NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 12-24-2013, 07:22 AM

The Goddess listened to him until it became apparent that Carter wanted to just sleep, perhaps to think about his situation. He sighed and rolled over, trying to relax so he could sleep, but worry was coursing through his body. He had disobeyed the High Priest too much today, his punishment would be severe. Perhaps another whipping or branding... Or maybe being locked in the Isolation Chamber for another week...

His dreams were full of unseen nightmares, and he constantly awoke at night in a cold sweat. He was glad when morning came and Carter was still by his side. They were awoken by the High Priest, who had brought them some breakfast.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-27-2013, 05:22 AM

When he woke up he was shivering hard, feeling dirty and painful, sad and lost, every feeling both physical and emotional wrapped around him in a vise, restricting him when he tried to struggle until he realized it was the thin blanket around him, wrapped like a silver cocoon over his arms and legs, pulled up to his chin. How had he slept so long, and so deeply? Perhaps he was lucky not to have fallen into a coma, if Lily had been right in saying he had an especially bad concussion. Perhaps he was lucky to not have internal bleeding, or swelling of the brain, leaking fluid... He shuddered hard, snaking his hands up to feel his face, which had become cold in the night.

Carter heard something move nearby, and stilled immediately until he realized who it was. The High Priest. And nearby, the Goddess, who shocked him in various different ways. She was really a he. And he wanted Carter to be his companion. But then, Carter realized he didn't even like it here. He wanted to escape, but feared the concept. Carter sat up, unraveling himself from his blanket and watching the High Priest approach with something in his hands. He didn't move immediately, however---the man's hard gaze was boring into them both, it seemed.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-27-2013, 09:52 PM

The High Priest set a silver tray down on a small rocky ledge in between the Goddess and his new companion. On the tray was only the best and fresh fruits, but only enough for one. The Goddess reached out to feel the tray, but the High Priest stopped him.

"Remember your fasting, Your Worship," he spoke between gritted teeth. The Goddess' heart sunk. This was to be his punishment for disobeying his crazy father. He wouldn't be allowed water or food for a week. He took back his hand and looked downwards, feeling tears burning his eyes. The drops were caught by the bandages before anyone could see that he was crying.

"The Goddess needs to fast to help protect the village from any bad luck you could have brought with you," the High Priest spoke directly to Carter, in a cruel tone. "You are not to give her food or water. Punishable by death." The High Priest folded his arms and gave a smirk before turning around to go into the Inner Chamber to light the candles.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:29 PM

Bad luck. The only bad luck seemed to come from the 'High Priest' himself. Carter hid a growl when the man turned to begin lighting candles, and cast a sad glance at the Goddess. The young man needed something. Carter watched the other man wandering about, lighting candles and lanterns, and snatched an apple off the tray, stowing it in his bag between his change of clothes. "Fine." He muttered, loud enough for the man to hear from his distance away. "But I'll save something for you." His voice dropped dramatically, so low he could barely hear it but was sure the Goddess could. If not, he would at least be surprised later.

Regretfully, Carter picked up something else---a small vine of grapes. There were cherries, peaches, plums and berries, and a few small gourds on the tray as well---things that grew easily in the mountainous area. Eating in front of the Goddess---blind though he was---felt wrong. But he had to take what he could where it was freely given---he didn't know just how much influence the Goddess had over his father, and vice versa, but the moment people started turning on him Carter had to go---and hopefully take the blind young man with him. If they could just get around the mountain... They'd find his father. His friends, the people excavating the burial area... whatever that might be.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-30-2013, 12:40 AM

Punishable by death... That was a line the Goddess had heard before on one too many occasions. He sighed and tried not to listen to his friend eating. The smell of the fruits caused his stomach to rumble, so he got out of bed and walked around to where his throne was. He would spend most of his days sitting here, listening to his father and occasionally talking with one of the villagers. He was glad to have some company, but hoped Carter wouldn't be too bored with his life.

He sat on the surprisingly comfortable throne, listening to the High Priest walk about the room lighting the candles. "You dare speak against me boy, after all these years... Remember, you are nothing without me," he hissed as he came closer to the Goddess. "I made you."

"I didn't ask to be made," the Goddess replied quietly, trying not to think about the abuse he had suffered all his life.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:06 AM

Carter couldn't let the Goddess go without him, and gathered up his bag and followed him slowly. He was pained, in so much pain, grimaced with every step. He'd only ever been in a car crash, and even then it was in the front while he was in the back, and the vehicle had done little more than spin on its wheels. He'd never gone through a plane crash---and survived. Gone through the windshield. Fell to the ground. All after being smashed around a tiny cabin. And his pilot... That poor man... Had they cut him down and buried him? Hopefully, but he wouldn't ask about that. He didn't want to drag up the past, no matter how recent it was.

He had no idea what to do. Carter crept close to the throne and settled beside it with his legs folded under him. When would the High Priest leave? Ever? Carter wanted to give the Goddess his apple. How long would the poor younger man have to go without food? If anything, Carter would sneak him anything stolen from the morning late at night, when the High Priest was gone and asleep. He grimaced when the man came closer to the Goddess, and looked down when he turned his cold gaze on Carter.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-03-2014, 11:06 PM

The High Priest snorted, and it sounded as though he had come pretty close to Carter. Was Carter hiding his backpack? The last thing the Goddess needed was for his father to find out that he had lead the man to the room of belongings. He closed his eyes and stared down at his feet, about to retreat into his own fantasy world when he remembered he now had someone to talk to.

"Carter, how are you feeling?" he asked, worried that the man might still be in quite a lot of pain. "I can ask for Lily if you need to be nursed some more... She'll be coming up here soon to change my bandages... My eyes are hurting again." He heard the High Priest leave the room, knowing that he spent most his days sorting through belongings or reading the scrolls.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:47 PM

While he sat at the side of the throne, Carter hid his bag behind it. There was a small space between wall and chair that he easily and swiftly stuffed his bag away into, hidden from the cold gaze of the priest. The High Priest---surely there were other priests that the man trusted, relied on, lied to so much that they were crippled to individuality. He watched the man, wandering about, then looked back to the Goddess.

"I'll be okay." He said as the High Priest left. "I have some... some painkillers in my bag that I can sneak when yo---the High Priest isn't watching." He slid his hand through his bag, digging out a bottle and sneaking the lid off. "I'm sorry your eyes are always so painful." He commented, glancing up to the young man in the throne as he threw two small caplets into his mouth and swallowed them. "You know... If you came with me... tried to get to my father... I'm sure actual doctors at an actual hospital could help your eyes.. And you could get away from here." And he could too. Carter just wanted to get home. "I... miss my father. I just want to get back..." He sighed, and leaned against the side of the stone throne that couldn't possibly be comfortable.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-03-2014, 11:54 PM

"I'm sure your father misses you too..." the Goddess commented, thinking about what it would be like to have a father that was kind and caring. "It's been a week since you crashed, maybe they'll send some people to look for you?" Just as he spoke, the distant sounds of a helicopter could be heard. The Goddess held his breath, and was certain that everyone in the village was on edge too. Waiting for the sound of a wreck.

It steadily grew louder and louder as the High Priest entered the Inner Chamber. He looked annoyed, glaring at Carter. "The demons are searching for him. Maybe we should give him to them... To get his evilness away from you." The helicopter was above them now, but wouldn't be able to see anything through the thick foliage of the trees and mountains. The Goddess reached out and grabbed Carter, holding him in place so he wouldn't run away. He promised to set him free, to let him come with... He wouldn't let Carter leave without him.

The helicopter passed, and he breathed out. The High Priest scowled and muttered to himself darkly, leaving the Chamber. "The next one that comes will crash. We have to warn the people of the impending doom this man has put us in."