Lady.of.Destruction

Old 07-11-2010, 07:02 AM

Sorry if the beginning might be a little dark for you
-P.S I'm bad at writing things gory things so I kept it to a minimum- so here's a warning just in case the scene might be disturbing to you. This is something I made for fun, but I would like to see what others think of it before continuing to write it, Comment me your opinion. Or if you would like for me to do a Character Description or Background, tell me.

My mother put a finger to her mouth, gesturing for me to be quiet."Shush." she said
and smiled grimly while looking at me through her hollowed eyes. She looked scary.
She looked possessed.
"Evil can never be destroyed.....and sooner or later we will come for you." her voice sounded dark and threatening.
..and those were the last words that escaped my mother's lips before in one swift movement she slit her throat, killing herself.
Her blood poured down to her lavender blouse like a waterfall.
I was the one who witnessed her suicide. I didn't scream. I didn't cry.
I just stood there stunned, standing by the door entrance not knowing what to do in that frozen moment while her lifeless body fell to the attic floor.
The blood was seeping everywhere.
It took me a few minutes to register exactly what happened.
I couldn't believe what had happened.
"...and sooner or later we will come for you."
my mother's dark voice echoed in my mind.
The I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.
I was too shocked to realized that there was also someone else in the room.
But I didn't have any time to react because after that, I blacked out.
~

It's been a year since that incident.
When I had woken up I was at a hospital and two police officers were waiting outside to hear my testimony.
I told them what happened.
I told them what she said,
How she looked like she was possessed...and what she did to herself.
But they glanced at each other oddly when I told them that as if they didn't know how to react to what I had said, and said nothing at all.

The creepy thing was,
I never found out who the person who touch my shoulder before I blacked out was.
According to the police,
there was no one else in the house at the time.

When the police found out that I didn't have a father, I thought I was going to be taken to a foster home.
But no, I was wrong.
They took me to a freaking Mental Institution.
and that's how I got here.
Trapped in a smallish White room for the past 365 days with just me and my thoughts.
The nightmares were getting worse each day. Sometimes it would be of my mother, Most of the time it wasn't.
Those were the dreams I hated most of all. Because those were gruesome
...So gory and disgusting that I shuddered just thinking about it.
I felt like a soul less person since what happened, it was like there was a void somewhere inside of me that would never be filled.
Never once did I cry. Not once.
Not even with the fact that my mother was no longer alive.
I felt like a zombie. Like I was physically here, but mentally..I wasn't.
The doctors had me on medication so I guess this is why I felt that way.
About once a month or so a police officer would come to question me and see if I would change my story, but I didn't.
I never did.

"Kiera, You have a visitor."
Doctor Lawrence called to me from the front door of my room.
I glanced up from looking out of the barred window to face Dr. Lawrence.
Not bothering to reply to him.
There was a guy standing next to him.
He had dark brown hair that closely seemed to be on the edge of being black and his green eyes were boring into me,
as if he were analyzing and dissecting my every single detail.
I looked down at the floor trying to ignore his gaze.

"This is Alexander Everings, He's a police officer that's come to question you."
I looked once again back at the guy, He couldn't be a police officer. He was too young and wasn't even wearing a uniform.
The guy looked to be no more older than Nineteen, maybe Twenty and was wearing loose jeans and a black T-shirt

... What the hell? was the first thought that entered my mind.
He must've noticed my expression because he gave me an all too knowing conspiratorial grin.
I frowned, but didn't say anything. I never do
"She hardly ever talks, I doubt you'll get something out of her. Are you sure you want to question her?"
Dr. Lawrence said the to guy.
"Yes, I would like to speak to her."
Alexander told him, giving Dr. Lawrence an look that said not to ask anything else, and in that moment the Doctor Lawrence himself seemed to be in a daze for a second or two.

The doctor then abruptly left the room, closing the door behind him.
For awhile he stood there, leaning against the door.
That is until I got annoyed and impatient of him just standing there.
"You're not a policeman." my tone made it clear that it was a statement.
He walked away from the door, grinning the conspiratorial grin once again.
"So you do talk?" he said with a chuckle, then continued
".....and you're right. I'm not a cop."

Lady.of.Destruction

Old 07-12-2010, 07:04 PM

He waited to see my reaction for a moment, while I raised an eyebrow while looking at him.

What? did he expect me to say something?

I was sitting down at the chair near the only window in my room- Which was barred of course, Because apparently

"I'm dangerous to myself and others"

I said in a voice that mimicked Dr. Lawrence's in my mind. I scoffed at his remark, if I was really that dangerous I would've attacked him by now;Though there were many times I've been tempted too.

"Ahem." a voice interrupted me from my thoughts.

I looked up at the source, Oh yeah, I almost forgot about him. I stood up from my chair putting my hands on my hips,

matching the stare he was giving me. Narrowing my eyes at him "What do you want then." I said with a voice that was laced with venom.

That was the good thing about being labeled dangerous, people were slightly intimidated by you, even if they didn't say it.

Heck, even the Police Officers looked disgusted whenever they saw me and that was because they thought I was the one who killed my mother.

If there was enough evidence to support their suspicions, I'm sure I would've been in jail by now.

The only place to could detain me at was here at the Linex Facility.

The only problem was, that this guy didn't even seemed fazed by me.

" Hmmm..What do I want? Well there are many, and many things." he said while looking at me with a weird expression,

was that bitterness?...towards me?

"But right now I need you to leave this place. Come." he ordered nonchalantly while gesturing me to take his hand.

My eyes widened, did he say what I think he said? Was this a trick?

I stood my ground.

"No." I said through my gritted teeth.

" We don't have much time,so come on!" he yelled and grabbed me by the arm,starting to dragged me.

"No." I repeated and pushed myself away from him.

" and why not!" he exclaimed while not even bothering to hide his annoyance.

He was now glaring down at me.

Jesus, This guy got mad way too easily.

The only thing was...was that I couldn't help but shake off that feeling of dread, that I felt in the back of my mind.

The same feeling I had when I remembered my mother's last words or had those dreams that wouldn't let me forget them.

You see..as much as I hated it here, this place seemed

...safe.

Those barred windows that I hated and made me feel imprisoned, also made me feel like it was keeping the outside world out.

I felt like I needed that.

But was I going to tell this guy that? The answer was no.

"Are you authorized to do this? I think not, you're not a police officer- you said so yourself. What are you like eighteen or something? You're not even that much older than me. Plus, Dr. Lawrence only mentioned you wanted to question me. Nothing else. Mr fake policeman."I said with a sneer. "Or should I just scream,something the Doctors will be bound to hear." I finished, with a triumphant smile.

Sure I was rambling on and on, but I had successfully averted his question.

" First of all, I am much much older than you, you incompetent girl. Second of all if you want to scream..Go on, go right ahead. As far as the Doctor's are concerned there's no record of a Kiera Levaine every being here. You don't exist. In fact, to them, this room has been vacant for many month's now. A year to be exact." He stood there crossing his arms with that same conspiring grin once again.

This time he was the one looking triumphant.

I had just met the guy and I hated him and his stupid grin already.

"So what's it going to be Princess?"

I flinched at his words, though I have no idea why. He noticed it though and regarded me curiously with that dissecting gaze he gave before, waiting for something. A reaction?

I said nothing. Though in my mind I was wondering just exactly what the fudge was going on, I mean he had to be joking right? Instead of answering him I ran past him and out the door.

The halls were occupied with the patients strolling down them.

I expected to be reprimanded for leaving my room.

I expected for someone to at least notice me.

But no, not even the guards paid any attention. I ran to the closest guard to the point of where I was standing right in front of him. "There's a crazy guy in my room and..." I said close to yelling but trailed off. He didn't even seem to see me. It reminded me of one of those British guards with the red coats and bearskin hats that are trained to stay motionless. But he wasn't one of those.

He just didn't see me.

I felt someone's hand grab my arm, about to pull me away.

I flinched, again-might I add, from the touch and tried to get away from it.

Still looking incredulous at the ignorant guard as I waved my free hand in front of his face to get his attention. Something isn't right. Jeez, you think? My mind said sarcastically.

I felt a hand grab my wrist and didn't even bother to see who it was.

I knew it was him, that Alexander guy- if that's even his name.

Defeated, I let him pull me away down the halls. I knew where we were heading. He dragged me closer and closer towards the front entrance, not even the receptionist noticed us. I began to feel anxious.

For the first time in a year I would be out in the real world.

That thought scared me.

----------

So what do you think of my story so far?
any opinions, questions, predictions, comments, and or concerns?
hehe...you know, that whole shindig

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 07-13-2010, 11:01 AM

You need to proof read it, it certainly is an interesting story. Some of my thoughts would be, I think Alexander should be a little bit more patient, or then get angry but not show it for a bit, like in part where he tries to pull her away. Did he really think she would obey that easily? She's in a mental institute.
Second, what really confused me - or is it curiosity? - was the fact that the doctor saw her and talked to her, but no one else did.
I really did like the gory scene at the start, and I was a little sad that you finished it so quickly, maybe make it a little longer with gory details?
And last but not least, I adored the plot itself - just watch out for Mary Sues (just a small warning) - but you really need to proof read that chapter.

Lady.of.Destruction

Old 07-13-2010, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I really do appreciate it (:
Let me just say that Alexander... knew that she's not truly crazy and she wouldn't really attack him -I'm trying to be vague as possible without give anything away.
and the fact that the doctor acknowledged her in the beginning while the other people in the facility didn't even notice her afterward, will be answered later on.
But thanks for the criticism, I have an edited version on my computer with a longer gore scene. (Lol...I just didn't know if would be reported or not for writing stuff like that excessively.)

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 PM

Even though Alexander knows this, I don't think he should immediately get so patient. He knows that she won't obey, so he is patient.

Quote:
"But right now I need you to leave this place. Come." he ordered nonchalantly while gesturing me to take his hand.

My eyes widened, did he say what I think he said? Was this a trick?

I stood my ground.

"No." I said through my gritted teeth.

" We don't have much time,so come on!" he yelled and grabbed me by the arm,starting to dragged me.
Straight away, when she said no, he got angry. Maybe he's patient the first time, but not the second?

Lady.of.Destruction

Old 07-15-2010, 10:39 PM

I guess your right. I'll be sure to go back and edit it in my documents then.
Lol, it also doesn't help that I have the bad habit of writing late at night. So I'm not as alert to mistakes such as that xD

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 07-16-2010, 12:03 PM

No worries, I think every writer does that XD