Amethyst Lavenlight
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 PM

What made you join this awesome site? :)

Also discuss:
-When you joined
-How long you've been a Menewshan

Soul
So I heard you like mudkip?
Send a message via AIM to Soul Send a message via MSN to Soul

Old 12-23-2010, 09:04 PM

I joined August 7th, 2009.
I was on that Gaia dream avatar website, Tek Tek, and I was already getting tired of the community on Gaia, when I saw an advertisement for menewsha. I was like," OH. That's cute! /clicks"
Then... I fell in love

JujuBean
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2010, 09:06 PM

I joined, I think about a year ago. (Don't let the fail avatar fool you. I've just been so OCD about how I wanted my avatar to look, I went made and sold everything. xD)

As to what made me join, I don't really remember. :\

angelbabe1
Account OC is Sekhmet (my avi)

Old 12-23-2010, 09:11 PM

well this is actally my 2ed account due to I lost my old account's passwords ^^"... but total time about 1 year~ :3 and I joined cuz I thought it looked like fun!!! :D

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-23-2010, 09:17 PM

I found an ad for menewsha on facebook. I checked it out, and I loved it! I now have aplace to meet friends who have the same intrests as me.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-23-2010, 09:17 PM

Since this is about Mene, I'll go ahead and move it to the Community Discussion forum. :yes:

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 12-24-2010, 12:33 AM

I joined in October 2009. I saw a Facebook ad, and I liked the way the avi looked. So I said "MEH I'LL TRY IT" and so I did!

I was expetcing a much stronger roleplay aspect (to the non-RP sections of the site, anyway). But I'm happy with how it is :)

redrabbit
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2010, 04:07 AM

I joined a few weeks ago.

I've always liked roleplaying, but I disliked how Gaia rps are mostly pictures and fancy signatures with eye-burning fonts as opposed to actual writing. There's no photo-spam rules there, so people include HUGE pictures in each post. It's like, I know what naruto looks like. Yes your collection of pictures and livejournal icons is very nice but it is not needed, not at all....

Neopets is a great and terrible place to roleplay in that pictures are not allowed, so people try much much harder to describe their characters and such. However there's text limits and boards vanish within two days of inactivity...

But here is my little-bear bowl of porridge and bed. Menewsha is just right, as far as roleplaying is concerned.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-24-2010, 10:42 AM

-Joined in mid-April last year.
-Got tired and sick of GaiaOnline, searched for a few hours on Google, and up popped Menewsha! Was very amused by the appearance of Magnus on the homepage, who reminded me very much of Rude from Final Fantasy VII, so I joined. XD

Been in love with the site ever since. :)

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 12-24-2010, 04:56 PM

I joined on November the 14th in 2009. So I joined about a year ago. I wasn't really that active though I was kinda on and off about Mene at the time, but I'm back. XD

Naahara

Old 12-24-2010, 06:03 PM

I just joined yesterday. Technically, I joined last year but got bored with the internet all together. I was referred to here on Roliana. More than once.
So...I've been here for one day in the last year. Two days total! I'm still getting the hang of it =]

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 12-24-2010, 06:19 PM

I have been here since Feb 2007. I think I came across Mene from someone on Gaia. I stick around here because it's a close knit community and people here have become like a family to me over the years. I like the fact that the staff keeps the site clean and safe for users.

royal randomness
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-25-2010, 11:39 PM

i joined menewsha not to long ago i found it accidentaly when i spelled gaiaonline wrong it brought me here and i thought "oooh i wanna try it " i tried it and i loved it and have been coming ever since then ^^

KyosAlucard

Old 12-26-2010, 12:13 AM

I found it threw gaia online...

sweet windmelody
Cookies is my life!!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:39 AM

I join menewsha because I got hacked on gaia and I got so mad and found this amazing website. I am not going back to gaia at all and I love it here. :)

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-27-2010, 06:22 PM

I joined August 6th 2009.

I had gotten bored of Gaia and really wanted a new avi site, so I did a google search of avatar forums and found Mene. Been here ever since ^.^

Leerah
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-28-2010, 11:20 AM

I've been here for about a year now~ :3

I joined because my friend told me to xD
He said he made a thread but didn't know if anyone would go talk to him and told me to make an account and talk to him right that second. So I did~ xD
He got bored of Mene though and I guess I just stuck around because I like the community, and the avatars and items are pretty <33 (but I do take semi-long breaks~)
And I never really liked Gaia at all and I never talked there. And I had a hard time posting on Roliana. But I seem to be able to post here a lot easier than anywhere else! xD Plus everyone's really nice, and I dunno, I just feel comfy here~ :3

Lions
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-30-2010, 07:53 AM

Well, I found this site through DeviantArt when the artist of the Egyptian themed stuff posted the picture up there. In the description, they talked about this site and how it was like Gaia but not full of 14 year olds. I never really liked Gaia, so I gave this site a try.

Sweetsorrow66x
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-30-2010, 08:27 AM

i joined it a bit ago i wanted to try out sometin new^^

Cranky Toast
Danmaku Master
Send a message via MSN to Cranky Toast

Old 12-31-2010, 05:21 AM

I joined because I thought the avatars were very cute.
I used to be a member a long time ago, but I left and forgot my password. I think this was about 1-2 years ago, maybe.
I came back because I needed a community to talk with. The Mene community is very nice, albeit a bit slow. <3 That, and I heard you upped the gold given out per letter when posting. I think. XD It seems I'm making more gold than I was back then, anyways.

Rumikage

Old 01-01-2011, 10:28 AM

I joined because of Celainia's avatar site list, it was really helpful because there are many avatar sites on that list, I just joined from that list because I thought the bases looked a little bit weird but I decided to give it a try today, and I think its pretty good.

Shizukesa
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-01-2011, 11:38 PM

i originally ojoined this site because it was reffered to me by a few friends who all thought it was great here. i personally find it difficult to load any part of the site, not everyone here is all that friendly, but those were my original reasons for joining the site. i see it fit to leave it now so i will spend my last bit of gold i have on art.

x3Nya
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-02-2011, 04:38 AM

I was bored of Gaia. I wanted something different. And I like Menewsha for it's way of earning gold and it's friendly community. ^-^ I also like how, the more you type, the more gold you earn. The only thing that bothers me, is the shops. >.< I think there could be a better way to organize them. But the avatars are great. (:

Brosama bin Laden
Professional Underwear Thief

Old 01-02-2011, 09:11 AM

I joined because I'm attracted to Avatar Communities like bees to honey. I also like the smell of a brand new account. Mmm!

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 AM

I joined.. I think last yearish, I don't really remember. But, the reason is because the other Avatar sites were usually full of trolls and weren't organized and contained with rules. I really like how Menewsha has rules and mods will do some sort of action if someone fails to follow. Also, the community is much more kinder than as from other places I've been on (GaiaOnline). Lastly, would be it's more private, my boyfriend usually joins all the places I've joined, and he doesn't know about this one. I feel a lot more free to type out my feelings here.