TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-24-2011, 02:49 AM

The Interdimentional Ocean of Fire

~*~*~***~*~*~

"A great sage once said, 'when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade'. I'm not sure how that phrase came to be, but it's got some truth to it."
-Fall, former member of the remnants of the Royal Air Force

Those of you who have recieved this transmission may or may not have heard of the Ocean of Fire, a great race accross the Arabian desert on the uninhabitable Earth. There are several differences between this race, and its ancient counterpart, however.

The first is that this race not only encompasses the Universe of our own, but also the universes connected to this one. Also, needless to say, this race is done in interdimentional starships instead of on the backs of horses. As such, a crew is required for competition.

Gather your crews, competitors, and prep your starships. You will be competing against men and women and other beings from other planets, other galaxies, and other universes for the shot of a lifetime.

The gift of the gods; the abilities of a Walker.

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-24-2011, 06:04 AM

Name: Himedal
Height: 6'
Weight:196 lbs
Background: Will be revealed as the RP progresses.
Race: White Mage

Name: Taisuke
Height:5'
Weight: 128 lbs
Background: Will be revealed as the story progresses.
Race: Black Mage

That good?

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-24-2011, 09:30 PM

Yep

Name: Fall
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 185 lbs
Background: Fall was once a member of the remnants of the Royal Air Force. He loved being a member of that unit, so why did he leave? Well, he didn't exactly go willingly. As of now, he is the remnant of the Royal Air Force. In a clash against a race of aliens, the RAF was completely annihilated, leaving only Fall alive. The full story behind Fall will be revealed as the RP progresses.
Race: Human, trained as a fighter pilot and sniper.
Appearance: http://hikarihellion.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d47xe24

Name: Utake
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 201 lbs
Background: For whatever reason, Utake was born without the ability to feel emotions of any kind. He can literally remember everything, not kidding. From the most obvious pillar to the tiniest detail, he remembers it all. Every second of his life he can recall perfectly, except maybe those of when he was a baby (which is rather understandable). In other words, he's like a human DVR. Because of this and his lack of emotions he eats no meat whatsoever--he says it always makes him throw up. Which it does.
Race: 75% human, 25% nymph
Appearance: http://hikarihellion.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d47xq07

Name: Quinn
Height: 6'
Weight: 150
Background: Quinn can't remember anything from before he was 18. There's something that's a bit off about him, though he is a rather nice person. Yeah, he likes playing with dangerous chemicals, has a collection of poisons, and likes seeing stuff blow up, but he's got a good heart. But what makes it rather odd about him is that he has a tendancy to be a beserker when he's set off. He doesn't even know what his race he is or his birthday. About the only thing he knows about himself is the fact that he isn't attracted to girls.
Oh, and he's practically addicted to caffiene. He's a serious insomniac, so getting him to go to bed is like pulling teeth.
Race: Unknown
Appearance: http://hikarihellion.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d47xp7y

Last edited by TaiyoTsuki; 08-27-2011 at 05:36 AM..

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-25-2011, 01:30 AM

Ok, you wanna put up the first post?

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-25-2011, 02:06 AM

Sure!
Let's start out with an introduction here.....

-----

Fall turned away from the transmission. He rubbed his eyes. An interdimentional Ocean of Fire race...and he was being invited to compete. Where the hell will I find a crew, though? He thought. Idly, he fingered the old RAF rank he had on his collar. Even though the Royal Air Force technically no longer existed, he still wore the rank of Colonel--the rank he had been before his fellow pilots had been annihilated. He looked out to the stars through the window of his old fighter.

"The powers of a Walker," He whispered in awe. He'd heard of them, but here he was being offered the chance to join the ranks of those mysterious immortals. It was almost too good to be true.

Utake scanned the transmission in less than a second, yet he had managed to take in the entire thing and remember exactly what it had said. If he could, he would have felt amazed. As he lacked emotions, he didn't feel anything. He only considered if he should enter. Might be interesting, he thought. He then frowned. But who would be my partners in this competition...?

Quinn excused himself, grinning, from the dance club. It was raver night, so he was wearing neon clothing and jewelry, and had spray-dyed his hair glow in the dark green and blue for the occasion. He took the padd from his belt and took a look at the message that adorned it. His jaw dropped. Him, Quinn, the one guy in the system who had no freaking clue who he was, was being asked to participate in the legendary race--the Interdimentional Ocean of Fire.

His grin got even bigger. "YES!" He shouted, fist-pumping the air. The people around him stared. Quinn didn't care; it was finally his time to show what he was made of. Even better, the grand prize; the gift of being a Walker. Underneath his elation, he saw it as a chance to finally discover who he was. He didn't have a history, that he knew of, and he wanted to have one so badly.

He smiled and sent his promise to compete.

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-25-2011, 02:47 AM

Himedal was patroling the area of his kingdom. He was taking a break from his hospital duties. Being the healer of the kingdom had it's disadvantages. People always begging him to to heal them or regenerate their lost limbs. Suddenly he had the vision with the messege. "A chance to leave the kingdom.. But if I leave who will take over? maybe I should train someone." He spoke alowed.

Taisuke was sitting in the old dead tree he had sat in for years when he was not feeling happy. Which was not very often. Being a master of black magic made people tend to dislike him. Then for them to find out he was gay made things even worse. Pulling his knees up to his chest his head suddenly snapped back and his eyes began to glow as the messege passed through his brain. "At least I can get away from these people... And maybe... Just maybe find love." He spoke as he stood up his eyes began to glow as he slamed the bottom of his staff into the ground where is stuck as a pentagram spread from the hit point. He clapped his hands together and slowly pulled them apart speaking a chant in and Elvin language there was a bright flash as he was gone.

((Hows that for a first post?))

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 AM

((I like it!))

Fall sighed and made his decision. "Can't hurt to try," he said. "Keep calm and carry on, as the old Earthers used to say."

With that he laid in a course for the meeting planet. Syncora, in the Andromeda galaxy. It would take months for all of the competitors to gather, which gave him the time to traverse the space and, with luck, find those who would be willing to be on his team. "Time for one last flight, old girl." He muttered as he went into high warp.

Utake yelled for the mag-lev train to wait up. He had to get to the transport platform, and soon. The message had come with authorization for anyone competing to credit the transporation costs to the ones who organized the race to pay. Despite the fact that he couldn't feel happiness or joy or fear, or even sadness, he was looking forward to the competition. He'd worry about a crew when he got to the meeting planet.

Quinn headed home once the dance club was closing. He was a bit dissapointed that he couldn't find anyone to spend a night with. After all, living in an old, flightless interdimentional warpship alone was rather dull. Then it hit him. Interdimentional warpship. He lived in one; he had the means to compete already. And he knew as well as anybody that the ion drives in those things never drained, no matter how long they sat idle.

All Quinn had to do was get the thing to fly again, and get it out of the atmosphere so that he could make his way to the other side of the quadrant; to the planet Syncora. If he was lucky, he'd find a companion for the journey there.

((How long should we wait before the characters meet up?))

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-25-2011, 04:26 AM

Himedal had made his choice. A few days had passed and in that time he had made enough postions and mixtures for anything that might go amiss while he was away. Walking out side adorned in his most pressious white robe with blue stripes through it. Taking his staff and spinning infront of him leaving it there spinning he clasped his hands together and began to chant. his hair billowed out behind him and his eyes began to glow suddenly he was just gone.

There was a bright flash and then a man. Taisuke stood there looking around. "Seems I am the first one here... Either that or this is just a set up... Would not be the first time..." He thought to himself sadly when he thought about his past. "Not like I am not used to being dissapointed... Oh well. I will just wait and see. This is the spot..." He sat down holding his staff in his arms.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 AM

"My, that was fast." A proctor said when he saw the young man appeared via teleportation spell. "I take it this means you are competing in the race?"

Quinn wiped his brow as he worked on the console. He was surprised by how little maintinance he needed to take care of to get the ship that had been his home for the last few years fully running again. On the planet he was living on, it had only been about a week.

He patted the wall of the ship. "You'll be flying again soon," he said quietly.

"WAIT!!!!" Utake shouted. "I...I've got to get on that transport!" he panted.

The transporter operator gave him a funny look. "And why would that be, kid?" He asked.

Utake held up the transmission on his data pad. "The ocean of fire race. I'm competing."

The transporter operator took a look at the message. He handed the pad back to Utake. "Get on, kid." He said. Utake nodded his thanks and did as the operator said.

Fall inputted coordinates in his console to get him to Andromeda. From there, he'd be able to get charts from the nearest human settlement and make his way to Syncora. "Here we go," he said, punching in the final order to open the warpgate to Andromeda. In a single pinprick of light, Fall's personal fighter was on its way through intergalactic space.

Last edited by TaiyoTsuki; 08-25-2011 at 04:57 AM..

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-25-2011, 05:16 AM

With a bright flash of light Himedal appeared in the circle of light and began looking around seeing two other sitting by a tree he walked over to them. "Is this the spot for the Ocean of Fire?" He asked kindly holding his staff behind his back and leaning foreward. Ignoring the black magic user.

"Yes. I am here for the race. I was hoping this was not another set up. Either way at least I found the right place." He said in his normal dead tone with his face impassive. Then jumped a little when the White mage appeared. him being the natural opposite he shrunk away a bit and hissed lightly while the white one ignored him.

((Am I doing well?))

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-25-2011, 05:25 AM

((Yeahp, you're doing fine ^^))

The proctor nodded. "Good. The rest of the contestants will be arriving over the next month." He said. He motioned to the young man in front of him and the one who had just appeared. "You two are the first to arrive."

Fall's ship emerged close to a blue giant star--B-type, most likely. He checked what few maps he had of the Andromeda galaxy; he was in orbit around the right planet all right; Syncora. He chuckled at his luck. "Well, it looks like I won't be needing to get those charts after all." He said.

Utake settled into his seat on the transport. It would be a week for them to reach the planet Syncora, where he was getting off, but it would be worth it. The way Utake saw it, he could worry about finding a crew once he was on the planet with the rest of the competitors.

Quinn yawned. He looked at his chronometer on his wrist and his eyes bulged. It was almost three in the morning! He'd been working on the old engine all night! "Yeow. I've really gotta stop doing that," he said as he got up. He dusted off his knees and stretched. He placed a hand on the engine. "I'll be back tomorrow to finish getting you up and running buddy." He said before leaving the area.

Last edited by TaiyoTsuki; 08-26-2011 at 12:47 AM..

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-26-2011, 04:14 AM

The two boys looked at eachother for a few moments and the turned away from one another. Being exact opposites they did not want to so much as look at eachother. "Twould seem we need to wait here for the others.". Himedal spoke cheerily.

((Sorry... Now there really is nothing I can do until your people arrive XD))

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-26-2011, 04:22 AM

((Maybe...a minor fast-forward is in order?))

Fall keyed in the commands for his descent into the atmosphere. "Easy there," he said absently as the engine rumbled deeply. "I know you haven't done atmospheric landings in a while, but you'll be fine."

Utake fell asleep as the transport pulled out of the star system. In only a matter of days, he was going to be a competitor in the grandest race in the universe--no, the multiverse.

Quinn flopped into bed without bothering to put on his pajamas. After all that work he'd done on the engine of the ship he called home the past several hours, he only bothered to strip down to his boxers. He smiled contentedly as he curled up in the blankets. Ocean of Fire, here I come. he thought as he drifted off to sleep.

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-26-2011, 04:27 AM

((Yeah... Cause I cant do anything right now.. I was hoping you would make that post about them all doing what they do up until they arrived... :/

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-26-2011, 04:46 AM

((Okies. That should help get the storyling moving ^^))

A week passed, and competitors from all over not just this universe, but from other dimentions as well started gathering to the planet Syncora. Fall had been observing the competition, trying to determine exactly who he would be able to trust on his team. So far, no one.

Utake arrived a week after he'd gotten his transmission. When he finally took his first steps in Syncora's lower gravity, he found himself beginning to wonder if he really was dreaming. He banished the thought from his mind. For now, this was his reality. He'd been making his way through the throng until he found someone up a tree.

"Hello?" He asked the young man. He had a staff leaning up against the trunk. "I guess it's safe to assume that you're a competitor."

Quinn was grinning from ear to ear. He was finally getting this old ship off the planet. His home was going spaceward. "Goodbye, Mars." He whispered as he let the thrusters push him out of orbit. Once he was far enough away from Phobos and Deimos to be sure he was out of the gravity well, he fired up the ion drive and laid in a heading for Syncora, in the Andromeda galaxy.

He leaned back and let the automatic navigation do the rest of the work once he was in the warp corridor. "Three days and I'm there," he whispered in awe. He grinned like an idiot. "I CAN'T WAIT!!!"

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-26-2011, 05:34 AM

Taisuke looked down from where he had been sitting in the tree. He left his black staff with the adorning skull on the ground to make it easier for him to climb. When he heard someone he jumped a bit. No one ever willingly talked to him so he was a bit at a loss for words. "Umm Hi there." He said in his usual emotionless tone. "Yes. I am a competitor. I take it you are one as well?" His gloomy and dark appearance did not take away from his good looks and beautiful dark green eyes.
Himedal watched from a distance with a small smile on his face. "So. They have begun to arrive have they?" He had seen a man arrive in a flying contraption of some sort and he was just skulking around. He had put a small invisablity spell upon himself so as not to be seen but he had no clue of these peoples abilities and wondered if they still saw him. Being a white mage he did not have many attack spells, but he had a great many and very powerful defence and healing abilities. He figured most people would want that black mage over there for their team. He did not need to know the man to know he had powerful attack spells. People always take power over safety... he looked down sadly for a moment he white robes suddenly turning a dark grey.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-26-2011, 05:43 AM

Utake nodded. "Yes, I am." He replied. "Though...I'm in need of a team rather badly. And from the looks of it, it appears you don't either." As usual, his eyes and face were devoid of emotion. "You willing to team up?"

Quinn opened an eye when he heard the beeping. He looked through the viewer--he'd reached Syncora. He couldn't help but squeak in anticipation. "Computer, transport me directly to the surface." He said.

The ship's computer gave the affirmative tone and transported Quinn directly to the planet. He stretched and saw an outline of sorts of somebody. He cocked his head and headed in the direction of the shimmering outline.

When he reached it he stood beside him or her and stuck his hands in his pockets. "You seem a bit dissapointed about something." He told the person's outline.

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-26-2011, 05:51 AM

Himedal jumped slightly when someone spoke from beside him. "It.... It's nothing..." He told the man letting his invisibility disapear to reveal himself along with his staff. "Just waiting for everyone else here to show up." He spoke clamly to the man and put on his best fake smile hopign that the other man would not catch on.

'He wants to team up? With me? Does he even know what I am?' he thought to himself before shrugging OK. "I guess. Not like I have much else to do." He said still emotionless but a small blush dusted his cheeks. 'he's kinda cute to..' He thought to himself as he blush grew a little.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-26-2011, 10:40 PM

"Same here," Quinn said. He gave a playful smirk. "I've got a ship too. So, if you want to team up, just ask."

"That's all the excuse I need." Another man said behind him. Quin turned. The man approaching him was of average height, stocky build, and was wearing military-style pilot's armor. On his collar a rank insignia was pinned. He spoke in the clipped tones of an Englishman. "The only ship I've got is an old one-man fighter jet. Not the best for an interdimentional race." He held out his hand. "The name's Fall."

Quinn took the hand and shook it. "I'm Quinn." he replied.

Utake nodded. "Great," he said. He stuck his hands in his pockets and looked around. "Now all we need is a ship...or someone with a ship already....."

Last edited by TaiyoTsuki; 08-28-2011 at 08:18 AM..

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-28-2011, 08:07 AM

The white mage looked at them for a moment. "So how exactly did you know I was there? I had my invisiblity on..." He said a bit discouraged by it not working.

"We do not need a ship. I have the power of IITD (Instant Inter-Dimentional Transportation). Besides. It would seem that those two that arrived in ships are teaming up with that while mennis!" Taisuke hissed the last few words and tried to scoot himself through the tree in a vain attempt and getting farther from te white mage. "By the way. My name is Taisuke." He said once again emotionless.

((I think it would be kinda cool to split them into two teams. One with a Black mage and One with a White mage. What do you think?))

Last edited by Angeal Pureheart; 08-28-2011 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: grammar

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-28-2011, 05:22 PM

((Sounds cool to me!))

Quinn shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure myself," he replied. "All I could see was the air around you, uh, shimmmering a little bit, rather than seeing you exactly." He gave a small nervous giggle. "I'm not really sure how it works to be honest."

"I am Utake." Utake replied. He raised an eyebrow. "And how would you know what he is like? Have you met him before?"

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 PM

"Interesting. Well, we don't need a shipe for transport." He said matter a factly feeling very good about himself and his abilites. "And we wont need to worry about any injuries." He spoke. "Except for decapitation... I may be able to pull a heart out of thin air.... But not a whole head..." He said a little sadly at his inability.

"I do not need to have met him. You see, he is a White Mage. Tought in the ways of Healing and Protecting." He looked down. "I am a Black Mage. Tought in the ways of Death, Destruction, and Chaos." He smirked. "We are complete opposites and just being near him urks me to no end. Thanks to being a Black Mage people tend to avoid me. I came to this challenge with the thought of doing it on my own." He looked a little sad. "Being gay does not help my problems either." He spoke softly hoping the other guy would not hear.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-28-2011, 11:25 PM

Utake blinked. "Why is being gay a problem?" He asked. "Don't feel bad; people tend to avoid me as well. It comes with the territory when you're...me."

"That's understandable," Fall said. "So you're a healer. I've never met one before. Then again, I haven't met very many magic-users in a long time."

Quinn smiled. He was liking Himedal already. He wasn't quite sure about Fall just yet, as he didn't seem to be much for talking. "Well, the ship I've got is...well.....it's been my home for a few years anyway. I'm a little attached....."

Fall gave him a look. "You...live in a warpship?" He asked.

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-28-2011, 11:48 PM

Taisuke looked down at the boy. "Because. People fear what they do not understand. When they fear they attack." He spoke venom in his words from a lotf of experience. Standing up he jumped down from the tree and landed on his feet and one knee. Standing and turning so his back was to the other male he stripped his upper robes off leaving them held to his body by the waist ropes. Now with his bare back exposed there were hundreds of nasty looking scars crisscrossing his back and shoulder blades." He turned his head so that the corner ofnhis eye could be seen. "This is what's wrong with being gay..." He spoke some emotion slipping into his voice as a tear rolled down his face.

Himedal smiled if you can tell me the coordinates of your home world I can send it there where it will be safe. Or I can shrink it down and keep it safely hidden away if you like." He smiled at the man and held his staff a little closer while waiting for the other to decide.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-29-2011, 12:19 AM

"My best friend's gay." Utake pointed out. "And you won't have to worry about that with me. I have no emotions. I was born without them."

Fall made a face. "Wait....you can do that interdimentional transport thingy?" He asked. "Er....I think I'd rather we stay in the ship. I've done transports like that before, and it's always messed up my system...."

"Just as well," Quinn said. "There've been far too many people try and steal my home--ship, whatever--when I've been away. This is the first time in a long time I've been off Mars." He shrugged. "And I'm sorry, but I don't know my homeworld. I don't really know anything about myself...." Apart from the fact that I'm gay. He thought to himself.