Cyndel
Send a message via AIM to Cyndel Send a message via MSN to Cyndel Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndel
  • Challenge Cyndel in the Arcade

Old 05-29-2010, 04:37 AM

Lmao! Nice entry, Yumeh. XD

steelmagghia
  • Challenge steelmagghia in the Arcade

Old 05-29-2010, 05:33 AM

Man, there is an artist I know that would kick butt in this kind of competition. Too bad I'm pretty sure she has no time for Mene.

spicedroses
Penpal
  • Challenge spicedroses in the Arcade

Old 05-29-2010, 05:44 AM

Like a never ending clockwork
Username: Spicedroses
Entry: http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...oldenDaisy.png
Description: (optional)Victoria ran deeper into the forest as the rain fell down around her. She couldn't seem to stop the tears as they fell continuously down her soft cheeks. What a fool she had been not to see what was happening right in front of her. All the lies she had believed, looking down at the small box in her hands she felt her eyes become even more blurred from the tears that fell with the rain.

It was supposed to have been a gift for her beloved, but that had all changed in a moments notice. Because she had been betrayed. The sudden clap of thunder above her head startling her out of her thoughts as the flash of lightening blinded her momentarily. The rush of the ground coming towards her as she fell seemed to last forever before she finally hit, the pain in her head was excrutiating. The pain though, was nothing compared to the pain that she felt in her heart.

Struggling to sit up she fell once more into the mud around her. The box and it's contents open and scattered in the dirt. A beautiful engraved compass lay in the mud before her. Along side her grandmothers Daisy's pendant watch that had hung around her own neck only moments before. Watching as the pieces sank slowly from her view and deeper into the dirt and mud she couldn't help but think. That it would be nice to have more time to find what you are looking for. And something or someone to guide you along the way. The sky growled with thunder as another flash of lightening filled the air, striking the ground where she lay. And Victoria, was seen no more.....

it is said that that the rare Golden Daisy known by many as Victoria's Tears grows only in this area. It's two layers of golden petals turn counter clockwise to each other. Its stem a corded rope of bronze color that flows deep within the ground. Its flower enclosed tightly in little round spinning balls that hang from it till they blossom. What makes this flower so special one might ask. It's the only flower of it's kind, the only flower made of time. If your lucky, you will find it, In moonlight as lightening strikes. Through space and time you will travel. It's turning petals guiding through your flight.

Last edited by Sally Sinema; 05-29-2010 at 05:54 AM..

iirain
  • Challenge iirain in the Arcade

Old 05-29-2010, 02:07 PM

A new soul blossoms in nature
Username: iirain
Entry: http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/4f...af9bc5698aff52
Description: There is only 1 lady of the flowers. She dances from garden to garden enchanting the blooms. She was born when the first flowers bloomed. When a blue rose opened she flew out of the top bringing more seeds and colors into the world. But if anyone should catch her, all of the flowers of the world would die.

OH! I <3 you yumeh!

Last edited by iirain; 05-29-2010 at 02:27 PM..

Rose Pearl

Old 05-29-2010, 03:20 PM

Username:Rose Pearl
Entry:
Description:Clock workers most treasured invention..Special clocky flower (optional)

Ember Mist
Send a message via MSN to Ember Mist
  • Challenge Ember Mist in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 01:37 AM

Is it too late to change my entry?

Iro

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro
  • Challenge Iro in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 06:18 AM

Thank you everyone for your entries! :D
That's a nice story there, spiced.

@Yumeh:
*picks up pieces of what looks like shredded petals*
... Have you been in Nalin's garden again, Yumeh?

@XxEmber_MIstxX:
Feel free to, Ember. We would just replace your current entry with your new one if you so wish, if you are submitting another entry for the rare breed category. :yes:

Ember Mist

Old 05-30-2010, 06:51 AM

I actually started to make a rare breed, and it ended up looking like Gears.
So here you go:

Username: XxEmber_MistxX
Entry: {{I hope this one is better}}

Description: Meant to help with the circulation of Sap inside the trees, After the first set of gears were put on the trees, they suddenly began growing right out of the tree's themselves.

No one can really explain why this happened, but the plants are now called Spring-stars, since the petals of the flowers are actually metal, and look like stars, they continuously rotate by the pull of little springs hidden inside the actual petals.
(optional)

Iro

Event Coordinator

Old 05-30-2010, 09:00 AM

You can submit an entry each for both the categories, Ember, so there is no need to remove your previous entry. :)

It looks good. Thanks for your submission, Ember!

Ember Mist

Old 05-30-2010, 09:01 AM

Oh thank you lol.^^

Sally Sinema
  • Challenge Sally Sinema in the Arcade

Old 05-31-2010, 05:51 AM

Yay! I love the entries so far! :D
I wish I could be on more, I'm missing this event do to RL. :/

Ember Mist

Old 05-31-2010, 06:35 AM

LoL,
The drawing in your siggy reminds me of one of the teachers in:
Kodomo No Jikan..
Just the face though lol.

Li_the_were_lion
  • Challenge Li_the_were_lion in the Arcade

Old 05-31-2010, 03:45 PM

i had a question: what is the deadline for this contest? i looked through the rules and did not find a date

RetroFit
  • Challenge RetroFit in the Arcade

Old 05-31-2010, 04:33 PM

Username: RetroFit
Entry:
Description: This flower was bred with an antique pocket watch and now grows mainsprings dangling from each of it's petals. The roots dig in and become one with the flower pot and it's stamen does atmospheric reads on the air around it to keep perfect standard time.(optional)

Iltu

Old 05-31-2010, 10:09 PM

Slowly but surely getting my rare breed done! I doubt I'll have time for a steampunk flower, but I sure will try. c:

TutsTalkin..
  • Challenge TutsTalkin.. in the Arcade

Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 AM

[b]Username: [TutsTalkin..]
[b]Entry: [ ]
[b]Description: [This is my sunshine,she helps my flowers grow,don't know what I'd without her...]

----------

[b]Username: [TutsTalkin...]
[b]Entry: []
[b]Description: [my garden of lost cancer persons I love,in the stars watching over me]

Last edited by Sally Sinema; 06-01-2010 at 09:34 PM..

Iro

Event Coordinator

Old 06-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Thank you for your entries, RetroFit and TutsTalkin..! :D
Although, Tuts, for your entries, I would have to discuss with aoi first before I accept them.

Looking forward to seeing your entry, Iltu! *excited for more entries*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li_the_were_lion View Post
i had a question: what is the deadline for this contest? i looked through the rules and did not find a date
I apologise. That was my mistake.
The dateline would be 2 hours before the event ends, therefore 5pm Central, June 2nd 2010.

Thank you for pointing that out! I'll announce it on the front page right away. :)

Last edited by Sally Sinema; 06-01-2010 at 09:34 PM..

Rose Pearl

Old 06-01-2010, 04:12 PM

I am really glad that I entered this contest..I have never been able to enter one because I did not have good skills

Roachi

Penpal
  • Challenge Roachi in the Arcade

Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 PM

Damn it. I don't think i'll be able to get mine in on time :(

Popcorn Gun

Penpal
  • Challenge Popcorn Gun in the Arcade

Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Username: Popcorn Gun
Entry: Droserus Distilliatoria
Description: The Droserus Distilloria was located in the jungles on an island of the coast of the chains. It was observed and noted to be a carnivorous plant, it's blooms trapping insects in it's center.

The spots on the flowers petals emit light (a form of bioluminescence) intially attracting any nearby bugs, from there the bloom draws the bugs to it's center using a sticky aromatic sap. Once caught the bloom shuts and digest the creature.

The flowers grow on short bushes each with 4-6 blooms.

Last edited by Sally Sinema; 06-01-2010 at 09:35 PM..

TutsTalkin..
  • Challenge TutsTalkin.. in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
"Although, Tuts, for your entries, I would have to discuss with aoi first before I accept them."
Ok,wasn't sure myself,but the first really is a rare blossom..I can only hope..

Iltu

Old 06-02-2010, 01:52 AM

All that's left of my entry is the background, should be done on time! <3

Emasaurus
  • Challenge Emasaurus in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 02:05 AM

I've only been on this site a few days...so I apologize in advance if I mess something up ^_^;;-edited for grammar error...-

Username: Emasaurus
Entry:
Description: It was bound to happen. What with all the back-yard bioenginering that has been going on the past few decades. Somewhere, something got loose and it's integrated into the natural wildlife. This form of Asiatic Lilly (deftly dubbed the wind lilly by some) has sprung up in great numbers. The petals have become tougher, and more cupped to catch the wind. The cups alternate in indentation from the primary petals to the secondary petals so that the wind is always in its favor. The whole blossom sits on a rotating base to harvest the energy created by the spinning of the petals on a windy day. The pistil has evolved into four long rods cupped at the end to better catch thrown pollen (some also say the flower uses this to gauge wind speed for its own purposes. Not enough research has been done in this area.) The leaves also appear to harbor circut-like patterns. Still a mystery as to why exactly this is, some theorize that the plant itself harbors an internal computer which is why it can harvest wind energy at all.

Username: Emasaurus
Entry:
Description: Snap Fashions! Everyone knows that high fashion has to be fresh; and what can be more fresh than nature? This gorgeous strain of snap dragons has been engineered to grow big and beautiful, with a soft, satin-y texture. You pretty much just have to wait til they bloom* and then throw on some accents and -voila- instant party dress.
*plants take approximately five years to bloom, due to size...

Robard
  • Challenge Robard in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 04:24 AM

The current entries are so cool. =D

Is the deadline moving to 2 hours before the new end of the event, or has it passed? Guess I can't read dates late at night xD

Last edited by Robard; 06-02-2010 at 04:24 PM..

Iro

Event Coordinator

Old 06-02-2010, 05:21 AM

Thank you very much for your entries, Popcorn and Ema! ^^

The event has been extended, Roachi, so I would extend the dateline as well. I hope that you would enough time. *hugs*

@TutsTalkin..:
Your entries are accepted, Tuts. :yes:

@Robard:
Indeed. The deadline would be changed to reflect the event extension. I'll change the date on the front. =)