Tension
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 PM

Anyone like Panic! At The Disco?

I love them. :[ I have for a couple years now. I kinda like their older songs a bit better though. And I have no clue what they were doing with that "Nine In The Afternoon" song. Buttt, their other songs are still great as hell, and I've become hooked again.

It's sad though, because I remember listening to PATD while i was going to hockey practice for this one team, and now everytime I listen to these songs, I think about that team. :[

L o g a n
hay

Old 07-22-2008, 11:08 PM

OMG I BOUGHT THE NEW CD WITHOUT LISTENING TO IT FIRST. Thinking it was going to be great...

I hate it. DX

I do like She's a Pretty Handsome Woman and Behind the Sea though.

But I mostly stick to their old CD. :]

Tension
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-23-2008, 06:29 PM

Yeahhh lol. I don't really like the new CD either..

Old shit is great though.

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 07-26-2008, 11:34 PM

While there's not a topic for PATD, so this isn't technically a duplicate, there is already a topic about Pretty. Odd. so this is running really close to becoming a dupe.

Tension
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-30-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinmotsu View Post
While there's not a topic for PATD, so this isn't technically a duplicate, there is already a topic about Pretty. Odd. so this is running really close to becoming a dupe.
Thank you for pointing out that the thread is almost a dupe, i apologize.

However, I searched four pages for Panic At The Disco, to make sure that I wasn't in fact making a duplicate thread. Being as that no searches turned up to be okie dokie, I thought hey, go ahead and make one.

Also, I do not like Pretty Odd. That CD sucks, the more I listen to it. I'm talking about Panic At The Disco as a whole, and not their newest CD. If I were to go into the thread named Pretty Odd and started talking about songs that are not on that CD, then I would be off topic, and that would be bad as well. And if I went into the thread saying LOLZ this CD sucks, I'd be flaming.

This seems like the safest bet to me. o_O

But once again, my deepest apologies, and I'm glad you like Panic At The Disco too!

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 07-31-2008, 12:16 AM

No need for apologies, it was simply a heads-up that if this evolved into a Pretty. Odd. discussion, it would then be a duplicate. I was making no judgement about the topic itself, as there is absolutely no problem with it whatsoever. :)

LoversEnd
It is only until you see the sun...

Old 07-31-2008, 05:46 AM

I stick to the first cd. I have a copy of it and listen to it 24/7. It's catchy. 'Cept, I don't like the track Intermission, it has no point and it's kinda creepy. It makes me freak out at night with the creepy old piano thing if I am by myself and then I end up having to turn it. -.-;

MissxScarlett
Send a message via MSN to MissxScarlett Send a message via Yahoo to MissxScarlett

Old 08-03-2008, 04:35 PM

PPPPPPPAAAAAAAANNNNNNNIIIIIIICCCCCCCC <33333333333.

Gah. I love you for making this thread. Seriously ._.

Like most of you guys I prefer their first CD to their second, but at the same time, I can see how much they've grown and there are a hell of a lot of catchy songs on Pretty. Odd. Plus, after watching a few live performances on MTV, I think that this style of song has made it easier for them to perform live, and they just look so much more... comfortable with this.

Ooh, has anybody actually seen them live (unlike me who just sits in front of the TV and wishes that I was there xD)?

Stormy1
Not as on as much but still arou...
Send a message via AIM to Stormy1 Send a message via MSN to Stormy1 Send a message via Yahoo to Stormy1

Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 AM

I love Panic, though I'm sad that they got rid of the exclamation point (even though technically it wasn't part of their name to begin with.)

The first CD was great, I love it. Their Second one I didn't like at first, but it grew on me and I've grown quiet fond of it.

Panic defiantly gets me up and dancing all the time.

thoughtlessamaya
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to thoughtlessamaya

Old 08-04-2008, 03:21 PM

I still prefer their first CD over anything.
But Nine in the Afternoon is a very catchy song, and I like it.
Their new CD isn't horrible, but its not as good as I was hoping it was going to be.

Elphiero
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-05-2008, 10:46 PM

love their old CD and nine in the afternoon

anything other than that isn't great tho so... yeah...

I LOVE "lying is the most fun...."

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 08-05-2008, 11:08 PM

I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out, but I'm nitpicky so... Well, when they came out with their new album they stopped being called Panic! At the Disco and now are simply Panic At the Disco...

Anyway, yeah, I love Panic!/Panic no matter what, but their newer album was kinda a downer. I like the songs now, but when I first heard them I was all wtf???

`Y U K I
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-06-2008, 08:22 PM

Love em ;D

Sagitar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-06-2008, 08:27 PM

to me, it sounds pretty much the same as the rest of the popular boy bands.. though some songs are good, but it's not very unique although they are trying..

` B u t t e r
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2008, 12:04 AM

I haven't really heard any of their new songs except 'Nine in the Afternoon' and I like it, it's upbeat and happy, like something you'd listen to with friends in a park or somewhere like that.

I'm listening to the new songs right now, and so far, I have to say I like the darkness of the first album a bit better.

I wouldn't buy the second cd, but if I was able to get it cheap or for free I wouldn't turn it down.

x D

Most of the older songs stick in my head longer, but the new cd isn't horrible.

Otaku
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 04:43 PM

I LOVE them I'm sticking to them all the way cause I LOVE both CDs! >:-0

wish

Old 08-10-2008, 08:46 AM

they sound the same to everyone else to me. >___>;

Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-29-2008, 05:23 AM

... I really like Pretty.Odd xD I am the only one? Pfft. What evs. I'm okay with it xD

I've seen them twice live and am hoping to see them for a third time in October, but I'm not sure if that's going to go through (I don't have tickets, I'm trying to use some contacts to get me in though, as they're playing somewhere where I work)

The first one I went to, for A Fever You Can't Sweat Out... Oh, man. The show was fanfuckingtastic. Even my mom, who was sitting up in the seats while I was on the floor with a friend, thought it was great.

The concert for Pretty.Odd was a little more mellow, less dramatic, as to go with the mood of the album, but it was no less good.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 AM

Its strange, I actually prefer Pretty.Odd to the older album...not saying the older one was bad, but it just didn't leave that great an impression on me. Guess my taste in music is just different.

Tragically Addicted
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-31-2008, 04:13 AM

I like both albums. They grew musically and that's great, but the sound is kinda different to me know...I can't say I don't like it cause I do, but it's a little different.

Xanny_Kaulitz
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Xanny_Kaulitz

Old 09-11-2008, 11:50 AM

OMGZ a Panic thread!
I saw the boys in concert back in May.
It was such an energetic show, and everyone was having a great time.
My little brother want's to be just like Brendon when he grows up, it's so cute.

Maeru
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-16-2008, 09:07 PM

I absolutely love panic, i've been a fan for years now. I was wicked pumped when their new album came out, "Pretty Odd." I dont know how many people have listened to it, but its really good. Its a much different style than they're first album, by lots, but that's kind of what i like about it. It showed how they could pull off two totally different styles and kick major a** (im guessing we cant swear). Their vocals are wicked sweet, and i love how they have a country style song in there tweaked with their own style! Seriously, this album is awesome. My favorite song is "When the Day Met the Night"
Lyrics (quite different from they're previous works):

Quote:
when the moon fell in love with the sun
all was golden in the sky
all was golden when the day met the night
when the sun found the moon
she was drinking tea in a garden
under the green umbrella trees
in the middle of summer
when the moon found the sun
he looked like he was barely hanging on
in the middle of the summer
in the middle of summer
summer
summer, summer, summer, summer
so he said, "Would it be all right
if we just say and talked for a little while
if in exchange for your time
i give you this smile?"
so she said, "That's okay
as long as you can make a promise
not to break my little heart
or leave me all alone in the summer."
well he was just hanging around
then he fell in love
and he didn't know how
but he couldn't get out
just hanging around
then he fell in love
in the middle of summer
summer
summer, summer, summer, summer
when the moon fell in love with the sun
(goes on the repeat summer lots here)
so you can get the idea from this that the lyrics style has changed dramatically, but I honestly like them. I love both albums by panic.
anyone else? how do you fell about the style change panic's gone under?
do you like a capello?

anyone? any input on panic?

Last edited by Knerd; 09-16-2008 at 11:34 PM..

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-16-2008, 11:40 PM

Maeru, I've merged your thread with this original Panic! topic in the Music subforum.

Whenever you want to create a new topic, please be sure that you're posting it in the right place. Then take a quick look through the forum catalogue and double-check whether a thread has already been created for it. :yes:

Xanny_Kaulitz
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Xanny_Kaulitz

Old 09-17-2008, 11:56 AM

My little brother's favourite Panic song is "She had the world".
I think that's adorable.
^w^

-o-layora-o-
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2008, 11:28 PM

: yesh, I likes them :3 very neat and unusual style, if you like them, try and find the artist kiss kiss, they're pretty similar :3 :