Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-23-2008, 01:23 AM

Caelan only shrugged, "They'lll get over it."

They were now walking in the hall as the maid came up to Aaron and was telling him that the master was calling for him.

He laughed, an stepped in front of Aaron.

"It's fine, Miss Rose. I've already gotten dinner from him. We were about to head back to the kitchen now."

shinigami2
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-23-2008, 01:26 AM

Shinn bowed as she spoke lowering her eyes to the floor " I'm sorry sir, I didn't know."

Shinn's eyes only raised a slight bit so she could see her way back out to the front hall to clean.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-23-2008, 01:29 AM

Aaron looked at her and smiled, clutching at the tray and she extracted it from his hands. "Ah oh... you really don't have to do that it's fine." He smiled and looked at Cae as he moved between the girl and Aaron.

He poked his head around the master to look at both of them. "As he said Miss.. uh Rose. I think we were headed there anyway. But thank you for offering, I don't believe we've actually met. I'm Aaron" He grinned at her and held out a hand.

shinigami2
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-23-2008, 01:31 AM

Shinn smiled and shook his hand "I'm Shinn or rose if you like, it's nice to meet you Aaron...if you you or the master need anything do not hesitate to call."

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 06-23-2008, 01:46 AM

Carson woke up, running a hand through his hair and sitting up. How long? He sighed, standing up. Despite not really cleaning anything other than the floor, he would declare the place clean. He stepped out of the tub, tossing the unused sponge and bottle of cleaner back into his cart. He felt more awake now as he rolled the cart along the hallway.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-23-2008, 01:49 AM

Caelan watched the two for a moment, and nodded when Miss Rose said to call on her if needed.

"Riiight," he said, "Well Aaron here should be calling you Miss Rose, anyway. I'll tell you if I need you, but for now, I will be going out to the garden. So if anyone is looking for me, please point them in that direction."

Not that anyone would be looking for him. Everyone knew that Caelan kept to himself, so there was no reason for anyone to go out of their way to see him.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-23-2008, 01:54 AM

Aaron smiled a little and looked at the master of the house. "Oh yeah sorry Im used to introducing my first name..." He sighed and nodded at her. "If I need anything I'll ask, same to you, I'm always willing to help."

He took a few steps forward in the direction of the kitchen, and grinned. "So mister master, what would you prefer I call YOU."

shinigami2
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-23-2008, 02:11 PM

Shinn smiled brightly then nodded to go tend to the garden in the back making sure she could hear the master and Aaron if they should need her.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 AM

"Hn?" Caelan asked, a little bewildered by the question. Not many people ever asked him a question like that, and most people here usually called him a mixture or 'master', 'young master', 'master Caelan', or 'master d'Aseul'. But, he really didn't like it when people were so formal. He knew he would probably regret it later if Aaron got a scolding for it, but he found himself answering without much thought to it.

"You can call me Cae. Cae is fine."

No one had called him that in many, many years, and he kind of missed people calling him by his old nickname.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-24-2008, 02:14 AM

Aaron smiled a little and nodded. "Ok Cae it is." He moved towards the kitchen, descending the stairs to the next level and following the hallways until he reached his destination. Popping his head in the door he smelled the familiar mixture of almost everything and noted that the bustle had slowed a little. 'As it should have by now' he thought and glanced over his shoulder to make sure the other man was still behind him.

Junnith
Lurking Artist
Send a message via AIM to Junnith Send a message via MSN to Junnith Send a message via Yahoo to Junnith

Old 06-24-2008, 04:04 AM

Tenvoid's arms were folded behind his back as he kept his head held high. He let out a heavy sigh, but his expression refused to change in the slightest. If he was agitated, he certainly hid it well from the rest of the staff. Having been in the family's employ for a number of years, now, he was rather used to the young master running off without informing anyone ahead of time of his intentions. Tenvoid didn't mind overly much since he, too, preferred keeping to himself. He only wished the young master would inform him of his personal decisions once in a while so Tenvoid wouldn't be left searching for the troublemaker.

With his broad shoulders rolled back, his crimson braid draped over his shoulder, Tenvoid certainly was a sight. He had heard comments from people of both genders, human and vampire alike, that found him mysterious and attractive. Not that he really cared to know such things. Very few people mattered in his life, at the moment, and one of them had obviously left his quarters without warning Tenvoid first.

As usual. Better have a look around, then. I can only hope he hasn't teased any of the new staff members too harshly for their first day... Tenvoid parted his hands, leaving one balled into a fist against his lower back while the other spread his long fingers across his forehead, sliding the tips over to rub his temple casually, as if relieving an unseen tension.

shinigami2
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-24-2008, 10:43 AM

Shinn looked over from her work to see a young man on the other side of the room. She smiled politly then walked by unsure if the man wanted any company or not she supposed she would if he asked.

She moved the blonde hair that had fallen into her eyes out of the way. Then headed to finish tending to the dusting of the front hall.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-24-2008, 09:36 PM

Caelan followed Aaron the rest of the way down the stairs to the lower level of the estate, footsteps echoing along the hall.

There weren't many staff about at the moment, it was already dark out, and he guessed that most of the human staff were probably eating or have eated already by now. He wondered if Aaron hadn't eaten with him, if the human would be eating with the other staff right now, or alone.

He stopped at the kitchen door and watched Aaron as he walked in, waiting a moment to follow the other man into the room.

Caelan almost never ventured into the kitchen, and each visit always surprised the human staff within. It amused Caelan even more.

At that point, Aaron had glanced back, and he lifted his hand slightly, a smirk appearing at his face, "Like looking at me?"

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-24-2008, 09:41 PM

"Just making sure you didn't get lost in your own house." He replied and laughed shrugged. There were some stares or surprise around him that he failed to notice for a long moment. It was strange enough to have the young master pay a visit, but to have the new head cook talking so casually with him was quite another.

"Aaron." A woman hissed and grabbed his arm. "What are you doing?" He turned and looked at her with a surprised expression.

"I'm actually just bringing the dishes back..." He started but she cut him off.

"What is HE doing here."

"Whatever he wants." Aaron replied with a hint of annoyance and tugged his arm away to set the tray next to the sink.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-24-2008, 09:46 PM

Caelan laughed at Aaron's statemant, just as he was pulled aside by a woman. Another person that worked in the kitchen. Caelan didn't know names, he never talked to pretty much any of the staff as it was.

He raised his eyebrow slightly. He wondered if the woman was trying to talk low enough that he couldn't hear, but of course, he heard every word she said.

'Whatever he wants,' had been Aaron's answer. The smirk reappeared at his face and he stepped into the kitchen, looking to see if there was anyone cooking already. Maybe he could see what they were making and decide if that was what he wanted.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 PM

Aaron finished sorting out the plates and throwing away the food scraps. It was supposedly the dishwasher's job, but he always felt a little bad leaving it too messy.

Turning to Cae he smiled. "Everyone's probably done, except for a few extra things that have to be left out for their purposes. I think there are some uncooked steaks in the fridge though, I could flash sear one in butter and seasoning. Wouldn't take too long. Otherwise..." He looked thoughtful for a moment. "It depends on what you feel like."

He became acutely aware that the space around the master and him was slowly growing as a large portion of all but the oldest employees surreptitiously moved in the other direction. With a half sigh he realized that the rumors were probably hard to get over. Not that they even had any reason to do so yet. They probably expected Cae to burst out and kill one of then any second, or something strange of the sort.

Junnith
Lurking Artist
Send a message via AIM to Junnith Send a message via MSN to Junnith Send a message via Yahoo to Junnith

Old 06-25-2008, 04:49 AM

Tenvoid hardly noticed the blonde maid scurrying past him. The majority of the staff didn't really catch his attention unless he was specifically being addressed. Normally, if approached by the rest of the staff, it was to answer questions. With so many new employees running about, there was a lot to learn about the order of things here in the castle and Tenvoid seemed to be the man to answer to, next to the Young Master.

As the sun was visibly setting outside, Tenvoid's sensitive ears twitched at curious chatter coming from the kitchen, as if something had startled or possibly just surprised the staff members. Tenvoid's curiosity couldn't be helped. A small twitch in his cheek indicated his suspicion as to who or what the hustle and bustle was caused by. Naturally, he turned on his heels and headed in the direction of the kitchen, his expression, as always, unchanged.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 PM

Caelan mostly ignored the servants in the kitchen. Some of them had already left, and more of them were moving away already. He rolled his eyes a bit, then looked back to Aaron.

"That will be fine," he replied when the steak was mentioned. That would be nice. He could probably eat it in the garden when they were done here anyway.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 PM

Aaron nodded and headed for the one of two fridges that held the meat in question. Going through the small stack, he examined the steaks to find the best cut and a good size before pulling his plastic wrapped find out. He grabbed a clean frying pan from the drying rack next to the sink, turned on the burner on the stove and threw a sizable chunk of butter into the pan followed by a spice mix he had made the day before for a similar occasion. As he let the butter melt, swirling it gently with one hand, he pulled a plate from the cupboard above his head and put on the counter. After the pan had heated the way he wanted, he added the meat and flipped it a few times to cook the outer layer before half flipping, half dragging it onto the white china plate.

Setting the dish to the side he cleaned up as fast as he could, and spoke while doing so. "Is there anything else you want? Just meat seems plain to me."

Junnith
Lurking Artist

Old 06-26-2008, 12:59 AM

Withdrawing his arms from behind his back, he now crossed them across his chest. Unfolding them only to flick the rim of his hat upward, he returned his arms across his torso and leaned his tall frame in the doorway of the kitchen. Though he spoke not a word when he approached, he knew his presence was known by the staff, at least. It was hard not to notice when Tenvoid showed up. He exhaled slowly, his eyes glancing between one of the newer servants and the Young Master. He wasn't sure how they quickly became acquainted, but he didn't mind much as long as Master Caelan was happy. After all, he was free to do as he pleased, being the estate's caretaker.

Tenvoid still liked to be informed of the Young Master's decisions, however, when they were made...

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-27-2008, 01:42 AM

Caelan watched as Aaron cooked, not saying a word. It didn't take long to lightly sear a steak anyway, but he didn't want to eat a steak that was frozen in the middle.

The plate was then set aside, and Aaron finally spoke.

The vampire shook his head, looking for a knife and a fork, but he never came to the kitchen, so he didn't really know the kitchen well.

"Silverware would be nice," he finally said after searching a bit.

At that point, Caelan felt that someone else had walked into the room. He didn't even need to turn around and look to see who it was who had entered the room. He knew that presence.

"Are you going to sulk in the kitchen doorway all evening?" he asked, not turning around.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-27-2008, 01:47 AM

Aaron looked up and blinked, then started smiling. "Oh right! Sorry." He turned and took a few steps to another drawer, yanking it open and pulling out a sharper steak knife and a fork.

He heard Caelan speak and looked up at the doorway. 'A friend of his?' he thought but stayed silent to watch what happened next as he returned to Caelan with the silverware and the plate.

Junnith
Lurking Artist

Old 06-27-2008, 03:00 AM

"Just doing what I do best, Master Caelan. Keeping an eye on you..." His crimson gaze focused solely on the Young Master before glancing about and taking a few steps through the doorway. He unfolded his arms and quickly dug his hands into his pant pockets. "And I don't sulk, I brood, if you must." Again, Tenvoid's expression was unchanged, but the glisten in his eyes could show the slightest hint of playfulness in his words, as if meaning them to be upbeat.

His features were very defined, very smooth. Tenvoid obviously took the best of care of himself and his belongings. Namely, his wardrobe. Having few articles of clothing, he was careful with each piece, which would seem rather obvious to anyone that viewed him. Tenvoid took special note in the young servant lad taking care of Caelan's food, himself. Interesting... Tenvoid licked the tips of his fangs and offered a small nod to the gent once their eyes crossed paths. Immediately after, his attention returned to Caelan, as always. "I take it you will not be dining in your study tonight, Master Caelan?"

The young master always insisted Tenvoid call him something less formal and fancy, but Tenvoid, being such a gentleman always refused. He would never wish to disrespect the one he served so loyally.