YamiSora
~

Old 03-02-2010, 05:39 AM

I wrote this for my Psychology class.
It was an assignment that we had to get some kind of internet video, comic, etc and put it with what we learned in class and this was the result.....hehehheheh
I never had to type nuts so many times in my life before LMAO! XDD
anyways, I was so happy with it I had to share it!
Think it'll get an A? 8DD

Comic 17 © AnsemRetort.org

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Application Paragraph
The picture I have on this paper is from a website called Ansem Retort. It is supposed to make fun of the characters from the Kingdom hearts games. In this particular comic, we have Sora and Riku. Riku is the one who is cut in half and Sora is the one who kicks Riku in the nuts to see if he can feel anything even though Riku is cut in half. Obviously, this is not real but it does show some applications from Psychology. In their own way their doing their own observation and experiment and because of that, it falls under observational learning and the 4 factors (Belden 2010).

The first is attention which focus's on other's behaviors and Sora has to focus on Riku's behavior to see if his nuts would hurt after Sora kicked them. The second is retention which is supposed to retain other's behaviors in our memory, but the problem with this, is that Sora has memory loss, so Sora kicks Riku in the nuts again because he forgot what Riku felt the first time he did that. The third is production process and that's the ability to act on our memories and again, Sora has memory loss, so he really couldn't control his abilities because he forgot how they would affect Riku. The last is motivation and that's the usefulness of the experiment. I guess Riku will be the only one who will remember that if he gets cut in half, it will still hurt if he gets kicked in the nuts. We also learn that this isn't an unconditioned stimulus because it did hurt Riku the first time he got kicked in the nuts, which evokes a conditioned response (Belden 2010).

Quote:

Ryokushin
Ryokushin Ikari Yuroshima
Send a message via AIM to Ryokushin Send a message via MSN to Ryokushin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokushin

Old 03-02-2010, 09:33 PM

Well whatever your grade is depends on what year in school you are. For instance, contractions usually count as point deductions (if it is supposed to be a formal paper). Another issue might be the way you introduced the comic. "This is not real but it does show applications from psychology." This is a boring sentence, I think you could spruce it up, for instance, by rearranging it as such; "This comic applies four factors explained by Belden (2010), these factors are: Attention, retention, production process and motivation."

Overall you did a good job implementing the techniques into your paper, and you explained thoroughly. Personally, I think that in this the best comparable instance in psychology would be the phantom limb [which can be argued, and possibly would be] and retrograde amnesia. Riku, obviously, would have phantom limb while Sora has retrograde amnesia.

But, I think you did a good job with what you had.

YamiSora
~

Old 08-05-2010, 04:39 AM

ha ha thankies, Sora appreciates the overview ^^

McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 08-09-2010, 10:06 PM

That was clever and halarious. :XD It must have been graded by now. So, what was your grade? :D