The_Ambassador
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-10-2010, 02:30 PM

I was wondering what the writing process is like for some of the writers on here. Me I just get an idea and start writing only to get stuck a few pages in cause I don't know where I'm going. So I put the story away for awhile and come back to it later in the future. This isn't working however and I keep getting some good ideas and concepts so I need to chance how I write I think.

So what is it like for you? How do you get ideas? What do you do once you have an idea? Any pre-writing tips?

IadulDraculai
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-10-2010, 09:53 PM

I like to draw or sketch my characters out, think about individual personalities and taste and how they would react in different situations.
If they have weapons I like to design their weapons, and a legit reason for carrying them. This makes characters seem less wooden and flat like they come from Twilight.

I try to think about where I want to take the story when I begin writing, about major climactic events in the plotline, and ultimately the ending.
A literature buddy of mine recommended drawing a map out on paper of the plot line. I finally broke down and did it last night and it's helped a ton!

I've had a lot of people recommend you write the ending first, then start with the beginning, but I have a small problem with this, becuase my writing evolves so much.

White Squirrel Girl
The Spazatic little cookie

Old 07-12-2010, 11:23 PM

I use what I call the tree meathod. You start with a basic idea of what your going to do, then branch out with some details, then details on the details etc. until you get the story. I end up with multipal books worth of writing.

PrinceLeopard
The lion king ain't got nothin' ...

Old 07-16-2010, 08:48 AM

I always think of an beginign and then an ending...and I improvise what's in the middle ^^"

I also have a special little notebook that;s filled with scribbles and sketches involving my characters.