing she had ever seen. This was a room WAY beyond that of a Motel 6 or anything else that she was used to. She shook herself out of the trace and decided to go look around, maybe take in a movie. She headed for the movie theaters hoping to catch them playing the Avengers movie.

Jason dropped his bags in his room, opening the window to let in the smell of the sea. He changed into his swim trunks and a tee shirt and took off to explore the ship. He found the drink bar and stopped to get a Dr. Pepper. He moved to the railing to watch the sea slipping by beneath the boat.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-17-2012, 12:43 AM

Shayera walked timidly up to her room and opened the door. Stepping inside, her jaw about dropped to the floor. It was beautiful! There was queen bed, a long plush sofa, a wall desk, and a huge sliding glass door leading out to the private balcony. She was afraid to touch anything, it was so neat and clean. She put her bag down beside the bed and sat down. She pulled out the envelope her mother had given her just before she’d climbed into the taxi. “Don’t open this until you get to your room,” she’d said, kissing Shayera on the cheek. Slowly she read the note inside. ” I know you are scared and that’s ok, but you must find the courage to be brave and have fun. Go out on deck, meet new people. Love, Mom” Sighing, she put the note back. Might as well get this started. She went out to explore the ship, stopping by a drink bar. Not quite getting the nerve to go in and sit down with all of the people inside, she walked through to the railing to watch the ocean.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-17-2012, 07:16 AM

Miranda blissfully sank into the bath and sighed. It was heaven. She lazily relaxed, letting her muscles slowly let her sink into a light nap. The light green and blues of her bathroom gave her a sense of peace.

Jack was walking towards the movie theater when he saw the drink bar. He didn't really want anything, but he did want to drag some people with him. Seeing two lone figures out by the railing enjoying the scene, he changed directions. Walking up between them he said, The name is Jack. Howdy ma'am. Hi kind sir. I don't suppose either of you would like to go see The Avengers." He saw the Dr. Pepper the guy was holding and nodded at it, "I'm sure that you can bring that with you." Turning to the girl he offered, "I can grab you something to drink if you want for the movie."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-17-2012, 03:42 PM

Jason looked up at the guy who had shown up. He looked like a fun and pleasant chap. "Sure," Jason said. Then he turned to the girl. "Come on, it will be fun."

Jessica passed a group by the rail and recognized Jason. He had been her closest friend while she had lived in the Johnson's foster home. He had made it livable until social services had moved her and she hadn't seen Jason since. "Jase? Is that really you buddy?" Jason looked up at the sound of that nickname. "Hey Jessi. What are you doing here?"

Jessica smiled. "I won a ticket." Then she noticed the other two standing there. Sorry guys, didn't mean to interrupt." She turned and started to walk away.

(Jessica and Jason are only really good friends. He is still available girls.)

Last edited by Silver Storm; 05-17-2012 at 03:46 PM..

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM

Shayera turned beet red. She'd never had a guy invite her to anything! She stared wide-eyed at Jack, not knowing what to do. Then another girl, Jessica, showed up and seemed to know the second guy. As she started to walk away, something came over Shayera and she grabbed her arm. "No, you're not interrupting! Please stay!" she asked desperately. She didn't want to be with these two guys all by herself. "We, uh, were about to go see the 'Avengers' movie. Would you like to come?" she looked at the guys, making sure they were ok with her inviting the other girl with them.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-18-2012, 11:05 PM

"Sure," Jessica said. "I was heading to see that movie anyway. Is that okay with you guys?" Jessica noticed that the other girl seemed to be uncomfortable with being alone with the guys. She wanted to tell her that Jason could be trusted but figured that it wouldn't mean much coming from a stranger.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-20-2012, 02:17 AM

Jack grinned, "I'm fine with it. Come on let's head on over there. My name is Jack."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-20-2012, 02:42 AM

"Mines Jessica," she offered. "And that's Jason," she said pointing to the guy.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-20-2012, 02:53 AM

Jack grinned, "Nice to meet you Jessica. Jason." Turning to the last lady, he offered his hand. "And you are?" he asked sensitively in a low voice full of interest and gentleness.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-20-2012, 03:05 AM

Jessica watched Jack's gentleness and sensitivity with the girl and was very impressed. Maybe there are more decent guys besides Jason. Not that a guy like that would ever be interested in me, Jessica thought. She shook herself and vowed to keep her guard up around Jack. Wouldn't do any good to fall in love with him. Jason was the only guy she could let that close and she never felt anything more than friendship for him.

Jason caught Jessica's look while she was watching Jack and could read that she liked him. Then he saw the guard come up, just as he expected. Jessica didn't let people close; it had been a fight to get close to her, but he hadn't given up. He was going to have to watch her and Jack; make sure Jessica didn't get hurt if he could help it.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-22-2012, 09:47 PM

Shayera's face turned from beet red to the red matching her Irish hair. Forgetting his hand, she just stared and whispered, "Shayera." She was unable to say anything else due to her mind fighting with her flight response. How did I get into this?!

maidenroseheart

Old 05-23-2012, 06:35 AM

He nodded and clapped a hand on her shoulder. Turning so that all three were included he suggested, "Let's go see that movie guys!" He felt happy at creating friends so quickly, even if one was so shy that she might bounce off the ship at a mere shadow.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-23-2012, 06:30 PM

Jessica walked with the group thinking about the two that she didn't know. Shayera seems like a sweet but VERY shy girl. She still wasn't sure what to think of Jack, but it was nice to have met up with Jason again.

Jason stopped in the lobby of the movie theater to grab a drink and some popcorn. "Any body else want something?" He asked. "My treat."

maidenroseheart

Old 05-24-2012, 03:29 AM

Jack shrugged and suggested, "How about you get the snacks and I get the drinks?" He didn't like the idea of having another buy everything for them. He enjoyed helping others, not being helped.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-24-2012, 04:17 AM

Shayera shook her head silently. She couldn't have these nice strangers buy her food and drink. Besides, she always got so involved in the story during a movie to remember to eat and drink! She still wasn't sure she wanted to stay with the group. She'd never seen a superhero movie.....

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-24-2012, 02:35 PM

You're on, Jason said with a grin to Jack. He grabbed a package of skittles, remembering that Jessica liked them.

Jessica smiled at the guys. Thanks guys. She looked at Shayera and noticed that she still looked ready to take flight at any moment. Hey, you doing okay Shayera? She whispered softly, making sure the guys didn't hear.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 PM

Jessica's whisper snapped Shayera out of her daze. "I'm just a little unsure. I don't really have friends, and boys never talk to me..." she whispered back, looking down at her feet. "Maybe I should just go back to my room. You all seem to know each other and you would probably have more fun."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 PM

Jessica wrapped a friendly arm around Shayera's shoulders before she could leave. I don't know Jack and Jason and I are just good friends. Please stay, Jason is basically the ONLY friend I have ever had. Jessica couldn't say why she told Shayera that last part, but something about the girl's shyness and vulnerability got past her tough exterior.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-25-2012, 06:01 AM

Jack looked up at the entrance to the theater. The movie listings were there. Each room along a hallway had its own movie and the movie was on repeat. None had started yet since the cruise was just starting. They had ten minutes. "Well, ladies, give us your favorites on drinks and snacks and we will go grab them while you choose seating." He gave Jason a look to see if the plan flew with him.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 02:46 PM

Jason nodded to Jack, the plan worked for him. Jessica thought a moment and then said, "Doubt they have raspberry iced tea, so Dr. Pepper and skittles."

(Looks like everyone else who signed up abandoned us. Oh well.)

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-25-2012, 02:51 PM

Shayera felt so much better with Jessica. She looked up at the guys. "Could I have a bottle of water?" Shayera asked softly. They were so nice and she didn't want to offend them by not wanting anything.