amethyst_midnight
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to amethyst_midnight Send a message via Yahoo to amethyst_midnight

Old 07-22-2010, 06:48 AM

Prologue
This story is anime based, but written in a play format
Shadow- Tall, long black hair; grey-silver eyes with a dark ring, soft pale skin, quiet, but very mature.
Kyra- Average height, long black hair, deep green eyes that turn to red when manifesting fire (as well as hair), innocent, cries easily, quiet.

On the 21st birthday, powers in the soul are manifested and begin to grow. If powers aren't learned to control, they can kill you. When you master them, you stop aging. A manifester may seem immortal, but are not, yet many harmful things to a mortal will not affect them. ex: If they were to fall from many stories, they would not shatter bone, yet may leave a slight bruise or small pain. They heal very quickly; sometimes in a matter of seconds or minutes.
Shadow has come across a legend about the world ending with fire, but the prophecy states something about a light manifester, who, with the help of Shadow, can rid the world of this prophecy.

City Sidewalk
Scene 1
Kyra and Shadow are walking through the city on a busy street, unaware of each other's presence. They walk opposite ways, toward eachother, but not purposely. Kyra runs into a pedestrian.
Pedestrian- Hey, watch where you're going!
Kyra- I...I'm sorry sir...
Ped- Yea sure, whatever. (pushes Kyra against a brick building and walks off)
Kyra- (hits the wall and gasps with a few tears in her eyes)
Shadow- (walks over to her and helps her off the ground) Are you okay?
Kyra- Yea, I'm okay...
Shadow- (brushes a hand over a scrape on Kyra's shoulder) You're bleeding.
Kyra- I'll be fine. (pulls away)
Shadow- (sighs)
Kyra- (looks up meeting her eyes and shutters slightly)
Shadow- Are you sure you're okay?
Kyra- Yes. Thank you... (turns around)
Shadow- (vanishes)
Kyra- (turns back around) where'd she go?
It was just another day for Kyra. Another day being unseen and pushed around, yet what she didn't know was that meeting Shadow changed and saved her life.

Burning Park
Scene 2
A month has passed and things have been pretty normal ever since the confrontation with Shadow. Honestly, Kyra had forgotten about her. Today was Kyra's birthday but she had no one to celebrate it with. Afterall, she hated her birthday; it only made her dread life more. She decided to take a walk through the park.
Kyra- (walking through the park around noon. Kids are playing while some adults are sitting on benches going on with their lives.) Another day...just alone. Life couldn't get any worse could it?
Little kid- (falls onto the concrete scarping his knee and cries)
Kyra-(runs up to the kid) Hey are you okay? (reaches a hand out to help him, touching his shoulder)
Little kid- (screams)
Mom- (runs over) Honey what's wrong? (Looks at the burn on his shoulder and bleeding knee) You! Get away from my son!
Kyra- but I was just...how...did-
Mom- (runs off with her son)
Kyra- (looks at her hands) what was that...? (starts to walk again but is slightly shaking. Jumps at the sight of a bright light and stares at it, unaware to a bicyclist coming her way)
Biker- Hey watch--
Kyra- (falls on the ground tearing her jeans and gasps in pain)
Biker- (picks up his bike and walks over) I'm sorry about that. Here let me help you.
Kyra- (tries to stand up and grabs his hand)
Biker- (yells out in pain and pulls his hand back as Kyra falls back again) What the hell lady! (looks at his hand that is slightly burned) what are you?
Kyra- (studders, trying to get up) I...
Biker- No (holds hands up grabbing his bike) you stay away (rides off)
Kyra- (lays there on the ground while her cuts bleed and her hands burn in a strange way)
Mom- There she is officer! (runs up with a police officer) She hurt my son!
Police- Ma'am, you're gonna have to come with me.
Kyra- But I didn't (cries out as he grabs her) Get off!
Police- (pulls out hand cuffs)
Shadow- (appears) Let her go officer.
Police- Excuse me miss, but this is none of your concern.
Shadow- (mutters) more than you know.
Police- (angrily) Excuse me?
Shadow- (grabs police)
Police- Get off me or I'll have you arrested!
Shadow- (smirks) Try me. (pulls Kyra to her so Kyra's back is facing her)
Police- (starts running toward them)
Shadow- (flings Kyra on her back) Hold on and don't let go. (takes off running)
Kyra- (holds on for dear life closing her eyes)
Shadow- (runs through the city into a dark alley way)
Kyra- (jumps off) What the hell?!
Shadow- You go out there and you're dead. What did you do to get the cops on your ass like that?
Kyra- I didn't do anything (holds out her hands)
Shadow- (eyes widen seeing faint smoke rising from her hands) You burned them
Kyra- How did you...--
Shadow- Shh! (hears police looking for them) stay quiet. (pulls Kyra to her wrapping her arms around her)
Kyra- (flinches in small pain)
Shadow- (whispers something as they vanish into the darkness)

Take Me Back
Scene 3
Shadow had no idea Kyra was the one until then in the alley way. Seeing the smoky fire aftereffect on Kyra’s hands sent her the signal she was. Kyra was afraid and had no idea what was going on. Just seeing what was done with her bare hands sent a shock through her soul. They arrived in a dark room; lights are dim with shades covering the windows. A bed was in the middle against the right wall. Across the bed was a plasma TV and a couch on the other side of the bed which looked like black leather. All throughout the room was dark and vicious looking which scared Kyra. She found herself clinging onto Shadow.
Shadow- You can let go now.
Kyra- (looks up) Oh, sorry. (lets go but stumbles)
Shadow- (catches her and brings her over to the bed) Stay here. (walks to another room and comes back out with alcohol and bandages)
Kyra- Where are we?
Shadow- Save the questions for later. Let me tend to your wounds first.
Kyra- (sighs)
Shadow- By the way, I’m Shadow. (cleans her wounds)
Kyra- (flinches) …Kyra….
(Shadow reaches for Kyra’s hand, but Kyra refuses)
Shadow- (grabs Kyra’s hand and opens her palm running a finger down it) You won’t hurt me. You can’t.
(Kyra’s eyes widen as Shadow’s finger gives an icy touch)
I know what you’re going through, believe me or not. I can take you back to your prior life, but I’ll promise you that you’ll die out there. A new life for you has just begun and I’m here to help.
(Shadow finishes up with the bandages)
Your scratches will heal faster than humans. Overnight they should be-
Kyra- I’m not human? (pause) no...I don’t believe you.
Shadow- You must
Kyra- No, I won’t. Take me back
Shadow- Kyra, listen to me.
Kyra- No! (cries) take me back. I want to go home. Just take me back and leave me alone!
Shadow- fine
Kyra- Where the hell is the door?
Shadow- There is none.
Kyra- Impossible. Shadow, get me out of here or I'll call the cops. You shouldn't have stopped that officer; he was only doing his job.
Shadow- Job my ass. What were you going to tell him? You somehow, just coincidentally, tried to help someone who had a random burn appear? That somehow your hand burned them? Yea, tell him that and see where it gets you. In a fucken insane asylum!
Kyra- Stop yelling! I just want to go home.
(Shadow grabs her hand)
What are you doing?
Shadow- You want to go home don’t you? (closes her eyes as they fade)