BitterBlue
Emissary of Diplomatic Ass-Whoop...

Old 11-17-2009, 07:54 AM

Hello my fellow Realmists! *bows* :vicky:

My name is Kara Ater, the Menewshan member fondly known as BitterBlue, and the author of the trilogy-in-progress and extensive RP entitled, "The Realm". ;)

It thrills me to no end to see your dedicated and in-depth participation in the story, and I hope you will come to enjoy it as much as I do if you haven't already! :boogie:

As most of you were informed, The Realm and its inhabitants are based entirely off three books I am in the process of completing. Your characters are basically getting a sneak peek into the novels I am about to submit for publishing! You will even get to witness and walk first-hand through some of the events that actually take place in my books! :squee: It is also based (in a more phantasmal setting naturally) on my own life. Many of the characters you have met and have YET to meet are based on real people with whom I have come into contact over time, and many of the stories surrounding them are based off of things that actually happened. :shock:

(KNOWING THIS: You need to be informed not all of the events that will take place in the future will be filled with sunshine and rainbows. Myself, and my friends, have experienced some horrific things in our short lifetimes, and some of these things will be reflected in select events that will take place. All I ask is that you play your character thoroughly, but carry them with an air of respect and dignity that is natural to their personality and doesn't slander the events taking place in a manner that is OUT of character. :| )

So, keep that in mind as you interact with myself and other characters, and I hope that in a way, this knowledge will only enhance the story and bring it to life even more.

On to a less personal note, I would like to inform you about this particular thread. Here, you can ask me (and each other) any questions you like and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner. I work part time and attend college classes, so I may not be at my computer 'round the clock. :headdesk:

It is also here that you can post any additional information about your character that you would like me to know, although I still encourage incorporating that kind of knowledge into the plot via story format.

As I'm sure you've all noticed by now, I prefer to be very detailed and thorough in my responses, so never hesitate to ask me about anything. This is also a spot where you guys can talk about bs in general. It's always good to get to know the people you are playing with. It's amazing how much you can come to understand a person's character once you've gotten to know them a little more out of character. ;)

So, thank you all again and have fun! I'll be in touch okay?

ENJOY!<3

Last edited by BitterBlue; 11-17-2009 at 08:13 AM..

BitterBlue

Old 11-17-2009, 08:20 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT! ----- I have temporarily CLOSED The Realm's main RP thread down in order to build more on the characters that have already been established, so I will not be accepting any new entries from outside parties at this time.

The current team needs to become more incorporated and comfortable with the story before further interferance will be manageable. Once they have found their place within the plot and are more than cozy with their roles, I will reopen the thread for new entries during the next phase in the story.

Thank you for your patience.

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer
Send a message via AIM to Cicadetta Send a message via MSN to Cicadetta

Old 11-17-2009, 05:51 PM

Oh, cool, OOC thread! Now I don't have to put annoying things in brackets, or anything!

Anyway, I hope if it's okay that I put a past-life flashback (not a memory) in green. It's pre-Realm, an opening for a possible new character, and... well, a different color seemed less annoying than a large block of italics.

But I can change it if need be.

BitterBlue

Old 11-17-2009, 11:02 PM

No that was perfectly fine. I really enjoyed it actually, and I highly encourage character embellishments of that sort. ANYTHING that will give your character more depth is definitely recommended. It makes them so much more dynamic and personable. Anyone who has spent any quality time reading good novels will find the characters they loved the most were usually the ones with the most in-depth personal development. The more realistic and believable you can make your character, the better the story will be, and paying attention to detail as you have demonstrated is the KEY to making an RP like this work.

Little things like what your character is thinking, FLASHBACKS (;)), what they are looking at, what their opinion is about something, their likes and don't likes, and all the way to what sort of food they prefer ALL play a part in bringing a character to life. Most people are lazy and prefer to skip over such trivial details. But they are NOT trivial. It's the reason why so many stories often hit the dust because the people participating in them become so focused on the action that their characters just are not what's important anymore. A good story is as MUCH about the people in them as what those people are doing. Keep up the good work Cicadetta! I'm really enjoying your character. All of you are doing so wonderful!

Last edited by BitterBlue; 11-17-2009 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Formatting/Typos

Desdamin
Radical Dreamer

Old 11-18-2009, 02:36 PM

Hello everyone!

Whats up and how are you?

BitterBlue

Old 11-18-2009, 06:21 PM

Hiya! Squeee!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 AM

there, I found the thread so hah!!

BitterBlue

Old 11-19-2009, 12:57 AM

*gasp* You found it?! Now we're all doomed. DOOMED I tell you! WAAHHHAAHHH!

Actually, think the one would she be most afraid of is Desdamin. ROFL! His characters are freaking me out. I'm curious to see what role they'll end up taking in The Realm. O_o

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer

Old 11-19-2009, 01:09 AM

Yay, more people are gathering! XD

And yes, Desdamin. Evil living toys for the win. That teddy bear is excellent.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-19-2009, 01:14 AM

yeah, but if that teddy bear tries to eat me, its dead!!!!

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer

Old 11-19-2009, 01:18 AM

Heh. Come to think of it, I wonder if it's filled with sawdust. That... could get ugly.

/kidding

BitterBlue

Old 11-19-2009, 01:25 AM

LOL! Oh btw Cicadetta, I posted a long response involving Rolgen after your last post in the story yesterday if you missed it. Just letting you know.

Oh and don't worry. I have a trick or two up my sleeve for that teddy bear if things get... nasty.

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer

Old 11-19-2009, 01:29 AM

No, BitterBlue, I didn't miss it. I just wasn't sure how to reply to it. Where is Rolgen in relation to Valerie and Aideen? Is he close by, or...?

I am looking forward to evil toy interaction. Should be fun. :)

BitterBlue

Old 11-19-2009, 01:32 AM

Yeah. I should have clarified that more... sorry. He's a handful of paces down the long hallway past the stairs where Valerie and Aideen just came down. Sorry I didn't clarify that more.

And then there was that evil laughter that echoed through all the halls too.

I still can't help picturing a more twisted Kon type character like the stuffed lion in Bleach. LOL! That just tickles me endlessly.

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer

Old 11-19-2009, 01:39 AM

Okay, thanks! I can work with that. (It's a really big mansion, and only you know the way around the place. ;) )

I've ended up picturing an opposite living teddy bear character, actually. Max, from Stuff of Legend. (Linked due to relative obscurity, not that I know anything about Bleach.

Last edited by Cicadetta; 11-19-2009 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: I need to proofread more carefully.

BitterBlue

Old 11-19-2009, 01:44 AM

Hehehe. Yeah, sorry about that again. I'll be more detailed when it comes to the layout of the mansion. Working within an enclosed structure is always a bit more challenging for some reason. Oh well. ^-^

And Bleach is a very famous anime series that I'm just a nut for.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-19-2009, 01:51 AM

lolz, but I love Kon!! He's cute and doesn't eat people!!!

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer

Old 11-19-2009, 01:52 AM

No problem. There's a bit less room to fudge an enclosed structure. More twists and turns, and unless it's Hogwarts or something, the distances are a bit more precise. (And if the house is ever-changing, that might actually be harder.) Think of it like a map, maybe. A house plan is a large scale map, with a lot more detail to work with. But if the setting is a forest, then you can zoom out to a much smaller scale, not necessarily worrying about every tree that gets in the way.

I totally fudged the time and distance between the desert and the forest. Straight line, easy path. :)

I've heard of Bleach, but never really looked into it. What's it about?

BitterBlue

Old 11-19-2009, 02:08 AM

Yeah that's true. The reason I always found working inside buildings so difficult is because there are so many more structures that get in your way. Just more attention to detail I suppose... OH well. I canz handle its. Hehehehe.

Yeah, Kon is a really cute character from Bleach, an anime that's basically about a society that maintains the balance between the living and the dead, as well slay things called Hollows that prey on both.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 AM

I prefer outside as well, because I like trees and lakes and there's no structure for me to mess up. I don't have to know where things are relative to each other so much outside.

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer

Old 11-19-2009, 02:17 AM

BitterBlue: You can totally handle it. I am trusting you, Dungeon Master. ;)

That sounds pretty interesting. The last thing I need right now is yet another series to read, but maybe eventually... Hey, is that where Hollow's name comes from, maybe? I was wondering about that. Cool.

Last edited by Cicadetta; 11-19-2009 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: Must not be afraid of emoticons...

BitterBlue

Old 11-19-2009, 02:47 AM

Lol! I'm flattered. It's a lot of work keeping all you yahoos in line. LOL! It's like herding cats. (No offense Kat Dakuee/Kitara) ROFLMAO Wow! That was some double irony there! Hurray for me! ..... *eherm*

I'm not sure if that's where Hollow's name came from. It might pertain more to the nature and bio of her actual character. I'll have to ask her that though. I'm curious.

And yes, Bleach is a good read, but it's even more awesome as a show. You should watch some of them on YouTube.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-19-2009, 02:53 AM

haha.....I'm not a yahoo!!! I can't say I not some cat you're trying to heard though...^^

I haven't gotten that far in Bleach. Ever since nanowrimo started, I haven't watched a single episode!

BitterBlue

Old 11-19-2009, 03:00 AM

Shame on you... *wags finger*

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer

Old 11-19-2009, 03:03 AM

XD Don't dis the NaNoWriMo. I'm still not disciplined enough to do that. (I sort of meant to this year, but... well, next year will come soon enough. Can't believe it's almost December...)

You can't herd cats because they come in swarms, not herds. Not even kidding. We have barn cats, and they follow you in a swarm if they know you feed them.