View Poll Results: Whose side are you on?
Daydreamers 6 100.00%
Protectors 0 0%
Hunters 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 08-18-2010, 11:10 AM

ReeRee... her voice came again, and he squeezed his eyes shut. In a way, what Neal was saying was true, he shouldn't have let his sister join in on Neal's mischievious plan, it was stupid of him to do that himself. Obviously though, just because Reese knew it was wrong and managed to get out of the sticky business before it was too late, doesn't mean he could have ever managed with his sister. She was so stubborn. But again, he couldn't say it wasn't his fault, he should have tried harder. Except, in the end, it was Neal who couldn't give a shit about her safety, and got her killed, and that was all that counted in Reese's head, who was partly in denial of her death as it was. It's been what, three years? And he still hasn't gotten over it. His hands balled into fists as he struggled to compose himself, but Neal knew that this was a touchy subject. "I did not ruin my life, YOU DID! And you know perfectly well why," he gritted his teeth in anger, spitting at the ground. "You know what's so bad about you, it's not the fact that you're 'merely' a thief. You are just one arrogant asshole who does not care about anyone else but himself, and got my sister killed," he screamed. He glared at the man, his breathing coming in short breaths. "You may not be a druggie, arsonist, rapist or mugger, but you are a killer. There is so much more I have to say to you, but seeing as we are not alone, I will delay it for now," he said. Reese turned to Chance.

"I guess I could arrange a temporary stay in your apartment, I hope it's not too much of a bother," he said with a slight smile, the smile feeling slightly forced after his bursts of anger. He felt so exhausted now, his emotions flowing through him strong. Oh yeah, he had a lot more to say, but that would come for another time. "How about you lead the way then Chance?" he asked with a smile, his eyes apologizing for the outburst. She probably felt really awkward, caught in the middle of this, and he didn't want her to feel like she was in the way. Him and Neal would settle their disagreements later, but for now, Reese would try and be good with Neal around, not that he was enjoying himself.

OOC:// Done, I hope this isn't too short //

Last edited by iinsanely Sane; 08-19-2010 at 01:38 PM..

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 08-19-2010, 02:05 PM

At first he wasn't going to bring Maggie up, but seeing as Reese did, Neal's mind did some rewinding and he soon saw a moment of his past played before his eyes, again....
Everything about that day was lovely. His best friend had agreed to join him on a heist and things with her were getting better. It was more of less a hush-hush relationship, but Neal and Reese's sister Maggie did have a little thing for one another. It was more heavily weighted on her side, but she was growing on Neal. He adored her spunk and enthusiasm more than anything. She was a tad too clingy for him at times, and he hated that she was so kind and loving, but she chose him.

Walking down the streets with her at his side and Reese on the other side, Neal stopped just short of a bank. "Listen, Maggie, you need to promise me you'll stay home tonight, okay? Puffers and I have something we need to do. If you join up, you'll get hurt. Okay?" Her eyes crossed with a fit of anger, but she soon caved in with a 'fine.' Smiling, he waved goodbye to her as he and Reese continued off down the road. "Okay, so you know the risks, right? We're stealing from Mister Smith. You know, the guy who does a lot of drug trafficking and such. I also heard that he's into prostitute trafficking too, but it's just a rumor. Can you see why I want Maggie to stay put? I would hate to see your innocent sister get brought into that life."

The two males sat down at a side street cafe. Neal ordered a cup or tea while Reese ordered his typical mocha latte with extra whip cream and sprinkles. Shaking his head and Reese's odd request, Neal sipped down a good swish of the black tea he purchased. The money he was using was never his own. In fact, Neal had never made a legit dime in his life. He always stole from others - or there was all the inheritance money he received.

Crystal, the waitress, walked over and smiled. "Hey boys, what'll it be today? Chips 'n burger for Mister Reese and let me guess, you'll have a side salad with Caesar dressing and a turkey club sandwich. Am I right?" Her light brown eyes blinked and then she laughed. "Oh course I'm right. Today's Tuesday. Every Tuesday you two order this meal. And, since it's special Tuesday, you get a free dessert with the purchase of an appetizer. Let me guess, Neal will say no and Reese will say yes. Then Reese will order mozzarella sticks and Neal will end up getting the free chocolate mousse pudding." Laughing, Crystal waved at Maxwell the cook. "Same old, same old."

With her walking away, Neal leaned in to tease Reese. "I'm telling you man, she's got the hots for you. Hell, if I weren't so in love with women, I might have asked you out years ago. Ha ha."

When the two finally finished eating (and leaving Crystal her hefty tip), Reese and Neal strolled down through the park. "Remember, eleven forty-five, sharp." Turning, he ran over to a little girl. "Hey there Lindsey-Lou. Are you ready for this?" It was tradition. Neal always gave this one little girl a freshly purchased flower. Depending on the color, it signaled the type of event they were doing. Today's flower was white. Meaning, they were stealing from an infamous crock who had money to spare.

The evenings always flew by. But today went by even faster. Neal typically read a newspaper or worked on a slew of crosswords, but today he had something (or should I say someone) else to do. Maggie was waiting for him in his little room. It wasn't really little, but compared to the money he had, it was small. There she sat in her satin lingerie just twirling her hair. "Sorry to keep you waiting," he said pressing his lips against hers. "Will you forgive me?" Rather than speaking the rest of that evening, the two found their entertainment and conversation else where. No, that didn't happen as Neal knew better than to deflower his best friend's sister, but the two did enjoy a nice candle lit dinner and a rose peddle bath.
Reality came back. Neal, who was still just standing there with a blank expression on his face, looked over at Reese. "Listen Reese, I loved your sister. I never wanted her to get hurt. But you know her. She had to be with me. She said, 'waiting at home for you to return was torture.' Maggie never listened to me. The one person she did listen to was you. But you sure as hell didn't tell her to stop loving me. Did you even know we were seeing each other?" Neal's arms crossed over his chest. "Am I sorry about what happened, yes. But you know I did everything I could do to get her back. I did everything. I got the two million dollars liked they asked for and I had another million more just in case they upped the price. Hell, she was alive during the entire exchange. I saw her. Maggie was sitting right there in front of me with a piece of duct tape over her mouth. I have no fucking idea where you were. I spent three hours looking for you to tell you what had happened. But no, you weren't anywhere to be found. So instead I had to go in solo to save your sister. I did save her, until that damn bastard said, 'any last words, miss?' God, I was so confused. I didn't get it. I had her in my arms. She was smiling. Happy as could be because I rescued her. But then a click came from above me. I heard a muzzled bang, and then, right there before me, I saw your sister's heart bleed out."

His brows furrowed as he looked away with his hands balling up into fists. "I watched her die, Reese." Neal shot an emotionless glance at him. "I heard her call out my name. I felt her reach for my chest. I smelled her blood pour out from her heart. I could taste her tears on my lips. I was so mad. I was hurt, broken, mad, and crying. Goddammit Reese, I was crying! Crying! I don't cry. But there I was bent over her dying self crying. And then, then I hurt a trigger cock back. Looking up, I knew if I had stayed a second longer I'd have been next. But I ran. I ran like the coward I am Reese. I couldn't die. Not yet. I had to tell you. You had to know. Did I ever tell you the whole truth? No. Not until right now. So I hope you're happy. I saved Maggie. I did. They double-crossed me. Killed her. I held her as she faded from this world of ours. I... I blame myself every damn day Reese. But I can't go back. It's... doing this, stealing and being a con man, it's the only way I can see her. I can feel her. I know she's watching over me. Smiling. Smiling like she always did around me. She's like my angel. And yet, she's a constant reminder of my sins. I miss her like hell, Reese. Why can't you see that I cared just as much for her as you did." His eyes were watering at this point. Falling silent, Neal lost his appetite and desire to sleep. The wounds of his past were opened up again and fresh. Each lashing from Reese would only make the memory cut him deeper. With Maggie gone, Neal was left alone in this world.

[[Oopsie. Wavi went overboard with her post. Sorry. ^^;]]

Last edited by Wavi; 08-19-2010 at 02:24 PM..

CottonCandy Raccoon
The CottonCandy Coon will come a...
Send a message via MSN to CottonCandy Raccoon

Old 08-21-2010, 09:06 AM

Chance listened to the two, though a smile was on her lips as they both agreed to come and stay with her. She grabbed her things and slipped everything onto her back. Opening her mouth to tell them to follow, she soon closed it up when something happened. The boys started to talk about something that seemed a super touchy subject. She stopped and stared, slightly worried about the two boys. This subject about this girl seemed to cause both of the boys' emotions to rise. She wanted to stop this as quick as she could, but each time she tried to open her mouth, someone would talk some more. Sometimes it was good to talk about it, let it out. However she worried about them.

She took a deep breath and let it out quietly. Waiting calmly until Neal was done talking, she put on a small encouraging smile on her lips. “And now we shall get home and cook a nice warmer dinner, and get everyone nice and comfy, come on.” not sure if that was the best to say, she soon looked from Reese to Neal. Grabbing Reese's right hand in her left and Neal's left in her right, she basically dragged them down and out of the park. Holding onto the both of them, she made sure that they knew that she was there. Stopping at the light, she looked up at Neal and then Reese.

At the moment she wasn't sure what the boy's needed. Truthfully, she only knew about her own problems, her father, his alleged suicide and her mother never being there. She didn't have someone like this girl Maggie, not that many people cared but she really never cared about that. Sighing softly she looked and saw the light was green. Walking across the street she looked back at the two guys. “Almost there, it's not much on the outside, but home on the inside.”

She smiled and then continued to pull them along like they were dolls. Soon she arrived in front of what looked like a huge, old, rusted, deserted warehouse. Finally she let their hands go as she walked to the door. Pulling out a key card she slide it down the lock and opened the door. “Come on in.” she held the door open for the two guys to walk into. Inside they would find a large and normal looking first floor of the warehouse. Mostly filled with empty containers and such, storage.

Chance slightly pushed the boys to the service elevator. Closing the gate behind them she pressed the button and soon they were pulled up the second floor. Smiling she opened the gate to revile a large, spacious place. Looking around one would see a few steps that go down and form the living room. Couches, a table and a tv. From there you would see the kitchen, pretty much normal looking, but it seemed a little more industrial then a normal house hold one. There was a large table that looked like a conformance one, though it was used as a dinning table, several chairs settled nice next to it. From there you could see a pretty large bed near the corner in between two doors. One leading to the bathroom, the other the closet.

Smirking softly, Chance, walking into the whole room and opened her arms, “Welcome to my home. It's not what you might think. This whole building no one uses anymore so I am borrowing it.. so you could say. The furniture, I “borrowed” some, found some, and then a few things I had saved up money and bought from those thrift stores. It's really not much but I have called it home for a very long time, so yeahs, get comfy and I will get pillows, blankets and sleeping bags.” she hoped they would be okay with this, jogging off into her closet, she came out a few minutes later with what she said all in her hands, placing them all on the bed she then walked into the kitchen. “What do you boys want to eat?”

[dude I read you posties and this was my face o.o hope this is okay.. kind of typed this while reading a stupid doctors report]

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 08-21-2010, 10:22 AM

Reese felt so many things at once when Reese explained everything to him. Guilt, pain, anger, sadness, it was all bursting through him. But these emotions, they would have to be let out another time, after all, he understood why Chance dragged them to her house. She had nothing to say, and would most likely have something to do to keep herself busy if the conversation ever came back to this subject again at her house. Making sure he was watching where they were going in case he wanted to go back to his tree for one reason or another, the walk wasn't too far away, and wouldn't be difficult to remember. But with so many thoughts buzzing through his head, it was slightly impossible to stick it into his head and remember it. He wasn't so much as mad at Neal as he was hurt, he wished he had told him earlier. What Neal said had sparked some memories, some he hadn't told Neal either.
His hands were tightly knotted around the chair he was sitting on, duct tape plastered to his mouth, just like his sister. Mr Smith seemed to have known Neal, probably from all the theft he had been getting himself into, and Reese wasn't surprised. He was in the room right next to where Neal and Maggie were, and could see them easily, but he guessed that the window only worked one way, which was why Neal had no idea where Reese had gone those three hours. He watched as Mr Smith talked to them, but he couldn't hear what was being said. Just watched Neal's worried expression, and Maggie's frightened one. He whimpered, which he could help, hell, he even tried to scream, holding onto false hope that either of them could hear him, but obviously that didn't work. Reese struggled in his chair, trying to get loose, but that didn't work either. He was sweating so much, he couldn't think, couldn't breathe. He noticed how they let Neal go, and he had a spark of hope. But that turned into concern, why were they leaving Maggie there? On her own?

He heard his door open, and Mr Smith walked in. "Shouldn't have stepped into this ugly business boy," he spat disgustedly. "Someone may have to take the consequences for your actions. Your sister? Maybe. Or your best friend? Or both?" he questioned himself with a smirk, and Reese reacted straight away, struggling so hard. He screamed, he cursed at the man, but through the duct tape his articulation was failing. Mr Smith laughed his ass off as he left the room, leaving Reese once again on his own. There were two guards in Maggie's room, and a camera in Reese's. Reese was trying to comfort her in his head, somehow it helped him, made him think she could hear him, but of course, she was still whimpering in fear, crying her eyes out. Reese waited a lot time, and while he had been waiting, he was trying to tear off the tape that was sticking him against the chair, but they held him down strong. Mr Smith came back to Reese's room a little later with money in his hands, and Neal entered the other room with Maggie. Reese knew nothing of the money exchange, Mr Smith must have purposely done it outside the room, but he could see Maggie in Neal's arms, so happy, and he guessed they would be let go.

Reese was happy for them, so very happy, until there blood staining his sisters shirt. "NOOOO!" he shouted, struggling so hard now. That's when he heard Mr Smith laughing, and everything just turned red. From the hours of scratching and struggling in his chair, that moment when his adrenaline was at his highest, he rose out of his chair and lunged himself at Mr Smith, throwing punches back and forth. He never noticed Neal escape, and at some point knowing he'd have to leave Mr Smith for another time, Reese ran and ran and ran. He was so mixed up with sadness, anger, he couldn't control himself. Tears spilled down his face, red bloodshot eyes. People stared at him strangely on the street. So he went to the police station, and filed a report against Neal, saying he was guilty of trespassing property, and murder. Mr Smith had been very happy with the report, and being a rich man and another witness in the police's eyes, they locked Neal up.
Reese silently cried to himself, not wanting to remember it. He furiously wiped away any tears, and forced the tears away. Faking a smile at Chance, he nodded and said, "It's a nice place," before staying silent, avoiding anyone's gaze. He was so messed up about this, people would advise counseling, but there was no way he was going that.

(( I need to go, I'll just say I'm done for now. I just need to colour the dialogues, but I'll do that later XD ))

Last edited by iinsanely Sane; 08-21-2010 at 02:18 PM..

Wavi

Old 08-22-2010, 11:08 PM

It was nice to get dragged away by Chance, not. But it was nice to get inside and take a seat on the couch. Okay, so Neal had been away for a while and was thrilled to be in a nice place. The lighting, the heating, and the whole nine yards was fantastic. Heat. Something he longed for. A soft bed. Something he could only dream of. Laughter. It was to come sooner or later.

"Puffers," Neal said extending a trembling hand out to him. "I'm sorry. I tried. I really tried. Hell, I even begged the man to take my life. He refused. Said that killing her would kill two birds with one stone. I'm sorry man, I really truly am. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I was the one that got a bullet to the heart. Hell, I guess I did. Not sure I'll ever really be able to love again. Seeing her like that, it was enough to rip out my soul. Not that I really ever had one, but still." Sitting back down on the couch, Neal tipped himself over and let his head sink into the cushions. "I think I'm in heaven. I so call this couch." Hugging it, his eyes shot open when his stomach let out a nasty grumbling sound. "Mind if I cook us up something? I make some mean meals. Just ask Puffers. He's eaten my delicious array of food."

A light smile came to his face. "I know it hurts, but do you really thinks Maggie would want us to suffer our whole life? Perhaps it's time we..." tears swelled up in his eyes. "Who am I kidding, I can never move on." Getting up, he wandered into the kitchen. Without even asking if he could use the stuff, Neal went to work making homemade chicken nuggets, a colorful salad, homemade sweet potato fries, and a cute little dessert he memorized while in jail.

Cooking was just one way Neal got his mind off of all the sorrow. And being a con man, it was his only way of actually living and feeling alive. He knew Maggie was there beside him with each heist and mission. He could hear her laughing and then say, 'Don't get caught this time, okay my silly head?' A tear escaped from his eye and ran down his pale face. Looking at where it landed, he saw it made a heart-shaped splash. Smirking, he leaned back and looked into the room kiddie-corner to where he was. "Dinner's ready."

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 08-31-2010, 09:05 PM

Reese rose his head, looking up at Neal as he felt a trembling hand grip his. He looked into the man's eyes as he talked, knowing Neal did speak the truth. Reese felt so confused, so guilty, he didn't even want to admit he was wrong. He was almost in denial, almost shouting out Neal was lying. But he knew he wasn't, he knew what Neal said was the truth, it made sense. Hell, Reese was even watching the whole thing besides the money exchange, and that small question mark about why Mr Smith came back with money in his hands, it all made sense. He shook his head slowly, he really didn't want to hear it. He hadn't gotten over anything, he was in serious depression, didn't even want to admit being the one who did everything wrong. Because he did do everything wrong. He wasn't there for his sister. If he had been more careful, he may not have been caught, and may have been able to help Neal.

"Who am I kidding?" he whispered to himself, before glancing at Neal. "You couldn't find me for those three hours they let you go because they locked me up in a separate room. I could only watch Neal, the glass between us was sound proof. I could only scream, holding onto false hope that one of you would hear me. I could only comfort my sister in my head as she awaited your return, her whole body trembling with fear. And I could only watch in dismay as blood stained her shirt, the bullet only a fast black trigger piercing my sister's heart. And I blamed you to this day, most probably because I couldn't face to put the blame on myself. I mean... the last thing I said to her was, 'if you are in danger, if you die, I will kill Neal. I will him.' That's what I said. I said that Neal, I really did," he said, reducing to tears. "But I didn't have the guts, and so I turned you in instead..." he finished, putting his hands over his face. The rest of the story was already known, they didn't have to say it aloud to know that Reese did his own thing for the past three years, while Neal served his time in prison.

(( Kind of had writers block sorry D: ))

Forever_Trapped
Fallen Angel, destined to fly; B...

Old 09-01-2010, 04:31 AM

Danikya tossed and turned in her bed, throwing the covers off of her and then pulling them back over her. Nightmares, unfortunately, were part of Danikya's nightly rituals of bed. Either she was dreaming of her past or just... dreaming of anything in particular. But it was always, always a nightmare. It didnt matter how much tea, or whiskey or what you poured down her throat or what kind of insense you put in her room. She even went so far as to have the house blessed from five different religions -Danikya believed in the supernatural- but even that didnt work. Made her feel safer but it didnt work. Danikya sometimes wondered why they didnt dub her the 'nightmare' DayDreamer. It was akin to giving someone hot sauce before bed and they have strange dreams. Thats basically what happed to the poor girl on a nightly basis... only she never had hot sauce before bed.

Moaning and whimpering, she tossed and turned more, switching positions and acting like she was trying to get away from something, someone, which -again - wasnt uncomon for Danikya's dreams. She had written in her dream journal that there were hands that reached out and grabbed her, pulling and tearing at her flesh and clothes and hair until she ran, half naked, down a dark hallway. There, when she turned around to look behind her, she was grabbed by a man or woman. But she guessed man because of how strong and big his arms was. Plus -she didnt feel a chest. Screaming and struggling. It seemed to get longer and longer the more and more she stuggled. She had ideas on how to beat the dream but they never worked.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" she screamed, sitting straight up. Paning, she went to the corner of her bed and just sat there. It was one of the reasons Danikya requested a bed in the corner, that way she'd have somewhere easy to retreat too when she had a bad nightmare. Danikya held her head and ran her hand through her hair. It wasnt its usual fluffy-ness, it was down and straight; she looked like a normal kid save for the hair colors. Looking down at her attire - a long sleeved shirt and just her girl-boxers. It was just decient enough for her to go down stairs and get some warm milk. It helped a little bit.

Wavi

Old 09-06-2010, 02:44 PM

As his friend said 'kill you,' Neal dropped to his necks. With this head against the ground, he pleaded to Reese. "Dammit Reese, I wish you had killed me. Hell, I wish I could have pushed myself over the edge. But... I... I didn't have the strength to do so. I decided I would live so your sister could torture me everyday. Trust me, if I had the gut to die, I'd die. If you could pull the trigger and end my life, I would be in bliss. The pain. The agony. The hurt. I can't rid of it. It's there. Always."

Tears crashing down onto the floor, Neal's hands balled into fists. "I wish... I wish it was me. I should have begged them. I should have said, take me. Instead, I just did as they wanted. I had no plan. I didn't think things through. I was... stupid. Blinded. I got what I deserved." Still staring at the floor, he half hoped Reese had a gun on him and would put him out of his misery. But, he knew Chance was still there. She'd interfere and that would be the end of that dream.

----------

[[Sorry it's short. :\]]