Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 01-16-2014, 10:18 PM

John and Jan Andersen have decided to open their home to the orphans, the unwanted. How will those kids lives change? Will it be for the better? Will they find love or run away?

Rules
1. Follow all of Menewsha's rules.
2. No God Moding.
3. Try not to ignore or exclude people.

Last edited by Silver Storm; 01-19-2014 at 04:36 AM..

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 01-17-2014, 01:24 AM

Applications
Picture:
Name:
Pet (if you want):

Please Message me your application and I will add it. Thanks.

People in the House

Name: Stan and Jan Andersen
Bio: A nice, well to do couple, the Andersens decided to open their home to orphans. Besides, think of the tax breaks.
(Note: They are floating characters meaning that anyone is able to use them. I planned for them to be more snobbish and maybe not the most loving family. That can be changed if you would like.)

Name: Reeves
Bio: Has been the Andersen's butler for 20 years.

Name: Mrs. Peters
Bio: The Andersen's housekeeper for almost 22 years.

Picture:
Name: Reena Carter
Bio: Since her parents death, two weeks before her tenth birthday, she has passed from foster home to foster home. Her most prized possesion: the foal, now a six year old stallion, that her parents gave her for that birthday.
Pet: Aragorn (pictured above)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyllow
Picture:

Name: Sage Fuller
Bio: She had never met her parents; as far as Sage was concerned, she had no parents. She came to learn that she had been an outcome of teenage pregnancy. The family that was supposed to be Sage's did not want to know her and did not want her to know them. Sage has had a foster family ever since she can remember. Each family took her in until she would repeat the same patterns and get rejected once more.

Last edited by Silver Storm; 03-03-2015 at 12:34 AM..

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 01-19-2014, 07:26 AM

Reena took one look at the posh house the her caseworker Dan halted the truck in front of and instantly disliked the look of things. "I'm good," she said as Dan turned off the truck and started to get out. Dan turned back with a frustrated expression. "Do you really think anyone else is going to want you?" He snapped. "Do yourself a favor and try and make it work. Now get out!" He slammed the truck door and made his way back to the two horse trailer behind the truck.

With a glare at Dan's retreating back, Reena climbed out of the truck, grabbing her duffel bag, and joined him at the back of the horse trailer. She waited while Dan lowered the ramp of the trailer and then shoved past him into the dim interior. Much of her attitude vanished and real affection showed on her face as she greeted the Friesian stallion inside. She untied his lead rope and backed him out of the trailer.

Last edited by Silver Storm; 02-11-2015 at 12:41 AM..

Wyllow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-10-2015, 02:16 AM

Peeking out the window of the average white car in which she sat, Sage felt nothing new. There was no excitement about moving to a new place, nor was there any anxiety. It was just another everyday kind of occurrence to her, and as far as she was concerned, it was one that would not likely change soon. Most of her foster parents had been perfectly normal at first, some even pleasantly surprised at how well-mannered Sage was compared to some of the others, but that would change once they noticed that things in their house seemed to go misplaced quite often, not to show up again.

It was never obvious at first, but eventually even the most stupid ones would catch on. She was sure the social worker assigned to her case would be sick of it by now, but the dark haired woman in her mid-fifties simply smiled and carried on with her job of finding another place for Sage to stay. It angered her inside, for Sage did not like to be pitied. There were no inherently good people in this world, and the only explanation she had towards Mrs. Harper’s behavior was pity towards a girl with three more years in the system.

“We’re here…oh, and looks like someone else is, too.” Mrs. Harper looked back at her and smiled. Sage ignored the woman altogether. The car came to a stop and Sage paid little attention to where she was, that is until she stepped out. A few feet in front of her stood a massive animal. She took a few steps back, eyes wide as she assessed her situation. The horse looked kind enough, but never having been around anything larger than a goldfish before, Sage wasn’t about to get anywhere near it.

“Looks like one of your new house mates,” Mrs. Harper said, smiling up at the animal as if she was not surprised. Sage gave a slight nod, keeping her eyes on the horse and the girl standing beside it as she maneuvered to the trunk to pick up her small rolling suitcase. She had never needed much, for the foster families were supposed to pay for items like clothes and toiletries. She just needed enough to get by while between moves. The only personal item she had, she wore around her neck, never taking it off. Unconsciously, Sage reached up to the golden bird, playing with it in her fingers. Sentiment wasn’t really her thing, but she supposed everyone had to have at least something they couldn’t live without.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 02-11-2015, 12:40 AM

"Here's an idea, try making friends," Dan muttered brushing past Reena and heading for the back of the trailer. Reena glared after the young man. Dan looked to be in his early twenties though, Reena had never bothered to ask. He was always barking and snarling at her but it was more of a brotherly, exasperated snarl then meanness. He wasn't bad looking either, with the rugged looks of a cowboy.

Reena jerked her eyes away from Dan's retreating back. She didn't need anyone and preferred to hide behind her armor of tough attitude. No one could hurt her if she didn't let them close to her. She glared at the new girl and thought Fat chance Dan. The bang of the trailer closing jerked Reena's attention bacvk towards the trailer at the same moment as Aragorn reared, his front hooves pawing at the air.

Wyllow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-18-2015, 02:22 AM

A loud sound brought Sage’s attention back towards the other vehicle. The animal reared up, and she found herself backing away, eyes wide. Maybe her first impressions were wrong. How was she supposed to live in a house with something as wild as that? Quickly, she stepped up onto the lawn and as far away as she dared go. Normally, when Sage entered a new home, the family were waiting by the door eager to great her and pretend to care. Nothing like a good show for the caseworkers.

Sage would not tend to care, but as she actually took a moment, now, to look at the house, it was huge. Possibly the biggest house she had ever seen. Thought she would not admit it out loud, it intimidated her to go to close without someone else. Inside probably held a rich family looking to show off their charity to their friends. Just what she needed.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 02-19-2015, 02:00 AM

"You're fine you big goof," Reena crooned affectionately, her tough shell breaking for a moment as she calmed the stallion. Her hazel eyes flicked over the other girl, seeing her fear. Well at least this one might not try and steal her horse away or think that she could just ride the stallion whenever like some of the other kids she had dealt with. Now to see what the others would be like.

"Remember what I said; try and make friends for once." Dan appeared carrying her battered saddle and bridle. Reena just glared at him, before tossing the saddle up on the stallion's back and looping the bridle over her shoulder.

Reena opened her mouth to retort when the sound of the front door opening silenced her. She turned towards the large house as four people filed out. The couple must be the Andersen's, their rich hosts. I bet they don't even want us but our just cashing in on the tax break and trying to impress their friends. Reena thought with a snort.