Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 02-10-2013, 01:35 AM

Rei watched Yusuke go to a locker, thinking. Ah...had he come off as cold? he hadn't meant to do that... Rei turned on his heels and quickly went back to his locker, pulling the shirt out and over his shoulders before pulling the vest on as well. He tucked the ribbon into his pocket before shutting his locker and locking it. He started buttoning his shirt as he made his way over to where Yusuke was and leaned against the lockers a couple paces down from the boy.

"I'm sorry. I had a rough night, couldn't sleep. I shouldn't be taking that out on you." He slid his hands into his pockets and stared at the wall opposite him, not turning to look at Yusuke. If the boy was upset with him, he didn't want to see it.

"It is, isn't it?" She replied, looking around the office as well. "I haven't changed much besides updating some of the appliances and getting the new uniforms since my Grandmama left the place to me." She returned her gaze to Hatori to see him blushing and she tilted her head, dropping her bag on the table before walking around it to be closer to him. "Is something wrong? You've gone red all of a sudden?" She looked from the shirt in his hands up to him and then smiled, laughing. "Ohh, I'm sorry, I'll step out so you can change." She quickly said, stepping around him and leaving the room, she closed the door behind her and leaned against the wall beside it, waiting.

He was cute she mused in her mind. And he seemed really nice as well. A smile tugged at her lips.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-10-2013, 01:45 AM

Yusuke opened his eyes as he herd the other approach. When he spoke, Yusuke glanced in his direction. He had managed to switch pants before the other came over, now pulling the shirt on and slowly buttoning it up. He pulled on the vest, before closing and locking the locker. "Don't worry about it, it happens...and if it helps any.." he walks over with a smile, pausing by him for a moment. "I hope your day gets better.." with that, he passed him whistling to himself once more. He moved the ribbon around his neck, tying it as he went. He was not the type to stay mad long, his heart was to good, and he was always wanting to make things right. He headed down the hall, looking for the other's, as to what to do now.

He felt a bit odd, and when she commented on his blush, it made him blush that much more. He swallowed a bit. As she left him alone, he pulled off his shirt, and slowly pulled the other over his head. He was careful around his glasses, and then soon looked at himself in a mirror in the corner. He did not look bad, and he was kind of wondering what Yusuke would look like. He folded his shirt, hoping his friend would allow him to just keep it in his locker until they were done. He was happy to be here, and ready to get started. Hearing the sound of whistling, he chuckled a bit. Seemed his friend was back.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 AM

Rei smiled as Yusuke left the locker rooms. He ran a hand through his hair chuckling, oh he was definitely gonna like having Yusuke around. He pushed off from the locker and pulled the ribbon from his pocket, fixing it around his neck as he followed after Yusuke. He stopped next to Ari and took a look at her face before ruffling her hair.

"What are you smiling about miss?"

"Nothing." Ari responded. She swatted at his hand before giving him a look. "Don't you have some stuff to do in the kitchen?"

Rei laughed before nodding, "Alright, I'll go do my work." He left her alone and continued on his way into the kitchen, pulling out an apron to tie around his waist. He headed to the pantry and started pulling things out, humming as he did so. There weren't going to be any strawberry cakes today, instead it was chocolate eclairs and green tea cakes. There was really no set pattern to the sweets that the cafe put out everyday so Rei took advantage of that to make ransom things for the menu when he got the chance.

Ari stuck her tongue out at Rei's back befor leaving the back area as well to start putting the trays of bagels and muffins into the displays, the morning customers would be coming soon.

Last edited by Aoi Kazuya; 02-10-2013 at 02:43 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-10-2013, 03:02 AM

Hatori stepped out of the office in time to catch Yusuke. He agreed to let him keep his shirt in his locker, so Hatori moved to the other room to store it. He found the locker simple enough, deciding to leave his phone behind as well. He did not want to have it going off, or his father bothering him during the day. Since he had not used the driver, no one knew where he was, but his father would probrably guess that he was simply out with Yusuke as usual, and he hoped that that was enough to get him to leave him be for the day. He walked back up to the front, and decided that the napkins and silverware were not out as usual on the tables yet. He saw a bin of cleaned dishes and napkins in the window of the kitchen, and set to work, allowing Yusuke time to talk to the boss, as well as getting a bit of work done in the meantime,

Yusuke smiled as Hatori went, then crossed over to the female. He leaned against the counter next to her, and tilted his head a bit. "So, what do you need me to do boss" he says, a bit playful again now, just because it was work did not mean they could not have a little fun. He was looking forward to the day, and it was looking up from how it had been before. He smiled, and pulled his phone out for a moment. He would not need it, and life could wait, he turned it off, watching as it said goodbye, and the screen turned black. He then flipped it closed, and put it back in his pocket. He would stick it in the locker when he went back that way or he got the chance to. He looks back at the female, waiting.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-10-2013, 05:05 AM

Ari slid the last tray into the display case and then looked up at Yusuke from where she was crouched behind the counter. "Uhm...I actually don't know. Rei and I normally do everything either the night before or quickly in the morning so...I don't think there's really anything left to do unless Rei needs help..." Ari turned to stare at the kitchen door. "...but I don't know if i really want to send you in there with him..." She slowly added, her expression caught between being amused and just downright exasperated.

The kitchen itself had gone from its nice pristine state to what appeared to be a baking war aftermath. Rei had managed to pull out everything he needed and started making the different batters, but somehow along the way, bowls with half-finished batters ended up placed in random places, dirtied mixing spoons and measuring cups filled the sink, and the only thing that didn't appear to be covered in either flour, matcha powder, melted chocolate, or sugar was Rei himself, though he did sport a streak of chocolate on his cheek. He was standing at the stove melting some chocolate currently to make a ganache. It was probably in everyone's best interest to not think about what could have happened in the time he got into the kitchen to what was currently happening.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 PM

Yusuke nodded a bit, turning to watch Hatori a bit. He smiled warmly at his friend. He then turns to the window to look out after a moment. It was a beautiful day already, and the sun was shining. It looked like it was going to be a warm day, nice to be outside, and a nice day for anything light. He glanced at the door a bit, wondering what the other was doing within, and in some ways, what he was thinking. He could not help but be curious. The other interested him, but at the same sime it was like he felt put off, and as if he should keep his distance. Maybe the other should as well? He sighed.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-10-2013, 11:57 PM

((oops, I forgot that you don't make ganache until after the baking is done . _ . I shall fix this!))

It was only after the chocolate had been melted and Rei was looking around the kitchen did he realize his mistake. His mind really wasn't in the right place today. He sighed before setting the bowl of melted chocolate into the fridge. He'd just have to use it to make decorations instead then. He looked around the kitchen and decided to finish up the batters and get them into the oven before he messed something else up.

It didn't take him long to get everything done and in the oven, but now the sink was just filled with things that needed to be washed. He stared at it and decided that he'd just leave it for one of the others to clean, because let's face it, he really didn't want to wash everything at that moment. And anyway he needed to go get some more chocolate. He pulled the apron he was wearing off and tossed it onto a countertop before exiting the kitchen, pausing briefly to look around before heading over to Ari.

"I made a mistake..." he started, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm going to head to the store to get some more chocolate."

Ari glanced up at Rei, wondering what classified as a mistake to the man before her before having to stifle a giggle when she saw the chocolate on his face. "Alright, but you might want to clean that chocolate off first~" She teased him. Rei was the type of person who didn't always make a mess on his own person, that was not saying anything about anywhere he might have been cooking/baking in. "...will I have a heart attack if I step into the kitchen?"

Rei rubbed at his cheek, completely missing the chocolate smear. "I wouldn't suggest going in there until one of the boys cleans it up. They should be coming in soon right?"

Ari smiled, shaking her head. "Alright, I'll have a few of them clean up while you're gone. Maybe they'll actually get some work done with you out."

Rei chuckled. "You can also get them started on making decorations with the chocolate in the fridge." he added before heading for the door.

"Wait! Do you need somebody to go with you?"

"I think I'll be fi-"

"Yusuke! Can you please go to the store with Rei?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-11-2013, 12:23 AM

Yusuke looked up a bit, from where he had been helping Hatori. Go to the store with Rei? He had a feeling this was more of Ari talking then him, but if it was an order from the boss, he could not really refuse. He glanced back at Hatori, before walking over to the two. "If you need me to go, sure, I don't mind" he says with his usual smile. He would not in all honestly, and he was slightly glad for the time, but again he did not want to be a bother to the other. If he did not want him around, Yusuke was not going to force him to be with him in any way. He nodded to Rei a bit, "shall we then.." He turned away, walking out to the doors, and then out into the sun. It felt good on his face and skin, shining down on him. He smiled warmly.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-11-2013, 12:36 AM

Rei tossed Ari a look to show her that he knew what she was doing before following after Yusuke into the sun, still rubbing at his cheek. "I need to pick up some chocolate. I did all the steps in the wrong order, haha." He laughed at himself, before giving up on getting the chocolate off and looked up and down the street, before starting off, pausing to look over his shoulder and to smile at Yusuke. "What kind of chocolate do you like?" he asked.

Back in the cafe, a bunch of the other employees were starting to show up and after delegating tasks, Ari launched herself at Hatori, snatching his hand and tugging on it. "Come on Hatori! We need to tail those two!" She said in a loud-whisper, making a few of the closer workers quirk their eyebrows at the pair. Ari laughed and waved at them. "Hi~" She turned back to Hatori. "Come on~ Before they get too far."

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 AM

Hatori tilted his head a bit. She was serious. Tailing the others would be an invasion of privacy, but he was very curious. He nodded a bit, and followed her, after wiping his hands first. They had been slightly wet from washing. He wondered why they were going after them to spy, and how it would look if they got caught. He trusted Yusuke, and knew he was capable of handling himself, though he hated being alone with anyone other then Hatori. Maybe following would not be a bad idea after all. He glanced out the door, noticing the two talking.

Yusuke took a breath, and began to follow him towards the car when he noticed the other had begun talking once more. He was talking about chocolate, and then asked Yusuke which one he liked best. He had never really thought about it before, though he rarley ever thought about such simple things, unless his mind wandered. He brushed his hair back a bit. "It depends I suppose...on the other flavors with it" he says. "There are many ways of making it as well, and every person has their own style and flare to it as well" he looks at him a bit. "I'm sure you do as well" he smiles a bit, and then passes him, heading towards the cars.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 AM

Rei tilted his head, an amused smile on his face. it seemed he wouldn't be able to get a straight answer out of the younger male for anything he asked him, but that was fine, it made for interesting conversation anyway. He followed after Yusuke. Were they taking a car? Rei generally walked places since he didn't actually own a car. Hmm...own flare, huh? Rei mulled it over in his mind as he followed after Yusuke.

Ari grinned and pulled Hatori towards the door, pausing in the doorway to watch the two elder males. Hmm... She pulled out her phone and called her driver. "I have a very important mission to accomplish today. So do you think you're up to it?" She didn't really think her word choices were strange, childish yes, but her driver generally understood her and there was a note of amusement from the other line before there was a confirmation. Ari peered over the hedges in front of the cafe, trying to keep the other two in her line of sight.

((ahhh, I don't know what to write anymore, lol))

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-11-2013, 07:03 AM

The two soon found their way to the designated shop, Yusuke got out and looked around a bit. There were many different kinds of ingredients and such here. He found a lot of organic and natural things as well, picking up a parcel of fresh rosemary. He loved the smell of fresh herbs, they were very useful within many different dishes. Moving along the isles, he soon came upon the area designated for various forms and such of chocolate. He tilted his head, looking slightly at the ones which were infused with different other flavors. There really was a lot you could do with it. He glanced around a bit, to find where the other had gotten to. Moving along the isles, he comes to one with flowers. He saw some beautiful pink roses. They had been his mother's favorite once. He leans in lightly, cupping one of the delicate flowers in his hand. Closing his eyes, he took in the scent of the beautiful flower. He loved roses as well, they were light and reminded him of a few things. He reguarded them with a warm and fond look, before standing.

Hatori went with Ari. He was a bit amazed at her drive to go after the two. He smiled a bit, he had never usually done something this out of character and exciting. Formal was what his father was always into, and he had to follow orders. He noticed Yusuke's car within the parkinglot, and pointed it out. They slowly snuvk in, hiding out of sight behind one of the isles. He saw Yusuke moving around, until he moved off to the roses. He knew they were his favorite flower, and the warm look on his face made Hatori smile as well. He hoped that Rei would not miss it, in some aspect of his mind. It was the kind of instance with someone that would deffinetly tug at your heart. If there was a chance of the two becoming something more, maybe that would help?

(Does that help?)

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-11-2013, 07:24 AM

((yes, thank you :) ))

Rei had to keep himself from laughing as he followed after Yusuke into the shop. The younger boy was...dare he say it...cute sometimes. It was an endearing trait, to say the least. As Yusuke was looking at herbs, Rei picked up a basket and browsed quickly through the shelves he passed, picking out a few things he needed at home before realizing that he'd lost track of the pale haired male. Rei headed over to the chocolate section to find Yusuke again, this time seeing him take a glance at the flavored chocolates. Rei gave them a once over as well before moving to a section of plain chocolates to grab a bunch of the dark and milk chocolate discs he would need to melt down for the eclairs.

Once done he turned to find Yusuke wandering out of the aisle and he followed silently, keeping quiet as he watched the other male's expression warm and turn fond. The expression made Rei's own smile soften, more sincere. He was suddenly hit with an idea and turned silently to head back to the chocolate section where he took a couple packs of white chocolate and he had to browse for a while before he found the flavorings that he needed. Once he had everything he needed, he quickly went to pay and hid the extra items under the things for the cafe before heading back to where he had left Yusuke.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked softly, his tone much warmer than it had been before.

Ari found herself almost melting at the sight of Yusuke interacting with the roses. She unconsciously squeezed Hatori's hand when she saw the extra items that Rei had gotten. "Oh my...he's going to make...aww..." she whispered, smiling. "Those two are so cute..." she sighed. She tugged on his hand again. "Let's head back before we get caught, neh?" She pulled Hatori after her out of the shop and back into the car, directing the driver back to the cafe as she settled back into her seat before turning her head so she could look at Hatori.

"Rei has...he's a really good guy. So if anything, you don't need to worry about him hurting your friend...but..." she turned her head again to stare out the window. "He's wary." she murmured.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 AM

Hatori looked at Ari, and took her hand once more as they walked out of the shop together. "Yusuke is a good guy to..he would not hurt your friend either" he pulled her to the car. "Now then, we must beat them back, or they will know something was up" he laughs a bit warmly. The last thing they could really afford was to get caught spying on their friends. That would be awkward, and not go over to well. He moved to her door, and opened it for her, as he smiled. He was more relaxed now, and was really having fun. He had never really thought about doing anything like this, but he was glad that he had. It was nice to spend time with this odd pair, as well as Yusuke. He was looking forward to seeing what the four of them would get into next.

Yusuke almost jumpped a bit when he herd the other male. He rubbed the back of his neck, and laughed warmly. "Ah, seems I wasn't much help at all...sorry" he says, glancing back at the roses, before nodding. "Yea, lets get going" he says, moving over to him. He tilted his head at the look that was on the other's face. "Your smile..." he looks at him for a moment, then his look returns to a similar one as with the roses. "It's really nice when it's real..." He brushes his hair back behind his ear once more, before glancing at the door. Was that?....No, it couldn't be...He had thought he had just seen Ari and Hatori move across the parking lot and get into a car, but they were back at the cafe right? He blinked a bit, before shaking his head. He was probrably seeing things.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 PM

Rei was surprised by Yusuke's compliment and blinked, pausing midstep for just a moment. He tilted his head to consider the boy, before widening his smile. "Thank you. And that's alright, it was kind of you to accompany me as it is." he answered. He glanced to the door but just missed the other two slipping out. "You have a nice smile as well." he said, without thinking, his face blanking when he realized what he said. He shook his head before shifting the bags in his arms. "Well let's go then, Ari and Hatori will probably be wondering what's taking us so long." Rei changed the subject abruptly, his stomach suddenly felt like there were butterflies in it and he didn't want to dwell on what that meant at the moment. It looked like he would have another sleepless night though.

He shifted the bags in his arms before freeing one arm and placing it around Yusuke's shoulders, pulling the younger boy closer to him before walking towards the door with the male in tow. "At the end of the day today, come to the kitchen will you? I need your opinion on something."

Hatori was really a gentleman Ari grinned. He was really sweet too. As they pulled up in front of the café, she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you for accompanying me on this trip." She smiled before clambering over him to get out of the car and skipping into the café, greeting everyone in there happily.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-11-2013, 03:54 PM

(Woo hoo lol XD lol I hope you like)

Yusuke had been watching the door, but the sound of the other making the remark on his smile made a light blush form over his cheeks, and he smiled a bit once more. He did not turn his face, so the other would not see, but he was very happy at that moment. When the subject changed, he looked back at him, accepting the bag to carry, and slightly looking up at him as he was pulled closer. The mention came of wanting his opinion on something, and Yusuke was a bit surprised. Why his opinion? He would have thought he would have prefered his friend and boss Ari's opinion, but it was sweet of him to ask. He smiled and nodded "I'd be happy to" he says, begore giving a warm laugh, and giving the other a playful nudge. "What are we waiting for.,..lets make this a good day" he says, walking back to the car. He was in a better mood, and it had happened when he was alone with the other.

Well, in the store they were not FULLY alone, but it was a step closer, and he had for a moment felt as if Hatori was there with him, now he was feeling more bold and confident, and happy at the opportunity. He would have to remember to thank Ari later. He got inside with the other, and it was not long before they walked through the doors. He helped take the things into the kitchen, and noticed that bustling about already by the other employees. He recieved a few hellos and good mornings, to which he replied politely to. He turned to look at Rei, leaning against the counter for a moment. He wanted to say something, thank him, or tell him how he enjoyed the whole morning, but he wondered if it would sound childish, and the words would suddenly not come standing there and looking at him. He took a breath, but was thankful to hear Hatori's voice calling for him. "Coming...." he says, before looking back at Rei "thank you..." he says, before walking out.

Hatori blushed a bit as she kissed his cheek, and then watched Ari go back into the cafe. The two easily acted innocent when Yusuke and Rei returned. Hatori was doing a final wipe down of the tables, but even from here he could feel the shift in Yusuke. His smile was more then just happy, there was a flare to it that Hatori had not seen in awhile. He also had a lighter step to him, and he glanced over at Ari to see if she noticed as well. He moved to the door, peeking in to see Yusuke leaning against the counter. Hatori could see the wheeles turning in his head and the feelings and such there, but Yusuke did not speak, he could see the same thought starting to raise in Yusuke, as his friend's hand lightly slid into his pockets.

He had seen him do it before. A harmless enough mood, but Hatori knew that inside of his pockets, Yusuke had his hands clenched out of nerves. They needed a cover anyways, and it would be a good idea to get Yusuke out now, so Hatori stepped back, calling that he needed Yusuke's help with something. He moved away from the door, and around closer to Ari as Yusuke came out and walked over. He smiled playfully. "So...how did it go? You seemed very happy when you came in, you hae to spill" he teases, earning a more relaxed posture and appearence to his friend, as well as a slight blush as he rubbed the back of his neck. Success, he knew something was growing inside Yusuke's heart, and it had Rei's name all over it.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM

Rei carefully planned out the idea he had gotten in the store in his mind, mapping out the directions one step at a time because he didn't want to screw this up as well. The ride back to the cafe was spent in a comfortable silence and after they got there, gave a nod to Ari as they passed her and Hatori on their way to the kitchen. After Yusuke had dropped off the bag he had been carrying, Rei took that bag and the one he had been carrying over to a cleared table and looked around the now much cleaner kitchen.

The finished pastries had been pulled out of the oven and were cooling on racks and some of the employees had already gotten started on the decorations, making spirals and other shapes out of the chocolate and decorating the pieces with edible glitter and the like. Rei slowly breathed out, resisting the urge to kick them all out. He knew he wouldn't be able to finish on time by himself today, so he would just have to put up with having the others milling about for the day. He could do that. Of course he could. He could resist...the...temptation...his fingers twitched abit but he was able to quell the urge to scare the employees off, though he could see some of them eyeing him warily. He smiled innocently at them before turning his attention back to Yusuke who had been standing quietly by a counter. He looked like he had something to say but Hatori called him out before he decided on what it was. He smiled as the boy thanked him but as soon as the door swung shut, he fell into professional mode.

"Pass me the double boilers." he called and started on melting two batches of chocolate, one a mix of dark and milk chocolate plus some other stuff for the eclairs and the second just pure white chocolate. "I need someone to start making the filling for the eclairs." he said loudly and two of the workers that had been working with chocolate broke away from the group to grab the necessary ingredients to start on the filling. Rei turned his attention back to the chocolate, his extra project would take all the time he could spare, so maybe it was about time he started to learn how to work with others.

Ari grinned and clapped after Yusuke and Rei had passed, laughing. Rei had seemed a lot happier than he had been in a while, so something good must have happened when they had left. She sighed then, if only they'd stayed a moment longer...but then the risk of getting caught would have been higher. She set the kid she had been playing with back down and waved to the mother before heading back over to the front counter, humming. She had some paperwork she had stored there that needed finishing up and as much as she would have liked to just let it sit in a dark corner forgotten, she knew she couldn't. And she couldn't always rely on Rei to do all the paperwork and such for her. She picked up a pen and started filling out the stack of papers before her, glancing up distractedly when she heard Hatori's voice again. He seemed to be conversing with his friend again.

An unconscious smile found its way onto her face as she watched the two. Even if she was older than the two of them...the age difference didn't really bother her. If anything, it was fun getting to know them, since she didn't act her age anyway it didn't make much of a difference to her how old the two were...her eyes lingered on the darker haired male before she tore her gaze away, cheeks pink, and forced herself to return to the stack of papers she was supposed to be filling out.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-11-2013, 11:03 PM

Yusuke rubbed the back of his neck with a bit of a laugh. "I have no idea what you mean at all" he says innocently. He saw the look Hatori gave him, and then both began laughing. H pulled Hatori close to him, hugging him tightly. "Thank you as well..." he whispers, before helping him finish setting up as they talked. He looks over at Ari. "Hey....do you mind if we talk for a moment when you have time?" he asks. He smiled, the wheeles in his mind were turning. He was sure there would be a break sometime today, and when there was, he wanted to do something nice for Rei. He did not know him to well, but he had a bit of a cute idea for him. The other part of it would come from Ari's help. He kept thinking about it all day, as the customers began coming in.

Since most of the others were within the kitchen, Hatori and Yusuke took up the roll of helping with serving, keeping things clean up front, and keeping the customers happy. The girls seemed to love Hatori being around, and he could not blame them. Hatori was quite the charmer when he wanted to be. It was cute to see them swoon over him a bit, but the kind guy they saw was just the way he was. He glanced through the serving window at Rei as he picked up an order, smiling at how determined and hard the other was working. It was cute how focused and in the zone he seemed to be, determined and working hard to get things done well and in order. He noticed the slight edge to him, so he felt about being around others in the kitchen similar to how Yusuke felt about being alone with people..it was something similar and yet unique about them both.

Hatori spoke with Yusuke, managing to worm a few details out of him, before the day began. He got things ready alongside him, and in turn helped him throughout the day as buisiness picked up to help the customers. He knew it probrably looked like many girls were paying attention to him, but at the same time, the same could be said about Yusuke. They were watching him, and giggling, some trying to flirt but to little avail. Once Yusuke had his heart set on someone, he was not the type to flirt or move around. He focused on them until he was completely sure it would never work out, then he made himself move on. He hoped that things would work out, he hoped that they would be happy together as well, they both deserved it. He could also sense Yusuke was up to something, but he would not give any hints as to what. He found it cute, working hard alongside him.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM

Rei quickly mixed in the strawberry flavoring he'd picked up at the store with the white chocolate before setting it to the side to cool. After he'd finished melting the chocolate it was just nonstop activity as customers started trickling into the cafe. This cake needed more cream, that eclair needed more chocolate, somebody needed to make some club sandwiches, who was taking care of the drinks? It was much noisier than he was used to in the kitchen as workers conversed with one another as they worked.

During one of his runs to the window to grab orders, he paused briefly to look out the window. A smile curved his lips as he watched Yuauke, Hatori, and Ari working. It was always nice to work with friends, hm? He turned and went back to work, passing the orders around before he finished his part of the orders and went back to sculpting chocolate.

Ari nodded. "Yea, sure." she replied, agreeing to having a talk with yusuke, she had a feeling it had something to do with Rei, but she didn't comment as she finished signing the last sheet. She hopped off the stool she had been sitting on and brought the pile with her to the office where she filed them away before returning with another stack of papers. She really had let the paperwork pile up. She set them down and took her seat yet again.

With the new worker and volunteer, there seemed to be an excess amount of female customers today, Ari realized when she looked up from her paperwork a little while later. ...And there was also an annoyinga amount of them asking her to see the boss and wondering if they were hiring. Ws it really that hard to believe that she was the owner? I mean come on, she was working on the paperwork for crying out loud... but then again she was sitting behind the front counter. Gosh, she almost regretted her decision.

Finally she'd had enough and got up, hurrying into the office and returning with a big sheet of paper and some markers. She quickly threw together a pretty sign that read 'We Are Not Hiring' and taped it up where everyone could see it. Satisfied, she went back to work.

...and then came the questions of wanting to see the boss and whether or not they could make exceptions for pretty girls... Ari let her head fall on top of the papers she was working on. Ah...the pains of having pretty boys working in her cafe.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-12-2013, 09:14 PM

Hatori was glad that he was here and helping out. It had been awhile since he had had a good hard day of work. He was more relaxed now then he had been in awhile. When things slowly began to slow down for the later afternoon hours, Hatori looked over at Yusuke "go ask...I can keep up here" he says with a smile. He knew Yusuke was excited about something, so it was better to get the show on the rhoad, and now that there were only a few customers, there was time to spare.

He wiped down a few tables, and watched Yusuke take Ari into the office. He wondered what was running through his mind, though he knew he would most likely find out in time. He glanced in the window at Rei for a moment, noticing the change in him as well. That was good, it seemed they were both having similar and thankfully good affect on eachother.

Yusuke worked hard, he was used to it, doing most things on his own, since he lived on his own, and really had no choice on the matter. When things slowed down, and Hatori voulenteered to handle things so he could talk to Ari he smiled. "Thank you" he moved over to the girl taking her hand. "I need to ask you something" he pulled her into the office. Careful to look out to make sure no one was coming, he closed and locked the door. He turned to her, his nerves bubbling up a bit again.

"Ok...so...I know we all havn't known eachother for that long but after what has happened...I would like to do something for Rei" he says, rubbing the back of his neck. "No one knows him better then you I'm sure, as it is with Hatori and I so..."he moves over to her, leaning against the desk. "I need to know what would be perfect....he dosn't seem to like to talk abotut himself much and I understand that...he takes pictures...likes to bake....dosn't work to well around others...he cares about you and has a sweet side....I just need to put it all together" he sighs a bit, looking up at the clock.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 AM

Rei was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief when the lunch rush was over and it started nearing the end of the day, that break in between lunch and dinner customers. The kitchen was finally empty of the other workers and he relaxed his tense posture, molding the last bit of chocolate he had. There, they were done. He just had to put them in the chiller now. But he hesitated...what if Yusuke didn't like his present? Ah... Rei walked over to the window and peeked out, from what he could see...the pale haired boy wasn't in sight.

Taking off his apron, Rei left the kitchen and upon spotting Hatori, snagged his wrist and dragged him into the kitchen. "Do you think Yusuke would like these?" he asked, presenting the delicate chocolate roses he had sculpted. The flower part had been made out of white chocolate, which was now pink from the strawberry flavoring he had added to it, and the stems were made out of hand-spun sugar that had been colored green.

"Whoops." Ari very nearly knocked over her stack of finished papers when Yusuke grabbed her hand and just had enough time to grab the pile before she was dragged into the office. She quirked an eyebrow before turning to file them away in a cabinet, though keeping the majority of her attention on the boy.

She paused in her filing when his words registered and she smiled to herself. He wanted to do something for Rei...how kind. "I can't deny that I'm close with Rei..." she laughed a bit. "His likes huh...I don't think anyone has ever asked me that before..." she trailed off, tapping her chin.

"I guess...he likes small things...small cute things...like baby animals?" She nodded to herself. "He's a really nurturing kind of person, but he's never really had time for pets considering his schedule..." She puffed her cheeks out. "I think for the most part, Rei will like anything if it's given from the heart. He's...had some issues in the past and well...yea. He'll appreciate anything that's honestly given to him. If...if that makes sense."

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-13-2013, 01:35 AM

Yusuke took a breath, thinking to himself a bit. He liked animals and things from the heart as well hm? He smiled a bit, and pulled her into a hug "thank you, I have the perfect idea." He looks down at her "do you mind if I go out for a bit? It's getting late, I can pick up some food so the four of us can have dinner together, then I can give him something" he smiles, remembering that Rei had asked to see him later anyways.

It would be a perfect excuse to slip away, and then a perfect excuse to give him what he was thinking. He hoped he liked it, and the nerves inside of him were slightly begining to bubble up. What if he didn't...what if he thought it was stupid? He shakes his head, he was psycing himself out, and he knew it, he would never know what the other thought or anything unless he tried. Part of it was going to be a joke as well, he wanted to make the other happy, to see him smile. He liked Rei's smile, when it was real, and he wanted to see more of it.

Hatori was finishing up with whiping down tables, when his wrist was grabbed. He had not been expecting it, so he almost fell over a bit as he was dragged into the kitchen. He blinked a bit, and turned his attention to Rei, and then to where he was asking. The roses were beautifully done, and he smiled warmly. Nodding, he looked at Rei, "he will love them.."

He could imagine Yusuke now, the thought of the story behind why pink roses were important to him, made a slightly sad look cross Hatori's face. He was sure that the memory would come to Yusuke, but also the intentions behind the gift. "It is sweet and kind of you, he will deffinetly love it...especially I'm sure since it is from you to begin with" he smiled once more, looking up at him.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 AM

Rei caught the sad look cross Hatori's face, but didn't ask about it...if it had occurred after he'd asked about the chocolates...then it must have had something to do with Yusuke. Instead he smiled softly before moving to cover them up with clear wrap and put them into the upper shelves of the chiller so that he could be sure the baker's dozen that he'd made would not be crushed, there was already one bag full of roses he'd scrapped because he hadn't liked the way they had turned out. "If he likes them...then I am glad." he murmured before turning back to face Hatori. "Thank you, that's all I needed. Sorry for pulling you in here all of a sudden."

Ari laughed as she was pulled into a hug, returning it easily. She patted Yusuke on the back as she pulled back. "Go ahead. I think the busiest part of today has passed already anyway." She agreed, smiling cheerfully. Ah~ She could have squealed if she wasn't worried about startling everybody just outside of the office. She'd have to celebrate later...maybe get Hatori to celebrate with her since it had been a joint effort. She'd have to ask him later.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-13-2013, 02:39 AM

Hatori smiles, and gives a slight wave of his hand. "Don't worry about it, I am happy to have helped" his excitement was slightly growing, at the thought of what had just happened. It was sweet, and he was deffinetly sure Yusuke would love him, and he would not say a word to the other. He glanced out the window of the kitchen in time to see Yusuke heading towards the door. Raising an eyebrow, he stepped out of the kitchen, and moved over to his friend.

"Going out?" he asked, wondering where his friend coulf be headed. Did this have to do with what he had been planning, and needed to talk to Ari about? He could see the smile on the other's face as he rubbed the back of his neck. Seemed Yusuke was nervous and excited as well. He held back a laugh as he got his answer, and nodded. He walked back over, and began finishing up with the cleaning, it would be good to get it done and everything alright before Yusuke got back and the events of the night began.

"Thank you!" Yusuke says happily, moving to the door. "I hope chinese is alright, Hatori loves their sweet and sour chicken, and they make good rice" he laughs a bit, before heading out. He herd Hatori stop him, and turned to look as he was asked where he was going. He rubbed the back of his neck "I um...have an errand, and then I was going to get dinner, so I'll be back" he gives a wave, and moves out. Getting to his car, he first drove to a little store he knew of. His first objective was the slightly humorous side of his gift. He moved along, finding a little bear that was nearly the same color as Rei's hair.

He then moved to clothes, placing it in a little waitor like outfit. He was trying not to laugh, as he found a wire wisk as well as a little camera and chefs hat. It was adorable, and he hoped would put a smile on the other's face. He then moved to the slightly deeper meaning part of the store, scaning along it. He wanted to do something more personal, and sentamental. He still did not know the other to well, so his nerves were eating him up inside. He found what he was looking for.

They were charms, ment for good luck, and often would be given from one to another when you liked them. He scanned along them, until he found a small cute little bunny. It was perfect, and they came in a set of two. He moved to the cards, and found a beautifully done thank you cards, with roses that had a chef's hat sitting next to them, and a wisk in front with chocolate on it and dripping. It reminded him of this morning, when the other had tried to get the chocolate off of his face. He payed for the items, finding a small black box like a ring would come in for the charm. He paused in the car, writing in the card.

'I know we havn't really known eachother for long, but I wish to say thank you.. For allowing me to work with you, for today, for everything. I hope you like the gift, and that it makes you smile. I love your smile, and you really should do it more...Seeing you sad or upset, even though I havn't known you long makes me wish that I could help you feel better. I know it probrably isn't my place and we have just met, but I am looking forward to getting to know you better, and I hope you feel the same. This charm is for luck, though I know you don't believe in superstition. It's also a reminder, and something more...though that will be a surprise for later...
~Yusuke~'

He gave a small blush at his own words, and took a deep breath. He stopped by the chinese place on his way back, getting plenty of food for them and if any of the workers stayed. Driving back, he slipped in the back, making his way to Rei's locker. He was pretty good at picking locks, though he would probrably get yelled at for it later. He sat the bear in the bottom, holding the card, and the box on its' lap. Smiling, he closes the door and relocks it, before going out and around front. Things had been closed down, so he enters with the food smiling, and trying to contain it. "I'm back" he says.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 AM

Ari finished up in the office and came back out in time to bid the workers that were leaving a good night. She looked around to see what she could do only to realize that everything was cleaned up already. She put her hands on her hips and tilted her head.

"Wow...it seems like with more pretty boys helping out the other workers are more motivated to do their best not to get overlooked...that would have been nice to know earlier." Ari joked as she made her way to an empty table and took a seat. Wow, how long had it been since she or Rei had to stay late finishing up with clean up?

She looked to the door when the bell tinkled and smiled widely. "Welcome back."

Rei stretched once the working day was over. The kitchen was clean once more and he moved to the chiller and pulled out the trays that his candies lay upon. He set them down gently and sat on a stool he dragged over to finish up the presentation. It had taken him many tries, but he eventually managed to sculpt a bowl shaped vase out of sugar, colored a nice shade of purple. He filled it with pretty tissue paper and then worked to wrap each rose carefully in clear cellophane and tied with green ribbons. After each had been wrapped, he arranged them carefully in the vase with some lace before wrapping the vase with cellophane and the green ribbon, leaving the top open. He set the whole thing down and got up, taking a couple steps back to admire his work. Sure, his hands were stained a multitude of colors now...but it had been worth it. He smiled at the vase of roses. Hopefully they would be liked.

Upon hearing the front door open, Rei headed out of the kitchen and leaned against the doorframe, one hand in his pocket, smiling. "Welcome back." he repeated after Ari.