Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 03-08-2014, 05:26 AM

Jade thought it was the perfect oppertunity to tease Brandon after what he said. "What are you talking about, you're already old, just look at the gray hair sticking out" he laughed the question away, this was more of the fun side you would see Jade in around other guys, but usually Brandon could only get him to act like this, most other guys didn't know what to say to him. Raising an eyebrow at Brandon "What are you talking about, I didn't do that" he shook his head, he didn't use his powers at all, not once while outside minus to keep him and Lucianna dry from the rain.

Smiling she said to Lucianna "You didn't judge, you were just trying to be helpful, I understand" tilting her head she was acting like a total child and was fine with it. "Yay! Working buddy!" Cornelia couldn't help but give Lucianna a quick hug, she was a hugger more than someone to shake hands with. Looking casually at the book with curiosity in her tone, she was looking at Lucianna's instead of her own as that was a habit of hers, Cornelia listened patiently. Sitting back in her seat she looked confused then asked to herself and Lucianna as a statement "Why would anyone want to cure being who they are? Trying to find your way of living is the way of life and living up to the adventures and mysteries it throws at us is part of the fun. Or so I think so"

HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 03-08-2014, 06:02 AM

"What, are you serious?!" Brandon pulled a face, raising his hands to his hair, as though paranoid about his hair turning grey, of course he was too young for that just yet, he certainly hadn't been using any kind of polymorphing to change his appearance, he liked himself just the way he was. Though when Jade didn't take credit for the coffee exploding, the boy raised a brow,
"Really? Man, you've got an angel watching over you or something." He chuckled, reaching over again and ruffling his friend's hair, "Woulda been watchin' your back myself but eh, you know how that goes.." Brandon drew back to his chair staring at the front of the class. Their professor had just walked int, time to be on good behavior, at least until they could get out of the class, though he grinned aside to Jade,
"After this, you gotta tell me what miss Snow White's like.." He smirked, although what he really was after was some kind of reading on Luci, he'd never seen her interact with anyone, of all the luck she was suddenly becoming friends with the most popular boy. Just when Brandon thought life at the academy was beginning to get dull.

Lucianna froze when she was hugged, that was definitely not expected, she waited until she was let go before staring at Cornelia softly,
"Please do not do that again.." She started off, but then followed up quickly, "Too often.." Lucianna added. She'd already said Cornelia shouldn't change herself, but still, getting hugged was not something she was accustomed to. Her thoughts turned to what the girl said next about curing Lycanthropy, but the line of thought seemed alittle too quickly froemed to realize there was a flaw in it,
"And if their way of life is to find a cure for themselves? Wouldn't not trying to find that cure also be the same as trying to cure being who they are?" Lucianna argued the point, after all the advancement of science or magic, trying to find new possibilities, these were all ways of life, so finding a cure for Lycanthropy was just as viable a way of life if some-one dedicated themselves to it. It was how people advanced in the end. What Cornelia suggested would have meant giving up a pursuit of something new and smashing the dreams of some entirely. And also..
"Even I want to change who I am, at least a little." She added, leaning calmly on her hand and staring at the page, "Not everything is as simple as you would like it to be, although I do wish it were." Perhaps it was a cynical point of view, but it was a harsh reality that Lucianna was all too familiar with.

Lucianna looked up as the door tot he class opened, their own teacher had entered, once this was over, she could take Cornelia to the library. At least they had something in common there, she liked the library herself. She had to return that dreadful book too and see if there was something more interesting to read.

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-08-2014, 06:18 AM

Jade couldn't help but laugh when Brandon started checking his hair for actual grey hair strands. Jade stretched a bit and opened his book up, he hated learning about biology as he listened to the teacher speak about what they were going to learn and opened their books up to a random chapter like always. It was time to read allowed and he hoped he wouldn't be called upon this time. He wasn't sure if he should, but he knew he was going to talk about her later anyways, so what was the point on hiding something everyone knew about. Since the beginning in ancient times of the main countries, dating as far back as far most can think back to , and in the struggle to achieve mastery over the forces of nature, people have always turned to plants for help - for food - shelter - clothing - weapons - and healing. Plants provide all these and something more: an astounding display of energy in their growth and seasonal rebirth. No wonder then, that plants have been invested with magical powers. No wonder that many myths attribute to plants an intimate relationship with our daily lives and with our destinies. The teacher barely started talking and he was already zoning out remembering the scene from the terrace and the garden, the garden one showed him interest only because the plants didn't harm her or try to act defensive.

"Ooops, sorry" She smiled staying in her seat making a mental thought of no physical contact on people until she could get to know them better. Thinking for a moment about what the other said she rubbing face once, she didn't wear make up so there was no need to worry about that, "Ah, I'm confused, that's okay, I always am" Cornelia would seem like the type of girl who would laugh away her worries and anything she didn't like that happened. Calming herself down a bit to where she had a normal semi smile on her face "To be honest, I know things aren't simple, I just like to laugh them away. I don't like troubling myself over things that won't change. So I just try my best to have fun" she still looked like a kid, just quieter this way. Cornelia took out her doodle pad and started drawing chibis of herself and using magic, they were small and cute, but then she slid it away taking her cellphone out looking through her texts making it so the teacher wouldn't notice.

Last edited by Immy; 03-08-2014 at 06:32 AM..

HC-Gal

Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 PM

Jade wasn't the only one who didn't really enjoy the Herbology class, problem with being related to one of the great families was your family always seemed to know what was best for you. Brandon simply dozed through these classes most of the time, except for occasionally having a piece of chalk or a board cleaner thrown at him, if not a jolt of electricity or a telekinetic slap to the face, whatever worked. At least for a little while it would work anyway before he got bored out of his mind. Unfortunately, as far as he knew, all the Academies of magic were more or less the same in principle, if not in practice, may as well be in the top school.

Listening to their teacher drone on only made him fall half asleep, he needed to do something interesting, nothing interesting to do in this kind of class except cause some kind of tiny fuss, however there were a few other options as he stared around quietly before notcing one girl looking their way, or rather at Jade. He smirked as he casually peeked at her mind before snorting and covering his face,
"Is there something funny, Mr Curtis?" The teacher questioned and she shook his head,
"Nope!" Brandon responded sharply, sitting upright and practically saluting the Teacher, "The lesson was just so interesting that it made me happy!" He announced out loud. Yes, he was known to do this, and no, the teachers didn't fall for it, others int he room began snickering at his antics as Brandon rubbed the back of his head, still grinning sheepishly, lifting his book with the other hand and staring at its pages,
"Well then, if it makes you so happy, you can read the next two pages to the class, Mr Curtis." There was of course a drop in Brandon's face as he looked over at Jade with a sudden, Help Me! expression but then just picked up the book properly, may as well get it over with..

Luciianna wanted to say Cornelia was an odd girl, but then, who was she to talk about being odd? It actually brought a strange smile to her face, although she tried to suppress it, she wasn't used to being so strangely entertained. Cornelia had a good nature, so she felt rather drawn to it, good intentions and good-natured people always made her feel better.
Perhaps that was why she liked Jade's company so much, there were maybe only a handful of people she felt have that same good sway, among them perhaps being the loudest and brash of the boys when it came to duel and hand to hand sparring practice. Brandon Curtis. He could act obnoxious all day if he wanted to, but she could feel that good nature. No hostility at all. Though obviously being good-natured didn't mean he couldn't throw a punch.

Lucianna was looking forward tot he rest of the day for once, she had two new friends, more than she'd had no less than an hour ago, and she had things she could do with them. Visit the library with Cornelia, visit the city with Jade. Maybe they could go tot hat garden again too. She wondered if perhaps he wouldn't mind Cornelia coming along, may as well see if they could be friends too, a sort of experiment on her part, to see if she could help form a friendship.

Her attention shifted to the strange little drawings Cornelia was doing, she could actually see the likeness, this making a small smile creep up on Lucianna's face again, Cornelia really was rather strange.. But not in a bad way. The white-haired girl returned to her book calmly, carrying on reading through and listening to the teacher.

The sound of thunder continued to roll overhead, rain hammering down on the Academy and the streets below, cars became gridlocked in the low visibility as fog began to slowly creep in throughout the city, there couldn't have been more perfect cover for misdeeds to happen, even the simplest bit of chaos could have profound results on the city in its current state, as Normals hurried through the streets, most completely unaware of what horrible things were about to occur within the city itself.

Lightning struck in the distance, flaring the entire town in its ominously red glow before several more struck, one after the other, several within the city limits, others past the outskirts, near the suburbs.
And again Lucianna could feel that anger in the sky, looking up briefly at the ceiling and swallowing hard. There truly was something wrong in the city today.. Somewhere out there was a mass of growing hatred, and she only knew at least a select few things that could give off this level of hate and anger. She didn't know it yet, but this anger she felt was murderous intent, the kind that would sooner or later end in some-one's death..

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-09-2014, 01:32 AM

Jade knew that Brandon wasn't paying attention, that much was obvious most of the time in this class, Jade stood up with his own book in hand beginning to read "Superstitious Times: Chapter Fourteen" he began with the title then continued "During this superstitious time many herbs were credited with mystical and magical powers; it was believed that angelica, bay and garlic would protect the user against witchcraft, bay had the added advantage of warding off infection. Caraway and coriander were used in love potions, while fennel was held in high regard by the Middle East as it supposedly protected the user against venomous bites, made them strong, brave and encouraged long life. As well, there were herbs to guard against nightmares, some to deter vampires and many more to keep lovers faithful." he continued on for the next two pages not allowing the teacher to refuse him to speak up in front of everyone. Jade never liked being called on, but he never did choose to stand up willingly ever before. Once he finished he sat back down relaxing in his seat as the class watched a bit in awe that Jade actually read in front of the class.

When thunder sounded throughout the walls of the school, Cornelia jumped a little keeping quiet, she really didn't like storms, they always scared her. Though she wouldn't usually admit it to just anyone; outside became darker as the lights flickered from the weather. This made Cornelia scoot a little closer, about an inch towards Lucianna; she had a feeling that something wasn't right and wondered what was going on with this crazy weather. The lights went out during class which Cornelia was fine with, she didn't fear the dark, only things that involved power. "Alright class, stay here I'm going to go see what is going on" the teacher spoke leaving the room for a moment as the class went into chatter.

HC-Gal

Old 03-09-2014, 07:04 AM

Talk about being beaten to the punch, Brandon leaned on his hand to watch as his friend started reading off the entire shpiel. He was about to stand up and read, but it seemed Jade really did have the intention of saving him. Truth be told Jade was another of the guys who ticked Brandon off, because of his usually lazy personality. He didn't bother dueling seriously, yet Brandon knew from their first scuffle and the evidence on his left cheek that Jade was tough as they could get at his age.

He sat up a little straighter, folding his arms and watching his friend, he supposed he owed it to Jade to at least pay attention, for once keeping a straight, serious face, not exactly a common sight for the dark-haired boy. However as the weather started to cause electrical cuts throughout the building, he looked around curiously.

There were two kinds of electricity, standard, clean technology such as hydro electric plants, solar panels and wind farms. Then there was magic based electricity from concentrated Power Crystals, outmoding Nuclear technology before it had developed too much and caused irreparable environmental damage. The academy was supposed to be running on the same kind of power crystals, but it seemed the weather was actually affecting them. What the hell was up with the crazy weather outside?

Lucianna turned her head a moment, she could see Cornelia shifting closer. Without realizing it, she reached up with her hand and placed it on the other girl's shoulder. With the lights out the room was dark, all they had to go on was the light from outside, what little was coming through in between massive flashes of light.
At first her hand glowed with the same soft white light from the garden, it was a calming aura that would have eased her worries away, little bits of energy drawing through the blonde girls body, simply to give a wave of calm to her. She did this purely on instinct, not even knowing that she could, but it felt right all the same.

She reached out with her other hand, an orb of light glowing in her hand, she was evidently the first in the class to think about making some light until the power returned. Once it grew enough it seemed to explode like a firework, slowly, without sound, stretching across the room and hovering in the air, gently orbiting the room in a slow, trance-like pattern as she lowered her hands and crossed them in her lap, half her focus kept on the orbs whilst she looked around, there were others in the room staring at her, the rest watching the lights for a moment before they returned to chatting. For once they were speechless, they didn't have anything witty or insulting to say. She would have smiled in satisfaction, but instead she simply picked up her book again, looking aside to Cornelia,
"The storm will pass.. They always do."

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-10-2014, 03:31 PM

Jade stopped reading after he was finished, ready to be chewed out by the teacher about not being Brandon who was supposed to be reading, but the lights had gone out on him during that time. "Huh?" as the teacher left to talk with the other teachers about the weather ordeal wondering what was going on, Brandon walked over to the window looking outside it, and saw how bad the storm was getting. "Damn, someone's pissed, what do you think is causing this Brandon?" Jade asked taking a look back at his friend and the other students wondering why it had gotten quiet until he heard a noise.

There was a cracking sound near the large window behind him which covered the whole wall of the classroom to the outside since this room used to be a science room until something went wrong last year. The sound started spreading as a thin line was cracking in the glass and soon created multiple lines making the class shake. All Jade could do was stand there watching it to see what would happen next, he had a feeling of what would happen, but he wasn't sure since that was one of the few things he was expecting to happen. "Get down!" he didn't think about getting down until he said it himself and that was when the glass made a final click just as he took a step back and it shattered quickly with forceful gusts of wind. He didn't have time to get down like the others did.

Cornelia felt the change in herself after feeling a hand on her shoulder sheepishly she said "sorry...I don't like storms" Cornelia watched what Lucianna did and smiled "That is amazing, I can't do that" and by the looks of it, no one else in the class did either, but at least there weren't any jealous antic faces in the room right now. That eased the tension until she heard the window making a slight cracking noise "Oh no" she whispered very quietly, she meant to say it in her head, but her voice worked at the last minute. Standing up just as it shattered in the room "STOP!" standing on the desk she held out her hands in front of her to stop the blow of glass and force it to meld back together putting on an extra layer of magic so that the clear glass wouldn't break again as she was only balancing on one foot. Once done she sighed a breath of relief sliding back down to her seat trying to stay out of sight, her last school hated the use of magic, and they feared anyone who could do it.

HC-Gal

Old 03-10-2014, 09:39 PM

Brandon stared at the window as it began cracking. Jade's thoughts were already loud and clear, he knew something was coming. Brandon was already on his feet, rushing over to Jade. He turned on his heels sharply, skidding across the floor and placed his palm on Jade's chest.
Magic gathered in his palm, normally a technique like this was mixed with an element, and normally at this range it could cause serious damage, but he dialed the power back. The energy focused in his hand, creating a bubble of force that exploded, forcefully pushing the other boy back, away from the window.

He turned his hands backwards, spreading his arms and aiming his palms at the cracking window. He didn't have to hold back this time as he allowed energy to explode full force from his palms. The majority of the glass that tried to blow inwards was instead blown outwards. Although he stumbled forward as the opposing forces met. He'd covered jade and forced the glass outward, but there had been a blindspot.
The dark-haired boy stumbled forward as papers and books were blown out by the fierce winds. Brandon hit his hands and knees, but still manged to hold himself up, even though several shards of glass were now embedded in his back, pierced through his jacket, red could be seen welling up around the sudden wounds.

However Brandon didn't stay down for long, instead getting up to his feet and slinking towards Jade, grabbing him by the front of his shirt, an almost animalistic look in the dark-haired boys eyes,
"You're an idiot..!" He yelled, "Didn't anyone ever tell you not to stand by a window in a storm?!" He demanded, the other students in the room were almost too stunned to move, the girls were practically horrified, but Brandon was accustomed to pain, after all, he took pride in being the toughest guy in school,
"What are you all standing there staring for?! Get out of this room! It isn't safe!" He yelled at them, practically forcing them all to life, they started to vacate but Brandon stared at Jade again,
"You know.. This really hurts.. I don't think I can stand much longer.." He grinned sheepishly, although pain was written all over his face. His legs were threatening to give way, but he placed an arm over Jade's shoulder, "Lets get out of this stupid room.."

Lucianna was almost about to jump up and from a forcefield of aura, but instead, she was beaten to the punch by the cheerful blond using a quick combination of magic to stop, repel then seal the glass. If anyone was to simply look at the girl like a simple air-head, they would be mistaken, it took some skill to do something so complex and so quickly at their age.

As the other girl sat down, Lucianna stared out the window quietly, frowning softly,
"The sky is angry.. There is hate below our feet.. Something in the city has gone terribly wrong.." She uttered softly, closing her eyes and shaking her head, "I do not know where, everything just feels so wrong. But I fear this storm is the least of the troubles spreading through this city.." She added, leaning on her hand, the frown didn't leave. There was a saddened look on her face as she stared at the angered sky,
"I hate that feeling..."

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-11-2014, 02:53 AM

Jade blinked for a moment, he was always bad when it came down to reacting to events, even if he could see them coming before hand; watching what Brandon had done he was grateful, but now his friend was in pain because of him. Shit. I need to find a healing mage and quick he thought to himself knowing he was never good at healing except whenever he had some sort of self harm against him self, that was the only time he healed anything.

Then he remembered The Garden standing up he took one of Brandon's arms over his shoulder and placed his free arm around his friend's waist. "Sorry, come on. We need to find Lucianna" if he was going to take Brandon to the garden, he sure as hell wasn't about to leave Lucianna behind as he kept Brandon's weight more on them hoping he wouldn't pass out on him or anything. The garden was down the hall from Lucianna's classroom which he knew where it was, luckily because he originally wanted that classroom, and the teacher wasn't a pain. Jade remembered a magic spell he could use and put his plan into action. Sending out his thoughts magically not sure if this would work or not as he headed straight for the garden as fast as he could, he sent his thoughts out to Lucianna The Garden, get there quickly he was quite worried about her.

~ ~ ~

Something in Cornelia made her wake up once she heard what Lucianna said and realized they shouldn't be in the classroom. "Everyone" she said standing up, her face a bit serious, "You have to get out of the classroom and away from all windows" when she realized they didn't move, she riled up her voice "Get moving. Go! And get any other students out of the other classrooms if you can" watching them pile out rather quickly, a few tripping over things or themselves, they all left. "Come on, we need to get out of here too" she wanted to know what was going on, but not till she found a group willing to go out, and figure it out with her. She could only do so much at her age and right now that last spell made her a bit light headed. "Come on Luci, let's get going" she held her hand out for Lucianna to take so they could leave the room together.

HC-Gal

Old 03-11-2014, 12:11 PM

"Well well, you're on a first name basis already, huh?" Brandon chuckled to himself and groaned, "Ow.. Hurts to laugh.." He muttered, using Jade for support as they walked, he'd managed to fight off enough pain that he could walk but having the shards in his back made it difficult to walk entirely straight. But he wondered why Jade was suddenly so obsessed with finding Lucianna. Was she a healer maybe? That didn't see right, as far as he knew she was signed up to practically every combat class available to her, same as him. Although he did have a few differences, honestly there were chances he was probably better at medical magic than her.

Had Jade been speaking to her longer than this? Did he know something more about her? Or maybe Brandon was too focused on one thing.. Perhaps this was a sing that there was still so much he didn't know, he supposed he'd find out soon enough. He tried to focus on something else instead, like the shards of pain in his back, he was breaking alright so it didn't seem like they'd pierced his lungs. He was still walking, so his spine was intact. It was a saving grace that he was a tough guy, his muscles and skin probably took the worst of it, but that didn't make walking hurt any less.

Lucianna watched the girl as she seemed to suddenly get the idea that they had to escape the classroom. She almost would have protested this, were it not for suddenly hearing Jade in her mind. She didn't have telepathy, not that kind at least, only a measure of empathy that allowed her to feel the harshest of feelings. The girl looked at her friend's offered hand, reaching out and taking it, however rather than being lead, she moved forward, looking back at Cornelia calmly for a moment as she then moved forward, what mattered now was getting to safety, she supposed the Garden was safe enough, but more importantly, Jade would be there, right?

Rather than follow where other students were going, she lead Cornelia in the direction of the garden, her face calm, yet determined, focused on her goal. She'd never once been called by anyone except those people, the Templars. Her guardian. And they didn't incite the desire to do as told, only the obligation, but with Jade it was a different matter. She reached the garden entrance, but remembered that she couldn't open it, so instead they would have to wait. the orbs that she had been using in the classroom had followed them, lighting the way as she walked, but now it simply surrounded the two girls as they waited for Jade to appear.

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-11-2014, 01:08 PM

Jade appeared a little bit later with Brandon knowing he needed to get the glass out of his skin and quick too. Tossing the key at Lucianna he said "Open it, please" Jade never was the kind of person to say 'please' to anyone unless he was joking about something. When she would unlock it he would move inside towards the back of the room where a few cots sat. The back of the room was made for a healing practice for outside of classes than it was for anyone else. Jade didn't take the key back, he would let Lucianna keep a hold onto it; looking at the girls he said "Either of you know anything about herbs for pain? Because I don't" and that's what they needed right now since they didn't have any small vials with them. If they left this room he would have to grab his from his own room before heading out anywhere else. "Lay on your stomach, Brandon" he made sure the other would lay down correctly before turning to the other two after asking the question about herbs and healing.

~ ~ ~ ~

Cornelia stayed with Lucianna keeping quiet, this was the most quiet she had been since the classroom started, and wondered what Lucianna meant about something outside of the school was going on. She wanted a reason to go outside the school and now her curiosity was taking over. After seeing Jade she thought he was cute, then she saw Brandon and even though she was at lost for words, her mind registered that he was hurt, and needed help. Going inside with them she made sure to shut the door so they wouldn't have a crowd of kids in the room with them. Besides its easier to just have a small group. Cornelia looked at Lucianna wondering if she knew anything about herbs, Cornelia knew what she knew, but only because her grandmother would drill it in her head everyday.

HC-Gal

Old 03-12-2014, 12:00 PM

Brandon held on to Jade, walking with him the whole way, honestly he wasn't sure how long he could walk like this, it had never been a circumstance in his life to walk about seriously injured, but with the students panicking a little and trying to get to safety he understood that there would be injuries among them too, the Academy's in-house healer would be busy. Still it seemed a bit brave to go their own way and do first aid of their own.
He looked up when they came across Cornelia and Lucianna, a grin spreading across his face as he almost laughed again, of course that only hurt him once more, that one definitely hurt more. But he couldn't help remembering he'd only just been discussing the idea of Lucianna and the new colorful girl side by side. And there it was, plain as day, right in front of them. How could he not find it funny?

Lucianna caught the key, her eyes shifting swiftly to the injured Brandon, he didn't look like he was in decent condition, without hesitation she unlocked the door. She didn't have time to admire it, making sure it was open so the boys could pass and Cornelia too before she followed in after them, making sure it was locked after Cornelia shut it. She followed after Jade and Brandon, though gazed aside to Cornelia once or twice. Once brandon was laid down, she looked at Cornelia again, then Jade,
"I do not have any knowledge of healing, I was not allowed to enter any classes related to herbology or healing magic." She stated solidly, staring at Brandon again. It almost made all these combat classes seem worthless, she couldn't do anything to help. It frustrated her all over again, when it really mattered, all of her skills meant absolutely nothing.

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM

Cornelia sighed wrapping her braid up in a bun on her head so it would be out of the way and easier to move about. "We need to first get the class out, Jade I am going to get the herbs I need, please pull out the glass carefully. Lucianna, could you talk to Brandon in order to distract him" Cornelia wasn't asking as she got up and went to look for the herbs, if this was a garden there should be something in here she could use, and it didn't seem like anyone was a healer. Which would be painful in the end, she wondered where the herbs she would need would be at, she didn't even know anything about this garden besides it was really...well real.

Jade looked to Brandon and back quickly to Cornelia watching her run off Oh great he thought making sure Brandon would be distracted before he would start up "Please Lucianna" he said to the lighter hair girl as he started easily trying to take the glass out while Brandon would lay there. One thing he didn't like was causing pain to others, but if they didn't get the glass out soon, well Brandon might be in even more pain. He hoped Cornelia knew what she was doing.

Cornelia needed to make a salve, it would be the easiest, and less time consuming than making a poultice. "Eucalyptus, that's a good one" looking around quickly she tried to find everything she needed, she wouldn't have any bandages, but stopping the pain and blood would be a first after all the glass was out. "Allspice would be helpful, but I don't see any..." finally finding the few she needed she returned to see that Jade had gotten all the glass out, but to make sure, she looked herself. "Give me a few short minutes, I should be able to make a salve that would help" then she went right to work on making it. She would make a salve to ease the pain and stop the blood as well as help Brandon heal a little faster. Not instantly, though it was probably better if his body healed more on it's own anyways. The salve to ease pain would make him feel numb for awhile. "I learned this from my grandmother, so I know a bit about herbs" she knew more how to mix them than anything.

HC-Gal

Old 03-13-2014, 11:59 AM

Perhaps the most curious thing Lucianna first caught was that Cornelia knew Jade's name, she couldn't remember introducing them. Her sudden confidence as well, in telling them what they needed to do, she was definitely quite different to the more bubbly persona Lucianna had been getting used to, not that she minded, if anyone knew about acting differently, Lucianna did. Although being told to talk to and distract Brandon, frankly she felt similar to him as the two of them stared at one another, however only Brandon spoke, finding himself snorting almost immediately,
"You're kidding, right..? Lucianna talk to me?" He uttered sarcastically, "I know we're doing this pretty makeshift but now you're asking for miracles.. She can't even take duels or sparring sessions with me seriously."

Lucianna glared at Brandon, and for the first time he caught some emotion from the girl, not the usual bland emptiness in her head, he half wanted to call her a machine at times with the way she acted. But for once he could feel anger on the surface, frustration, he was almost frightened by the look in her eyes, but then she just seemed to soften again. Brandon was barely even paying attention as the shards were removed from his back, Lucianna had somehow silenced him with a single look, not on purpose, but it wasn't exactly easy to make him shut up.
She half-knelt on the ground in front of Brandon's face and stared at him in the same silent fashion before finally speaking,
"What makes you think I do not take you seriously?" She asked, utterly focused on him,

"I've fought you several times and I've watched you just as many times. You always just give up, you block my attacks and it's like I'm hitting a brick wall, then you just take it and act like you lost instead of giving up, it pisses me off!" Brandon argued back, but Lucianna continued to stare at him, her face slowly turning to annoyance as he talked,
"How convenient for you to think of it in your own perspective," The girl responded, "You can get as angry with me as you like, but did you ever stop to think why I hold back and give up?" Lucianna stood up, staring down at Brandon but then turning her back on him,
"I suppose I can give you some credit for noticing that I do not fight at my fullest, but you are still far from the truth."

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-13-2014, 12:57 PM

Cornelia knew Jade's name because she originally bumped into him earlier before lunch had started not sure where her class was until he told her. That was when they exchanged names, though Cornelia forgot to give out her name, so it would make sense why Jade didn't know hers. Jade helped Cornelia out with the salves while the other two talked, though he let Cornelia apply it to Brandon which probably, if he wasn't numb from the pain, he would have felt how cool it would feel on his back. "So where did you learn to do this?" Jade asked hearing Cornelia speak up

"My grandmother, she was into herbs alot in fact it helped out, I was always playing outside and always getting hurt somehow. Though once this is over and the nurse isn't busy, you will want to get him to the nurse for bandages unless he heals faster than I would expect" Cornelia finished then pursed her lips wondering how to fix the shirt with all the small holes and cuts on them. "I got this" Jade said whispering a spell in a dead language which he knew pretty well as the shirt slowly mended itself back together, though Brandon might feel pain later, most of it would be gone. Cornelia's eyes lit up "You have a fighting class here? Seriously? sweet!" she loved being able to move and use her attacks on others, she was pretty good at what she did.

EDIT: The intercom came on as the principle or head of the school spoke up "Students I am pleased to say that the danger has passed, if you or anyone else is hurt please do see the nurse, very serious injuries will be taken care of first, and healing students please do help out when you can. Please return to your dorm rooms after this short message, thank you" and the silence filled the room, it was hard to hear since there was only plants in the garden.

Jade looked at Brandon and Lucianna "So what do you think about the garden? You're not going to tell anyone I hope" he didn't want people to rush through the garden or know about it, he wanted to keep it quite special to him and his friends only. He just loved the way the garden felt alive this way.

Last edited by Immy; 03-13-2014 at 01:56 PM..

HC-Gal

Old 03-21-2014, 02:08 AM

Brandon kept on staring at Lucianna. He had never seen her this vocal before. She didn't talk during duels, even at a teachers behest, always so unnervingly silent, was it Jade that got this much out of her? His head was hurting just thinking about it, how could some-one be such a mass of confusion and frustration all packed up into one neat little package that didn't even reveal how jumbled up inside it was? The teen sat up, staring at her, but then to Jade and Cornelia. Looked like those two were hitting it off as well, but it was the complete opposite for him and Lucianna, frankly he could feel the intense anger practically oozing out of her,
"You know, I think we got off on the wrong foot-" He stated.

Brandon barely had time to react as the white-haired girl whipped around suddenly in a shower of silver as the long mane flared out behind her. He hadn't even realized what had happened before his cheek started stinging. There was a resounding slap as her palm struck him across the face and he was met with that look again. Brandon was never scared of anything, not the teachers, not thugs threatening his life, not Jade, not his parents, but for once he felt a cold shiver run down his spine, staring at those steely grey eyes, it was like looking into his own potential death,
"Is it that obvious?!" She practically yelled at him.

She wanted to strike him again, she wanted to vent that frustration building up inside her, and more the desire in her rose, the more energy began to gather, lines of white energy beginning to encircle her, gathering magic like this was a sign that the person was preparing to attack, not just to duel, the swiftness of it and the sheer magnitude of force in front of Brandon made him sit there like a deer in the headlights. He had never seen anyone with that look on their face, so much anger, an almost palpable desire to kill.

She hadn't even noticed when Jade asked the question, whether she liked the garden or not. It was the furthest point from her thoughts as she focused on Brandon before she caught a glimpse in a nearby screen, her own image reflected back at her, surrounded by magic light, the contorted expression, her usually straight hands shaped like feral claws. In that instant she felt the same terror as Brandon, but more fearing what she could have done, had she not distracted herself.

The energy that gathered around her body dissipated in an instant, scattering from her body in a flash. The nearby living plants had been cowering at her very presence, those that could move, leaning as far away as possible whilst she stared at Brandon and Jade. Where there had been anger was only pained sadness as she gritted her teeth, tears streaming down the sides of her face,
"I did not ask to be who I am, I am not allowed to be anything else..!" She cried, turning on her heel and fleeing from them, she had to get away from them, if only to keep them away from her, from whatever that was, whatever that monster she saw in her reflection had been.

HC-Gal

Old 03-29-2014, 03:31 AM

[I'm going to consider this RP dead. Sorry how things turned out.]

Immy

Penpal

Old 04-02-2014, 06:34 PM

HC-Gal: I was just going to post to this...Seriously I was. Sorry its dead, if you need me, pm or ping me. I'll unsubscribe to this one.

HC-Gal

Old 04-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranie View Post
HC-Gal: I was just going to post to this...Seriously I was. Sorry its dead, if you need me, pm or ping me. I'll unsubscribe to this one.
Right..

Last edited by HC-Gal; 04-02-2014 at 06:52 PM..