The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-27-2011, 02:38 AM

Jemini looked back at the elf, Mallon, with a strange look. She then got out after Hayden and gently touched his forearm. "Is everything alright? Something seems very...off."

Mallon waited for everyone to leave the vehicle, then climbed out. He saw Meredith and sighed. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Are you alright?" He asked in to her ear. He'd made sure that he had a firm grip on her so she didn't slip.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-27-2011, 02:47 AM

The fairy bit his lower lip then sighed. Turning his eyes to Jemini he let a small smile cross his face. "Something is off yes.. But we can't just disappear. That would be even stranger. I wish things were easier, but they aren't."The blond wasn't even sure what he meant himself by that. Though deep down, Hayden knew that he wanted to be able to tell Jemini that he wanted to be much more then the little that they were. He wanted to be able to wrap his arms around her much like Mallon had done with Meredith, he was envious.

The brunette jumped upon feeling strong arms coming around her. Blue eyes wide she turned to stare at Mallon, then placed her head upon his shoulder to accept what comfort his closeness could give her. It wasn't that her disappeared love had stopped weighing upon her mind... It was simply that Mallon was there, and he was kind with a generous heart. He wanted to be there for her. "Just remembering yesterday, or was it two days ago? So much has happened since then..." Warmth replaced that cold which had begun seeping into the young woman's heart with the true knowledge that the past was over with. It was time for something entirely new to begin.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-27-2011, 02:53 AM

Jemini smiled a little at him, but there was a troubling look in her eyes. It was as if she knew what he was thinking or feeling and she wouldn't do anything about it. She just nodded slightly after he'd finished speaking and glanced over at Mallon and Meredith. Something about the way they interacted made her feel an odd feeling in the pit of her stomach. She had to look away from them when Meredith placed her head on Mallon's shoulder.

Mallon had just smiled a little down at her. "There's no need to remember such a thing. You're safe now. I won't let anything happen to you." He whispered reassuringly to her. He didn't want her to cry like she had earlier. He really just wanted her to be happy.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-27-2011, 03:15 AM

Berating himself for being such a coward the fairy prince leaned against the human woman and placed an arm around her waist in a hesitant way. Hayden wasn't quite as confident as Mallon, and far from how he usually was. This was different, because he wanted to know if Jemini truly liked him. Not for his position, not for what the young man was... But rather for who he was.

Something rustled in nearby bushes, a dark laugh accompanied the sound.

Meanwhile Meredith smiled. Her eyes sparkled with an emotion she'd been pushing away. As it surfaced the blue eyed woman leaned up to place a soft kiss upon Mallon's lips. Pulling back she regarded the mysterious elf as she used one hand to tug playfully at a lock of his hair. "I know. But, I want to be able to protect myself too.. I feel like such a crybaby right now."

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-27-2011, 03:22 AM

Jemini couldn't help but look at Hayden in a sort of surprised way, then she just smiled softly at him. She placed her free hand over his hand on her waist. She didn't say anything, just relaxed a little back in to him. She wasn't ignoring her surroundings though. She'd been brought up better than that.

Mallon blinked, surprised at Meredith's actions. He did smile slowly though, looking down at her. "No...you're not a crybaby at all. You're just a little overwhelmed is all."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-27-2011, 03:46 AM

Hayden turned his head as a dark shadow flitted forward. It disappeared from his sight and every other sense the fairy ahd available to him quickly enough. Even so he recognized what it was and let out a curse. Releasing Jemini the green eyed man rushed to Mallon's side shove his side violently. "Sorry to interrupt this scene, but we need to get away from here. One of the dark court's spies saw us."

Reassured by Mallon's words, Meredith was about to answer him when Hayden barged into their conversation. The panic in his eyes more then warranted the interruption... And his explanation did more then worry the young woman. The joy she'd been feeling slipped away, even as her certainty in Mallon's protection stood firm. She knew he would keep her safe. If the elf had said so, then that was exactly what would happen. Nothing had occurred so far which contradicted this conviction of Meredith's.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-27-2011, 04:10 AM

Jemini blinked and stumbled slightly when she was suddenly released. She watched Hayden move, her own hand going to the outside of her boot. She stayed in a crouched position, just in case she needed to draw her weapon.

Mallon sighed at Hayden's words. "How bothersome. They always want to put their noses in to people's business." He loosened his grip on Meredith, but did not release her. "There's only one way to get to safety now. Despte the suspicion it would cause." He looked at Meredith, then Hayden and finally Jemini. "You three ready?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-27-2011, 11:33 PM

Hayden glanced to Jemini before nodding. He wanted to make sure that she was safe, no matter what else happened. It might have been a little cliché but that was the only thing running trough the fairy's mind.

For her part Meredith clung to Mallon with a terrified expression. She was completely out of her debt in this situation. She had no idea what was going on, or what her friends were speaking of. The only thing the brunette knew was that danger was approaching. "I'm ready... I guess." To think everything had been relatively peaceful only moments before.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-28-2011, 12:18 AM

Jemini had not moved from the spot she was in, her pistol only just pulled from her boot. She would only point when she had a target.

Mallon turned so that Meredith was now clinging to his back. His arms were free so that he could defend himself if need be. "Come out, nice and slow. Or, I will be forced to take drastic actions." He knew whoever was there was very near.