jhecvincent
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to jhecvincent Send a message via MSN to jhecvincent Send a message via Yahoo to jhecvincent

Old 12-29-2013, 12:18 PM

WELCOME

Christmas Facts is a thread where we can share some facts about Christmas, Yay! How well did you know Christmas? Here we can share anything about Christmas, including winter, snow, coldness. anything you'll like to share either experience or stories.

I'll start...

What is Christmas?

Quote:
The word Christmas comes from "Christ-Mass," a celebration at the solar solstice of winter for the rebirth of the solar force in matter. That solar force is called Christ by Christians, but is known by other names in other traditions. Christ is not one individual. Christ is a cosmic principle that we must assimilate within our physical, psychic, somatic and spiritual nature.
Why do we celebrate Christmas?

We celebrate Christmas in remembrance of the birth of Jesus Christ. But did you also know in some study December 25th is not the real birthday of Jesus Christ???
Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that Christ's birth date is on a unknown date somewhere in March or April. Israel is in the northern hemisphere and in December it almost always snows in Israel.
The bottom line is the Bible doesn't give us the exact date so we don't know when it was.

Last edited by jhecvincent; 12-30-2013 at 12:32 PM..

rhaye
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-29-2013, 12:28 PM

Yes that was true. But Jesus Christ was born on the first day of the feast of tabernacles. The 15th day of the 7th month begins the Feast of Tabernacles (Lev. 23:34-35), also known as Sukkot. Jesus was born on the 1st day of the Feast of Tabernacles! In the year 5 BCE, this fell in the month of September. I hope that someday Christians, that all know that dec 25th was not our Lords day of tabernacle or birthday, would allow Christ to be removed from Christmas and just celebrate that holiday as a time to love each other and exchange gifts. They would then be freed to begin to understand that wise man ( we do not know how many) never came to the manger but rather visited the child at the house where Joesph and Mary lived. The three gifts proclaimed his life, death and resurrection and provided income for them all to leave before Herod's soldiers came to kill all the infant male children two years and under. So i believe it was September.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-29-2013, 12:40 PM

wow, very interesting
hello to you both
happy holidays!

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 12-29-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaye View Post
Yes that was true. But Jesus Christ was born on the first day of the feast of tabernacles. The 15th day of the 7th month begins the Feast of Tabernacles (Lev. 23:34-35), also known as Sukkot. Jesus was born on the 1st day of the Feast of Tabernacles! In the year 5 BCE, this fell in the month of September. I hope that someday Christians, that all know that dec 25th was not our Lords day of tabernacle or birthday, would allow Christ to be removed from Christmas and just celebrate that holiday as a time to love each other and exchange gifts. They would then be freed to begin to understand that wise man ( we do not know how many) never came to the manger but rather visited the child at the house where Joesph and Mary lived. The three gifts proclaimed his life, death and resurrection and provided income for them all to leave before Herod's soldiers came to kill all the infant male children two years and under. So i believe it was September.
You've certainly shown your work but I don't see where the 5 BCE came from? I think the last I heard it was conjectured he was born in 6 BCE...

pollik17
*^_^*

Old 12-29-2013, 01:13 PM

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year guys! :)

jhecvincent
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to jhecvincent Send a message via MSN to jhecvincent Send a message via Yahoo to jhecvincent

Old 12-29-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

wow, very interesting
hello to you both
happy holidays!
hello hummy looking forward to know you better.

---------- Post added 12-29-2013 at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollik17 View Post
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year guys! :)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too kababayan!

---------- Post added 12-29-2013 at 02:37 PM ----------

Santa Claus, also known as Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas.

If your going to ask some children they know Santa better compared to Jesus...

---------- Post added 12-29-2013 at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote:
The proposal to fix the date of Christmas as December 25 was first made at the Council of Nicaea in AD325.

---------- Post added 12-29-2013 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote:
The Germans made the first artificial Christmas trees out of dyed goose feathers.

---------- Post added 12-29-2013 at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote:
The poinsettia is native to Mexico and was cultivated by the Aztecs, who called the plant Cuetlaxochitl (“flower which wilts”). For the Aztecs, the plant’s brilliant red color symbolized purity, and they often used it medicinally to reduce fever. Contrary to popular belief, the poinsettia is not poisonous, but holly berries are.

Last edited by jhecvincent; 12-30-2013 at 12:32 PM..