Q U E E N ! E
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2008, 11:09 PM

I'm not talking about a charity on an avatar site, I'm talking about a REAL Charity.
There are so many charities out there, but at times I feel frustrated with them.
Red Cross uses most of the money you donate to pay their own workers, charities celebrities make are there for tax purposes, and most Children charities are religious.
If you had the ability to make a Charity, who would you make it for? How would you run it?

What about things you hate about most Charities?
:yumeh:

Last edited by Q U E E N ! E; 08-08-2008 at 12:32 AM..

Eecho Xii
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 PM

I would love to make a charity for animals because I really love animals. Not that I don't like people..but I mean animals need help too. xD The only thing I don't like..or more accurately worry about is if the money they get is really being used for what they say they are. xD

Neko Neko Kitty
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Neko Neko Kitty Send a message via Yahoo to Neko Neko Kitty

Old 08-07-2008, 11:16 PM

Well I want to own my own animal shelter one day and would love to open a charity to help run it. Since I would have other sources of income all of the donated money would go to running the shelter and helping pay for the animals vet care and food.

Bear

I'd want to make a charity that helps out homeless drug and alcohol addicts.
I'd want to have sheltered accomodation where they could stay safely, counselling and rehab facilities. Also a retraining centre that will either teach them skills they can use to get employment or spruce up any exisiting workforce training they may have. Maybe have the retraining cente affiliated with a temping agency, so they can get work experience too to go on their CV's to give them better chances of moving on.

There seem to be so many charities that help families and kids, but I don't see all that much help for single adults out there and I see too many people saying "Oh, they got themselves addicted to drugs or alcohol, why should we help?"
If we ignored everyone that made a bad choice in life, we'd never help anyone let alone help ourselves.

Heavens_Blade
⊙ω⊙

For child abuse. Most definitely.

Sadistix_Love
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2008, 11:21 PM

Charity, hmm, I'm not really sure. There are plenty going towards people in unfortunate countries, same with cancer. So I have not a clue...

Q U E E N ! E
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2008, 11:33 PM

Personally, I'd love to make a charity for scholarships. And not the "Oh, look at my grades!" type, but the "I'm not legal/no parental support/Is a single parent" deal.
It frustrates me so much when I see people who should be going to college, but can't not because of their grades, but because of circumstances.

Allura Minelle
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2008, 11:37 PM

I would make a charity for children adoption houses.

New clothes, new beds, better food, cleaner environment. And maybe even extra to treat a kid on their birthday.

[L]ady_[L]uck
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2008, 11:59 PM

Since I'm in Nursing School, I would probably do a free clinic sort of charity...especially for the children population. <33

is now closed
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 12:05 AM

I want to make a shelter for the homeless youth. Cause I know there's shelters around where I live, however I've had friends that have stayed there and they tell me how coruptted it is.
So I want to make one where all the workers are always tested for drugs, and are monitored very well. So that they can't get away with abusing the people we're here to protect, or trying to sell them drugs, or try and have relations with them...
I would make the Charity to take care of the youth.

DemonicFreak
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 AM

I would make one for penguins and polar bears.
I would give them a nice home away from the global warming and other stuff.

Supporter of the Arctic animals all the way man!!

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-08-2008, 01:38 AM

I really can't think of a charity that I would make that doesn't already exist. I would probably end up making a charity to protect wolves, but I'm sure something like that already exists.

flowerpuff
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-08-2008, 03:57 AM

I hate how only a certain percentage goes to the actual cause, they should only use what they need to keep it running, not keep it. I would run a charity for abused kids and young mothers. It's a huge problem everwhere, or a charity for the Planet.

FlyPanda
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to FlyPanda

Old 08-08-2008, 04:04 AM

hmmm i'm thinking about running a charity to raise money for abused animals and stuff like running campaigns, making commercials, and ads. I would probably get a bunch of people that have the same opinion as me (that are willing to volunteer) and make a group called (FlyPanda)'s Charity for abused animals (somethin like that)

Zoroastra
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 04:15 AM

I live in Canada and though we have free health care we don't have free Dental care. There have been many articles in the paper about how most of us in this country can't afford dental care and how it's driving people to poverty.

For example one of the articles was about a single working mother who had an infection in several of her teeth and needed root canals but could not afford them, since she had missing teeth already, having them pulled out would require her to get some sort of dental appliance to be able to eat. Which she could also not afford. Because she was in so much pain she missed several days of work and that meant she could not buy enough food for her children.

What really pisses me off is I see so many dental organizations offering discounted or free dental care for children, but no one thinks of the adults who must work to provide for these children. A single mother cannot afford to miss work because she is in pain, Why aren't there free dental clinics for adults too.

Anyway, I would open a charity that provides free dental care to low-income families and individuals including the adults, not just the children.

Deranged Insanity
Self-Proclaimed Pumpkin Princess

Old 08-08-2008, 04:43 AM

I don't think I'd have enough effort to make a charity work, honestly.
It's a whole lot of work @_@! Not that I wouldn't try and then fail. u_u

I don't like how most of the charity's nowadays take about 40-60% of the funds.
or something along those lines. D:

Caroline
stay gold

Old 08-08-2008, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
I'd want to make a charity that helps out homeless drug and alcohol addicts.
I'd want to have sheltered accomodation where they could stay safely, counselling and rehab facilities. Also a retraining centre that will either teach them skills they can use to get employment or spruce up any exisiting workforce training they may have. Maybe have the retraining cente affiliated with a temping agency, so they can get work experience too to go on their CV's to give them better chances of moving on.

There seem to be so many charities that help families and kids, but I don't see all that much help for single adults out there and I see too many people saying "Oh, they got themselves addicted to drugs or alcohol, why should we help?"
If we ignored everyone that made a bad choice in life, we'd never help anyone let alone help ourselves.
I'd make something similar -- a charity for drug addicts and dealers in general who want to get out of that lifestyle. I guess it would be more of a shelter and rehabilitation center than a charity. Most of these people are not bad individuals; they simply made bad decisions and it's hard as hell to reverse the consequences, especially with basically zero support, understanding, and empathy from our society.

Dayla
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoroastra View Post
I live in Canada and though we have free health care we don't have free Dental care. There have been many articles in the paper about how most of us in this country can't afford dental care and how it's driving people to poverty.

For example one of the articles was about a single working mother who had an infection in several of her teeth and needed root canals but could not afford them, since she had missing teeth already, having them pulled out would require her to get some sort of dental appliance to be able to eat. Which she could also not afford. Because she was in so much pain she missed several days of work and that meant she could not buy enough food for her children.

What really pisses me off is I see so many dental organizations offering discounted or free dental care for children, but no one thinks of the adults who must work to provide for these children. A single mother cannot afford to miss work because she is in pain, Why aren't there free dental clinics for adults too.

Anyway, I would open a charity that provides free dental care to low-income families and individuals including the adults, not just the children.
I live in the US but, yes, this is what I would do, too. So much for the kids but nothing for the adults.

Trueessence
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-08-2008, 11:05 AM

I would make a animal shelter to protect wolves. To keep them safe in the wild.

I would also like to run a dog / cat shelter for lost or abandoned to be rehomed.

yar im pocky
pocky

Old 08-08-2008, 11:21 AM

I don't think I'd make a charity. It be hard for me to run one.

Q U E E N ! E
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Well, lets not think about the actual 'running' it. I would just like to see what people think deserves help.
To everyone its different. Some want to help children, others junkies, I want to help give scholarships. Neither are more important than the next, but what you have lived through changes what you would like to see.
I can't go to college, so I want a scholarship charity, for example.

Railias
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 07:09 PM

A charity for the veterans or disabled. I have some family members that have been through the korean war and they are disabled and some missing body parts.

SnowBunny
Rico's Angel

Old 08-08-2008, 07:18 PM

I've always said if I ever got lucky 'nuff to win the lottery,ha I know right lol,I would start a wildlife rehab/therapeutic riding center for Vets,that would entail Vets caring for abandoned/orphaned/injured wildlife and riding horses to help recover from injuries.Animals and troop support are my pet causes,so yeah,I'd love to find a way to combine the 2 and do some good for both. I dunno if it would be considered as charity,but thats the closest thing I can come to.I'd probably have to have people with more business like minds to handle the boring stuff,like taxes n all,cos I would prefer to be hands on,and not behind a book.

Add pets there too! Cant neglect domestic critters.

Q U E E N ! E
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railias View Post
A charity for the veterans or disabled. I have some family members that have been through the korean war and they are disabled and some missing body parts.
I'm a pacifist, but I also have to say that it pisses me off the this government doesn't do more for the people who have fought in wars and now can't work.

Embella
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-08-2008, 11:49 PM

Im not sure if making another charity is the best bet. But id get behind another. Something to do with Africa and aids etc