Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSen191 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that Kirin. I get it though... my life hasn't been the same since my Dad died in 2020, I feel like I am just waking up after a long sleep. (I kinda shut down and got really depressed and am just starting to come out of that depression.)
In 2018 we lost both my dad and uncle to cancer. My cousin was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. 2019 was alright got to go on an awesome trip with the local senior center. 2020 brought the pandemic, which I had to work through. 2021 was more pandemic related stress and then last year we lost my cousin to cancer. Though she made much longer then she was told she would. When she was diagnosed she was given six months. Though I think a lot of it came down to she was willing to try anything.

---------- Post added 01-17-2023 at 01:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Will check it out thanks <3

Hey Chicky! Yes indeed. This place is like a time capsule though lol

Aww sorry to hear Kirin, that really sucks :(
I can't really say that my life sucks balls. But i feel like it hasn't made a hell of a lot of progress. Its like 2 steps forward, but 3 Back. Its how it feels anyway.

Sorry to hear about your Dad Hun. <33
I am happy to hear that you are coming out of your depression though. Sometimes it takes everything we have to lift ourselves out. I am kinda in a funk myself at the moment. And i think about all the ways i can lift myself up. But i am just so damn tired, the no energy overtakes me.
My wish is to not have to work, but have enough money to obviously live. So i can take care of my declining health.
I wish I could say mine hasn't sucked. But so far 2023 hasn't been horrible.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 10:33 PM

I am so sorry to hear Kirin :(
Especially your cousin who obviously wanted to just live!
Doesn't cancer just suck balls! My Nephew has just been diagnosed with it. In his testicles & Back. He's having chemo at the moment, He's only 21.

Yeah i can't say my 2023 is too bad. But i know it's going to get better! Its my year! :) :P

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-18-2023, 05:55 AM

I am hoping, against all hope, that I can get my debts paid of by the end of the year.

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 01-18-2023, 08:23 AM

I'm sorry to see everyone is having a hard time! Thinking positive vibes for you all!

Getting older is laaaame... So much crappy things happen 24/7, ugh!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-18-2023, 08:48 AM

We speak about getting older. Its funny to me, we were always older by Avatar forum sites user wise. And now we've come back after a long time gone and we are even older still.

I'm sorry to hear about all the losses though. It seems these past few years have not been kind to a lot of people.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-18-2023, 02:30 PM

The year I turned forty went to get my eyes checked and was told oh hey you need bifocals.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-19-2023, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
I am hoping, against all hope, that I can get my debts paid of by the end of the year.
Ohh me too! Its suppose to be the year of the chariot, so my year hopefully?? Lol
I am going to put a definite pin in. YES IT'S MY YEAR! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivvy View Post
I'm sorry to see everyone is having a hard time! Thinking positive vibes for you all!

Getting older is laaaame... So much crappy things happen 24/7, ugh!
I really think that if we all won 1st division lotto a lot of our issues won't be issues LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
We speak about getting older. Its funny to me, we were always older by Avatar forum sites user wise. And now we've come back after a long time gone and we are even older still.

I'm sorry to hear about all the losses though. It seems these past few years have not been kind to a lot of people.
Yup just old hahahaha

Quote:
The year I turned forty went to get my eyes checked and was told oh hey you need bifocals.
I'll probably be heading in the same direction soon lol.
I had to go offline just now for half n hour cos my eyes had gone blurry.
But prob down to my diabetes/cataracts. Got a checkup next month thankfully.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-20-2023, 03:50 AM

I sadly just have a bad habit of buying shit... but I am trying hard not to do that. Curse the dopamine hit that I get both when I buy and when it comes in.

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-20-2023, 05:27 PM

I have diabetic retinopathy and macular something.... so my eyes hurt a lot. I have bifocals too. I wish I could buy more stuff... my budget dosen't allow much extra spending since we moved.(Rent is over 1,000) but the bathroom is awesome for me, grab bars and everything. Plus all new appliances and we have a washer and dryer in unit, and it works wonders. Our old apt we had a community washer and dryer and you were lucky if your clothes got clean and dry.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-21-2023, 08:30 PM

Sounds like a good move then.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-21-2023, 10:14 PM

That sounds like it would be a pain for enjoying the computer.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-21-2023, 10:19 PM

Neph have I mentioned I enjoy your avatar.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-23-2023, 04:06 AM

Quote:
I sadly just have a bad habit of buying shit... but I am trying hard not to do that. Curse the dopamine hit that I get both when I buy and when it comes in.
LMAO i know what you mean. I always marvel at people who can just save and save and have all this willpower. I just am not that person lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSen191 View Post
I have diabetic retinopathy and macular something.... so my eyes hurt a lot. I have bifocals too. I wish I could buy more stuff... my budget dosen't allow much extra spending since we moved.(Rent is over 1,000) but the bathroom is awesome for me, grab bars and everything. Plus all new appliances and we have a washer and dryer in unit, and it works wonders. Our old apt we had a community washer and dryer and you were lucky if your clothes got clean and dry.

I have diabetic retinopathy also.
Where are you USA??
Ahh well that sounds awesome, congrats on a cool house :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
That sounds like it would be a pain for enjoying the computer.
Yeah not cool.
Yeah love that avi Neph :)

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-23-2023, 05:02 AM

I am ADHD and lack dopamine so I must follow it where it leads.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-23-2023, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Neph have I mentioned I enjoy your avatar.
Hmm, Nope. But thank you. It's not finished in my eyes until I get the spider items I don't have yet.

And thanks to Roachi too.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-24-2023, 12:40 AM

Quote:
I am ADHD and lack dopamine so I must follow it where it leads.
Ohh i see. What does lack of dopamine mean?

Quote:
Hmm, Nope. But thank you. It's not finished in my eyes until I get the spider items I don't have yet.

What spider items you missing hun?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-24-2023, 01:18 AM

The ones Cora pixeled in I think 2019.

~Spider Body Suit (F & M)~
~Spider Leg Harness (F & M)~

Is what they're called.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-24-2023, 02:16 AM

Ohh yes sorry i only have 1 set of those. I was wondering what they were from. Just sitting in my main draw.
I accidentally gave away my only camping adventures too. Didn't realize it was a scarce item. As i don't have copies in my mules either.
Been a long time... :(

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-24-2023, 04:25 AM

Oh well.

Carn hasn't reopened my quest thread yet so I might not bother and just keep this avatar for the rest of my Mene days. I honestly can't see them adding stuff to make them multi anyway.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-26-2023, 05:32 AM

Quote:

ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Ohh i see. What does lack of dopamine mean?

What spider items you missing hun?
Means my body doesn't produce enough of it naturally so I have to find things to do that give me a boost.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2023, 07:34 AM

*pokes the thread* Don't forget... Before I was an AA... I was a notorious thread killer *runs away*