` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2010, 09:18 PM

Iƞτσ

Cherry blossoms petals drifted from the hundreds of trees as a scream of pain tore the still, shadowed day. The moon had begun to drift in front of the sun, blocking its light. Another scream ripped through the air as the moon continued to creep towards the center of the sun.

When the moon eclipsed the sun, everything fell silent.

In the middle of the cherry tree forest, leaning up against a tree, was a woman, a bundle of silk in her arms. Her breaths came out in shallow gasps, sweat glistening on her brow. The bundle shifted as the woman slid down the trunk of the tree, petals falling past her like soft pink snow. No cry was uttered as the silk slid from the newborn baby's face, a peaceful expressing there instead. Dark hair already appeared on the crown of its head, a swirl of white cutting through the ebony locks. As the baby's eyes opened, a gasp sounded from the woman. The eyes were black where white was supposed to be; the irises white and the pupil black.

And so, the child of the New Age was born.

----------

Ҏℓστ

A New Age had been destined to begin when a child, born under the eclipse, unites with a god. Few people know, however, that the child must unite with a god in order for the New Age to come about. No one knows what the New Age will bring, but over time, people have believed that it will be a better, more prosperous age.

The Child, immediately recognizable because of the hair and eyes, was immediately placed under the care of the most respectable religious figures, Seers, and tutors. Never allowed to leave the room given to the child, never allowed to see anyone other than those who are caring for the child, and taught of the evils of the world, the child has grown up with a fear of the world beyond the walls. Conditioned at an early age to give into instruction, not fight back; all rebellious behavior was crushed at an early age, and thoughts of the outside world quelled.

What the people in care of the child don't understand, is why the New Age hasn't begun. Fourteen years they have waited with the child in their care, yet nothing has happened. They do not know of the final step for the New Age to begin, and are growing frustrated.

One day, a stranger came to Harmony. Clothes worn almost through, traveling cloak ragged with holes and tears, and armed to the teeth. The people, who are normally hospitable to all new comers, kept their distance from this stranger. He walked around the city as if he knew it all, a menacing aura surrounding him and keeping all wary. He quickly arrived at the tower, proceeding to the room that the child stayed in. The few who dared to step in his way were killed swiftly and quietly - the first murders to ever occur in Harmony. Finally, the Flyte stepped in his way, adorned in the black robes to represent his rank. The stranger ceased his pace, and explained an important fact to the Flyte before leaving just as quickly as he had arrived. The Flyte, stunned by what he was told, rushed to make an announcement that was to be heard around the world.

Six persons, of any sex, and a master in their given ability or rank, must report to Harmony.The reward will be great, and the task a great challenge.

----------

Ϩɛττıƞg

Deep within a forest, a forest that takes up half a continent itself, resides Lost. Lost is exactly what it sounds like - lost. It is deep within the large forest, only able to be found by random chance. The city itself, the old building covered in moss and vines; water flowing through any opening where it can reach, was once a grand city. Life thrived in the perfect environment; there was no war, there was no food shortage, and the water was always crisp and clean.

This vibrant city, once the paradise of the world, fell. The people left the forest for the outside world, abandoning the glorious city to the wilds of the forest. However, the plants aren't the only things that inhabit Lost. It has become a haven for Gods and Goddess alike - away from any population, and full of life. Lost has become the city for Gods, and not a single souls know.

Harmony is where everything begins. From the towering buildings, shining gold, red, orange, pink and brown, one person is above important. The Child of the New Age lives in the tallest building within Harmony, and has everything a heart could desire. However, the child is kept from the outside world, the religious figures preaching about the poison of the people and the evils of the outside world. The Child of the New Age could not be tainted, corrupted. And so, the child is trapped in the tallest tower.

The technology of the city has progressed substantially. Small hovering vehicles carry people around; they almost look like small carriages. Trains are just two parts for passengers, but since they fly through the air like a giant mechanical worm, the trains don't need a lot of space to accommodate a large number of people.

Last edited by ` l o k i; 05-26-2010 at 10:54 PM..

` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2010, 09:59 PM

Rטℓεs

[o.1] ... Follow the rules.

[o.2] When you send your profile, title the PM with your favorite sugar filled food. Sweet yummy-yummy. That's not tough! Simple. And it's right here; no tricks in finding the title. People get it wrong sometimes and that's just ridiculous.... Plus! my skellies will be small, I find huge ones demanding x amount of paragraphs for just the bio, annoying. There probably won't even be a bio! So, yes. Small skellie, hard to make mistakes.

[o.3] Respect eeeeeeeeeveryone in the playing arena. If you have a complaint, don't EXPLODE like things do in microwaves. Try to be calm, collected, and nice about the complaining/issue. Or, if you can't handle it, tell me and I'll handle it. c: Also, yry to post ONCE a week. It's annoying when people leave without an explanation and they're character was involved in the plot. I'm sure everyone has had that happen to them, and then POOF, dead roleplay. And everyone should know this stuff by now: swearing, everyone knows the limits. Romance, again, everyone knows the limits. No auto-hitting, godmodding, puppeting, or killing without someone elses permission. Yeah. Repetitive? Duh. I don't like typing it, but there's always that guy.

[o.4] Keep me informed! If you need to leave for a week, or a few days, tell me. I don't eat peoples' heads. Someone else might, but not me.

[o.5] Spelling, grammar: decent, but I don't expect perfection. Along with that, I expect NO ONE-LINERS. None. At least a paragraph or more per post, and I could easily demand more because I can type five if I wanted to, and make that a rule for everyone else. But I'm lazy, and I'm sure everyone else is too. x3 Font sizes of posts will be between ... regular and 1? o-o . Also, as for how decorative the post is, there are limits, believe it or not. I have no problem with pretty posts! Just, make the font readable, don't take up HALF of the post with one single picture, and don't have a huge picture and little to no text. That's an epic fail. Pictures = reasonable size; extra text = not over powering the post itself.

[o.6] Ha, didn't get to nine rule! Things... Anyway, I can change rules whenever I want. But if I do so, I'll say so. I'll also tell you if I update, so cheeeeeeck the updates! :D They're usually important to what is going on! Like, plot change, plot twist, new character, setting change, who - if anyone - dies. Things like that.

[o.7] I'm Queen of this thing. Fear meh.

[o.8] All NEW rules are posted in this color. Just so you know what's new and what's old. c:

[o.1o] I lied. It reached nine, so I skipped it. >:D Right, so, the point of this rule. Because of what is in the plot, there are only SEVEN characters total. NPC's not included. Now, I will allow more if they are needed, but I like to keep things small so that it doesn't all clump and everything gets confusing. Seven people, all together, is difficult to roleplay out, so I'd like to stay at that number. It's gets difficult to do anything afterwords.

** Sidenote:
I'm from Gaia, so I'm really confused on this posting set up. ;;>> I don't understand why it's all in one huge post that won't separate, but I'm working on it! D; **

----------

Ϩkԑℓℓιԑ

Code:
My Name Is... [NAME, duh. First, middle, and last, if you please.] [APPEARANCE. Not huge, not tiny or page stretching. Anime, please. I think it would be hard to find actually people to fit this kind of place.] I've Lived For... [Age, i.e.: Thirty-two years.] My Private Parts Indicate That I'm... [Gender.] What I'm Good At... [Skills, abilities, stuff like that. Don't go overboard, and a minimum of three.] My Parents Made Me A... [HUMAN. Everyone is HUMAN. Just with... powers of some sort.] The Song of My Soul... [Theme song. Make it representative of your character, it'll help determine the personality.] My Controller... [... You.] My Roleplay Example... [Link, actual post, one or the other works. I just don't want people who can't write at all here. ;3;]

* New Notes!
I don't want to play the Child of New Age. It's open for grabs, but some of the personality of him/her is laid out in the plot. Please don't deter from that, it's rather important. But everything else is up to whomever creates them

----------

Updατεѕ // Pɾoʃıℓεs

My Name Is...
[ Ariel Lee Anemone ]

I've Lived For...
[ Twenty-one ]

My Private Parts Indicate That I'm...
[ Female. ]

What I'm Good At...
[ Ariel is a thief, a skilled thief. Ever since she was a child she has had a sever case of kleptomania and couldn't help but take a little of this, and a little of that. And, without facing her problem and doing something about it, it progressed and worsened over the years. Now, she is a world renowned thief that can steal anything, no matter what it's size or value. Ariel's daggers each carry an element of their own, and drain on her energy when she taps into those elements. They're family heirlooms, and work only for people who share her blood. ]

My Parents Made Me A...
[ human ]

The Song of My Soul...
[ Invincible ;; Adelitas Way ]

My Controller...
[ ` l o k i ]

My Name Is...
[ Bowman "Bo" Glass Eon ]

I've Lived For...
[ Twenty-eight ]

[ Male ]

What I'm Good At...
[ Deadly with two blades, can generate magical forces to do physical damage to his enemies, and to defend himself, and has a gift with animals. ]

My Parents Made Me A...
[ human ]

The Song of My Soul...
[ Master Passion Greed ;; Nightwish ]

My Controller...
[` l o k i]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKllASH
My Name Is...
[Kane Akatski]

I've Lived For...
Nineteen]

[Male]

What I'm Good At...
[Kane is simply a healer. Though he is very good at what he does. He is also a very religious person. At least that is the persona he lets on. He also likes to paint in his spare time. A bit out of mix, but it is very relaxing.]

My Parents Made Me A...
[Human. Kane can heal any injury on other people. Though he can not heal himself]

The Song of My Soul...
[How to Save a Life// The Fray]

My Controller...
[BLACKllASH]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoto
My Name Is...
[Liore Sair Resengah.]

I've Lived For...
[ around sixteen. ]

[Male.]

What I'm Good At...
[ Can call upon spirits, manipulates darkness, and changes into another form when he loses control. ]

My Parents Made Me A...
[HUMAN.]

The Song of My Soul...
[ I Am All Of Me ]

My Controller...
[Kiyoto]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezumie
My Name Is...
Kanade Echo [Echo for short]

[imagine her eyes are the way you described it ^^"]

I've Lived For...
Fifteen years

Female

What I'm Good At...
Obedient, can manipulate ice, and able to use daggers which appear out of her sleeves, but she doesn't use those at all.

My Parents Made Me A...
Human

The Song of My Soul...
Brave Song [Aoi Tada]

My Controller...
Sezumie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownofEblan
My Name Is...
{Dhomasy. Erik Azrael Dhomasy}

I've Lived For...
{thirty years}

{male}

What I'm Good At...
{Archery, woodland tracking, hunting, the works. Erik a ranger by trade proffiecent with both bow and staff, and has been known to best even swordsman who challenge him with his simple wooden stave. Anyone who asks how is greeted with an enigmatic smile and ths simple word "Practice".}

My Parents Made Me A...
{human, (and by their absence one who survives through all obstancles) }

The Song of My Soul...
{No Grave by Newsboys and The Motions by Matthew West}

My Controller...
{CrownofEblan}
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keondre Lorano
My Name Is...
{Case Farrell Lyulph ap Herne, though nowadays he's simply known without his family title.}

{The Wild }

I've Lived For...
{Twenty-three years.}

{Male.}

What I'm Good At...
{Case has the ability to shapeshift, or "body change"as he calls it. In reality, this ability is more akin to mimicry, in that Case can take on the appearance and voice of a person or animal; to imitate humans, he must have seen the person and heard their voice. As if to compliment his mimicry abilities is innate wild magic, which grants him the ability to literally communicate with nature, contrary to others who would "hear" nature due to their experience in it. Born in a nomadic tribe and raised in more primitive settings, Case, as a male, leads his life as a hunter, and is incredibly skilled in what he does, from foraging to tracking to stalking. Thus, his senses are trained to a point they are more animal than human, and is quite limber and acrobatic.}

My Parents Made Me A...
{Human.}

The Song of My Soul...
{cúChulainn's Last Battle - Jeff Johnson & Brian Dunning.}

My Controller...
{Keondre Lorano}
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Scarlett Divine
My Name Is...
Katie Scarlett Divine

I've Lived For...
[Nineteen years.]

[female ]

What I'm Good At...
[She can control the elements water and earth, by doing this she can move water and make forms with it or use it as a weapon, and for earth she can use nature, like plants and animals.]

My Parents Made Me A...
[human]

The Song of My Soul...
[We won't back down -by Escape The Fate ]

My Controller...
Katie Scarlett Divine

Last edited by ` l o k i; 05-29-2010 at 12:32 PM..

` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2010, 08:41 PM

To all the standing cities and barely running towns, the message for the skilled had been sent. It had spread all the way to the forest where Lost was said to be, even. But even that wildfire couldn't penetrate the woods' defenses, and the whisperings of the message from the Flyte ended there.

But the message had been spread, and Ariel had heard it and was more than tempted by the reward it promised to those chosen six. This temptation had spared her latest victims of being relieved of their more precious possessions, as she made her way to Harmony. The trip itself had taken a few days, both by foot and unruly transportation where she had to get rough with fellow travelers.

With a sigh of relief and a bored look on her face, Ariel stared at the tall, orange and vine encrusted gates of Harmony. She had been there once, maybe twice before, and the gates had never changed. Perhaps become a little more green, but never anything else. By her feet lay a small bag containing just the essentials for travel: clothes, money, jewels, and water. Everything else she carried on her person: two daggers and a number of smoke bombs. The smoke bombs Ariel rarely ever needed, but they did come in handy when she needed to make a quick escape. Or just elude people for a little bit.

Picking a piece of dirt out of her nails, she took her time before picking up the small bag and strolling into Harmony. The building itself that she would need to look for would be the tallest, grandest building in Harmony. What else would the Child and Flyte live in, anyway? A small smirk tugged at her lips, with such a grand building, there would have to be a few things worth stealing.

Hresvelgr
It's 11PM, do you know where you...

Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 PM

Kane's travels had brought him to the large city of harmony. It always did. Two or three times a year. Being a monk and healer, he was to visit the magnificent view, and to get in touch with his holy side. Even though Kane was really no holy man. He was in fact probably one of the worst. In his defense, Kane did not want to be as such. His parents before him wanted their son to follow in their path. Still, as a holy man Kane did get a lot of free bees. He had been in the tower when the mysterious man attacked. Not hiding at all. In fact Kane was healing all he could, though most of the men still faced the end. It was a very sad time in deed.

Kane now was in the washroom. For the third time today. He could just feel blood covering every inch of his body, and even though he was a doctor, seeing those sights could shake anyone up a bit. He got out and dried off. Pulling on his usual blue robes before stepping out of the large building. He sat on the sidewalk out front, not really thinking about anything. Or at least trying not to. It was becoming easier each day.

((Sorry its short. I wasn't sure what to type about.))

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2010, 09:46 PM

Kanade sat at her bed in her room. It was same routine everyday, yet, she was too afraid to stray away from her everyday activities for her "guardians" had told her about the "evils" of the outside world. Her room was on the tallest tower that overlooked the city, but it had no windows in fear that she would be "tainted." Her room was simple yet she loved the different blues and such. The problem was, she was naive, unaware of the outside world. Yet her curiosity was crushed by her guardians who told her otherwise. So, to pass the time, she made small ice sculptures using her "ablilities."

[eh, not my best, but its as long as i could make it~]

` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2010, 10:05 PM

When the old world began to fall, leaving millions in a live or die situation, rose the Flyte. The first. His station in the world was higher than what people used to call the "Pope". The only difference is that he didn't follow a religion, nor was he the grand schemer behind one. The Flyte was a leader of peace and tranquility among those who followed him. Among those who followed him, were always cared for. Financially, emotionally, physically; anything. As the years passed, the Flytes popularity rose steadily.

Now, there is a Flyte in every city around the planet. They are given immense power over the city and its citizens; they are the supreme law in courts, maker of laws; they regulate economy and trade. Such power doesn't come without consequences. Flytes have become tainted in recent years, using the power presented to them to their own advantages. For power, glory, women, and an immunity to the law.

One of the few pure Flytes sighed heavily in his room, the heavy black robes feeling heavier than they usually did. Long highlight blond hair fell down to the middle of his back, and around his face and into his eyes. He wasn't even twenty-six yet, and he had obtained this powerful position in Harmony. Some said it was the work of magic, other of trickery. He kept his methods to himself.

He turned away from the window just as a train flashed by. Kanade would be leaving today, and would no longer be under his care. Had the decisions to keep her locked away in a room made her a delicate creature? Too delicate to face the world outside? Ciel frowned. How would she deal with her first encounter with cruelty, greed, temptation, and illness? One could only hope that she didn't crumble at the sight of them all. Despite his best efforts, Harmony didn't exactly live up to its name.

Ciel ran a hand through his long hair, sighing once more as he swiftly exited his room and walked slowly down the large hallway that led to Kanade's. A brief vision of the stranger who had arrived just days before flashed in his minds eye. His words echoed in Ciel's head. Who was that man, to know more of the prophecy than he himself? Pale blue eyes narrowed slightly. Ciel had sent people to track down the man, but he had disappeared just as quickly as he had appeared. The guards outside of the doors didn't even report him leaving, even though they had seen him enter. He knew there was magic in this world, Kanade herself possessed some. From which of her parents, he wouldn't know. They both abandoned her at the sight of her odd eyes. But what kind of magic could simple make a man disappear like the stranger had? Just thinking of him darkened Ciel's mood.

"Kanade?" the door was closed, and Ciel raised his hand to knock. There wasn't any use thinking about the strange man who was alone responsible for the events to happen. Ciel lowered his hand as an after thought, and entered the room instead. Ciel didn't say anything for a second, the words caught in his throat as he saw the young girl playing with her ill-gotten gift of sorcery. "Kanade," he said gently, to get the girls attention. "We have a few things to discuss, about your future. I'll need your full attention, because I can only explain things once."

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2010, 10:14 PM

Kanade looked up at Ciel, who had entered. She smiled softly at him,"Hi Ciel!" She said, stopping what she was currently doing. Kanade put her full attention on him,"Okay, start then." She finally said. Kanade seemed to not notice how tense Ciel was at first. After a moment she stopped smiling,"Really, what is it?" She asked. Her room was simple, blue canopy bed, blue closet, blue everything! The only items that weren't blue were her assorted stuffed animals, which lay in a corner in many different colors.

` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2010, 10:50 PM

OoC;;
Sorry, there are sever tornado/flood warnings in my area. ;;>> I'm not staying near my computer at the moment...

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2010, 01:26 AM

[no problem~]

` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-22-2010, 04:23 PM

Λ ɾ ı ɛ ℓxxxx

Ariel wasn't sure if she should be aggravated that there were so many people lining the sidewalks. Sure, Harmony was a big place. She half expected there to be this many people. Just not all in one place, or on one street. With an irritated grunt, she shoved a man out of her way, ignoring his angry shouts.

Another problem with these people being everywhere, none of them were going in one direction. Ariel had to weave her way through the crowds, all the while trying to locate the building where the Child and Flyte would be. Because, after all, that was where her reward would be!

"Hey!" she yelled, her thoughts distracting her long enough for her to stumble into a blue robed figure. Her blue and green eyes quickly looked over him, before determining that he wouldn't have anything of value. "Watch where you're going," she muttered as an after thought, spotting a few droplets of blood on his person.

Last edited by ` l o k i; 05-26-2010 at 07:11 PM..

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2010, 05:23 PM

[waiting for time to post~]

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-22-2010, 07:34 PM

Life....it never ment anything more then just a period of time to people. And now it's to late...so much has happened but it is the same. None of these words make sense. When given a chance at a new life, do you take it? or run and hide?...Liore wondered these things as he looked up at the sky. His mind was always clouded with such thoughts and he couldn't help but wonder if there was anyone out there who thought the same as him.

Probably not....He was alone as he had always been. A wanderer it never made any difference where he was. He had never had a place to call home many didn't want him around. He sighs and looks up oncee more at the sky it was nice out. The thoughts play back on his mind over and over like a broken headache. He sighed and stood from his seat. HE looked around him he was in the middle of nowhere. He wondered if he should head into the nearby town, or just keep walking.

He sighed once more to himself. He needed provisions. Food and shelter he could tell it would rain soon and he didnt like the rain. It was sad, like the earth was crying and he was powerless to comfort it. Prople made the earth cry, they destroyed all of it's naturalness and beauty for their own gain. Maybe these thoughts were why he chose to live off the land as being one with it. He wondered if that made him similar to the ones that had tried to do the same in the times passed.

The air smelled a bit of salt, and he guessed he was near water either an ocean or sea. He turned in the direction that would do for now. Water would quench his thirst and allow him to distract himself with a swim. He was tense he knew others were around and eventually he would run into them but for now he would avoid them and be alone. It was more peaceful that way, and he could be his own. He headed to the water and to it's edge.

Taking off his shirt he could feel the heat of the day on his skin. He smiled a bit and closed his eyes leaning his face up to the sun. It was nice and as soon as he dived in the sudden shock of the cold water lit up his senses like lightning in the sky. He dove down as far as he could go on his one breath, then made his way to the surface. He takes a few calming breaths then deeper ones to stretch his lungs. He looks out in the direction where he felt others coming for....they would meet soon...

` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-22-2010, 09:44 PM

OoC;;
I'm going to be going to someone's house for a night, and they don't have a computer. So I won't have anything up until tomorrow. Sorry this is going so slowly, I promise it'll go faster once I have a little more time to get everything together! ;3;

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-22-2010, 09:51 PM

((okies lol thats fine))

CrownofEblan
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-22-2010, 11:18 PM

{{Have fun, Loki - trickster god}}

The entire wood had been anxious, filled with a restless energy that was driving poor Erik insane. Every day of travel left him feeling super-charged up; each night filled with endless tossing and turning, too agitated to rest and sleep. He'd finally succumbed to the pressure and left his leafy sanctuary and wound up in a small tavern near the outskirts of his forest 'domain'. The small establishment seemed much more crowded than usual. Not like he'd know, considering the last time he had been there was over a year ago. The place seemed almost as abuzz as the forest was, but at least here the feeling wasn't sinking into his very core. Words spun quickly, fragments of conversation clounding his already tired mind. "D'yeah 'ear 'bout the reward? I 'eard..." "... the greatest riches of Harmony..." "...rumor says that you'd have to go through the deepest of viðurland..."...ole' Bob sai' them crazy people's talkin' 'bot a new ee-rah er sumsuch..." "...Weel, I kanae spake for ya gen'lmen, boot I ain't goin' ner thae foorskn 'ood fer all d'riches o' Trae-bia..."

Slowly the pieces of conversation began to fit together in his mind, his eyebrows rising a hair in alarm. The forest knew. He never questioned how; it always did. It was anticipation and worry and curiousity that wouldn't let him sleep at night. Hearing about treasure wasn't very heartening either. If there was only one thing he understood about his fellow man, it was their greed.

He left the tavern much earlier than was his routine, instead of staying the night he simply paid for his drink and slipped out of the door before anyone could take notice of him. Erik faded into the forest, moving swiftly and silently to the giant oak tree near the deeper edges of his 'domain', roughtly halfway to the invisble boundary that marked when you left the forest and entered into a place heavy with ancient power and forgotten memories, the forest's core. He slowed as he reached the countless millenia-old tree, scaling up it's side until he reached a small niche. He crawled inside and placed his hands gently on the walls of the natural enclave.

The tree thrummed with energy, and he listened to the quick breeze that whistled by and rustled the great leaves. His eyes widened in shock. "Not serious." The tree seemed to sway as if indicating that yes, it was. "Go. Chosen?" He shooks his head, "That's crazy." The forest seemed to decide that this was enough of a conversation and did not answer. "Fine. Got it." The forest remained silent, though the tension seemed to lessen, as though acknowledging it had herad Erik's hanswer. He grumbled under his breath as he gathered his things, taking with him the hardwood staff that was wedged in the farthest corner of the 'room', stealing of into the night back the way he came. Back towards 'civilation'.

That had been nearly two weeks ago, and now he was standing, rather uncomforatble and out of place, in the cold town of harmony. There was not breath of life here, no serenity, just busy, clanging noise and bright, garish colors that made him want to shut his eyes with the dull thudding of the headache that was beginning to form.

He reached back into his memory, trying to bring up foggy images of what he'd been told a guard was supposed to look like. A whipser of wind brushed by his face, a small leaf landing on his shoulder, the organic matter out of place in the town of metal and stone. He followed his instincts and reasoning towards the center of the town, making his way with purpose towards the tallest of the buildings. It made sense in his odd sort of way. The people around him obviously didn't understand that the closer one was to the ground the better they understood the earth under their feet and the life that lived on it, so their leader-this Flute, or whatever he was-must be towards the sky.

He finally reached the base of the tower, looking up with a disapproving look on his face. It was tall, true, but not nearly as tall as some of the greater trees on the forest, and clearly much less friendly. He turned towards one of the men that seemed like a guard, and grasped him gently on the shoulder to get his attention. Erik was a rather tall man, and he probably seemed rather intimidating to the poor, overly-harassed guard. (The greed of men these days, tch.) Erik met the man’s gaze, his voice quiet and earnest, unaware of how strange his normal, abrupt speech was. "Master ranger." He guestured to himself. "Sent. Flyte?" He shifted his weight back and crossed his arms in front of his chest, a patient look in his eyes and a small almost-frown, as if waiting for the guard.

Last edited by CrownofEblan; 05-22-2010 at 11:20 PM..

` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-23-2010, 04:01 PM

Λ ɾ ı ɛ ℓxxxx

OoC;;@Eblan;;
xDDD I love my username!

There, just a little farther ahead, Ariel could see the tower that she had spent the better half of her day looking for. Well, the time she could have spent doing something more productive with her time instead of wandering around Harmony like the rest of the tourists were. Sure, it was a pretty place. That didn't mean it should be filled with absurd amount of people asking her directions for places she didn't know existed, when she couldn't even find her own way to a tower that should have been very easy to locate.

Ariel rolled a few coins in her hand, relishing the cold feel of the metal and the clinking sound they made when they hit each other. Any situation could be turned into a slightly positive one, in any case. These people were so carefree with her money, she had easily swiped a good amount from unsuspecting street wanders.

Coming to a halt before the tall tower, squinting as she looked all the up it's impressive height. It seemed to disappear into the sky, and reflect the sun as the orange color grew brighter farther up. How could the Flyte manage to keep a kid locked up in a tower like this for years? They would have a few to envy, and could see for miles and miles. Imagine, even, what Harmony must look like from that height! She would have grown too curious to stay and would have done everything in her power to leave, no matter the consequences.

Sighing loudly, Ariel tore her gaze away from the near blinding spectacle of the towers top. Her eyes stung and felt dry, but she ignored it as her attention fell onto the two guards standing at attention in front of the doors that led into the tower. A slim white brow rose, Guards? Was the Flyte so untrusting of the people that he needed guards to protect his precious tower? What was more peculiar, though, was the taller, more gruff looking man standing there. Where had he come from, exactly? Ariel watched him for a moment, curious. It wasn't often she saw someone who looked more earthy than a clump of dirt. He probably didn't have anything on him that was worth her attention, to add to that.

"I don't know about you," she said after a moment, slipping the coins she had been fiddling with into her large coat, "but I'm going inside." Ariel smirked slightly, before stepping through the large double doors.

Last edited by ` l o k i; 05-26-2010 at 07:11 PM..

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2010, 04:21 PM

[neh loki~ when can i do something?? ^^"]

` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-23-2010, 04:54 PM

OoC;;
When a good majority of the people get there. Last time I started this roleplay, the person playing the Child didn't get a post up until the third page. So you'll just have to be patient, and try to not take up post space with OoC stuff that could be sent through PM. c:

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2010, 04:55 PM

[ohhhh okay~ *skips off singing*]

Hresvelgr
It's 11PM, do you know where you...

Old 05-23-2010, 05:19 PM

Kane relaxed a bit while just sitting in front of the tower. The two guards did not seemed to mind his presence. Mainly since they knew who Kane was. He sighed. Breathing in the crisp air into his newly terrified lungs. Although Kane appeared completely normal from the outside. Just a young man relaxing on the step. On the inside his young mind wondered faster that a big cat chasing its prey.

The memories of that strange man murdering tens of monks played in his mind. becoming nothing but a haunting place. He closed his eyes, remembering how he was holding the holes of two monks. Applying pressure so they would have a chance of life. Nothing.. He had failed, multiple times. Suddenly he felt somebody walk into him.

He looked up to see a girl. Dressed very lightly, and seemly very confident in herself. If he guessed right, the girl was up to no good. Although she ended up wondering away after telling him to watch were he was going. Made no sense since he was the one just sitting there. Kane could hear her enter the doors just a few seconds later. Though he just sat on the side walk for a bit longer.

((Loki, you can't post the same picture over and over either. Its called Flopping. Another rule I hate lol))

CrownofEblan
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-23-2010, 08:00 PM

{{@loki;; I could make you different variations of the picture, or you could just title each post {{Ariel}} or {{Ciel}} to differentiate between persons. "----" lines could distinguish if you wanted to do both in the same post and, frankly, as long as all your posts have dialogue, we could simply go by the fact that Ariel speaks in purple and Ciel in sky blue. Just a suggestion. I also appreciate your username, Trickster god. ;D }}

Erik looked briefly at the girl who had spoken, and seeing no reaction from the guards, shrugged his shoulders before following after her. He pushed past the glass doors and his eyes widened fractionally at the simple blankness of the place, cold and cool while shimmering with all the warm colors of one of the pearlescent opals that women oft prized in their jewelry. It reminded him of some of the shells of the seashore, which he had visited once long ago, with its creamy whites and pastel oranges and pinks.

His dark browns and greens seemed out of place in the tower, down to the shining floors. Marble, he remembered from the snatches he had heard and seen when he wasn’t in his forest. The walls were probably polished granite, with its vein lines of complimentary impurities.

He tapped the girl on the shoulder lightly, to get her attention. He swept his arm out to indicate the hall. "This. Normal?" He stepped back without waiting for her to answer and looked out the glass door to the man still sitting on the sidewalk. Erik opened the door and gave the man an inquisitive look. He seemed to have come here to answer this 'challenge' but he seemed a little lost in his thoughts. Well, it never hurt to be polite. "Coming in?" He held the door open and motioned for that man, shifting his shoulder and re-adjusting the staff that was strapped awkwardly across his back.

` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-24-2010, 12:12 AM

OoC;; @Ash;;
D: Nowai. Thanks for the warning! I actually never saw that anywhere when I went over the rules... ;3; -mustkickoldhabits.-
@Eblan;;
Don't worry about the variations, I have three different pictures of the same girl, and I can make different versions of her. Yay for obsessively searching photobucket! :D -hasnolife-
That was a lesson I learned long ago. ;3; It is an immense help when people use different dialogue colors with different characters, I find.
;D Ohbaby. I'll live up to it! I hope. .____.;;
Even with the picture differences, just stick with outfit look she had in the first one. ;;>> Makes it easier...

Ariel felt a small rush of relief as the cool air washed over her. Had it really been that warm outside? She took in a deep breath of the cool air, her lungs stinging as they expanded farther than they were used to. She exhaled the air loudly through her nose, nostrils flaring. She glanced over her shoulder as she felt warm air at her back, the earthy man stepping through the doors. The doors were silent as they closed, the warm air disappeared. Ariel didn't look at him long as she walked farther into the room, glancing around. It was a beautiful room, so simple yet elegant at the same time. The colors evoked an emotion deep within her that felt both peaceful and sad.

She glanced around the room once more, pushing away the odd feeling to replace it with an age old habit - observation. The simplicity of the room left nothing for it to hide. There was just three sets of door; the double set of glass that led back outside, another double door set of pure black to her left, and an ordinary wood door in front of her. They all seemed out of place in the room, and she felt out of place. Odd, right? The furniture was also simple. A single, round table in the middle of two chairs and two love chairs. Enough places for six people...

Ariel jumped visibly when she felt someone tap her shoulder, spinning around on her heel, hair spinning around her face. She watched the earthy mans gesture, but was caught off guard when he spoke. Two rather blunt words. She'd never heard anyone speak so frankly about anything before - it was strange. Ariel wasn't sure to chalk it up to no social skills, or something else, because he moved away from her before she could even answer him. "That is not normal...," she muttered to herself, turning around to go sit in one of the chair in the room. Ariel only glanced momentarily towards the door when she could feel the warm air once more, but didn't whomever was in the doors way anymore attention than that. She was growing bored and impatient.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-24-2010, 12:14 AM

((occ: im in the middle of nowhere lol wheres everyone going?))

` l o k i
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-24-2010, 12:41 AM

OoC;;
Giant tower in Harmony. Two guards outside, so just... basically go with that description, and then what has been described as what is inside of it. c:
I'm working on Ciel's post, 'cause I haven't posted as him in a while.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-24-2010, 12:48 AM

[yus, cause im like here 4ever, yet i dun post xD]