Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 09-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Hello Peoples! I'm so excited about this new forum I felt the need to make a thread. ^_^

This is a place to discuss Bible Studies, Personal Testimonies, Faith Struggles, and anything else related to Christian beliefs. I hope this will be a place for Menewsha's Christians to fellowship with each other, find support for difficult times, and help each other grow closer in our walk with God.

Just like in God's plan of salvation, everyone is welcome to post here (Christian or not). ^_^ I just ask that people be respectful and that any theological debates are conducted politely. Remember we are told to love one another, even when we don't always agree. ^_^

I hope Everyone will have fun and maybe we can learn something that will help us grow in our Christian faith at the same time.

Some topic ideas to get us started:

Favorite Bible Verse/Passage
Favorite Christian Band/Song
Testimony
Prayer Request
Bible Study Discussion
Introduce yourself!

^_^

I'll start us off...

I'm Boo! ^_^ One of my favorite Bible passages is Matthew 6:25-34, which talks about worry. I used to really struggle with anxiety before I found this scripture but now I just remember that God has his hand on every situation that I'm in and he will bring me through it no matter how difficult life gets.

My favorite Christian band is hard to say...I'm very fond of music. Hmm...I really like the Newsboys and DC Talk (yeah I'm old, lol). I also really like Plumb, she has a beautiful voice and her songs cover a lot of situations that speak to me. There are a lot of others I could mention but I'll see what other people have to say first. ^_^

Alrighty, let's get this thread rolling!!

God Bless You!!

*huggles*

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 05:23 PM

Hey Boo! I also love Newsboys, we were lucky enough to get to go to one of their concerts. I still occasionally wear the T-shirt I got. It has Captain Crunch on the front and on the back says "They don't serve breakfast in hell"

Anyways, we don't go to church nor have I ever been much. I really need to take my boys so they can learn everything. I myself in fact don't really know much but the basics. Maybe I should find my Bible read it more..

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 09-13-2013, 08:20 PM

The thread has been made. YAY!

Well most of y'all know who I am, but not the spiritual side of me anyway. I have been through quite a bit and if it wasn't by the grace of God, I wouldn't be where I am today.

I wanted to give up so many times, although I haven't quit yet. I don't know the Bible front to back, although I know it once I reread the verses a bit. Psalms 37:1-13 reminds me that evil will not prevail and I shouldn't be jealous of them because of that they have.

I'm into Urban Gospel, I really don't know which artist to pick so I'll have to recommend: Mary Mary, Kirk Franklin (and his band as well), Yolanda Adams, and Marvin Sapp.

We just have to stay encouraged during this Christian walk, and yes it isn't easy. Although it is worth it though. !

Serika
Ore no Turn~~!! Draw!!
Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 04:14 AM

Hey : )

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 09-15-2013, 11:17 PM

Church was fun today. I enjoyed the word that was brought fourth and learned to check to see who is meant to be in my life. :3

Also the Usher Board anniversary was great. ^_^;

Saravi Boo

Old 09-16-2013, 04:26 PM

Hello everyone! Sorry I wasn't around the past couple of days. I have no interwebs on the weekend except for my hubby's phone and he was working. >_<'

I'm so glad to see people interested in this topic. ^_^ Llonka's shirt sounds really cool!! I want one too....*goes to scour the interwebs to see if such a thing can be purchased* Finding a home church can be hard but when you get to the right one for you, God will let you know. The devil will let you know too because he'll do everything he can to keep you from going there. ^_^' I speak from experience.

Hey Serika! Nice of you to join us!

Lizzy! Hi! *huggles* ^_^ That's interesting, the message our pastor delivered Sunday night was also about choosing the people we allow to influence our lives carefully (friends and such). It's pretty cool how God confirms his message like that, ne? ^_^

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 09-17-2013, 09:31 PM

Yeah. ^_^; I wonder if there's any clergy on Menewsha. Just a random thought. Don't have to tell us if you're or not. It's nice to stay humble.

Yeah, Boo. It was quite interesting. I was thinking if I should just my own boo go but prayed on it. Then realized now isn't the time for such things. :3 Who knows it could work out between us. I'll just wait for an answer and see what it will be.

Saravi Boo

Old 09-18-2013, 11:09 AM

That sounds like a good plan, Lizzy. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is wait for the Lord to answer our prayers but when you are in a situation where you've prayed and struggled with something it is good to remember Isaiah 40:31, "They that trust (some translations say wait upon, rather than trust in) in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Also Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God..."

If we keep praying and seeking him he will tell us when he's ready for us to move. ^_^ *huggles* I'll be praying for you too, okay? ^_^

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-19-2013, 06:31 PM

love your threadie, Boo♥
my favorite is 'love is kind'
and i also love, 'Jesus wept'
it always makes me cry for some reason
two words but oh so powerful to me, at least.

Quote:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Last edited by hummy; 09-19-2013 at 06:34 PM..

Saravi Boo

Old 09-20-2013, 04:23 PM

That's cool Hummy. ^_^

*huggles the peoples* ^_^

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 09-25-2013, 06:13 AM

I meant to drop in here sooner. I lurked, but didn't post.

A bit about me: Since I began self-exploration as a child, I have identified as Christian. I was also pre-disposed to Christian church by my parents before then. However, I made up my mind as soon as I could comprehend the basic instructions to be 'saved'. Since then my life has become immensely more complicated. I have actually looked into other religions, and each time it doesn't actually take away what I learned from Christianity, but strengthens it. You see, there are SO MANY parallels throughout what is taught in all of the positive (ie not something that blatantly takes pleasure in 'bad' things like Satanism, or 'cults') world religions. My 'spirituality', or how I go about things, is a bit all over the place. However, I still know there is a brick foundation of knowing that (Romans 3:23) I am in fact a sinner, and that Jesus, the Son of God died for me. He was put on Earth and made human so that we could better understand God's love for us. He was ressurected after three days, and I have accepted Him into my heart and have also since became baptized.

Here's a potential conversation starter: How many of you attended the AWANA clubs some time throughout your life? I still have most of my old handbooks, my old uniforms, my old awards, etc. I even helped my old Church win first place at the Bible Quiz competition for a few years.

It's also great to see that I recognise almost everyone here because you all help out with my charity. Even in an online format... it shows that you are living your faith, which is awesome.

Saravi Boo

Old 09-25-2013, 11:25 AM

*huggles Crow* ^_^ Thanks for sharing.

I was in AWANA for a while when I was in elementary and middle school. ^_^ We eventually moved away and I got out of it but it left me with some fond memories. ^_^

Okay folks, gotta go to work now. ^_^ Talk to you later.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 10-11-2013, 08:23 PM

I'm back. :3 I haven't been to AWANA as a kid or anything. I am active in my home church now though or as active as I can get without it being overwhelming. ^_^;

Saravi Boo

Old 10-14-2013, 11:12 AM

That's cool. ^_^

Hubby and I had an early anniversary date over the weekend. We went to see Audio Adrenaline in concert. ^_^ It was really good. ^_^

Disciple, Stellar Kart, and Ryan Stevenson also performed. Loud (really loud in Disciple's case) but fun! ^_^

SorchaRose

Old 10-30-2013, 02:37 PM

Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself, I haven't logged on this site in quite some time.

Anyways I was raised as a Christian but really wasn't all that into religion at the time. Now that I'm 22 and met a wonderful friend who helped me through some stuff and she talked to me about God and religion I am re-exploring my views on religion. The events that led up to our meeting are too random for them to just be chance and I met her when I was struggling, but also when I was most open to change and realizing I wasn't really living life but rather going through the motions.

So I've been trying to get more involved with church and will pick up the Bible from time to time to read. I do plan to read the Bible in its entirety as well.

Saravi Boo

Old 10-30-2013, 04:23 PM

Nice to meet you Rose! Welcome back to Mene. ^_^ I'm glad you dropped in.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 11-20-2013, 01:20 AM

Wow! How cool! I love the title of your thread Saravi Boo, kudos to you for starting it! :)
A scripture I've been thinking about often is found in the book of Jeremiah. A loving passage in a tough chapter in an even tougher book. Life can get like that sometimes, where it looks like we're in the thick of it, but we have to trust that God will turn it around and use it for good. The Enemy may try to discourage us or distract us but we have to keep persevering and have joy in our faith.
Quote:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans for your wellfare and not your calamity, plans for a hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11-13

Saravi Boo

Old 11-20-2013, 05:28 PM

That's a great scripture. ^_^ Welcome to the thread! ^_^

There is a lot of encouragement in the bible if people will just look for it. Isaiah 40:31 is another good one for people who are going through life's tougher times.

I would like to share a praise report. ^_^ After almost three years, my car is paid off!! Yay!! We had been really struggling to keep up with the payments. Plus, I accidentally paid too much so they sent me some back! ^_^ That is a huge blessing for my family financially, especially with the holidays coming. Praise the Lord! ^_^ I was so excited when I found out. I thought it was going to take longer. ^_^'

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 11-22-2013, 04:22 AM

Oh bless God! That's wonderful! :D The Lord will take us by surprise like that sometimes. Recently He's blessed me by having a wonderful mentor cross my path. She's helping me grow spiritually and has helped give me perspective on a lot of things. :3 What are your plans for the holidays if you don't mind my asking?

Saravi Boo

Old 11-22-2013, 11:40 AM

My hubby and I are going to go pick up his eldest son and his wife (whom we have yet to meet) and we're all going to my grandmother's house. ^_^ My mother's whole side of the family will be there.

That's cool about you finding someone to help you grow spiritually. A good mentor can be a huge blessing. ^_^

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 11-27-2013, 02:23 AM

Anyone's church doing anything for Thanksgiving? My church is having a service and then a lunch afterwards.

Saravi Boo

Old 11-27-2013, 04:06 PM

We had a Thanksgiving lunch after church a couple weeks ago. ^_^ It was yummy! ^_^

So, what are you thankful to God for? Anybody want to name one thing?

I'll start. ^_^ I am thankful for my family and the chance to see them tomorrow!

On that note, I will be mostly without interwebs until Monday. Everyone be safe and have a great holiday! ^_^

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 11-30-2013, 06:52 AM

I'm thankful for understanding. Gaining it, receiving it, and giving it.

Glad to hear you all had such nice plans for the holiday! I don't remember if my church mentioned something, but I did get to go to a friend's house for food and fellowship. It was really soothing and the food was delish! I haven't eaten that much in a loooong time. XD

Saravi Boo

Old 12-03-2013, 05:13 PM

That's cool. ^_^ I went home to my grandmother's house and it was lovely. ^_^ It was also really short and tiring because we drove over eighteen hours in less than three days. O_o' Thankfully the lord was with us and we were safe the whole way, even when a tire blew out and we had to pull into someone's yard to change it. ^_^

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 07:13 AM

Is this still going on? I really hope so :/