Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 AM

~ New Fitzhaven ~

This thread is dedicated to the world Terra Novum, the city of New Fitzhaven, and its inhabitants.

The game thread can be found here: New Fitzhaven; A Steampunk Dream. It is currently open and accepting new players. If you wish to inquire about securing a spot, please respond here or send a message to my inbox. Thank you!

All of the characters that appear in this thread are, unless otherwise mentioned, copyrighted to me, Squidie64. Please do not change, alter, or otherwise copy these characters or the stories attached to their names, for use in your own role plays, stories, or art without permission. Thank you.

I hope that you enjoy reading about New Fitzhaven and the strange people that live within its borders! I hope to add a lot of information about the world, including a more in depth view of the main characters featured in the role play, as well as the NPC's created for the world.

Have fun reading and Thank you for coming!!

~: Just to grab your attention! I know that this does not appear to be a journal thread so far. Well, it's really not. That being said, please DO NOT report this thread. I have spoken to a moderator about the best place for the exploration into my newly created world and it was suggested that I place it here. If it is decided that there is a better place for it, we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Please do not report me for a 'misplaced' thread. I'm in the right place! ..For now. Thank you! :~

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 11-27-2013, 09:19 AM

~New Fitzhaven~

- The City and Its Founder -

Founded by Walter Fitz, New Fitzhaven began as a single piece of property outside of the City of Blackbrick.

Walter Fitz, an inventor with prominent skill in clockwork and alchemy, purchased a single acre of land from a farmer some miles out of the city to protect his new family. Walter had married not long before that and the thought of raising children within Blackbrick made Walter very uneasy. The crime within the city was appalling and ever growing. Walter had to find a safe place for his family. A farmer agreed to sell Walter a single acre from his farm and he got to work! He built a modest home for himself, his wife, and his infant son. In his basement, he set up a workshop to continue inventing!

More and more people were flocking to the inventor with all sorts of requests. The overworked inventor decided that enough was enough! He built a workshop not far from his home to accommodate all of the orders flooding in from all over! This development seemed to spark interest with other inventors and merchants alike. Not long after, they came to Walter with their own plans for shops set up near his own.

At first, he was not settled on the idea, but his wife seemed to sway his decision. He drew up a few contracts and came to a sturdy agreement with each merchant about rent costs, responsibility for the upkeep of their shops, and so on. Construction exploded on the small piece of land! It wasn't long after that that Walter visited the farmer again and managed to purchase more acres from the old man.

The few acres that Walter had secured quickly filled up. He was getting more and more tenants as the months rolled by and he was quite thrilled! The community was growing and expanding, but the best part was the calm that had settled over them! The crime of Blackbrick had not followed them. They operated their businesses in peace and were all very grateful for it.

The news of the crime syndicates lack of presence on Walter's land spread and soon, Walter found himself with prepositions of potential homes on his land. With very little thought on the matter, Walter agreed. With the money he had secured in rent, Walter was off again to the farmer! He purchased as much land as the old man would surrender and drew up more contracts. He saw many homes built in just a few months' time. His peaceful community was growing even more!

The community was dubbed 'Fitz's Haven' or 'Fitzhaven' for short and in a not so surprising move, Walter was elected Mayor. Walter was not only touched, but truly honored to be not only the landlord of the entire town, but their trusted Mayor!

Time would see the town grow and stretch further and further. Walter watched it all from his home as he aged, satisfied that he had achieved his dream of finding a safe place to raise his family.

When Walter finally passed, quietly in his sleep, his eldest son, Walter, II took over as Mayor, to the town's delight. His other two sons, Avery and Denton, took over the management of Walter's shop.

As the years went by, the town grew tremendously. While still in the hands of the Fitz family, it was renamed 'New Fitzhaven' as a way to welcome new advancements with steam power and the discovery of radiation power. The city stands to this day as a testament to one man's determination to give his loved ones what he thought they deserved; peace and safety.

Walter's home still stands at the center of the city as a monument and a museum.

Last edited by Squidie64; 11-28-2013 at 07:59 AM..