Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 04-27-2007, 06:28 AM

• After getting home from a special showing of the movie, and looking around not finding a thread about it, I figured I would create a thread and see what people were expecting from the movie, what their opinions are, and the overall attitude towards this upcoming film.

I must say that if you have not yet heard about, or seen the trailer for the film, please check out the film's page on IMDB.

As I have said, I just got home from seeing the movie, and given the fact that I have signed a confidentiality contract with the production company, and because I do not particularly want to be sued for copyright infringement, I'll just say that the special effects and action of this particular movie are intense. I have yet to see a movie as well done as this all year. It flows smoothly, and though it might be a tad bit long, it had a good storyline. I got more than I was expecting from the adaptation, and I'll tell you that the MASTURBATION scene is hilarious! That's saying too much already.

So discuss:

// Your opinion on the movie.
    // What you hope to see.
    // What you do not hope to see.
    // How hardcore of a fan you are and how you don't want to see it because it isn't true enough to the original thing.
    // Etc.

Seiki Nova

Old 04-27-2007, 06:32 AM

• Reserving just in case I want to add more later.

Mike
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
n/a

Old 04-27-2007, 06:34 AM

• I think it will be a pretty good movie.
    I've seen many previews and movie clips and it seems like an alright movie.
    Bad transformers Vs. Good transformers.

I remember the old toys and shows they use to have of it, as I was a kid.
    They were pretty good, until it stopped playing. ;P

As now all grown up and seeing they're making a movie of it bringing them back, I think it will be a success.

Seiki Nova

Old 04-27-2007, 06:37 AM

I'll just say that I loved the movie, and as I grew up watching it on Saturday mornings as well, I feel that they did a good job. Sure they weren't 100% true to the original thing, but then again, what adaptation is.

Make sure to watch it though when it comes out. I have to go back and watch it when it's completely finished, because they had to play certain parts animated since they weren't completely finished with the movie.

Mike
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
n/a

Old 04-27-2007, 07:35 AM

• You can actually see the movie when it's not yet finished?
    I'd love to check it out!

Seiki Nova

Old 04-27-2007, 06:41 PM

Well, the production company and film makers decided to test it out here in Phoenix, and had a showing of it for a select audience, and I was just lucky enough to get put into that audience, so I got to be one of the first people in the world to see the movie. It was kind of interesting being a first haha.

But oftentimes, you can't go see a movie before it's completely finished. I mean, the film was done shooting and all that, but parts of it were left in cartoon form, because they hadn't been done being cg'd yet. This was usually the case for major battle scenes towards the end, especially between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

I will say that they kill Megatron in an interesting way. Or at least, I don't remember it being that way in the cartoon (but then again I haven't seen the cartoon in years!). And you'll love the MASTURBATION scene, which can also be referred to as "Sam's Happy Time". That one was my favorite haha.

Mike
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
n/a

Old 04-27-2007, 07:04 PM

• Haha, sounds as if it will be a great movie.
    That's good that you got picked to see it. I would have been all, "Wooohoo!" ;P

Thank you for explaining it.

Seiki Nova

Old 04-27-2007, 07:23 PM

At first, I actually had no intent on wanting to see the movie, because it didn't appeal to me. But all I knew is that I was going to see a "highly anticipated non-sequel summer movie". When they told me it was Transformers, I wanted to shoot someone. But it was much better than I expected!

And no problem!

lena
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to lena

Old 04-27-2007, 11:34 PM

I want to see it because Shiiaaa is in it. :]
and it doesn't look bad xP

Cyzzane
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Cyzzane Send a message via Yahoo to Cyzzane

Old 04-28-2007, 06:48 PM

// Your opinion on the movie.

I think it will be a great robot movie, but I'm not sure about the actual 'transformers' part of it. All I've seen at the moment are the previews which look enticing enough to draw me in to see it.

// What you hope to see.

Something that's entertaining and has a decent plot line. I don't want to come away from the movie disappointed or upset that I went to see it. Not with so many awesome movies coming out this summer already.

// What you do not hope to see.

A bunch of cheesy effects and flat dialouge. It'd be Star Wars the prequels all over again and sitting through those once was enough I don't want to do it again with a different movie.

// How hardcore of a fan you are and how you don't want to see it because it isn't true enough to the original thing.

Not a hardcore fan at all though my room mate is. So I imagine that as long as it's a pretty decent movie I'll be happy enough to go see it. And he wants to go see it and I know he's a hardcore fan. I didn't watch enough of the old school TV show for it to make that much of a difference.

( Because listening to him talk about transformers makes my eyes glaze over and my brain shut down, or I have to constantly be asking questions in order to even slightly understand.)

Seiki Nova

Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 AM

Less than a month away until Transformers comes out and I get to see it again.

omg you guys, you have no idea how much I loved this movie. It was pirates x .75 to me (an I've seen pirates 9 times now ><)

The March Hare
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 PM

I'm not a particularly big fan of Transformers (I watched some of the cartoons when I was younger but didn't follow the series or anything). Then I saw the trailers for the movie and I definitely want to see it. I'm more excited to see this movie than the fifth Harry Potter. xD

You're lucky that you got to see an special screening. Annnd. There's a masturbation scene? xDD

Seiki Nova

Old 06-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The March Hare
I'm not a particularly big fan of Transformers (I watched some of the cartoons when I was younger but didn't follow the series or anything). Then I saw the trailers for the movie and I definitely want to see it. I'm more excited to see this movie than the fifth Harry Potter. xD

You're lucky that you got to see an special screening. Annnd. There's a masturbation scene? xDD
That's the only scene I'll even mention, but yes. :lol:

I was never really a fan of the cartoons when I was younger either, and whenever I found out that it was Transformers that I was goiung to see, I kind of wanted to leave the theatre but decided to stay because I would be one of the first to see the movie and it turned out much better than I expected. Now I can't wait for it to come out so I can see it again!

I'm more excited for Harry, but I've already seen Transformers hehehe.

Lady Arucard
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Lady Arucard Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Arucard

Old 06-07-2007, 04:16 PM

My boyfriend wants to go see it. I had to say, I saw a few previews for it, and it looks pretty cool.

Mrs. Unstable Joker
(-.-)zzZ
Banned
n/a

Old 06-07-2007, 10:18 PM

My husband is anxiously awating this movie...

unfortunatly.. he's deployed to Iraq, so he'll only get to see it in what is termed "hadji vision"

We're both extreamly sad about that.. BUT we at least got to see POTC III, when he was here for R&R

Seiki Nova

Old 06-12-2007, 07:40 AM

Awe, but think about whenever he gets back. You'll have plenty more movies to watch together!

And that's awesome about Pirates. omg, I love that movie. <333

Taiikou
Magical Panda

Old 06-12-2007, 11:12 AM

• My friend Robby is so excited for this movie to come out he screamed ont he phone when a commercial about it came on. I about died...

The Mouse
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-12-2007, 11:25 PM

I saw a sign at a movie theater in my area that there's going to be a special showing there on July 2nd. ^____^ It made my night. It'll make my year if I can go, although I think my boyfriend would kill me because he can't. X-D

yanyan13
im holding somethin long & hairy

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-13-2007, 11:40 AM

its showing july 7 there? here I think its june 28..? or maybe i was just hallucinating?

its gotta be good. if im not mistaken, spielberg was the producer? i dunno... but if he's with the team, its sure to be a good one XD I've seen the trailers, theyre just so cool XD

edit: i just checked the schedules, yeah this movie shows on the 28th of june here.

Seiki Nova

Old 06-13-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanyan13
its showing july 7 there? here I think its june 28..? or maybe i was just hallucinating?

its gotta be good. if im not mistaken, spielberg was the producer? i dunno... but if he's with the team, its sure to be a good one XD I've seen the trailers, theyre just so cool XD

edit: i just checked the schedules, yeah this movie shows on the 28th of june here.
No no, not July 7th, July 2007.

And I was sure that the release date of the film was July 4th worldwide, but I guess I could be wrong. Where do you live?

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-18-2007, 09:15 AM

I remember watching the cartoons after school and all the toys. My son wants to go see it so bad. For his birthday we got him an Optimus Prime robot and one of those voice changing helmets. God I wish I had one of those things when I was a kid. It is so cool :)

Nichi
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nichi Send a message via MSN to Nichi Send a message via Yahoo to Nichi

Old 06-18-2007, 09:47 AM

I want to see this movie really bad! I can't wait for it to come out.

I never was a big fan of it or anything, but the commercials have me wanting to see it ;_; I love sci/fi movies.

Kyonki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-02-2007, 09:06 AM

ooh; I didn't see this thread~.

The movie came out a few days ago here and I went and watched it.

MY GO-. PEOPLE I TELL YOU. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. The best action and effects I've ever seen. The humour is awsome too. I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE AGAIN!

yanyan13
im holding somethin long & hairy

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-02-2007, 09:41 AM

it was shown here june 28.. but i still havent seen it yet XD <- has no time

Kyonki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 AM

Eek, you have to see it. XD And it has to be in the cinema!! The movie is too good to just be rented!! ;D