Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 04-23-2013, 03:06 AM

"Did you happen to get an idea of its size or what it looked like?" He could already tell how strong it was based off of what Eden was telling him now but he was a little curious as to how bit they were. "And how did you find this room?" As he helped her stand up and got a good look around the room he was amazed at all the bloodstains in there. They were freakishly strong and were killing humans in one hit. Meaning they knew exactly how hard to hit a human to kill it. "Practicing?" The incomplete thought rolled off of his tongue reflexively.

At this point, Thane barely registered the kiss that he received but he returned it with a smile. He was thinking about whether or not it was worth continuing on tonight with her head injury. If it had been any other injury it would have probably been easier to make a choice but he didn't want Eden to pass out or anything while they were down there and not know exactly how many they were dealing with. Still, she said she would be fine and Thane wanted to trust her. "Fine, let's explore the sewers briefly, but if you start to feel too out of it to carry on tell me. We have plenty of time left to finish this mission," he demanded of her.

Walking to the gargoyle made entrance he equipped a gas mask from his SDP and jumped down onto the walkway. When Eden was ready she jumped down into his arms. It was extremely dark down here with the only light coming from the light orb that Eden had set up above. After setting her down he equipped his visor again and looked around at his now visible surroundings. There were claw marks everywhere from where the gargoyles had been running around and there were trails of blood leading in multiple directions. Looking to his partner he said, "We stay together. Now which way do you think it went?"

Triquetra
I am the kinda person that runs ...

Old 04-23-2013, 04:43 PM

"No, I just saw shadows. And I felt like I was being pulled down here. Its tricky to explain." Everything had happened so fast, she tried to remember. It had felt as though a song played threw her mind. Luring her down the hall way and into the room. The song was something she did not recognize, and Eden only assumed it was a language they spoke, or something someone else had taught them. It was a strange sensation. And the fact it had been enough to caught her off guard frightened Eden slightly. If they could get a normal human in the same fashion she had just gone threw, no wonder why so many people were missing. And because of the misuse of the hallway, it was no wonder no one had found the place.

"I will." Eden assured him. The pain medicine was kicking in and helping with the pain she was bound to feel. Her body was in shock though, and therefore she did not really feel the full force of the blow. At least just yet. She took a mask out and pulled it over her face. They were still the sewers after all. Thane jumped down first into the darkness. Eden followed suit along with the little orb. The sight was unbelievable. Impressive really. Eden ran her fingers along the wall as she still brought a floating probe out. It flew down the tunnels, a red laser scanned everything it came across. Sending Eden the information right to her glasses, which she had just placed over her nose.

"It picked something up just ahead." Eden said to Thane. Continuing forward. Luckily there was a path. Turning the corner came a sight that even Eden was not prepared for. There were bodies laying everywhere. Parts separated and piled high, almost touching the ceiling. Most were rotting, but there were many fresh kills. Too many in fact. Eden turned away and took a few breaths. Composing herself before getting back to business. She had scene this sight only once before, but it had been ten bodies, and only a few normal gargoyles. She turning back around. "None of them have heads." Eden said, having a bit of trouble analyzing. Mainly because her glassing were feeding her information that the probe was finding. The probe turned the corner again, and a fist came out of no where and destroyed it. The gargoyle whom had attacked Eden thundered around the corner. Cracking bones as it climbed over the bodies. It had a hole next to its heart already. Showing Eden had started the process.

Marsyas

Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 PM

Thane followed his partner into the sewer tunnels in hopes of finding something particularly useful. This mission had already turned out to be a success in some ways and particularly painful in others. They really couldn't risk a long term conflict with the monsters with Eden in her condition and he still had no idea what exactly they were dealing with here and that bothered him. Too many unknowns were dangerous in this line of work, especially when everything they hunted wanted to kill them.

The sight that they ran up on was appalling and amazing all the same. Those numerous bodies, both fresh and rotting, without head stacked up nearly to the ceiling of the sewer. A frightening thought occurred to Thane as he realized none of the bodies had heads. He would have to discuss that later with Eden once she was rested and better. Then Eden's light orb slowed around the corner and went dark. He could hear the steps of the creature approaching. The weight of the monster crushed the bones of the bodies as it stepped over the bodies like a pile of trash.

There was a dent in the body of creature exposing a small piece of its beating heart but not enough that it would die in one simple blow. Finally getting to see the beast face to face was a little daunting. The gargoyle was likely twice the size of an above average height human, but it had a slender torso for such a long frame. Both it's arms and legs were bulky making the stone creature look muscular to the eyes. It had the face of a serpent or dragon with glowing red eyes and a mouth full of razor sharp teeth. Hand's and feet were raptor like having three claws on each hand and foot. Not to mention that the end of it's tail was shaped in the form of a mace. Likely meant to smash any opponents trying to attack it from the back.

"Damn. That's the biggest gargoyle I've ever seen,"
Thane said. Immediately he pulled out his swords and attacked. Thane was fast. Well, abnormally fast, it was one of the traits that he'd taken as a Gift. It was really beneficial but a double edged blade. It was hard to maintain unnatural speeds like this without putting a huge strain on his body. So he wanted to end this quick. The two clashed violently, and a high speed battle began while they darted around their surroundings but stayed away from Eden.

To his surprise and dismay, the gargoyles really were highly enhanced. It was able to keep up with him for the most part as he attacked ferociously with the two blades. His advantage was, with each exchange they made, the gargoyle lost a body part, or a chunk of one. When the gargoyle seemed to notice that it was losing too much of its body Thane was slammed to the ground by club of the tail of the beast. The attack had been so sudden an unexpected, that he hadn't had enough time to react. All he did was position himself to minimize the impact.

A large cloud of dust had appeared from his landing since he'd left a minor crater in the floor, but wasn't hurt to seriously. When the dust had cleared the gargoyle was gone. "Shit. It got away."

Triquetra

Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 PM

Before Eden could even react, Thane was on the creature. using his speed against the great beast. Eden, knowing she could not hold her own decided to record the creature. Her eyes stayed on the fight. Gathering data. But within half a minute, Thane was thrown into a wall. Eden shot a few times at the creature. Missing twice, and hitting it once. Once as all she needed for the tracker t embed itself in the monster. But it did not slow down as it ran. Once she was sure the creature was gone, Eden ran over to Thane. He appeared fine. Moving in such a way that would avoid a ton of damage. "Are you alright?" She asked him, helping him to his feet.

"That thing.. my god." Eden said. Although she had felt its power earlier, she considered herself lucky to only have a head wound. It was ridiculous how enhanced it was. And that was only one. Once Thane had answered her. She brought out her entire stock of probes, and set them all loose. Between the tracker on the gargoyle, and the probes finding where it went, they could leave.

"Lets head back." Eden said as she reached up and touched he head. Finally starting to feel the impact. What Eden did not know right now was the attack actually damaged her chip. Taking it offline for the time being. She felt odd, but Eden excused it for the had wound.

Marsyas

Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 AM

Accepting Eden help up, he was a little woozy. He had minimized the impact and still taken a hard blow. It was astounding how strong those things are. "I'm fine," he told her. She was right in saying they needed to head back. Fighting those things either needed a plan or he needed to find a power to add to his Gift that was affective against them. This was ridiculous.

He returned his weapons to the SDP and they left the station. They were back at their spot in less than ten minutes. "I'll call a doc to come take a look at you," he told Eden as he helped her into bed. There was so much going through his mind right now but she needed help right now. He got on his SDP and made the call explaining their situation and requesting that a physician be assigned to them personally and come immediately. Once everything was situated he brought her another glass of water and sat down on the bed next to his partner.

"How you feeling? The doctor should be here within the next half hour so don't worry. And I had them give us the best one they had as a personal physician for us during the duration of our stay so we should be in good hands." He placed a gentle kiss on her lips as reassurance, and gave her a smile.

Triquetra

Old 04-24-2013, 02:22 AM

The ride back to the penthouse was very quick. Faster then she even remembered getting there. She did not pay too much attention to Thane's driving this time around. But he probably was not driving on the designated streets. How else would they make it so fast. Luckily, they did not draw too much attention in the apartments. Last thing they needed was the door man to call an ambulance. Not with the amount of modifications in their bodies. It would make the hospital call the police, then it would simply turn into a mess. That was the story from another pair of partners at least. Thane led her upstairs and right into bed. He then called a doctor. Eden had to wonder if she looked worse than she felt. Then again Thane was very protective.

Eden closed her eyes. Trying hard not to fall asleep. With a head injury, that was the worst thing she could do. But part of her was trying to convince logic otherwise. Especially with her head to the comfortable pillow. She felt Thanes lips gently brush against her own. "Like a gargoyle caught me off guard." She answered with a smile. "Thats good. I'm sure we will.. need it." Eden said to Thane. Her eyes remained closed. After twenty minutes there came a knock on the door. What was good about personal doctors. They were all part of the agency. Maybe not directly. But they worked with the agents, and knew how to handle certain injuries other doctors would not even begin to know. He was an older man, possibly in his sixties. With him he had a bag filled with items, and a smile that would even make a child melt.

"Hello. I am Doctor Nelson Hill. I was called not too long ago. Can you tell me what happened?" He asked Thane. He was lead into the room where Eden was where he pulled a chair over and started to take a look at her while Thane explained. Dr Hill could tell the agent was leaving details out, but it was not like he needed to know everything. A monster caught her off guard and flung her into the wall. It was impressive, though freighting to know such creatures of the night existed. He had to wonder what was plaguing the city enough to call out two agents. But at the same time he did not wish to know. He would continue to patch up the agents if it meant they were protecting innocent lives.

"Her skull has been cracked, even threw the plating you agents have. But after two days it should be back to normal. Just as long as you don't take another hit like that. I'm going to leave you some pain medicine, and stitch it up." With that he had Eden lean forward as he sprayed a bit of foam into the wound. The foam acted like stitched, but would also help the speed up the healing process. It dried quickly and pulled her skin together. Sealing it while the foam worked on her bone. That would take much more time though. The Doctor stood up, gathering his stuff. He would be staying in the apartment just down the hall. Since they did not have a guest room.

"I'll check on her in the morning." The doctor told Thane. "Is there anything you need me to check out on yourself while I am here?"

Marsyas

Old 04-24-2013, 04:30 PM

When the doctor finally arrived, Thane went to the door to greet the man. To his surprise this was a much older man than they usually got to work with, which was good. He would probably be less curious about their work and more preoccupied with his job as it should be. Especially since he couldn't tell him anything anyway. "A pleasure to meet you Doctor Hill. I'm Thane Segeris. I think you already know by now but we work for the Agency."

The agent went on to explain the situation, leaving out the unnecessary parts but doing his best to be as detailed as possible to help make the doctor's job as easy as could be. He told him about the blow that she sustained and tried to explain that she was probably still in shock from the impact as well. He made sure to tell Doctor Hill that he'd given her painkillers shortly after so that they could work for a bit longer but that he contacted them the second they returned home. Once he was done with his explanation and had lead the man to her bedside, he allowed the doctor to examine her. His diagnosis wasn't all that unexpected but it was a bit of a setback. They would have to sit back for two days now to let her heal and she would have to be extremely careful after that so not to be re-injured immediately.

"Thank you Doctor Hill. We can talk more outside, I'd like to let her get some rest right now," Thane told the older man as they exited the room and closed the door. Once he was sure they were out of earshot of that cheeky woman he told the doc, "I think I have a few broken ribs on my right side and I dislocated my shoulder. My shoulder will be fine, I put it back in place but I'd like you to check out my ribs if you would," he asked politely. "I don't want to worry her which is why I wanted to speak to you about this out here. I'd like to keep this quiet if you can. Forgive the secrecy sir."

Triquetra

Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 PM

"Of coarse." Dr Hill said as he followed Thane out. The door to the bedroom was shut as Thane began to tell him what injuries he had taken. It honestly did amaze the doctor though. Thane was able to walk fairly well even with broken ribs. "Stand straight and let me see." The doctor said as he went into his bag, pulling out a pair of goggles. They were x-ray goggles. With them he took a look at Thanes skeleton. Scooting around him too take closer looks at his body. Once the doctor was back in front of Thane he spoke. "You broke three ribs." He whispered to Thane. Being very quite.

"I can suggest two weeks of bed rest. That is the minimal. Since as you probably know, there is no speedy way to heal ribs."
The doctor said to Thane, pausing before he spoke again. "Or I can give you an injection of nano bots. It will be more on the painful side. But tomorrow you should be fit for duty." The doctor suggested. Unsure if Thane had ever gotten an injection of nano bots before.

Marsyas

Old 04-27-2013, 06:02 AM

Thane stood up tall so that Doctor Hill could examine him properly. Then he gave the doctor a simple nod when he'd been told that he broke three ribs. It wasn't the first time this had happened and probably wouldn't be the last so he simply sighed lightly since it was already a little tough to breathe as it was. It had been extremely challenging to make it look like he was fine in front of Eden. Thankfully she was a little too out of it herself to pay any attention to the pained looks that he was trying to stifle on the way back. Plus he drove like bat out of Hell, while taking some liberties on the way back.

He listened to Doctor Hill's advice and shook his head, "I've had the nanobot injection before, so I know I can deal with the pain. If I had the luxury of laying around in bed for two weeks I'd really like that but unfortunately this is a new job and we just got started tonight so I don't have any time to waste. This will likely be a long one anyway." Thane wasn't particularly thrilled about how things went today but he definitely saw that they had made some progress.

Allowing the doc to make the necessary preparations, Thane removed his top and held his right arm up so that he could place the shot where it needed to be with minimal trouble. The shot itself wasn't particularly painful but since the nanobots enhanced natural healing process to an unnatural speed it was painful. Almost like you were burning up on the inside, but once it was over there was no feeling of relief like that. Well aside from kissing Eden there wasn't.

After the shot had been administered, Thane walked Dr.Hill to the door and bid him a goodnight. He took a pain pill that had been administered and then placed the rest in his SDP and went to join Eden in bed. Tonight he knew he would sleep good. After stripping down to nearly nothing he snuggled up behind his partner and gave her a kiss on the neck and whispered 'goodnight' in her ear. It wasn't long before he had drifted off to sleep.

Triquetra

Old 04-27-2013, 11:40 PM

Eden had fallen asleep just as soon as the door shut. She was wondering if the doctor had given her anything to help her sleep the night. But her thoughts were confirmed when she felt the sun on her cheek. Her eyes opened to a very blury world. Her head seemed to warp at her slightest movement. There was another feeling though from her hip. Her own hands found her hip. There was another hand there. Which confused her at first. As Eden began to wake up more she noticed the hand was moving. Like the person connected to it was either having a nightmare or in pain. She turned over onto her back as her vision cleared.

She saw Thane cuddled as close to her as possible. He was twitching slightly every few seconds. Proving to Eden something was wrong. "Thane." She whispered. Rolling over so she could face him. "You having a nightmare." Eden told him. Trying to wake him up. In the background she saw the time. Noticing it was past ten in the morning. They had slept in. "Thane" Eden said again. Running her fingers threw his hair.

Marsyas

Old 04-28-2013, 12:39 AM

It was painful. The night had not been kind to him and since he had injured three ribs. Thane hadn't thought it would be this painful when he decided to get the nano shot. Last time he got one of these shots he'd only broken one rib but this time it was three and apparently the pain was multiplied three fold. A fact he'd been unaware of until now. Maybe he should have asked.

Thane woke up in a cold sweat, gripping Eden's waistline tightly. He opened his eyes to see the woman facing him as she ran her fingers through his hair. Taking a few deep breaths he sat up and gave the woman a smile, "Sorry, I guess I was having a nightmare," he reassured her smoothly. He was lying of course, but he didn't want her to know he'd been injured. Besides later on today he would be fine. It was just pain that he'd have to deal with until it subsided. "How are you feeling," he asked wanting to change the subject as quickly as possible. Though there was a clear tone of concern in his voice.

Hearing his stomach cry out in protest the male knew what needed to be discussed next, "I can make breakfast if you'd like? What do you want to eat?" He would need to take a shower before that though. He was still drenched in a cold sweat and felt disgusting. Not to mention he was hurting and was still having a little bit of trouble breathing right now but it was definitely better now than it had been last night for sure.

Triquetra

Old 04-28-2013, 02:12 AM

Eden smiled as Thane finally stirred. She was starting to get a bit worried if it was a night terror or something he would not wake from. But her mind worried too far too quicky as he woke. He released her waist and sat up. Something was bothering him, but since he did not mention it any further, Eden let it go. It could have easily been about what happened last night. Eden knew what they found in those sewers was very disturbing. Worse, she would need to go threw the footage and analyze it. "I just wanted to be sure you were alright." Eden said to him. Still laying down. She rarely slept in, and well when she did, it was hard to get up. She made that clear by pulling the blankets back up. Just keeping in the warm for now.

"My head is pounding."
Eden said honestly. Closing her eyes. The bright lights were not helping so much. "I'll be alright though. What did the doctor say? Did he take a look at your rib?" Eden noticed he had been walking oddly. But had no idea how many he had actually broken. She did know he continually broke on of his ribs, so she assumed it was the same one. Her eyes opened slightly to see his face. Probably wondering how she knew. Or at least partially knew. But Eden did not say another word about it.

"Breakfast sounds good. I think maybe coffee... Can I drink that right now?" Eden asked herself. Almost searching her mind. "Don't see why not.. Coffee, eggs, toast. The usual." Eden muttered. She had manged to pull the blankets just over her head now. Blocking out the light, and also mimicking night time so she could sleep longer. Although honestly, she would probably just get up soon. Laying around was not something Eden did. "Is there anything you need me to do?" She asked Thane.

Marsyas

Old 04-28-2013, 02:37 AM

"You have a concussion. Your skull was cracked when the gargoyle attacked you so it might be best if we take one day to recover and then hit it hard tomorrow. What do you think?" He spoke every word out of pure concern for Eden's health though he knew that every minute was precious time when dealing with new monsters and the month time limit. It was one of the pressures of working for the Agency. If you didn't finish your mission within the time frame that they gave you, the next set of Agents came in and finished it for you. Which meant they got all the credit for whatever you got done and it hurt your reputation. The two of them were spotless so far, but Thane had a lingering feeling that this case would probably cut them closer than normal.

He showed a brief moment of surprise when Eden asked about his rib. She had known that he broke one of them frequently but this time he broke three and it was on the opposite side. But since she asked about them there was no reason to keep it a secret anymore, "I broke three ribs on my right side when I landed. It was all I could do not to have half of my bones broken from the impact of that blow. These enhanced gargoyles are at least three to five times stronger than the smaller one's we're used to encountering. So they're especially dangerous." It was a troubling piece of info but the truth nonetheless. Thane had never been hurt this badly from a blocked attack in his life.

Hopping out of bed, though it was more like a ginger scoot, Thane headed for the bathroom. "I'm gonna take a quick shower then I'll make breakfast so just get some rest. This cold sweat is annoying and has got to be rinsed off now," he announced. His shower was quick and slightly more difficult than usual with three broken ribs but not too bad. Once he was out, he put on a pair of cream colored silk pajama pants and a pair of slippers to walk around in, and didn't bother to put on a shirt. Then he brushed his teeth and went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Figuring it would be better for her to eat something hearty, Thane made two loaded omelettes with everything she like on one and did the same for his own. Then he made french toast using brown sugar instead of cinnamon since she wasn't a fan, and some oatmeal complete with assorted fruit. Before he was finished with everything he had put the coffee on so that it would be done by the time he finished and put some peach tea on for himself.

Last edited by Marsyas; 04-28-2013 at 06:41 AM..

Triquetra

Old 04-28-2013, 07:47 PM

"Taking a day sounds good. As much as I would rather just jump back into it all." She said, Rolling onto her back. Peeking her eyes back out from under the covers. Although there was no way she would be able to work in her condition. Thane was probably needing some rest too. At least this would catch their attention. The two would need to be extra careful. Thane started to tell her about the not one.. but three ribs he had broken on the opposite side. Eden was surprised, but knew better than to stop him from moving about. He seemed to be moving better. Eden assumed he had nano bot repairing him. Something they could not give to Eden because of her brain. "You can say that again."

Thane carefully got out of bed and went into the bathroom. Eden closed her eyes and tried to get some more rest, but she simply could not fall back to sleep. She got up, fighting with her head as she shoved the blankets from her body. She dressed as Thane got out of the shower. She would take one later on before bed. Her outfit was a simple long tee-shirt and a pair of shorts. It was meant to be an undercover outfit, but she could wear it around the apartment. In the kitchen after a few minutes she could smell the food being cooked. Thane seemed to be going all out. Cinnamon, eggs, cheese, coffee and tea scents filled the air. Eden got up and went into the kitchen. She felt hot, but was not sure if it was just the temperature in the kitchen, or her own body heat. Oddly enough, besides her head, Eden did not feel sick.

She came into the kitchen. Brushing a bit of hair behind her ear. As she walked, the world seemed to warp. Even Thane's voice seemed distant. "I feel very strange.." Her own voice felt distant. Something was very off. The woman rested her hand down on the counter, her other hand went to her forehead. The room spun, and she could barely hear Thane's voice of concern.

That was until objects in the room started to float. A dark swirling energy circled the objects. Allowing them to fly. Eden even though she had not realized it, had found her natural power.

Marsyas

Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 PM

"Good." They both seemed like they really needed a break from things. He was feeling healthier now but he was still not fully healed and it was still a lot harder to move with three broken ribs than it was with one. And since they were both injured last night they would need some time to analyze the data that they got. Thane knew that he would probably have to do it with Eden having a head injury. It would be best if he didn't ask her to do any strenuous thinking until her head was fully healed.

Just as Thane was almost done cooking everything Eden came stumbling into the kitchen. She had said that she was dizzy. Had that blow to the head affected her that much? She managed to reach the counter without falling and so the dark skinned male turned and was about to go help her back into bed when all the equipment he'd been using to make breakfast began to float. And it had this dark vortex of energy around them all. "Umm. . . Eden. What is this?" Looking up at all the work he'd done with the food hoping that all his effort wouldn't go to waste. Then another thought struck him.

"Hey Eden. . . Are you. . .?" he trailed off unsure of what to think. Turning back towards his partner he began to wonder what the after effects of that head injury might mean. "I don't have this sort of power, so that only leaves you. Eden your powers! Your powers are awake!" He was happy for his companion but he wasn't sure she was all that well. "Hey, I'm gonna take you back to bed but before I do, you think you could set all this stuff down gently? I'd rather not start breakfast all over again," he admitted with a lighthearted chuckle.

Triquetra

Old 04-28-2013, 09:22 PM

Eden could barely hear Thane as he was talking to her. The pain in her mind was building as the objects continued to float. It was a scene Eden had not realized just yet. Of coarse the two knew about each other's first contacts. Thane first came into contact with a phoenix, while Eden a lich. Although she never seemed to show signs until now. Of coarse with her chip damaged, it was like taking a collar off a dog. Her mind had always been there. The way she figured things out was like she had been taught for centuries. But the Agency was worried about the other powers Lich's had. They wanted to control it. Being sure she could not tap into centuries of power. So she literlly was held back. Which now, was obviously a mistake. All that power was hitting Eden all at once, and she had no idea how to control it.

She heard Thane suddenly. Asking her to carefully put the equipment down. She opened her eyes to finally see the objects floating. Was this her? She slowly looked around. Amazed really. Although she thought maybe Thane was doing it. "Very funny, you out it down." But the warp of pain proved otherwise. It started to fade as quickly as it came, and everything dropped back into place. The world returned to normal as she looked straight at Thane. No spinning.

"I'm sorry." Eden said. Unsure of what to say. It started to set in. That pain, dizziness.. it had been her power. It made her feel that way. She was frightened for herself. Eden could not control it. She did not know the first thing about it. Normally the Agents were trained to control their powers. But Eden was on a job. On the field. Not locked in a secure facility. Thane started to take her back into the bedroom. As she was seated on the bed, Eden spoke. "I don't know how to control it.."

Marsyas

Old 04-28-2013, 10:24 PM

"Umm. . . Not one of my powers," he reminded Eden since she still managed to think he was joking with her.Then Thane let out a womanish scream when everything dropped but luckily it all fell back into place and not all over the place. Afterwards he let out a sigh of relief for his poor heart. He was afraid he'd have to do all that cooking all over again and wasn't sure if he was up to it after going all out like this. Grabbing his heart and taking in a few deep breaths the man turned to his partner and began to help her back to the room. She seemed like everything was fine now but how was he to know whether or not another episode like that would break out and what all she was actually capable of now. Hell he had no idea whether or not he was in danger but that was irrelevant to him at the moment.

After sitting her down on the bed, Thane gave the woman a soft set of kisses on the forehead hoping to cheer her up, "Don't worry about that right now. We can try and teach you how to control things on the fly but for now just worry about getting better. I'll go and get breakfast. You just lay down and relax for a while okay?" Truth be told, he was slightly afraid. Just how much power had Eden been holding back all this time? Or rather had it been suppressed by the Agency all this time? If that was the case then that meant that her chip had been damaged and that she was likely free from her shackles. It was a hopeful thought that made the man happy for her. Her life was no longer in danger from them at least for now.

Walking back to the kitchen Thane grabbed a platter and loaded up her breakfast on it complete with the omlette, french toast, oatmeal and coffee. Hopefully she would enjoy it. Bringing the food to her, he set it on a stand next to the bed so that she could eat sitting up, "Here you go. I'll be right back," he said as he went to get his own, bringing an extra stand for him to use as he took a seat next to her. "Don't worry so much. I promise not to go anywhere and you know that I'll be here with you so just take things slow. Okay?"

Thinking about it, her run in was one of the rare one's. She managed to have a lich as her first encounter as a Gifted. There was no telling what all she would be capable of now that her powers were awakening. What was most worrisome was if her powers would be dangerous to her or not. Would they be too much for Eden to control?

Triquetra

Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 PM

Eden laid back down on the bed. Relaxing as much as she could. The kisses Thane placed on her forehead certainly helped. Not even two minutes later Thane came in with her plate. It was filled with so many different foods, Eden was glad she did not ruin the breakfast. She sat up, sitting cross legged on the bed. Her back was behind a few pillows as she took a bite from the omelet. It had the perfect amount of ingredients. Cheese, a few veggies, and of coarse bacon. Not only that, the french toast was very good as well. Thane was a fantastic cook. Just another thing Eden was not very good at herself. Sure, she could boil water and make a mean ramen. Or better, an awesome bowl of cereal. She eat the food as Thane came in and sat next to her. Pulling his own tray up. "Alright. I'll take it easy today. Tomorrow though, I want to start going threw our findings." Eden promised him. Even if it was hard for Eden to do. Even on vacations she did not like to stay in one place for very long. Even if they just went out for a walk. Just something.

"Its very good Thane." Eden told the male with a smile. Taking a sip of her coffee. She finished her meal just after a couple of minutes. The entire thing too. She moved the tray to the side and laid back down. Knowing full well the moment she even attempted to get up, Thane would stop her. Eden scooted close to Thane. Not quite bothering him while he ate, but just laying closer to the agent.

Marsyas

Old 04-29-2013, 12:00 AM

Thane nodded in agreement with the woman's terms for taking today off, "Deal." He knew that she wouldn't be able to sit still for long so it was better this way anyway but she definitely needed to get some rest before getting up and doing anything that required a mental strain.

By the time he had returned and started eating Eden was almost half way done with her meal. She made it seem like she was really hungry. "I'm glad you like, with the speed that you're inhaling it at," he said with a smile. Thane took his time eating his omelette which had ham, cheese, some veggies and salsa as the ingredients. It was a few minutes after Eden had finished before he was done. And not long after that they were paid a visit by Doctor Hill. Thane explained both of their situations and the doc took another look at him saying that he was almost completely healed but that he should be careful since the internal bone structure wouldn't be stable and sturdy for at least another two days. It was a risk that he would have to take since they would hit the field again tomorrow, but this time he would be more careful.

While the doctor was looking her over and discussing the details of her injury with her, Thane took the dishes to the kitchen and cleaned them. By the time he was around finished up, the doc was done talking with his partner and was headed out. Thane saw him to the door and then met Eden back in the bedroom, "So, what'd he say?" At this point the male wasn't too worried about his partner, but he was curious as to whether or not she had known to ask about her chip. If it was damaged or broken then that meant that there was a way for him to have something done to his. It would be risky but it might be something to think about if they wanted to have a bit of freedom later on.

---

The rest of the day went by with Thane toying around with Eden as they watched some movies and shared a few intimate moments. He knew that this was probably the only vacation time they would have here this month so it was better to take advantage of it while they could. Tomorrow things would get serious again and early tomorrow they would have to get up and start analyzing the data they had uncovered. Tomorrow night Thane planned to take down that first gargoyle. By any means necessary. It had been awhile since he had used his chimera powers but maybe that would prove more effective than his before.

Triquetra

Old 04-29-2013, 12:27 AM

The doctor came to visit them not too long after their breakfast. He spoke with Thane first before coming in to talk to Eden. He looked over her head. Unwrapping the bandage and taking a careful look at the wound. He told her it was already looking much better. Her skin had nearly stitched back together, but her skull would need just a bit more time. He also told her she may need to get it fixed up in surgery once it was completely healed. But it was something that was a very small possibly. He told her not to worry about it. He gave Eden a bit more medicine to help with her head. Eden had not thought about her chip at all threw the process. And therefore did not even think to ask about it. That was until the doctor asked her to lean forward. He pulled a scanner out and scanned the back of her neck for the agency records. He tried a few times, unable to get it to scan.

"odd. Oh well, who needs technology." The doctor said. Unaware the chip was actually something more than a registration number. "I'll just type an email with the information they need." He told Eden before stepping out. Saying his good byes on the way out. Thane came in just a moment later.

"he was not able to get my chip to scan. I think it may be damaged." Eden told Thane. She did not have a bandage on her head anymore, so you could see the wound on the back of her head. Even around the top of her neck where the chip was had been bruised. "Other than that I'm healing just fine for now." As the day went on, the two hung around. Exchanging soft kisses, watching movies, whispering sweet things to each other. It was getting to be darker outside. Eden was about to rest a bit here and there. She slept threw one movie, waking up right at the end. But she soon was able to walk around a bit more. Thane could not keep her in bed after all. So relaxing on the couch became the next best thing. The two were just in the middle of a horror movie when Eden felt a lot of pressure on her chest.

It could have been mistaken for the movie causing her breathing, but she literally felt as if something was crushing her. She squeezed Thane's arm as a wave of agony strolled threw her body, quickly turning the light squeeze into digging her nails into his flesh. Just as the monster came out and killed the blond girl on the TV, a line of the same dark energy laced the screen, exploding outward. It was a small explosion, but just enough to frighten the couple.

Suddenly, similar lines appeared around the room. One right after another. Some exploded with fire while the others simply air. It lasted a long minute until the outburst stopped. Eden was left shaking. She had to wonder if Thane had gone threw this with his first natural power.

Marsyas

Old 04-29-2013, 01:18 AM

Thane's suspicions were confirmed when Eden told him that Dr.Hill had been unable to get her chip to scan so that he could send the information directly to the Agency. This could turn out either way for them. They would have to mention the injury to Will during their report at the end of the month which meant that if he wanted to figure out a way to disable his as well, they would have to do that on the side along with this case. "I figured as much. I had my suspicions when your Gift suddenly started to awaken. Maybe the Agency has been suppressing your Talent up to this point. It's purely speculation but I don't see why they wouldn't do that if they thought your ability was too powerful. But letting that go for now, I'm glad the healing is going smoothly."

Thane sat back and enjoyed the time they were having together. Mostly movie watching, some kissing, and him teasing her whether it be by tickling her or just hassling her gently. Then out of nowhere as they were watching a horror movie he felt Eden clutch onto him. Immediately he knew what was going on, "You're having an overload," he said calmly. Some people had overloads when either their power was too strong for them to control or they were simply too weak to manage their ability. Since Eden had come in contact with a lich, it was probably the former. Thane sat there and simply placed a hand on her leg as her power erupted throughout the room. Luckily nothing was seriously damaged but it made him think that maybe they ought to go through some training exercises.

Once the feeling had passed Thane patched up his arm from where Eden had dug into his flesh and turned to his partner, "Do you think you could handle some minor training exercises today? It might help you get a grasp of your ability a little bit. I had some of the same trouble at first with my inferno flames but once I had found that connection to my power it didn't just leak out anymore." He didn't want to stress Eden too much but if she was in pain this might be the best thing for her to help minimize the outbursts. It was probably such a problem because she didn't actually have a connection to her power yet. That was something that came with practice. It would still happen for a while until she was comfortable.

Triquetra

Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 AM

Eden was comfortable by Thane as she went threw her overload. She was both terrified and overjoyed her little power was coming out. Although they had been lucky it had been contained so far. There were horror stories of agents killing themselves just from loosing control for a minute. She always wondered how Thane was able to keep calm. And he had a few abilities to keep in check. The phoenix being his main. But Eden supposed you did not get to be rank seven without being in near perfect sync. There was no better teacher for her after all.

"I don't think I have a choice. I need to control this."
Eden told Thane. Finally letting go of his arm. the pressure on her body went away long enough for Eden to move. In reality, she was not sure what exercises for training powers really were. Mainly because she never had one. Any of the borrowed powers she had were all controlled primarily by her technology, and very little from her body. "Its hard to believe you ever had trouble controlling your power." Eden said honestly. The woman got up from the couch. In their SDP it contained the program for the simulation they used very often. It also told them the amount of damage they were doing to the opponent. Which was great for Thane. He could see if Eden needed to stop, or vise versa.

Marsyas

Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 AM

"Yeah you do. It can be dangerous to yourself if you release too much power at once." She already knew that but he said it in hopes that it would help the reality set in for her. Thane laughed when she said that she couldn't imagine him going through overloads. "Well I do have four abilities stored in me right now, and some Agents have more than me. I'm just picky. I like the rare one's," he said with a wink as he stood up to set up the simulation bots and his monitor. He cleared all the furniture to the edges of the room so that she could focus and not worry much about messing anything up even though the Agency would pay for anything they ruined for whatever reason.

After a few minutes everything was in place and he was satisfied that she would be able to focus how she needed to so everything was ready. Pulling out a blindfold he walked behind his partner and tied the blindfold over her eyes. "Now, we're all set. First let me start by asking you a few questions. Can you feel and envision your power coursing through your veins? Can you see the lich that you met when you first became gifted? Lastly, do you know the origins of your powers? That is to say can you tell me their base elements and what emotion stems from them? Knowing the answers to all these questions are the basis for controlling your powers. So before we move onto anything more difficult, I need you to answer those questions for me."

This style of teaching wasn't how Thane had been taught but, it was once he figured out these principles that he quickly gained easy mastery over his abilites. From then on, no matter what monster he added to his Gift set, there was no problem controlling his powers. So you could say that this was the foundation of mastering one's gift.

Triquetra

Old 04-29-2013, 03:11 AM

Eden stood in the middle of the living room. Thane walked up behind her, covering her eyes with a blindfold. At first she got bit excited, then remembered they were running a simulation, and now was not quite the time for those types of thoughts. Thane started to ask her a series of questions. "I feel the power threw my body. Its burning, yet running threw like cool water." Eden told Thane. With the blindfold she could really feel the power as it moved threw her body. Looking for a way to escape. The next question caught her off guard. The Lich she first met was something she never spoke of. Even to Thane.

Eden was born and raised in a small town in the middle of Maine. The town was literally no more than two hundred people. Mainly it was farms, but in the center there were businesses. It was a life Eden at the time only knew. She went to classes with kids who ere older than her, but the town was not very advanced. Only two people had flying cars, the rest normal cars that drove on the ground. One night, there came a sickness that washed over the town. Taking the lives of the people. Eden being only sixteen at this time learned to stand up. The people rose back up from their deaths and started to fight back. The idea of a zombie was something Eden never knew the concept of.

Quickly the survivors were murdered and turned until it was just a small band of six hauled up in a store. It was not long before the horde started to bang their doors down. But something miraculous happened. Two agents showed up and started to take the horde down. Eden told the story to Thane. Every detail, down to how she felt at each time. Anything that would help him to help her. "The agents told us to leave town. So we ran, right into another group of the undead. That was when I first saw the Lich. It was nothing but a skeleton wearing robes. He was laughing as he were slaughtered. I decided not to go down without a fight, so I ran right for the creature. With nothing but a pocket knife in my hand. I hand no clue that touching one was a seal of death. I grabbed its staff, then its legs, pulling myself up to it. That was when one of the agents showed up again, killing the Lich." She was silent for a moment, as she thought about the base of her power.

"Death.. darkness.. poisons.. plauge. And the emotion is wisdom."

Marsyas

Old 04-29-2013, 03:57 AM

Thane paced around his partner in circles as she spoke. He listened and took in everything that she said in order to lead her step by step through the process of gaining control over her powers. The first step. Confronting and knowing your power. She could feel her power washing through her which was good. It was strong based off of the description she gave of it. He gave a silent nod to her even though she couldn't see it. He was a little interested in hearing what she had to say about the lich. It was a story hadn't heard nor did he know anything about it so this was going to be the first time.

It all came a little as a shock to him. She had actually met Agents from the Agency before becoming one. That was interesting. What was more interesting was her recollection of the events surrounding her powers. That had to have been traumatizing, but it was something she would have to face head on now. There was no avoiding it. He wanted to apologize for her pain, for her suffering, but that was not the objective of this training. She would have to endure any inner demon's she'd been harboring all this time.

Finally she gave the origins. "Good, but wisdom is not the only emotion. So is fear." Eden was a smart woman, smarter than anyone else he knew, so the next part would likely be easier than giving a clear rendition of the events that had awakened her to becoming Gifted. "Now from there I want you to go back to feeling the ebb and flow of your powers. Focus internally and see if you can direct the flow of your power in any one direction of your choosing, but don't release it. Once you've got that down, I want you to try to condense and expand your power within your body. Now I warn you, that this is something that has to be done slowly at first because it can be painful. Your power expanding and flowing outward is what you experienced earlier. That's what an overload is. So take your time and practice doing those few things in that order."

With that, Thane pulled up a stool and placed a holographic energy monitor in front of him so that he could use that to watch Eden as she experimented with the power flow of her energy. He didn't expect this to be mastered quickly but with this being Eden it wouldn't have come as a surprise if she did. It had taken Thane quite a while to get it down, almost a week. This was considered exceptionally fast, even amongst the legendary agents but it was still difficult.