Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 02:36 PM

“What is customary is not to oppress the ‘woman’, but it is a rule to not let strangers, who is probably plotting against you, wander freely around. When the king trusts the queen, she is free to move around everywhere.” Maron explained, glaring at Calix.

What happened next, made Maron stare in shock and tremble slightly in fright. Of course he would deny the fact that he was scared if somebody ever asked. But it also made him realize something. He didn’t understand Calix. He hadn’t tried to. He was so focused on getting the man out of his life, that he didn’t stop a moment and wonder just why Calix had done the things he had. He still didn’t like the man, but for some reason he had a bit more respect for him. Great, now Maron felt guilty. He turned to Calix, looked him in the eyes and with only truth in his voice he said, “I apologize. It was wrong of me to do. I let my anger run away with me. You are a most curious person, Calix, and I would like to learn more about you. Not your motives for doing what you did, but more about the person you are. And as an apology I will tell you that I agree with your point on the rule and since I know and hate the feeling of restricted freedom, I will not lock the door. I will just beg of you to be careful with the books and still stay away from the last room.” Maron stood straight, not moving a muscle, just watching Calix for his next move.

(Oh, my god. When i read your last post i was actually scared. I felt like i was Maron and could just see Calix for me :O)

Remaro
So consumed in all your Doom.......

Old 11-08-2011, 03:13 PM

He had ignored Maron's comment on the restrictive rule, after all, the point was the same was it not? His movements were oppressed and would be until Maron saw it fit to relieve him of the rule, still technically being oppressing. However, Calix was more pleased with the reaction his own words had brought from the other king, a satisfied smirk flickering over his lips. Despite who he ruled over, he personally wasn't the greatest fan of senseless violence. Calix knew how and when to use it, and to what extent, but it was never his first approach or course of action in a situation, he preferred to use cunning over idiotic violence, brain over brawn.

Quietly, he turned the blade, inspecting the glinting metal before carefully tucking it back out of sight. It had done its duty, coupled with his actions, to put the young King back in his place. Maron had barely begun to rule, and even then, his land was more than tame. Calix had been on the 'throne' of his land for over four years, he had had plenty of experience in making difficult decisions, attempts on his life and keeping the land safe from those that would have it destroyed.

Abruptly he was brought out of his thoughts by Maron's words, taking him by surprise that the other would actually apologise. Lazily he flicked his gaze back upon the other, analysing him in silence, trying to figure out his motive behind the apology, whether or not it was truth. When he decided it was no more false than his own words had been, he gave a curt nod of the head. "For now I will accept your apology." Again he paused, watching Maron warily for a second before allowing a smirk to split his lips once more. "I am not sure how much you will learn about me as a person, or me in any way, I've been trained well in guarding my secrets" He pointed out before shrugging very slightly, stepping away from the wall to approach Maron steadily, slouching ever so slightly in movements to diminish his height, putting he and Maron almost on equal levelling, both figuratively and literally. "You will most certainly make a good king if you continue acting like this, a confusing king at times, but most likely good... I look forwards to learning more about you as well" Calix spoke, an almost teasing lilt in his voice before he bowed his head in a sign of respect. "I thank you for my freedom, and I can assure you, I will not enter the last room, I may even try to be on best behaviour" His second comment brought a larger smile to his face as he chuckled, shaking his head and looking away. Calix knew when concessions had to be made, and it seemed for now, he and Maron had come to an agreement.

"I would also appreciate it if we do not bring up family in our conversations for the time being, to avoid awkwardness and outbursts such as earlier" The queen added, his face settling into a serious expression as he spoke, waiting to hear Maron's answer.

(XD While I'm not glad it scared you, I'm glad it made Calix seem scary/nasty XDD I've had great practise and teachings from a friend of mine in some of our roleplays, trust me if you thought Calix was frightening, you'd be terrified of some of her characters 0.o)

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 03:58 PM

“The only things I wish to learn is the things you tell me and the things I experience.” Maron said while appreciating Calix’s try at making them equal height. Maron studied Calix for a moment. He always knew people’s intention, but no matter what he did, he couldn’t figure this man out. Why did Calix go so far for whatever his cause was? This man was so mysterious. He intrigued and at the same time annoyed to no end.

When Calix promised he wouldn’t enter Maron’s sister’s room, he let a smile grace his lips. Though he didn’t feel safe with the man’s promises, he would trust him on this. “Though I must admit I still don’t trust you, it would please me if you would join me in the garden after dinner. Since you seemed so interested I would like to show you the rest and maybe have a little chat. Now if you’ll excuse, I have some things I must do.” Maron turned around and walked to the door. As he opened the door he turned to Calix and said, “As for the family matter, I would appreciate it.” A small, sad smile appeared on his lips before he turned around and walked out the door, leaving it open as proof of Calix’s freedom.

He walked over to the small door with the intricate designs. He hoped sister was awake. He hadn’t talked with her since this morning. He opened the door and walked inside the room.

(Now i'm a bit scared O.o)

Remaro

Old 11-08-2011, 04:14 PM

At this, he chuckled softly. “A wise answer, I feel obligated to warn you that you are rapidly losing your ‘fool’ status, in case you wish to keep it” Calix joked before falling into relaxed silence as he watched Maron studying him. This was not the first time he’d been ‘studied’ by another, a once dear companion had told him years ago he was like a closed book, he gave just enough information on the cover to interest a person, but unless they could open him up, they would never know the content of his pages.

The smile came somewhat as a surprise to the man, although it was in no way unpleasant. He would gladly admit that the king could be considered appealing when he smiled, rather than looking grumpy or irritated. What surprised him even more was the offer to join Maron in the garden after they had eaten. The prospect of seeing the garden up close was enough to have Calix nodding his agreement. “I would be happy to join you” He murmured lowly, watching Maron return to the door.

At the king’s words, Calix frowned in deep thought before bowing his head once more in respectful thanks. Quietly he approached the door, watching as Maron slipped inside the ‘forbidden’ room. Although his curiosity spiked about the contents behind the door, Calix chose to keep to his word for now, instead shutting the door behind him as he stepped out into the corridor, deciding to explore his surroundings and gain a better feel for his new 'home'. He chose to inspect the kitchens first, after all, servants tended to have the best knowledge about the places they worked at, more so than the inhabitants and owners.

( D: I'm sorry!
Also, would you like me to double as Maron's sister? I'm more than happy to :3 )

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 05:38 PM

The first Maron noticed was the small frame in the bed. She was so frail. She always got sick and it worried Maron. Why was it that the only person he truly wished happiness for, was the one whose happiness was so far out of reach? “Leyla? Are you awake?” He slowly approached the bed with the seemingly sleeping girl. He carefully touched her forehead. Seems like the fever had gone down. Maybe he could take her out in the garden tomorrow. If the fever didn’t go up again of course.

Maron sighed and slumped down in the chair beside the bed. “Leyla, you’ll never guess what happened today. It was the coronation today, you know, and everything was going as its boring usual. Then when I had to kiss that princess from the neighboring country, suddenly, bam, and I was kissing some weird guy who is apparently the prince of The Shadow Lands. Do you remember The Shadow Lands? Oh yeah, and now that guy is the queen until I figure out how to cancel the engagement and I the most frustrating thing is I can’t read him. It’s so annoying. Why is it that I can read everybody else but him and you? I don’t know what to do Leyla. I’m so confused!” Maron buried his head in his hands.

(Please do :). It would probably be a lot better)

Remaro

Old 11-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Leyla remained silent when her brother first entered the room. Truth be told, she was in between the stages of wakefullness and sleep, so when she heard his voice, distant to her ears, and felt the light touch on her forehead, she reluctantly forced her tired eyes to open. A soft smile of greeting flitted over her lips and she reached out to gently rest her fingertips against Maron's knee, watching him in peaceful silence as the other off-loaded his troubles to her.

Finally, the girl frowned, tapping his knee to make him look up at her. "How did he even get in...To the coronation?" She asked with a puzzled expression, voice whispery soft. After a couple of seconds, Leyla shook her head a little, a warmer smile flickering over her features once more. "Perhaps it means something... Perhaps he'll become as important to you as I am" She suggested with a slight teasing tone, despite the weakness over her voice. "What is important....Did you enjoy the kiss?" Leyla asked suddenly after a pause, a mixture of seriousness and curiousity on her face now as she peered up at her dear brother.

(I hope that was ok :) )

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 PM

Maron couldn’t believe his own ears. Had his sister even listened? This man was from The Shadow Lands. It was the country of thieves. How could she even suggest that this man would become important to him? It wouldn’t be good for the kingdom.

Despite whatever he thought, it didn’t stop the blush that slowly crept up his cheeks. It couldn’t be… He must admit he did enjoy the kiss. No. He shook his head. He would never let that happen. He promised himself never to have a futile love again. Looking at the clock, he sighed. He turned to his sister. “I have to go. I have a dinner meeting with some old geezers who wants to tell me what to do, so I have to get changed.” He got up and kissed his sister on forehead. “No one will become as important as you. It won’t happen. I also promised the citizens I would find a way to cancel the engagement. Besides-“A sad smile graced his lips, “-I promised myself I would never love a man again.” He then walked out the door.

(It was amazing! I hope oyu don't mind me copying your font. The other one began to annoy me)

Last edited by Lovably Insane; 11-08-2011 at 06:57 PM..

Remaro

Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 PM

She smiled softly to the other, chuckling weakly at her brother's astonishment before shaking her head a little as he seemed to be trying to avoid her comments. Sighing quietly, she pouted up at him, not wanting her brother to have to go so soon, although she understood that he had duties to attend to, especially now he was King. "Alright, but promise to come again soon" She pouted, sighing softly again at the light kiss.

At Maron's words, Leyla frowned before she smiled sadly back to her brother. Leyla knew that, even if he believed this to be true, it wouldn't remain true forever. Eventually he would find someone he would come to care for, someone he would love as much, if not more so then he loved her. Perhaps this new 'queen' would be able to open his eyes, she hoped he would be able to. "Maron, one day you need to open your heart to someone other than me... Be it man or woman" She murmured, personally seeing nothing wrong in a man loving another man.

-----

As Maron left the room, Calix was exiting the kitchens as well, a bright laugh escaping his lips as he bid farewell to the staff he had been speaking to. So far it seemed they at least were happy to have met him. Pausing though, he glanced up when he heard footsteps, gazing curiously at Maron. "Are you ok?" He asked curiously, glancing over the other's shoulder towards the intricately designed door.

((Oh I don't mind! Go right ahead :3))

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2011, 08:54 AM

Maron was walking down the vast hallway deep in thought. His sister’s words had hit a part of him he didn’t want to admit existed. After his fatal love when he was young, he decided to never love any man. He would focus all his energy on ruling this country. The only exception to this would be Leyla.

Upon hearing Calix’s voice, he snapped back to reality. Looking up, he discovered their close proximity and he jumped back, a faint blush shortly tinting his cheeks, before he repressed it. Regaining his posture, he looked up at the queen, “Ah, yes. I apologize. I was just a bit lost in thought. And as much as I would love to stay and chat I will ask you to please excuse me since I have a meeting to attend.”He hurried past Calix and into the dining room.

As the door closed behind him, he let out a sigh. That Leyla. She made him think about stupid and irrelevant things. Things that made him weird around Calix. He didn’t like it. Not one bit. Suddenly he felt extremely conscious and looked up to see the other attendants of the dinner meeting staring at him. He coughed nervously. “Hello gentlemen. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Now, let’s begin this meeting.”

Remaro

Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 AM

Calix raised an eyebrow as he watched Maron's reaction when the young King finally realised he was present. After a moment, he stepped back slightly as well, allowing for greater distance between them both in an attempt to put Maron at ease a little more. Tilting his head to the side, he frowned a little before shrugging. "Go ahead, enjoy the meeting" He answered with a faint smirk that hinted at the fact he doubted Maron would. If this meeting was to be anything like the ones he had had to endure in his life time, Maron would likely feel like beating his head against the table by the end of it. Silently he watched the king go before turning, deciding to return to his room for now.

----

One of the attendants raised an eyebrow before bowing his head and gesturing to the empty seat set aside for their King. "It is a pleasure to be in your council Sire" He answered calmly before glancing around to the others, frowning almost nervously. "We would like to bring up the subject of the... New Queen, your highness... Have you yet had any plans on how to be rid of the man?" He questioned tentatively.

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 AM

The meeting had just begun and Maron already felt like hitting his head against the table. Or better yet, the attendants head. It has been two hours since the coronation and they were already bitching about him being slow. Couldn’t he get a moments peace? He clenched his fists, Nails digging into soft skin, probably drawing blood, but he didn’t really care, as long as Leyla didn’t see it.

“Not to sound rude or anything, good sir, but it has been around two hours since it happened and I haven’t yet had the time to search, since I had to prepare for this fine meeting.” These damn geezers. There was no way to please them. They knew he couldn’t possible have done that without being a magician or something. A thing he, as far as he knew, wasn’t. “I will of course continue doing my best to stop this engagement.” For some reason those words made him feel guilty. He wasn’t sure why and he probably didn’t want to know. “But instead of continuing this, I have a few more important agendas on the list.” Maron wanted this meeting to be over before he hit somebody. “Now, for the next thing on the list…”

When the meeting was finally over, Maron looked at the clock hanging above the door. Hmm… He probably had some time before Calix was done eating. He decided to head to the training hall to let out some frustrations or else he would probably say something stupid. As he entered the training hall, he stripped out of his formal attire and put on a pair of loose pants, deciding against a shirt since it was still warm outside.Since his hands was bleeding, and he was probably going to punch a lot of things, he decided to wrap some bandages around them. As he looked around in the training room he smiled fondly. It reminded him of the countless hours he had been here training martial arts, so he was able to protect himself and, more importantly, Leyla if something ever happened. He also knew how wield different weapons, but he preferred not to use them. “Now to the fun.”

(I apologize for cutting the meeting short. I just didn't have so much for it.)

Last edited by Lovably Insane; 11-09-2011 at 12:03 PM..

Remaro

Old 11-09-2011, 01:26 PM

(Oh go right ahead ^^ I just put it in there in case :3)

Calix had indeed still been occupied with his meal, although for perhaps different reasons than Maron was expecting. He had set it down on a small desk in his room, frowning and cautiously lifting pieces of the food up with his fork. Once he had decided there was no 'obvious' poison, he brought out a small vial of clear liquid. Popping off the lid, he carefully poured half of the liquid over the food before replacing the vial in the special pocket made for it in his cloak. Hopefully, the liquid would do absolutely nothing to the food, other than add a slight bit of flavouring to it. If Calix was unlucky however, in a few minutes there would be splotches of bright blue covering his food where the liquid had been poured. If that was the case, he would have o resort to finding his own meal as the kitches would clearly not be trusted. It was a special technique his grandfather had invented to test whether or not a person was about to eat poisoned food. In doing this, it removed the need for 'tasters' who would often die as a result of eating poisoned food and there was a rapid decrease of poisoned food in his kingdom.

Sighing, he straightened up, turning to leave the room. It would take a little while for the poison test to be complete, giving him some time to wander again. With light feet, Calix strode with cautious steps down the corridor, this time turning down another hallway he had yet to adventure into. From where he walked, he still had a good view of the gardens so it wouldn't be too hard for him to make his way down to them, even if he did get lost which was likely to happen. Even as a kid, he had a strange skill at getting lost, even in places he thought he knew like the back of his hand. It was just lucky he supposed, that he was skilled in looking after himself.

Every now and then, he'd peer into an interesting room, although for now he had been thoroughly disappointed. With a quiet sigh, he opened one of the last doors of this section, not expecting much. Was it irony? When you give up expecting something interesting, and then something interesting comes along? He supposed it was. With a faint smirk, Calix slid into the room, shutting the door behind him and quietly pressing against the wall, watching the new King seemingly preparing himself to train. Now was a chance to study the other, to see just how much of a danger Maron would be to him.

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2011, 05:22 PM

Maron took a deep breath. He began in one series then glided to the next changing style and art as he went along. Maron always loved his martial arts lessons. They made him feel free. Like a bird soaring through the sky. Like the carefree butterfly at the coronation. He knew a lot of different martial arts, but the ones he preferred, and the ones he was training now, were those that felt like dancing. He loved the feeling of subtle power. The power you didn’t show but kept hidden until you needed it. The feeling of complete control. You knew every part of your body, and it moved to your wishes. He did it in his own tempo, sometimes slow, sometimes fast, not caring about anything, just feeling every muscle of his body enjoying the freedom.

He suddenly noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Calix. Gracefully stopping he looked at Calix. A small sheen of sweat covered his body and he was breathing slightly heavier than normal, but he felt calmer than ever. Calix’s presence didn’t even faze him, “Are you done eating? I apologize. The time must have slipped me. I will go get ready and meet you in a moment if you still wish for me to show you the garden. Or would you rather have a sparing match?” He tousled his hair and looked at the other man with a slight smirk.

Last edited by Lovably Insane; 11-09-2011 at 05:28 PM..

Remaro

Old 11-10-2011, 11:12 PM

Calix continued to watch, observing the other's fluid motions with a critical gaze. EVery couple of seconds, he would nod very slightly, clearly approving of the other's skill. To be honest, Calix was pleasantly surprised to see Maron doing something like this. He had originally never took the other as someone who would know how to defend themselves, or fight with any form of skill, let alone as someone who had been able to practically perfect each movement. A soft smirk had flickered over his lips though as he leant casually against the wall, he tilted his head up slightly, looking almost haughty in appearance now.

When the king finally noticed Calix's presence, the other bowed his head in a slight nodding motioin, smirking once more. Pushing away from the wall, he quietly approached the other until he was once more standing over him, slouching slightly as he took in the other's appearance. "The food was a little too hot for me to eat when it arrived, so I decided to stretch my legs a little whilst waiting it to cool" He answered before his eyes widened at the offer to spar. "After watching your training just now, I would certainly enjoy testing myself against you! Feel no need to change, this is as much your home as it is now mine, you should be allowed to feel comfortable here" He added quickly with a grin, slowly shrugging off his cloak and shirt before carefully slipping off his shoes. Lean muscles shifted with each slight movement beneath his skin, hinting at just how dangerous and deadly he could be.

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-17-2011, 06:47 PM

A small smile adorned Maron’s lips as he walked a bit away, turned around and looked at Calix with a calculating gaze. Oh, he knew Calix was dangerous, which made this more fun. The king had long waited for a chance to test his abilities against an equal who didn’t try to gain favors. “I thank you for this chance to enjoy a friendly fight. Without weapons of course.” It wasn’t that Maron feared Calix killing him, if he wanted to he would have done it long ago, but Maron would enjoy the fight much more without them.

Maron stood straight and waited for Calix to make his move. He knew he would need all his skills in this fight. Both body and brain. He would need to use all Calix did against him, which was his preferred plan. Now he just had to wait.

(I am so so so sorry! Apparently the message i wrote last thursday didn't send and this is my first time being on since. I apologize for the long delay and the short reply. I really don't have that much time, but i wanted to get this out and apologize. school is taking up all my time with this project, but it ends tomorrow and after that i will probably be able to reply faster. I really do apologize that you didn't get the notice and in the future i will be sure to check that it has been send properly. I hope you still want to do this rp with me.)

Remaro

Old 11-27-2011, 10:05 AM

Calix raised an eyebrow slightly as he watched the other walking away before turning and staring at him. With a slow, almos predatorial step, he smirked, shifting to stand in front of the other. Tilting his head to the side slightly, he took in the king, observing the way he held himself, how comfortable he was in the face of fighting someone who had been born and raised in the customs of the Shadow Land. Well, Maron certainly impressed Calix for not shying away.

Smirking lightly, he dipped his head a little before quickly leaning down to remove a couple more hidden weapons from secret compartments in his trousers. Setting them down on the floor by his shirt and cloak. "Of course, it would hardly be a fair fight for you if we were allowed weapons" He chuckled quietly before shifting into a comfortable position, eyes narrowing into a calculating gaze. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Calix lashed out in a fierce barrage of punches, refusing to hold back or go easy on the king.

((It's fine! Of course I still wanna do the rp! I should apologise too ^^ I've been very distracted and ill recently which is why I haven't replied for so long either))

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-02-2011, 07:24 AM

Maron dodged or blocked Calix’s punches as he tried to read the patterns only delivering a strong punch or kick when there was an opening. Maron had to admit he was impressed. Calix was definitely used to battle. Maron enjoyed the thrill it gave him to fight this mysterious man. But this just meant that he would not hold back. When the next opening came, Maron grabbed Calix’s arm and used the power behind his punch to lift him up and then he delivered a swift kick that send the other man flying.

(I apologize for the short reply. Ill? I hope you're better now)

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 PM

(Hi. I'm not sure if you will ever read this message, but if you do, just know that i still want to continue this RP even if you don't answer for months or years. I really love it. I'll try to be more on myself too. If you don't want to, that's fine. You can just ignore this message.)