Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 12-29-2013, 06:26 AM

Will the friendly feelings of yesterday make way for the newer ones of tomorrow?

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 12-29-2013, 06:53 AM

Ariel puffed her cheeks in annoyance as she stood on her bare tiptoes to match the glare of Louis. She tried her best to win the little competition, same as she always tried. Normally she lost, and of course she lost this time once again after her cheeks started going red and then blue. She harrumphed and crossed her arms, refusing to look at what she knew would be a triumphant expression on Louis' face. "Dummy jerk," she told him. Again standard between them.

She waited a moment for his usual reaction before speaking. "I'm hungry," she told him, instantly forgetting the argument they were just having. "Can you make me food?" she asked looking up innocently, as though she hadn't just insulted him moments before, or been fighting with him. She made a point of swiveling, causing her pink dress to fly a bit at the bottom, and thus make her look even more innocent.

Louis was her neighbor since as long as she could remember, which considering she was nine, wasn't very long but regardless. He always played with her despite being six years her senior. Which was a good thing considering Ariel never got along with her peers. She couldn't help but find them to be ridiculous and childish. She couldn't stand any of them. More like she acted older when she was around them. It was something she just picked up from being around her parents. With Louis however it was different. With him she felt like her age and could act much more freely without worry. When he was around she was always happy. She didn't understand why he tolerated her, but she didn't care since she loved him. To her he was the best person ever.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-29-2013, 07:22 AM

A slight grin played at the edges of Louis' lips as he kept his narrowed gaze directed down at the small nine-year-old. It took a lot of his willpower not to start laughing as her cheeks began to change colors. Once she tore her gaze away and harrumped though, he couldn't keep the laugh in and let it out, chuckling at her expression and her usual phrase.

He was just coming down from his fit of laughter when he caught her question and saw her attempting to play innocent. Ariel had been his neighbor for nine years. He was six when she was born, he remembered going over to her home with his parents to congratulate her mother. She had been so tiny then, it was so strange thinking back on those days when she could barely move and certainly didn't know how to speak. But she was always laughing when he saw her. It was nice to see such a happy baby.

Of course, it came down to him to babysit whenever the neighbors went out and he had gotten old enough to take care of her. It never bothered him. Ariel was a lot of fun to play with, and coming up with little games and competitions to keep her entertained was always an adventure. He grinned and bent over to scoop her up into his arms and turned in the direction of the kitchen, walking along. "Of course Princess. What would you like to eat?"

Midorikawa

Old 12-29-2013, 07:46 AM

Ariel smiled brightly as she was picked up. She tapped her chin in thought at what to eat. "I want...peanut butter and jelly." She knew her house had different jellies and jams, but she also knew she didn't have to say which kind since Louis always knew her favorite kind was strawberry. Strawberries were her favorite food, even more than chocolate. Maybe that was one of the reasons that she didn't fit in with her peers. Most of them preferred to eat candy and other junk foods. She preferred fruits and other healthy snacks, especially strawberries.

She watched him as he made her her sandwich. When he finished she jumped up on a chair at her granite island counter, biting right into it and savoring the taste of the peanut butter mixed with the jam. "Can I have some strawberry milk too please?" she asked politely, knowing he would oblige to her wishes and use the strawberry syrup and normal white milk to make it.

When she finished she helped him clean up and then looked up at him questioningly. "What do you want to do now?" she asked him, hearing the door open she frowned knowing her parents were home. That meant that Louis would most likely go home soon. She puffed her cheeks in annoyance at her fun time being ruined. "Why couldn't they stay out longer," she whined.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-29-2013, 04:36 PM

It wasn't difficult making a snack for Ariel. She wasn't as picky about what she ate like how kids could sometimes be. And peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were relatively simple to make anyway. He was quick to pluck a jar of strawberry jam from the shelf and to make the sticky sandwich for the little girl. Before she had even asked for it, he had already pulled the milk from the refrigerator and was mixing her a glass of strawberry milk. He found it cute that she loved strawberries so much.

While Ariel ate Louis cleaned up the things he had used, putting everything back from where he had gotten them. He also wet a paper towel and set it next to Ariel so that she could wipe her hands and mouth with it to clear them from any sticky residue. He'd been around enough to know that she wasn't always perfectly neat when eating.

The front door opened as she spoke again and he smiled, mussing up her hair with a hand as he led the way out to the front hall where Ariel's parents were entering. He bid them a good day before crouching down to Ariel's level and pressing a small kiss to her forehead. "No whining. It's unbecoming of a Princess." he teased, still smiling good-naturedly. "We can play another time, for now, I have some work to do and I'm sure your parents would love to hear about your day."

Midorikawa

Old 12-30-2013, 01:22 AM

Ariel frowned as she watched Louis leave. She then proceeded to follow her parents into the living room, the three of them sitting down as they always did. And as always they asked her how her day was and what she did with Louis. "Same old same old," she told them. She always stated those same words at first, but then would soon go into details, usually excited about the fun she had with him.

After talking for a bit the family sat down and watched a movie together before they had dinner. Ariel's mother made them some mashed potatoes, meatloaf and angel hair pasta. The family chatted as they ate dinner, things that were usual to their family. It was an odd simple life, but Ariel didn't mind it at all. She had loving parents and Louis. As long as she had that she was content. Happy. Blissful.

After dinner she took a bath and then it was off to bed for her. Her dreams were filled with joy and Louis. She couldn't wait till the next time he would come over and play with her. Those were always the best days.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-30-2013, 03:32 AM

Going home nowadays seemed more like a chore. He never knew if it was exactly safe or not at home, it seemed the littlest things could start off arguments and he was walking around on eggshells throughout the house, trying to make it seem like he wasn't even there. The few hours he could spend over at Ariel's place were a relief to him. An escape. The little girl was so bright and happy whenever he saw her, it was a breath of fresh air from what the environment in his home had become.

Of course, they all knew how to put on a show, act like the perfect family they had once used to be. Caring and thoughtful and all that. But once back in the confines of their own home...Louis started to find that locking himself in his own room was a more and more tempting idea with each passing day. Today he didn't quite make it there.

Well...at least they weren't shouting. The three of them sat down at the dining room table, silent. Louis looked between his parents, who both wore tired expressions. It was a talk. They explained everything that was going on, why there had been so much arguing going on, and what they were looking into in an attempt to fix it. The biggest option they had was a change in scenery. Neither of them were happy with their workplaces and the schools could always be better. They had already scouted out a place in a city in another state. Louis took this all in quietly. He didn't shout, or throw a tantrum, or complain. He just nodded and excused himself from the table.

Back in his own room, Louis found himself lying on his back and just staring at his ceiling. Moving. The concept he understood, and there was hope that it would fix all the problems they were having at home. But that also meant leaving all the friends he had and the life he was used to behind. His eyes flickered to the window and across to the house that lay beside his. He wondered how Ariel would take the news if he told her. He didn't want to see that happy little girl cry. So then he wouldn't.

They weren't leaving yet. Not at least for another two weeks according to his parents' calculations. It was fine. He would let all his friends know and they would all exchange contact information, and then...he would figure out what to tell Ariel. His parents weren't going to announce the move until the day of, so there was no worry of the little girl finding out before he was ready to tell her.

Midorikawa

Old 12-30-2013, 05:25 AM

Ariel let out a small yawn as she stretched and rose for the morning. Getting up she got dressed and walked into the kitchen to see her father making pancakes and bacon. She simply walked over to the table taking a seat as her mother set it, and served her a glass of orange juice. The family then sat down together, eating and chatting. Once finished they cleaned up. As they did so Ariel couldn't help but look towards Louis' house, wondering if she would see him that day.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-30-2013, 06:43 PM

A yawn slipped from Louis' lips as he stood before the bathroom mirror, brushing his teeth. His mother appeared in the doorway a moment later and looked in, asking him what his plans for the day were. He glanced back at her before bending over to rinse out his mouth.

"I'm probably gonna go and take Ariel to the park or something. She must be getting bored being stuck inside all day."

It was nice being on vacation, but being stuck inside a house day and and day out...Louis sure couldn't be kept inside when he was younger, he didn't know how Ariel hadn't asked him to go to the park or something earlier. They'd been inside the house for the past week, playing with toys and board games and the like. Maybe her parents took her out on the days he couldn't watch her.

After a quick breakfast with his mom, his dad having already left for work, Louis headed across the yard and rang the doorbell, waiting for someone to open the door.

Midorikawa

Old 12-30-2013, 06:58 PM

Ariel ran to the door, opening up and smiling a big smile at seeing it was Louis. "Louis!" she exclaimed jumping into his arms for a hug. "Are you watching me again today? What are we doing today? Whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to be fun!" she bombarded him with questions and comments. At least until her mother came in.

"Ariel mind if I talk to Louis privately. It's important," she said. Ariel nodded, leaving the room, and the two together alone. "Louis you don't have to watch her today...or anymore....your mother told me that you are moving. So if you wish to spend what time you have here left with your friends, then I understand. I've already started looking for someone to babysit her, and can take off work till then so you don't have to worry." She slightly turned her head, smiling as she could hear Ariel singing.

"Going to the chapel, and I'm gonna get married. Going to the chapel and I'm gonna get married. Gee I really love you and I'm gonna get married. Going to the chapel of love."

Her mother chuckled as she heard the young voice mistakenly sing ''I'm" rather than "we're" like in the song. She then turned back to Louis to hear his reply.