thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2016, 07:58 AM

"I'll ask this one more time," Silvestre crossed his arms, hanging back in the darkness as his bandmates watched the stage, "Do we really have to stay 'til the end? I mean, it's not like anyone's gonna miss us!"

"Common courtesy, Sly," Daniel replied. He was the Silvestre's closest friend, and even he was having trouble pretending he wasn't annoyed beyond belief right now, "Besides, we went over our set time. You know that's--"

"Barely," he leaned in with a broad, teasing grin, "And anyway, I'm not the one who thought we needed those extra guitar solos." Daniel shot him a look, but his smile didn't waver for a second. They both knew Dani had only thrown in those solos to make up for the half-assed performance Silvestre gave on what was once one of their best songs. A slow ballad (unusual compared to their other, upbeat songs), laden with hurt and anger... Yeah, Sly was in an emotional place when he wrote it. The sort of place he didn't much feel like going back to these days. So it sounded forced: high notes not quite high enough, his voice lacking the oomph needed to drive the lyrics home. Daniel could've pointed this out of course. But he didn't. He knew his friend would just brush it off like always.

"You fuckin' killed it, by the way," Silvestre playfully elbowed him in the side, sidling up next to him and turning his attention to the stage as well. That was about the closest he'd ever come to either an apology or a 'thank you'.

Daniel only eyed him for another second before heaving a defeated sigh, "Damn right I did. Jackass."

"Ah, you love me," he snorted. Silvestre's humor was ever equal parts compliment and teasing jabs. He pissed people off sometimes, sure, but he was just as quick to try and make them laugh. Now, his true ire (usually in the form of passive-aggressive snubbing, underhanded comments, and the occasional rude vaguetweet) was reserved for certain, very specific people. "At least they're almost through," his voice was low, lacking its earlier mirth, "Can you blame me for wanting to skip out early?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-27-2016, 05:33 AM

The fast tempo of the song soared over the stadium, reaching toward a crescendo that hadn't happened yet. The leader of the band known as Obsessed with Your Obsession navigated the complex notes with a style most would consider unusual. To the fans cheering though, Axel's slightly soulful voice made it brilliant. The man himself wore an outfit of punk-style black and zippers, his jacket ripped off at the sleeves and flying out behind him while his shirt rode up to reveal taught abs. Midnight blue hair slanted across his forehead, starting out black at the roots and shifting to the deep ultramarine color that he'd made his signature. Judging by the grin on his face, he knew just what it did to the fan girls...and boys too. Throwing back his head with a quick spurt of rap inspired singing, he let the song spin toward its finish.

The band had been his baby and now, he too them all to the top. He needed to though, like he needed this warmth of the crowd telling him he was amazing as he hit the last note and the entire stadium exploded. He was amazing. He was a genius. He was god. Axel’s eyes slipped closed for a second before Yvonne’s voice in his ear made him grin like the god he pretended to be and wave for the fans. They stayed like that, basking in the glow of stardom for minutes before finally pulling away from the stage. Axel resisted the urge to run away as soon as the encouragement from his fans ended.

“Fuck, you were amazing!” Lionus exclaimed, clapping Axel on the shoulder immediately. The midnight haired man threw the comment back with a grin, perfectly hiding the fact that it felt like spiders crawled up his skin behind a smile. No one would even guess he felt a thing.

Yvonne snorted and almost dragged Lionus away with a bear hug that could crush a smaller man, which the blonde, muscled drummer most definitely was not. “Don’t inflate his ego more! Man! Just…man! Give me a high five everyone!” she exclaimed. Lionus immediately clapped her hand as did Dierdrik, but Axel shrugged away from the gesture. Her face fell for a second as their lead singer threw meaningless words at them and excused himself, already pushing through the fans and staff backstage. He didn’t miss the words that the guitarist muttered though.

“Arrogant dick.” Sometimes, even they couldn’t stand him, but everyone felt too high on glory to let it affect them for more than a second because even though Axel acted like a dick more often than not, they were nothing without him and really, he made them who knew more of his real face than the fans worry.

Axel however, felt no intentions of staying behind to revel. His mood felt sour or anxious, or claustrophobic. He saw the members of the band that opened for them leaning against a wall where they had watched the show and he made to slip past. He should have, but anxiety made something inside him snap. His face immediately formed a smirk as he straightened his back, meeting their eyes as if to say, ‘look at how much more amazing I am than you.’ His gaze hit one member in particular—Silvestre, his prime rivalry.

thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-28-2016, 08:44 AM

Oh yeah, they all knew that look. It didn't take long for (almost) every member of "Wasteful Things" to get used to Axel's unapologetic arrogance... Or at least to realize it didn't do anyone any good to fight over it. They were just the warm-up band, after all, and truthfully had to count themselves lucky to get to perform for the huge audiences "Obsessed with Your Obsession" brought out. Besides, they had their own hotheaded lead singer to deal with.

"Jesus, was he always this much of a little shit?" Silvestre didn't try very hard at all to lower his voice as Axel approached. He'd probably hear that last bit as he reached the band. Maybe Axel could even note the muffled "oof" from Silvestre as Daniel elbowed him hard in the ribs.

"Hey, Axel!" Daniel's smile was a little forced, but at least more amiable than Axel's smug grin, "Great show, man. The crowd was goin' nuts out there for you!" Silvestre mouthed the words Kiss Ass with a sidelong smirk, but the rest of the band each gave at least a word or two of agreement. Regardless of the ego problem, none of them could deny Axel's skill as a singer.

"Amazing," Silvestre drawled in a mocking tone, nodding to his bandmates as they left to go join Lionus and the others. Most everyone would rather hang with the rest of "Obsession" than stick around for another pissing contest (even Daniel had grown tired of trying to keep the peace between them). "I can see why you'd need to skip out early," his gaze flicked over to Axel's bandmates, who still looked eager for a whole night of celebration, "I know standing around goading the crowd into clapping all night has got to be draining, huh champ?"

While Axel's posturing meant gloating his superiority to everyone around him, Silvestre's style was to act thoroughly unimpressed by it all. So maybe they were just destined to clash like this. Then again, they seemed to get along fine back when the two bands were just starting out. Maybe Axel's attitude grew along with his fame... Or maybe it was something about Silvestre that'd changed in the years their bands drifted apart.

"Oh wait, lemme guess," this time his sight lingered pointedly on Axel's exposed abs, "You need to hit the gym for some squats? I bet the they'd love you in some bootyshorts if you're looking to show off more skin." He laughed, as if it was some good-hearted fun rather than the indignant gripe it really was. Sure, the guy was talented, but Silvestre still attributed Axel's success to his looks or his flashiness. Or the music style he personally considered "gimmicky" at best.

He shied away from serious remarks, of course, always saying it like a teasing joke. Couldn't make it look like he really cared, after all. Nothing could hurt you if you didn't give a crap in the first place. Right?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-29-2016, 12:45 AM

Axel's eyes locked onto Silvestre's. He expected this and maybe he needed the fight. Too much anxious energy stayed on his skin after the show and it made him want to lash out. The discrepancy from how loved he was on stage to the hostility and falseness off made him doubt, hate himself even. It was too high of a high and too low of a low. And hell if Axel would show his weakness. He threw it all off with a savage grin instead.

"Maybe it's you who should hit the gym," he shot back. Taking a step forward so that they crowded together. He knew these kinds of actions made others hate him more, but he couldn't stop it either. "I can only show off what I've got because people like it. What do you have to show off?" His snap took the fight further, but the same cocky grin remained on his face, colored slightly with a coyness as he dragged one hand up his stomach to accent the bare skin shown there. He looked exhilarated all over again, half ready to jump into a fight or something else entirely. If someone didn't cut in, he could keep going, running on adrenaline and danger alone.

He dropped his hand, fist clenching immediately. Another string snapped inside of him at Silvestre's goad, just one step closer to a full self destruct. "If you want some clapping, then maybe you should goad your own fans. I'm pretty sure they only sat through that so they could listen to me." He shot Silvestre a sharp look. "Mediocre." He needed this. He needed to pull fans away from Wasteful Things, because he needed each and every one of them. His own worth depended on it. And maybe, that's why the other singer got under his skin so much. Axel didn't mean these words. Silvestre threatened him because he had enough talent for it.

thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-29-2016, 05:21 PM

Silvestre didn't back down an inch, instead giving a shrug and a tilt of his head to contrast how straight and stiff Axel stood. Hell if he was gonna let Axel think his whole macho routine fazed him at all.

"Oh God, you're right," he said with a monotoned sarcasm, "I'm completely deriving the fans of seeing some twink in a belly-shirt strut around onstage and sing some fast words. How will I ever get as famous as you by focusing on the music?" Later, as usual, he would claim it was all a joke. It was in his nature to tease, and he often had the excuse that people just shouldn't take it so seriously - which was mostly true. But not right now. No matter what he told others (or himself) there were times where his "jokes" were meant to hurt.

Despite his lax demeanor, he did have tells. Like the way he tugged on his earlobe, acting as if he was just making sure his hair was in place. Or how he glanced over at Daniel (who was congratulating Lionus and the others, occasionally shooting a cautious look over at Silvestre). These subtle thing were the only way one could tell he was starting to get uncomfortable. Not that Axel's words were getting to him that much, or that Silvestre thought he'd actually get physical this time. But having Axel closer to him - something about the shape of his jaw and the fullness of his lips that reminded Silvestre of someone else - set him on edge.

He actually scoffed when Axel touched his abs like that, smile wavering for a moment as he looked away (quickly checking if anyone else saw that). "How about don't flirt with guys who don't swing that way?" it was more of a mumble than anything. His own nervous reaction made Silvestre realize Axel really was starting to get under his skin. He needed to get control over things again.

"We're just the opening band, genius," he laughed, full and loud to distract from that second he'd let his guard down, "Of course the crowds are here to see you." He even ventured to lean in, poking a finger to the middle of Axel's chest, "Though, I'm sure a good chunk of them will remember us once they've lost interest in the prettyboy in a crop top."

Again, he meant his words to sting. And after that long-ass pause for applause, Silvestre figured having all that attention was weirdly important to Axel.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-29-2016, 09:26 PM

"Who's the one focusing on music here?" Axel grit his teeth, a muscle popping in his jaw. The urge to throw a punch welled up in him, but other people watched and he couldn't make a scene right now. It had nothing to do with his manager telling him 'no more'. Right now he just couldn't handle it. Axel could only handle attention on his own terms, no matter how flamboyant he seemed to act. Sure he was all the things he claimed to be--confident, suave, sexy, and cool. But when those failed, he was nothing at all. The only sign he gave that Silvestre's words struck home was the subtle tensing of his every muscle. Otherwise, he a cool smile fall on his face.

"Oh?" Everyone knew Axel swung both ways. All throughout the tour, he invited both men and woman to the tour bus in equal numbers, and generally in greater numbers than anyone else. With his easy smile, stardom, and sexual flippancy, he earned anyone that he set his sights on. If he actually wanted Silvestre, then no matter what he claimed, Axel could get him. He had that much faith in his self. However, the very through sickened him. What was so great about a second rate vocalist for an opening band, just like the man claimed. And yet...

Axel leaned in closer, licking his lips. "If you don't swing that way, then why do you care so much what shirt I wear? No matter how I dress, I'll still be better," he scoffed, his eyes never leaving Silvestre's. "If I wanted-"

"Break it up, you two!" a voice snapped, cutting Axel off mid-sentence. He clenching his mouth shut, galled that someone interrupted him, but he said nothing as one of the band managers walked up, looking quite done with their nightly squabbling. It often ended this way since most of their band members stopped getting involved. Everyone felt irritated with the fighting though and it messed up camaraderie that was much needed on long tours like this. "It's been a week already and you still can't get over your issues? If I have to listen to this for another month, so god help me!" He glanced between them, his brows still furrowed in irritation. They'd gained the eyes of their band members, though no one stepped in either. "It's Vegas for fucks sake."

thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-30-2016, 12:05 AM

Damn it. He was really hoping Axel would finish that thought, if only so he could come right back at him with another biting remark. That was one thing Silvestre never would admit annoyed him the most: all the guys Axel brought to bed. Sure, there were plenty of girls too, but this was a little different. Silvestre went to great lengths to make sure he was never seen with another man like that, yet here Axel was practically flaunting it. As if whether or not anyone knew about his sexuality had no affect at all on the rich, famous, pretty boy. Silvestre hated how it made his blood boil.

Wasn't he supposed to be the one who could act as if nothing mattered?

"Hey, we were just havin' a little fun," Silvestre holds his palms up, feigning an almost shocked look at the reprimanding, "I was just saying maybe Ax should try some short-shorts next time! You probably shave your legs anyway, don'tcha sport?" He flashed his best, shit-eating little grin over at Axel. He simply could not resist throwing a teasing insult Axel's way when other people could hear too.

The only thing that sobered his fun was the look he was getting from Daniel. The guy had the absolute most patience with him, but Silvestre could tell he was seriously getting to the end of his rope right now. Not to mention the slightest bit of concern crossing his mien... it sent a fresh twinge of annoyance down Silvestre's spine. Daniel must have heard that little bit about "swinging that way." He was the only one in the band who knew.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes, following up the immature gesture with a smile, "Can we head out, or what? Tonight feels like a night for a dangerous number of shots, eh guys? Ladies?" He shot finger guns at the two girls in his band, who looked almost as annoyed as Daniel. Though Lord knew alcohol probably sounded like a good idea right now to everyone.

"Ax looks like he needs his beauty rest anyway," he shot a fake-innocent look over his shoulder as he moved to brush past Axel.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-30-2016, 02:56 AM

"I do not shave them!" Axel hissed, indignant at the idea and really, he should not consider that the worst insult here, but it was terrible misrepresentation of his character and physical looks. He might have a hint of prettiness to his face, but he never sacrificed his manlier charms. He moved to get in Silvestre's face again, but the manager pushed him back with a hand to the chest. It was a daring move, but it worked. Axel shifted back rather than allow the unexpected touch to get to him.

"Knock it off!" the manager snapped. He glared at Axel, then shot Silvestre a look too. The both of them were terrible together and maybe, tonight was the night it all ended. Eyes steeled, he stopped either of them from leaving. "Oh hell no, I'm not done with you two yet." Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a piece of plastic. By then, some of their band mates started to wander over. Lioinus stood behind the manager, recognizing the need to back him up. The manager flashed the object he held--a credit card. "Like I said, it's Vegas. Why don't you get some drinks and work this out. If you don't, someone might be taking the long ride home," he hissed. Dark eyes revealed only seriousness as he thrust out the card.

The deal was simple. Take the money, take the alcohol, and work it out however they saw fit. The band mates were there to make sure no one ditched, but no one would interfere. If Silvestre and Axel couldn't chill out for one day, then it was over. Tour be damned.

thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-30-2016, 04:11 AM

Silvestre groaned as the manager stopped him from leaving. Actually he all but stomped his feet and pouted. He was an adult for Christ's sake; he didn't need to stand here and be scolded like a little kid. The fact that he had... pretty much been acting like a child this whole time hadn't quite gotten through to him yet.

In fact, he almost rejected that little invitation out for drinks as soon as it was suggested. Sure, he was planning on getting drunk anyway, but not anywhere around Axel. He preferred his nights out to be fun. And even if he acted like butting heads with Axel was all a game, it had been leaving him in a sour mood lately. He would have liked to tell the both of them to fuck off right then...

But that threat silences him before he has the chance to say anything. It wasn't hard to figure that "Someone" mean Silvestre. Like Hell they'd have the whole tour cancelled or find someone who could replace Axel... more likely than anything, Wasteful Things would be cut from the program for some other band to take their place. After everything they'd done to get here, and right when they were starting to build more of a following, all four of them would be out. If it were just about Silvestre losing a gig, he might have done it... But not when if he were ruining his friends' dreams too.

He clenched his fists hard enough that his knuckles popped, but he was only quiet for a moment before looking up again, smile returning easily.

"Drinks on you? Sure, I'm game," he snatched the card with a shrug. And he ignored how he could see his bandmates visibly relax, relieved that he made the right decision. "I mean, as long as you're in too," he cocked his head over to Axel, "Might even be fun. Don't think I've ever seen you drunk, maybe you're less of a tool?"

His eyes narrowed, not matching the practiced smile on his lips. He saw this as more of a challenge than an attempt at peace. One night hanging out with Axel? Sure, he could do that, maybe he could even play nice for the rest of the tour, but he wasn't going to lick his damn designer boots the whole time.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-30-2016, 03:19 PM

Axel's stomach dropped further down until he felt it between his knees. He didn't show that on his face, but a rush of anxiety took over him at the thought that someone could get sacked. He really did hide his true self well though. Even his band mates didn't know the true extent of his worrisome natures. And yet, all Axel did was scowl. "Whatever, I don't care who I drink with," he complained. It was a testament to how little time they spent drinking together that Silvestre hadn't seen him drunk. It wasn't that Axel got fully wasted every night, but he didn't moderate either. Like the cigarettes calling to him in the dressing room, he probably needed it. He waved one hand to Silvestre as he turned away.

"I'm gonna change. Meet you at the club in ten?" he asked, one eyebrow raised half in challenge and half in tease. A night of drinking with his rival promised for far more than he could handle. He didn't have a choice though did he? The manager kept staring them down, only relaxing his pointed glare slightly when Silvestre took the card. After a second, he sighed, accepting that his gamble won.

"Don't fuck this up..." With that last mutter, the manager walked away, nodding to the other band mates to make sure they would see his deal was honored. And really, he didn't care how or why the two rivals worked things out. Whatever result of getting filthy drunk in Vegas brought, it had to be better than this.

Axel watched him go for a second before turning again toward the dressing room. He didn't pause, just let his quick gait carry him there and through the closed door. At least here in private, he could reassemble some of the frayed nerves inside of him so that he might survive the night. With a groan, a single through ran through his mind as clear as his reflection in the vanity mirror. Damn, he was going to need a lot of alcohol.

thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-01-2016, 02:43 AM

"Do not. Fuck this. Up."

Wasteful Things was gathered in the green room. Silvestre saw no point in changing; his wardrobe was the same both on and off stage (somewhere between dressy, sexy, and casual - so he looked good, but not like he was trying to). So they had a quick little band meeting...

"Seriously," it was Daniel's turn to yell at him, apparently, "If you could be cool for just one night--"

"'Coooool,'" Silvestre made a dismissive sound in his throat, "I'm always cool. Super cool. Frosty."

"Wow. OK, I don't know why you're angry," As usual, Daniel could read his petulant moods like a book, "Especially when we're the ones--"

"The ones who seriously thought I would screw you all over?" Slivestre avoided eye contact, pretending to be idly interested in picking the lint off his shirt, "As if I would really throw everything away over that prick."

"I mean," it was the first time Araceli chimed in tonight; she always did seem to have a good point to make when ever she did speak up, "You kinda are almost that much of an asshole. Not to mention, Axel's not even here and you're still trying to antagonize him?"

"Jesus, so I push buttons! It's just what I do!" his laugh sounded almost incredulous, and he tried to hide his aggravation under the usual layer of devil-may-care apathy, "Would you guys love me if I were anything other than myself?"

"You... you make it hard, Angel," Daniel was obviously hesitant to say it out loud. Which pissed Silvestre off almost as much as hearing that name.

"Oh, cut the dramatic crap, Dani," his smile swayed toward a grimace as he ran his hand through his hair, breaking up some of the gel that kept it so firmly in place, "I understand getting this from these bitches, but back me up a bit! You're my bro - you're supposed to stick with me no matter what."

"Oh, like no matter what stupid, selfish shit you do, I'll just roll with it?" Daniel's words were steady and measured - Silvestre could pretty much tell what was coming next, "And was Micah supposed to too?"

He didn't answer that. He didn't even give himself a moment to think about it. He stormed out the door almost before Daniel finished the sentence. Vaguely, he could hear Daniel tell the others to let him go. The bastard. He probably knew just saying the name would assure Silvestre would do whatever it took to make this right. To make up for what he'd already fucked up.

Only he and Daniel knew what the name meant to him - Araceli and Cass joined the band after Micah was long gone. Though maybe Axel would at least remember the name of Wasteful Thing's original lead guitarist.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-02-2016, 02:42 AM

Not bothering to remove his makeup, Axel tossed the designer fashion he wore over the back of a chair and changed into his ripped jeans and fightnet, a black and teal choker accenting his pale neck. He knew no matter what he wore, the fans would recognize him. So why not wear something comfortable, sexy, and his? "Damn it!" he hissed under his breath. Pulling out his cigarettes, he stuck one between his lips, but didn't light it yet. Even this brought him a wash of comfort. He could feel his head returning, so with a sigh, he pushed the argument from his mind. He didn't know why he let things escalate between them to this degree anyway. Axel hated it. They could have been the best of friends, but no matter how much he hated himself for it, Axel always started the fight. Since when did he lose the easy joy that came with creating music.

After a minute, Lionus knocked on the door. "You okay in there?" It was a rare moment of concern, though the older male showed it easy enough when it was just the two of them. Funny considering Axel expected his band mates to be angry. They probably were, but just pretended to put that aside. Axel had to erase the thought from his mind. Another few seconds passed before a faint laugh sounded. "Yvonne thinks you might have popped a blood vessel."

Snorting, Axel fixed his boot laces so that he could actually get out of this joint. "I'm fine. Give me a break!" he laughed. "Tell her that I won't pop a blood vessel unless someone pays me and then I might consider it." He heard a groan from the other side of the door. At least Lionus didn't consider popping his head because then Axel's ease might break. However, he really was feeling fine now. He didn't need to lie. Even if he needed to spend the night with someone who crossed the line from friend to rival long ago, he would be fine.

No doubt shrugging his left shoulder like he often did, Lionus offered his last parting words. "Whatever. Just don't get yourself killed." Seconds later, his footsteps echoed off down the hall. Axel wasted another minute before grabbing his black and silver jacket and heading out. Confidence filled his steps, his face an equal calm. As he came out of the venue, he lit the cigarette and smoked, heading to the club he planned to meet Silvestre at, planning to get a drink before they even had to exchange a word.

thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-02-2016, 05:34 AM

Luckily for Axel, Silvestre showed up fashionably late - plenty of time for Axel to get a head start on the drinking.

He needed a little stroll around the block first. Or, at least, he wanted it. Times like these, it did no good to start thinking his decisions through. An idea would pop into his head, and he'd go along with it before considering any negative outcome. For example, he passed a trashcan and suddenly thought it's filthy contents would look great strewn across the sidewalk. He he kicked the damn thing over, sending the metal bin crashing to the ground and a pang of pain up his leg. Weirdly enough, it wasn't very satisfying.

By the time he got to the club, he was crossing his arms, hugging his leather jacket closer to himself to keep out the winter night's cold. It took him a moment of peering around the club to spot Axel, which was also disappointing; he was half-hoping some rabid fans would interrupt this dumb little date, but with the flashing lights and pounding music as a distraction Silvestre guessed no one would notice a famous rockstar unless they were specifically looking for him. Or they knew that particular, striking shade of blue as well as Silvestre had come to.

Oh well, better get this over with. He took a moment to check his text, narrowing his eyes with a subtle grin, before making a bee line for the bar. He didn't bother to try catching Axel's attention until he was right beside him.

"Smile!" Silvestre raised his phone to take a quick picture of Axel's face, immediately drawing it back to type something out. "The girls want proof I didn't just ditch," he explained, continuing to peer at his phone with a smirk, "Like they don't trust me or something. Rude."

'and he looks happpy to see me!' He texted back to Cassie, attaching the picture and hitting send.

"Hope you're not too much of a lightweight, Ax-y," he finally met Axel's eyes as he reached into his jacket and pulled out that handy little credit card, "Because I do not plan on being able to remember any of this tomorrow morning."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-05-2016, 08:46 PM

Axel sat at the bar, already on his second drink--a margarita on the rocks. Perhaps not everyone's first choice for him, but he accepted most all types of alcohol as gold and preferred to start the night with something a bit flavorful. Later he could switch to harder drinks meant to pull him under. After all, this was his secret to successfully drinking the night away. Marathon, not sprint.

As Silvestre approached, Axel gazed toward the dance floor with his chin propped up on a palm, not noticing at first. His expression was a far cry from his usual cocky grin, though confidence still radiated from every part of his body. Only when the other man spoke and something flashed in the dim thrumming lights of the club did he start. The quiet look on his face instantly fell away to be replaced by a hiss of distaste. "Did you take a picture of me?" he snapped. Damn himself for getting relaxed. He couldn't turn weak toward Silvestre just because he cooled his head a little.

Tossing his hair out of his eyes, Axel motioned to the stool next to him. "How about you tell them nothing will change whether or not you do." He sighed though, doing nothing to push Silvestre away. He didn't want to hate the other man. He wanted drink with him and laugh and smile, but it had been too long since he did any of those things for real. "Though I suppose that would be point less too. Just don't take pictures of me! Delete it, you ass!" he added with a sharp glare.

After downing the rest of his drink in one go, he lifted a hand to call the bartender's attention, both for himself and Silvestre. Finally, his signature smirk settled onto his face. "But if you think you'll out-drink me, then you're severely wrong!"

thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-06-2016, 06:53 AM

Silvestre had to snicker at a reaction like that. Obviously, he could've stifled it if he tried, but at this point there really was no stopping the immature little laugh. The atmosphere of the club was, by itself, intoxicating. Maybe it was a psychosomatic effect, the music and nearby gyrating crowd getting him on the road to tipsiness already. Or maybe, he just really, really wanted to be drunk and get through this night.

Either way, Axel's demands had did little to bring his smug mood down.

"No way! This is going on my Insta," he sat and looked appreciatively down at his phone again, "You actually look like less of a douche when you're not trying so hard... Hey, what's your screenname? I'll tag you!"

Button, button, who's got the button?

Silvestre had already found one button to push when he realized Axel didn't like his picture taken. Was it just because it was Silvestre shooting, or did he hate candid pictures? It made sense that the glory hound would want pics of himself to be the epitome of practiced perfection. Silvestre didn't have time to find out for sure just yet.

"Evening, Darlin'," he forgot about his phone for a moment, setting it down and flashing his best smile at the woman on the other side of the bar, "Whoa, anyone ever tell you you look like Josephine Baker? I think it's in your smile. And you've got big, sweet eyes like her too..."

Silvestre did this often enough to get a reputation as a flirt. He brought his fair share of fans backstage to chat and hang with the band too - he just never happened to sleep with them. It wasn't really an act. Compliments came almost as easily to Silvestre as complaints. And both were usually followed up by some silly attempt at humor.

"Anyway, I'm gonna need two buttery nipples," he handed her the card, smiling at how she suppressed an eye-roll. Oh yeah, she'd probably heard that a million times from cocky half-drunk (or drunk by proxy) guys in here. It worked better for him this way: he could count on bartenders to smile and play along, but not want anything more. Easier than leading a girl on and then having to practically kick her out of his bunk.

"Oh, and put this guy's drinks on my tab too," he shrugged his shoulder towards Axel. He wasn't sure how much Axel already had, but it didn't matter much. Silvestre preferred to go for shots himself. Again, when he was in this sort of mood, it was best to go for fast and hard rather than drag things out.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-08-2016, 12:12 AM

Axel frowned slightly, crossing his arms against the bar in indignation. And perhaps, just a bit of unease. "I don't have an instagram..." he muttered. Once upon a time, he did. That was years ago though and what little social media he had to his name consisted of a static profile at most maintained by his manager. If anyone was putting candid photos of him on some media he knew very little about, then he deserved to have a say in it. "If you post it, I'll hijack your account and post naked pictures of you!" He flashed a grin, hiding how much the picture got to him.

Silvestre's little flirting game distracted him though and Axel found himself watching, half amused and disgusted. To think that some human being might fall for a pick up line like that. It was a disgrace...and interesting. Axel was sure though that if he cut in, he could steal the woman's attention away with a single word. However, he wasn't interested in her. It was only because she showed interest in Silvestre that he was the slightest bit tempted.

Leaning over, Axel turning all sexy and smiles in an instant. "Oh? Buying drinks for me...?" he chuckled, only an inch of distance between the two of them. "Be careful or people will think you're interested in me." With one finger, he drew a slow line down the side of Silvestre's cheek before ending it with a poke, pulling away. "That's too bad though since I only accept drinks from people I like." He paused. "Or people I plan to sleep with." And as far as that category went, liking or not didn't matter. Sometimes, he just needed a nighttime buddy. Tonight didn't feel like one of those, but he did want to show off. Should the right person come along, he would definitely invite them over, not matter who that person might be.

Axel grunted, returning his eyes to Silvestre with a serious stare. "....Buttery nipples...."

thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-08-2016, 02:26 AM

"Like no one's ever done that before," he snorted. OK, maybe nothing quite that bad, but his bandmates screwed with his social media plenty - if only because he annoyed them first. And they all knew he could laugh most anything off. Besides, he hardly believed Axel knew how to do anything of the sort. For some reason though, he didn't feel like posting the picture right then. He didn't delete it either.

Of course, the next moment, he regretted not posting the pic with some really obnoxious caption.

The bartender was still working in front of them when Axel started that flirtatious little act. Silvestre did his best to roll his eyes and seem passively amused by the suggestion, counting on the darkness of the room and his complexion to hide how his cheeks turned the slightest shade of red. Maybe Axel would feel the slight heat there when he actually touched him. Silvestre was able to just chew his tongue, but only for a second before his hand automatically jerked up to slap Axel's away.

And he was barely half a second too late too, fingers grazing empty air as his eyes darted around to see only the bartender swiftly averting her own gaze. His chest was still tight as he tried to played it off. He ran his hand absently through his hair, letting a few curls loose to hang over his brow.

"Oh noooo, the amazing Axel in his tight pants and belly shirt doesn't like me. What ever will I do," he mocked flatly. He realized must have brought up that shirt thing five times already tonight; his comedy skills always weakened when he was actually angry. He gulped down one of the shots as soon as they were set in front of him, and breathed out the sting with a sigh of relief. First shot of the night was the first step to ending it.

"Not the strongest shot out there, but fun to order," in fact, his smile returned just from hearing Axel say it out loud. He held the second one up, "Besides, it's butterscotch! Don't want one? Figures you wouldn't like sweet stuff - all the salt in your personality." He went to drink it himself. If Axel didn't want it, that was fine by Silvestre. He figured a tequila shot after this would do the trick.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-14-2016, 02:10 AM

Silvestre's hand barely missing his, Axel yanked away quicker. An indignant huff on his breath, he spun toward the front again, refusing to look at Silvestre. He'd been relaxing too...kinda. But then this guy had to go and act mocking like always. And he wondered why Axel got aggressive with him. What a joke. Of course it was because this guy and this guy alone could undo every last wall and mask he put up with just a few words. Axel couldn't even say why it got so under his skin.

"Most people are dying to be liked by me!" he hissed. It was a pathetic jab he couldn't resist making. He knew he didn't sound confident by saying it, but Silvestre appeared composed in the face of his flirting. "Idiot." Not having any better insult to throw, he let himself fall into silence as Silvestre's shots came and one disappeared in an instant. With the way he stared forward, he almost appeared to sulk, but this was Axel. Silvestre's words snapped him out of it, leaving the blue-haired vocalist turning once again to face him.

"Excuse me?" Eying the line of shots, Axel did his best not to turn up his nose. But he didn't dislike sweet drinks at all. It might go against his image and though he seethed at Silvestre's jab, he didn't respond to it either. Instead, a different emotion rose up in him. A second passed and Silvestre declined his offer and moved to drink the shot himself. Axel snapped his hand out, eyes locking onto Silvestre's with challenge. "Fine. I'll take it!"

thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-17-2016, 07:57 AM

Silvestre stilled his hand, eyebrows raising as he met Axel's gaze. It wasn't often that Axel genuinely surprised him like that. He was fully expecting another adamant rejection, or maybe a snide comment about his immaturity. When Axel actually said he'd take the shot, Silvestre couldn't stop the smile that spread across his face.

"You know, I really should make you order your own - just to hear you say it again," he started, even while sliding the shot over to Axel, "But I have a better idea."

And who knew if it was a good idea? All he knew was that he could use a little fun to get through this.

"After you drink that," he inclined his head toward the bartender still nearby, smile still going strong, "It's your turn to order us both a shot. Then I order. Then you again, and so on. It'll be like a game! And this way we can compare eachother's tastes too." It went without saying that Silvestre would try to "outdo" Axel's drinks in terms of strength. After all, it wasn't really a game unless there was some kind of competition involved. And he really was curious about how much liquor Axel could hold down. Silvestre himself wasn't a lightweight either, but he also normally only drank to loosen up a little and have fun.

"We'll get drunk, maybe hit the dance floor, snap some selfies, get our goddamn bands off our asses," OK maybe that one applied more to his own situation than Axel's, "It'll be like old times." He drawled the last bit out, as if just the thought of things being like before was laughable. Maybe for the both of them, it really was.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2016, 10:39 PM

Axel huffed and rolled his eyes. "What are you? A kid?" he snorted, but he knocked back the drink without a thought. The sweetness and the faint burn of alcohol behind it felt good after his own semi-sour drink and maybe it was because of it that he considered Silvestre's proposition. One eyebrow raised, he was silent for a second, the now empty glass sitting on the edge of the bar in a mocking manner.

"Fine," he finally agreed. What did he really have to lose. The emotion that had stolen over him filled him with competition, the sort that he needed in order to feel better than Silvestre. Being friends? That was a thing of the past and he didn't even know if he wanted to fix that. No. He quickly shook the thought away. He did not want to waste precious time and effort on relations that would drag him down in the end. Still, he saw no danger in this little game and he wanted to throw away the reservations for a minute at least. "We'll play this game of yours, but the one that will end up drunk is you." Grinning, he called to the bartender to order another pair of shots, something with vodka this time. "My alcohol tolerance is one of the seven wonders of the rockstar world!"

As he settled back against his stool's seat, Axel let himself breath in the thick air of the club. His grin dissolved as his eyes looked far away, though just for a second. "Like old times." The words came out mocking like he meant, but also laced with nostalgia. But he knew he could never return to the person who felt comfortable with another musician. Too much in his life changed since then. He changed.

thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-09-2017, 03:42 PM

Silvestre smiled all the more brightly. Yes, as a matter of fact he could be quite a child. And he made no secret of it either. Life was easier and more fun that way. If he felt like teasing, he teased; felt like laughing he laughed. When he felt like shrugging off responsibility or any possible consequences to his actions... yeah, he was pretty good at that too.

Seeing Axel drink the overly sweet, shot-that-barely-counted-as-a-shot was just as much a victory as hearing him agree to his game. His smile was genuine, the sort he might flash to Dani or one of his other bandmates, as he went back to his teasing, "Oh, and I guess I should consider myself honored just to see you get a li'l tipsy, eh rockstar?"

He even caught that hint of nostalgia in Axel's voice and the far-away look in his eye. His natural reflex, of course, was to distract from any somber feelings - turn it around into a joke.

"Yeah, hey that was before you started dying your hair, wasn't it?" As if that were the most meaningful memory he could dredge up from the time, "Or had you already started doing that? I honestly can't remember - the peacock look just suits you so well."

He leaned onto the bar, this time focused on Axel rather than the bartender who'd come up. He was suddenly curious as to whether he could get an actual laugh out of the guy, "Y'know, you kinda strike me as a natural blonde."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-17-2017, 02:18 PM

Axel grinned back with more ease than before. "You should feel honored. Honored that I'm drinking with you at all," he added with a laugh full of superiority and just plain mirth. He was able to joke with less burn now, just following the carefree lead that Silvestre seemed to be showing. He shook his head, remembering briefly just how they ended up in this mess. "All that damn manager's fault..." Turning up his lip for a second, he got lost in his own distaste so the other man's question caught him off guard.

"Excuse me?" He blinked, trying to figure out just where Silvestre got the idea of hair. Then, he decided that it came up completely random in the first place. He hadn't said a thing. Had he? Nothing to bring up this conversation and yet, just as the bartender returned with their round of shots, Axel snorted our loud. "You're kidding right? Blonde?" Something almost like a laugh tried to make its way through. Not quite a laugh of amusement, but still something. "I've never been blonde in my life, idiot! Just..." He trailed off for a second.

As he knocked back his drink, he flashed back to another bar somewhere back home with smokey air and a stale smell. The place looked like a wreck, but they just performed a show and the members of Wasteful Things came to cheer them on. Had he...smiled back then? Axel didn't know and it made the smile on his face falter. Nothing good came of thinking about back then though because circumstances changed and he threw up twice in the bathroom before that show because he was so nervous. Why would he want that back? Even if he felt a lot better afterwards and hanging out with his musician friends started to change that. He didn't want to go back.

Axel sighed. "It was dark brown anyway. My hair hasn't changed that much. Isn't it just you're way of looking?" He snorted again, trying to push away the memories with derision. He was too on edge and relaxed at the same time, so as soon as he plunked his glass back on the table, he called to the bartender. "Keep 'em coming. All night, okay!" So the man nodded and twirled away, more than happy to fulfill their request.