MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-25-2007, 11:14 AM

Believe it or not?
This happens to be one of my favorite shows and I looked down the list of threads and so far I haven't seen any topics for this show. Sorry if I took up space and there happens to already be a thread. ><;

Here is some background information if you don't know about the show. Ghost Hunters TAPS *The Atlantic Paranormal Society* is about a group of people who use scientific equipment to catch paranormal activities or "debunk" claims of hauntings. I believe the group was started by Jason and Grant who work for Roto Rooter and each had individual paranormal experiences a while back that lead them to seek more answers about the paranormal. So they formed a group of people trained in fields for technology, research, etc. and go around checking out places claiming to be haunted.

Now why I like this show is because TAPS goes in to disprove a haunting rather than prove it but when they do catch something it's mind boggling. I am a very big skeptic and I've even had experiences but after getting into this show *I've been watching it for three years* I'm little by little thinking, "Ok, there are some things we can't explain,"
My question is what do you think? Do you watch the show and if so do you like their methods? Do you believe in the paranormal?
(Please if you don't agree with the show state why with respect instead of making random accusations that aren't true or just bashing it because it has to do with paranormal happenings.)
I forgot to mention that TAPS is a non profit organization. They always put cases in which children are involved before all others and don't charge any fees what so ever. I think their work may be funded by Scifi and Acura but other than that they don't take money from the people who's places they investigate.

New news! Ghost Hunters International is going to be on THIS Wednesday so get ready peoples! The first new show is about them going back to St. Augustine Lighthouse so this ought to be amazing! If you don't remember what happened last time the crew went down to the lighthouse and were able to catch figures looking over the railing, moving away a floor above them, and hearing conversations. It was incredible so here's hoping they catch more. Also the new episode of their international show will be airing after that. >w<

Natt`
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM

How many episodes have there been that they've disproved a haunting, rather than proved it?
My mom watches it all the time
She keeps forgetting what TAPS stands for

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-25-2007, 11:59 AM

I have no idea but that's what makes the show so great. It's not guaranteed to have one place haunted and the other debunked. Sometimes they find activity in both places or neither. There are some episodes I hope they don't find something because children are involved and having that kind of thing going on at a young age can warp you a bit. But they've had plenty of convincing episodes. Stanley Hotel, Waverly, Light house in Florida, etc.
I used to forget what TAPS stood for too. XD

Nathuram
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-25-2007, 12:29 PM

I rather dislike Ghost Hunters. They're just a bunch of regular guys with next to no paranormal history at all. Their most significant past experience is a possible run-in with something that might have sort of seemed a little bit like a ghost.

They spend the entire show arguing over pointless things, and they never find anything. An EVP here or there, but nothing that great.

The show would be far more interesting if they caught any sort of actual proof of paranormal activity. I want to see a full-body apparition that dances and states its full name for the record.

They're just out to get money.
And that's stupid.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-25-2007, 01:00 PM

*to Nathuram* You...apparently don't know that much about the show. ><; I'm not going to bash you for not liking it but at least get your facts straight. They're a non profit organization. If they were out for the money they would've quit their jobs at Roto Rooter already. Also they have caught apparitions on the thermal and normal cameras. Now I will agree that they tend to have a lot of drama on there because of Brian and such but they're not bad people and do catch activity. If you want me to post a couple episodes proving so I'll gladly do that. You apparently have been missing out on the exciting episodes or are just having a bad day altogether. I read that your dad didn't take you to school this morning. Sorry to hear that but don't take it out on TAPS or my thread please.
And the fact that they're normal guys is what makes the show so interesting. ^ ^

Professor Lily
Building Funds for my Charity

Old 11-22-2007, 10:48 PM

I watch the show sometimes. I seem to never get a chance to see one the whole way through. From what I have seen, I think I agree with their methods. I like psychic Sylvia Browne.

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 11-23-2007, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathuram
They spend the entire show arguing over pointless things, and they never find anything. An EVP here or there, but nothing that great.
Frank's fall.
The moving chair in the lighthouse.
Among others.

Frank's fall was amazing. Care to see?
Original size/speed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlfgKfMaCtI
Enlarged 150%, slowed down 50% - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYY0Bfrdt5M
If you'll notice, both of his hands are up in the air when it happens.

The chair from the Race Rock lighthouse - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcmBvDdm2SI
People have recreated this one WITH HUMAN INTERVENTION. However, there was nobody in the room. The one person who was there had just left.

That's more than an EVP here and there. Need I go on?

...*cough*

Needless to say, I love Ghost Hunters. Sadly, I was busy for the live Halloween broadcast. But...I shall live. It just amazes me to see this...and see that regular people can find this kind of thing.

Makes me want to take an EMF meter to work with me. XD

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-23-2007, 07:20 PM

Nathuram -
I'm pretty sure they'd like to meet a ghost that would shake their hands and do a little jig as well. Thing is, you can't control them. A place could be haunted, but the spirit may not show itself while they're there. They usually only investigate a place once, and there's no way to say for sure if it's haunted or not in just one day. If you want to see something with guaranteed ghosts all the time, watch a horror movie. Real spirits aren't dogs who come when you call. xD

Back on topic, I enjoy watching Taps, but I've missed a lot of episodes. It's pretty interesting even when they don't find anything. I enjoy watching Steve scream whenever he thinks he's seen a spider. xD That is pretty mean of me though. I don't really like how they start badmouthing spirits in order to try and get them to show themselves though. I was watching the marathon yesterday and it came up a lot where they were saying that the ghost was weak, a coward, etc. I would've liked to see a ghost pop up on screen and smack them or something. ._.;;

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-23-2007, 08:53 PM

*to Tiger Lily* Their methods are pretty cool and they go in with scientific equipment and try to debunk a lot of hauntings. When they're unable to it's pretty awesome. >w<
*to Fullmetal Phantom* Indeed, those are excellent examples of what they've caught and can't be explained. ^ ^ I'm sorry you weren't able to see the live broadcast but they will probably air what they caught again on SciFi and the episode is on Youtube already.
*to Thunder* TAPS is a great show to watch and it's a very good point that ghosts aren't going to come out on demand. They have their own schedule and it takes more than one night to see everything you need to to prove a place as haunted or not. I agree it's not wise to provoke the spirits to get them to come out sometimes but these guys actually want the spirit to do something to them so they're aware of what they're asking. XD

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-23-2007, 10:01 PM

True. Kind of crazy though, when you think about it. Who wants a ghost beating up on you? You can't beat back. xD It would be some pretty nice evidence if they managed to get it on camera all the time though.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-24-2007, 01:21 AM

Personally I wouldn't be too thrilled but that's why these guys want it to fight because it would be awesome evidence and they already caught Frank the camera man getting hit with his own equipment by what seemed to be nothing. So they don't mean the spirits any disrespect but it's one of the ways they antagonize it to come out. Sometimes it actually works. XD What I do like though is they don't provoke spirits who have been terrorized in life or had a horrifying death. I remember that Tango asked to provoke and Steve said no since the spirits had been through enough already. I love Steve. >w<
But yeah, I don't want to piss off a spirit anyday soon. XD

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-24-2007, 04:56 PM

I remember that. That was amazing. If only they could capture more things like that, you know? On the marathon I saw, they were investigating in Ireland (I think) and one of the guy's said he was pushed over. However, the camera wasn't on him at that time so pretty much all you got to see was him laying on the floor afterwards. It would've been nice if they could've actually caught that on camera, but I understand that you can't have a camera on everyone all the time.

They may not actually mean any disrespect, but the spirit might not know that. I mean, if some random person on the street started calling you a coward, it'd be pretty annoying, wouldn't it? xD

Another thing that my friend actually thought of about the provoking. What if Taps got the spirit all riled up and then left, so the spirit terrorized the people who actually own the building? xD That would suck, but I don't think they've actually provoked a spirit in someone's house, so that's definitely a good thing. If they have, I either missed the episode or don't remember it. I don't think they'd do that though, because they always seem to be worried about people who may actually live in a house that's haunted, especially if they have children.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-24-2007, 06:30 PM

Indeed! And yeah, I wish the cam was on Dustin when he got pushed over. I know it was hard because there was a mark on the back of his shirt like dirt or something. I love the Leap Castle episode *Ireland* and prolly got more spazzed on that then anything else. >w< It's true that older countries feel like they have more paranormal activity but I was sad that Steve wasn't able to conquer his fear to go. ><;
I don't think they've provoked a spirit in a home either, especially with children. Jason and Grant have kids they make sure that the children are safe and not in any harm with I like about the show as well. As for provoking a spirit enough to leave I don't know if they actually can leave a place they haunt since spirits seem to be bound to one spot but then again I have no proof, just theories. If a random person on the street was yelling things at me I'd yell back. XD

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-02-2007, 05:19 AM

I used to adore those kinda of shows, unfortunately I can only watch a green/blue colored screen with people moving about in someones basement/attic so many times before it gets old. . . Now if I could be on one of those shows and have my own experience well... thats different.

I was always curious about the occult, and spirits but I can never get anything to work for me. Not even my grandma's Ouija board. Ghosties hate me :(

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-03-2007, 05:20 PM

MasterChiefrei -
I know, I felt kinda bad for Steve. It's really too bad that he can't find anything to help him with that fear. Personally, I would've gotten someone to tranquilize me and drag me on and off the plane just so I could go. xD You don't get offered many trips like that, you know?

And I wasn't saying that the spirits would leave. I meant that Taps would get the ghost angry, then the Taps guys would leave. Not the ghost; the ghost would stay behind to terrorize everyone because Taps ticked them off. Sorry I didn't make that clear. xD

Tir_etoile
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Tir_etoile Send a message via Yahoo to Tir_etoile

Old 12-13-2007, 04:26 PM

I love TAPS. I watch it religiously and it is the Wendsday night line up in my home, we just turn on Scifi and watch all the re-runs until the new episode comes on. We have never missed a live episode(while sadly I am the only one who can stay awake for all of it). I think what attracts me most to the show is the fact that it is a "reality/fantasy" show. It's real people, in real time, hunting things that most consider to be pure fantasy. Now I am a firm believer in ghosts, so shows like this, to me just prove at times that I am not crazy.

I have great respect for these people, expecially Jason and Grant who go out of there way, to bring people something exciting. Plumbers by Day, Hunters by Night.
And how they are very much protective of other peoples children, to me makes them that much better. They know how to help people, they have great interaction ability, and they state all the time. They are out to DISPROVE ghosts, not prove them. If they find something sure they get excited, anyone would.

Though on a side note. I think I am very skeptical of the new show... TAPS International. While I think it would be neat to see them travel to other places and Debunk thing's there... I hate Brian and that mousy, I'm holier than thou and know everything kid. So I don't know how often I will truly watch it. I mean, I want to watch it for the findings/ lack there of. But I know... that there personalities grate on me XD. Now if only they could get Steve to fly....

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-18-2007, 04:06 AM

*to Nephila* Well I understand what you mean but when they do capture something and can't come up with a way to debunk it I get pretty razzed. Also this show makes me feel a little better about the things I have experienced that couldn't be explained. I used to be terrified/intrigued by the paranormal because you think you want to witness something but when you do you almost wish you hadn't. But after watching this and getting a better understanding I'm not so scared anymore. ^ ^
I advise you don't use a Ouija board period because even if you're wanting to see the occult I doubt you want something bad to happen to you or your family/friends. You're asking for trouble even if you think nothing is happening. Throw/burn that thing fast.

*to Thunder* I know! He's an awesome investigator and keeper of the tech stuff! Perhaps they should give him some ambien or something so he can relax because we know he really loves a good chance to see something.
Oooh, okies, I see what you mean. But they wouldn't take the provoking so far to cause the family problems.

*to Tir_etoile* Indeed, that's all I did on Wed too since usually nothing better was on. I can't wait for the new season of TAPS to start up and to bide my time I bought the Ghost Hunters book Jason and Grant wrote and it talks about investigations they had that they either did before SciFi or couldn't show on tv. O.o It's great and you can tell Jason wrote it if you catch my drift. XD *grammar=no* I used to be a HUGE skeptic till I saw things myself and then saw things from the show. I really like that they try to debunk hauntings and put kids first as well. >w< As for the new show I need to read up on that because...is it Brian and Andy you're speaking of? I dunno if it's the original team doing the international stuff or parts of the TAPS family in different countries doing the investigations. I wish Steve could fly somehow. ><

Forgive the long post. ><

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 12-30-2007, 12:17 AM

• I'm very interested in the show. I have been watching since 2005. I become very excited over the evidence they discover through the different parts of the country and even the world. For example, the episode where they traveled to England and I believe Scotland, but I am not too sure about Scotland.

I'm looking forward to Ghost Hunters International and new episodes of Ghost Hunters on Sci-fi.

ai na tenshi
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-30-2007, 02:03 AM

I love watching ghost hunters. I even stay up to see the live halloween event. I learn more about the ghost and other stuff from that show. And I think there from CT too i think?... Whenever i watch it and get into it and some of the stuff scare me. ^^; I never seen ghost but I can hear and feel there around. Guess i'm little gifted. :D

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 AM

*to Senpai* Yeah! They went to Ireland and then over to England. Leap Castle was with the weird demonic entity...I can't remember the term they used and then over to England but I don't remember the name of the place, I need to look it up again. I can't wait for Ghost Hunters to start up again, it's amazin. >w< My favorite episode has to be of St. Augustine Lighthouse, that was awesome.

*to ai na tenshi* I watched the Live broadcasts too and I even caught something and tried to tell them but failed. ><; CT? *puzzled* Some of the stuff they catch on film or EVP I get excited about but usually not too scared. I've...experienced things before *won't go into detail* and there are times I just get odd feelings but I won't say I'm sensitive or something since I'm not sure. Better to say I've seen some things and get weird vibes. XD

Parinia
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Parinia

Old 12-31-2007, 01:18 AM

I love the show. I agree that some of the people on there are really annoying but overall it's a great group.

TAPS = The Atlantic Paranormal Society
(I hate to admit that I often forget this too and had to look it up just now but there you go)

I'd include a link if I wasn't afraid that it might be against the rules since it could be thought of as advertising.

Yeah, if you just watch it in bits and pieces or just catch "bad" episodes where they haven't found anything, naturally you're going to have a very low opinion of it.

But really, it's a great show and I agree that the fact they're just regular guys is a big part of what makes the show so attractive.

Sometimes I have trouble knowing if something I think I've heard or seen is just my imagination or what but other things I'm sure to the core of my being that it really happened.

It's scary sometimes when you kinda live alone and it's night, like just a minute ago as I was typing this out I heard something weird.

(I don't exactly have my own house but I do pretty much have my own life even though I kinda live with my dad and stepmom...It sorta is like having my own house though 'cause I have my own living room and kitchen....I don't like to talk about it much because I know how some people are about the idea of an adult still living with their parents or a parent..even if they have their own lives "outside of me"/apart from me too....err...sorry if some parts don't make much sense)

Even they don't find any evidence of a haunting, it's a really cool show...but...I have a very low opinion of "psychics" , especially ones that charge because it's just so obvious - (except to the stupid people they actually get away with fooling...hah) - that they're con artists. But if they don't charge and don't make "cold predictions" (in other words it isn't obvious that they're just guessing from the person's body language and so on) then I'll think that person is most likely for real unlike most "psychics". The only thing I hate about the show is the stuff they intercut with it because to me that ruins the professionalism...you cut out the silly
computer graphics in between clips from the actual investigation and it would be more professional that way. I realize that scifi is mainly for entertainment in the first place but it's no wonder so many people don't take paranormal investigations seriously when you see the fake ghosts/slides or whatever in between the serious investigations.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-31-2007, 01:56 AM

*to Parinia* Yeah, I find Brian and Andy to be annoying most of the time...mostly it's Andy. XD
By the way in the first post I already put TAPS=The Atlantic Paranormal Society ^ ^; Just wanted to point out cuz I used to forget but I have it down by heart and decided to put it up at the front so everyone could see. ^ ^
I dunno if you'll get in trouble for posting their site but it's better safe than sorry, that's why I left it out. Also the "bad" episodes is kind of a back up to what they do find because if these guys were fake they'd find paranormal activity wherever they visited. Sometimes they come up empty and can't say a place is haunted and don't believe fully in orbs. I like that.
^ ^ It is a great show with regular guys who want to get to the bottom of hauntings or lack there of. >w<
I hear things in my home too when I'm alone that I can't explain so I know what you mean, but most of the time I ignore it. I still live with my mom and bro but thing is I don't have the right job to fund me living alone so to the military next year it is. XD Dun worry, no one judges ya. >w<
I'm not too savvy with psychics either but some are pretty interesting *like the man from Arkansas...twas the Cresent Hotel episode*. I also hated the little "scary" shots they'd put in the episodes and the music bothers me half the time because when they hear something SciFi adds in the "dramatic spooky" track. ><; In season 3 they actually stopped doing the dumb pics, now we need to harp about the music. XD

clueless_master
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 01-08-2008, 08:22 PM

have not seen the newest TAPS yet when is it on again?

please pm the anwser to me

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2008, 05:20 AM

*to clueless_master* Pm sent. ^ ^

If anyone else wants to know the new episodes start at 6/7pm January 9th with the new episode at the St. Augustine Lighthouse where they investigate again, followed by the premiere of Ghost Hunters International!
So don't miss these two episodes!
SciFi is holding a Ghost Hunters Marathon all day so get ready to be in the mood for some paranormal/non-paranormal goodness. >w<

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-15-2008, 10:18 PM

*Reminder post*
Well Ghost Hunters International just aired last week and is going to air another new episode tomorrow.
What I would like to know is what did you guys think about the new off season show? Did you like it better? Is the team agreeable to your standards or can't stray away from good ol' Jason and Grant?

Personally I thought it was the perfect cover up to get rid of Andy and Brian. XD J/k
During the episode I was really missing Jason and Grant and can't wait for flippin March but this show will tide me over...maybe. XD