mint. c a n d y
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to mint. c a n d y

Old 05-24-2007, 07:10 AM

1oo Drabbles.
Impossible for me? Find out.

• [list:fd7ae571b3]
  • Hello all. Welcome to my own personal 1oo drabble thread. I've seen a lot more threads with the similar goal so I decided to make one myself. Heck, I love to write a lot, but sometimes I lack motivation. Hopefully, this would provide me with the motivation I need. But if I have tons of notable grammatical errors I must apologize I'm still on my way up the ladder of literacy. Also, I rarely write drabbles, but I'm familiar with fanfiction and roleplaying. So they would not seem drabble-like in length probably, but yeah, they're drabbles. Well, what else is there to be said? These drabbles are just random scenarios I happened to put together that relate to the topic given. This takes place -- ah, I don't know. It's a modern setting. Every drabble is a random figment of my imagination. x)

Navigation;

• Introduction
    • Characters
    • Drabble List
    • Extra
    • Reserved
[/list:u:fd7ae571b3]

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2007, 07:15 AM

The Characters.
The vessels of my imagination.
  • [list:ea198aca1e] Nico;
    Age; sixteen

Personality; One thing you need to know about Nico is, she's nothing like her sister Naomi in many ways. Let'see, three words to describe Nico. Outgoing, Loyal, Edgy. Nico's also got a little edge in her. She's stubborn, loud, tough, and a bit of a hot-head, tempermental, you name it. Once she gets something firmly implanted in her head, there's no way you're gonna get her to change her mind. So if you want to talk her out of something, you better get her when the idea is still getting around her head. Just goes to show how stubborn she can be. About her being a hot-head? Well, it's true. Well, despite what she may be like on the outside, I must warn you that Nico has an impetuous nature. Most of her actions are dictated by impulse, and as such, she often requires outside assistance. But she possesses an open mind and heart.

Probably due to a lack of motherly guidance, Danielle has developed a small tomboyish side in her. If you take one glance at this girl, it's totally obvious that she's...well, a girl. Feminine. Well, yes, but no. She's a little different. She dresses like a girl, looks like a girl, and is a girl. But if you talk to her, she's not going to squeal about breaking her nail, and getting dirty, or scuffed up. She's a tough cookie to crack and would fight back whenever neccesary. Nico is a girl with that cute li'l tomboy charm in her. In fact, her tomboyish tendencies and feminine contrasts make her quite an interesting person.

Extra; Her twin sister is Naomi. Their mother and father had unsettled issues with each other so they separated and took one child with them. Apparently, Nico went off with her father instead.

Naomi;
    Age; sixteen

Personality; Unlike Nico, Naomi is the polar opposite of her twin. She's the one a little more laidback and quiet. She's sweet and playful, her personality often clashes with Nico. Naomi's just normally a sweet person by nature. She's like your innocent little girl. She's just fun to be around. She won't hesitate to greet you in the middle of the road or bring up a conversation with you. Right, now artistic. Ever since she was a little tyke, she's been quite gifted in the art department. Drawing, writing, painting, acting, music, and photography. She just loves nature and everything about it.

Lastly, the one thing that really makes Naomi different from Nico is that she's really feminine. No, as in really feminine. She loves all those girly and posh things. Naomi also really has a weakness for anything cute and adorable, like cute accessories, bunnies, and the color pink (go figure).

Extra; Her twin sister is Nico. Their mother and father had unsettled issues with each other so they separated and took one child with them. Apparently, Naomi went off with her mother instead.

-- more characters & descriptions to be added soon.
[/list:u:ea198aca1e]

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 AM

The List.
The seed of the story.
  • [list:db7c194963] I found it from Aliena's thread, as taken from the LJ art community, MyOCs100.
    If I've completed it, it would be bolded. ;D <3

1. Morning -- page 1
    2. Noon
    3. Afternoon
    4. Twilight
    5. Midnight
    6. Winter
    7. Spring
    8. Summer
    9. Autumn -- page 1
    10. Seasons
    11. Minutes
    12. Hours
    13. Days
    14. Months
    15. Years
    16. Red
    17. Orange
    18. Yellow
    19. Green
    20. Blue
    21. Violet -- page 1
    22. Pink
    23. Black
    24. White
    25. Gray
    26. Rainbow -- page 1
    27. Colorless
    28. Too big
    29. Too small -- page 2
    30. Just right
    31. Fire
    32. Water
    33. Wood
    34. Metal
    35. Earth
    36. Air
    37. Sun
    38. Moon
    39. Stars
    40. Planet
    41. Sunshine
    42. Clouds
    43. Rain
    44. Lightning
    45. Snow
    46. Laughter
    47. Love
    48. Tears
    49. Fury
    50. Despair
    51. Smiles
    52. Determination
    53. Content
    54. Hello
    55. Good-bye
    56. Breakfast
    57. Lunch
    58. Dinner
    59. Tea
    60. Snack
    61. Sight
    62. Sound
    63. Scent
    64. Touch
    65. Taste
    66. Past
    67. Present
    68. Future
    69. Forever
    70. Never
    71. Bedroom
    72. Kitchen
    73. Garden
    74. Bath
    75. Balcony
    76. Promises
    77. Regrets
    78. Hopes
    79. Dreams
    80. Thoughts
    81. Boy
    82. Girl
    83. Man
    84. Woman
    85. People
    86. Friends
    87. Teammates
    88. Lovers
    89. Rivals
    90. Enemies
    91. Prophecies
    92. Destinies
    93. Healing
    94. Beauty
    95. Betrayal
    96. Growing
    97. Intelligence
    98. Skill
    99. Waiting
    100. Innocence
[/list:u:db7c194963]

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2007, 07:23 AM

Extra.
An extra space to write on.

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2007, 07:27 AM

Reserved.
An extra space to write on.

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2007, 07:46 AM

#o9 Autumn.
Character; Naomi
Scenario; Waiting for Autumn

• The smoldering heat of summer had slowly peeled away to a crisp dusk, the breeze running through her large bedroom windows. It was nearing the end of summer, and soon it would be autumn. The weather made an obvious change as the intense heat of summer seemed to just slip away. She smiled and enjoyed the light breeze as she lay down contently in bed. Autumn was certainly her favorite season. Naomi could just imagine it now. Especially now since tomorrow was the first day of autumn.

The hot summer days would surrender to the cool autumn nights as autumn would take over. The trees would shake off their leaves in hues of red, yellow, and gold. They would whirl in the wind until they would drift down and come to rest in their earthly resting place.

Children would walk around the park, while the sounds of crinkling leaves were made beneath their tiny feet. Even adults would rake up the colorful leaves up in a pile while children would eagerly jump in and scatter the leaves across the ground.

Naomi's lips curled up into a smile as her eyes began to gradually close. Soon, sleep consumed her and she fell into a deep slumber. She couldn't wait. Before long, it would be Autumn. She would wake up and smell the scent of the fresh autumn breeze. The land which was once green would be covered in a blanket of red, yellow, and gold leaves. Naomi fell asleep with a smile on her lips thinking, "It's autumn."

Kasana
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-24-2007, 10:20 AM

I think that its safe to say, I'll be keeping an eye out for more of your drabbles. The Autumn one was awesome. Most of my drabbles are related to pirates of the carribean lol, I find some way of connecting em to the subject ;)

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2007, 12:37 PM

• Haha, well thanks. I'm glad someone liked it. That drabble was just something I wrote out of the blue. I just think of a scenario that suits to subject I pick and I write from there. Or I find a subject that I would like to write then just let my imagination do the rest. I'm writing my next drabble right now. I picked Morning (though it might change due to the fact that I change the subjects often). It will be posted soon.

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2007, 01:05 PM

#o1 Morning.
Character; Nico
Scenario; Waking Up

• Impact in,

5, 4, 3, 2... 1.

'Thump'. Nico rolled off her bed and fell down, sprawled on the floor with her arms above her head with one leg up on the bed while the other lay limp on the floor. On a side note, she was wearing a pair of black cotton short along with a loose white t-shirt. Well anyway, that collision would definately leave a mark somewhere. Most probably an undesired spot.

"Ow, ow, ow!" She groaned with certain distaste. Her eyes were closed, yet she knew it was morning. It was something she picked up from all the years she's spent in the same old house, with the same old people. Right now, her senses were tingling. It was clear to her that it was morning. You want to know why?

First of all, Nico could hear the barking of dogs outside her window, their neighbors walked their dogs everyday at eight in the morning. Next was the fact that breakfast was being prepared, and her father was up. The sound of the coffee maker for exmaple. It suddenly whirred to life, and she could smell the bitterness in the air somehow. Then there was the scent of burnt bread which her father always failed to toast properly every morning.

She could even hear the faint sound of the shuffling of the pages of the newspaper which her father read every morning while making his coffee. Lastly, it was the sound of the cock that lived by their neighbor's house which cooed every now and then when morning came. These were the signs of morning. They never failed.

Slowly, Nico's eyes flickered open and she sighed happily. She stretched her arms up high despite her awkward position on the floor and grinned. "It's morning dammit!"

Kasana
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-26-2007, 07:40 AM

Nice xD

Thats definitely me there, I'll usually fall out of bed in an attempt to wake up xD

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 05-26-2007, 07:43 AM

• That happened to me once. xD

It wasn't very pleasant. Apparently, my brother pushed me out of the bed in the middle of the night and I woke up on the floor. My back ached for quite some time. It hurt. D:

Anyway -- off to write something random again.

Kasana
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-26-2007, 07:44 AM

lol, Im off to play runescape and get some more ess lol; I just registered today.

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 AM

#26 Rainbow.
Character; Naomi
Scenario; Walking In The Rain

• It was a normal Saturday morning at the park, and it was raining.

Naomi held up her pink umbrella, while her feet made splishy-splashy sounds against the rain puddles on the earthy ground. She looked up at the dark gray sky, as if searching for a ray of light. But all she could see were the raindrops that slowly fell down which made the pitter-patter sounds against her umbrella. She held out her hand to touch the small droplets of water. The young sun-kissed teen gazed at the sky which didn't seem to give any mercy.

Naomi didn't like the rain. The humidity got to her and made her hair frizz, and she felt cold, which brought little shivers down her spine. When she stepped in puddles, her shoes got all muddy and it wasn't very pleasant to walk in the rain even with an umbrella. But she knew there was a silver lining to everything, and even rainy days had their good points. That's why she waited until the very end of a storm, or a rainy day.

At the end of every rainy day, there was always that special something. Once again, she laid out her hand and stretched out her fingers. The raindrops began to lessen, and she could see a clearing in the sky. The gray, dull color soon diminished into a soft light blue color. The sun peeked behind the clouds while it's rays danced across the sky. Naomi put down her umbrella and closed it while she looked towards the other end of the park. A small smile adorned her pale lips as she pointed over to a pillar of seven colors. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. Each color had a place in the sky.

"There's a rainbow at the end of any rainy day."

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 05-31-2007, 12:40 PM

#21 Violet.
Characters; Nico && Sophie
Scenario; Watching 'Barney the Dinosaur'

• It was the typical Saturday morning at the house. It was raining pretty hard since the raindrops just kept pouring. Naomi, her sister called her up and asked her if she wanted to join her for a walk in the rain. Well, guess what Nico said? "Heck no! It's raining! You and your obssession with rainbows."

Their parents were separated, but they visited each other out of their own free will. But right now, it was just Nico and her little five year old cousin Sophie. Nico was busy playing a game on her PSP while Sophie was watching a little television. You know, that magical box that makes moving pictures. Apparently, Barney was on TV. No, actually on tape. Every time Sophie came over, she brought along a couple of tapes for her to watch.

Nico could hear the theme song play loudly. "Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination. And when he's tall. He's what we call a dinosaur sensation! Barney's friends are big and small they come from lots of places, after school they meet to play and sing with happy faces. Barney shows us lots of things. Like how to play pretend. ABCs, and 123s. And how to be a friend. Barney comes to play with us. Whenever we may need him. Barney can be your friend too. If you just make-believe him!" The sixteen year old twitched when she heard that song. She hasn't watched that children's show since she was three! "Soph', can you turn the volume down?"

"No!" Sophie stuck her tongue out.

Sophie held up the remote control and rewinded it back to the theme song. She loved it, and Nico did not understand why. Barney was the greatest sensation for little tykes like Sophie. Though, ti wasn't as appealing once you hit the age of sixteen. Nico groaned in her usual annoyed way and curled up against the sofa with her legs stretched. She might as well try to ignore it.

Soon, Sophie started clapping her hands and singing to a song that was playing. "He's a violet dinosaur, a violet dinosaur!~" The five year old chanted in a melodious tune. Nico tilted her head to see what her younger cousin was doing and shook her head behind the screen of her PSP. "It's purple dinosaur, Soph'." Heck, even Nico knew that Barney was purple.

Sophie stared back at Nico and pouted. "No! It's violet." She protested, and began her chanting once more. Nico looked at her from the corner of her eye and rolled her eyes. "Purple." -- "Violet. Vi-ow-let!"

"Purple." Nico muttered.

French Vanilla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-31-2007, 07:43 PM

I do so like your drabbles.
;D
I love your style~
-wishes she could write like that-

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 05-31-2007, 10:46 PM

I like the drabbles.

:]

Keep writing! :]

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 06-01-2007, 12:28 AM

• Do I know joo from Gaia? ;D <3
    Anyway -- thanks for the comment.

I appreciate it.
    /lubs on you. U:

mint. c a n d y
*^_^*

Old 06-01-2007, 09:23 AM

#29 Too Small.
Character; Sophie
Scenario; Reaching For The Cookies
[poem-like for now; will edit it once I create the story]

• Up on top of the table was a cookie jar
    I lick my lips in anticipation and reach out with my hand
    Though I stood on my tiptoes and spread my fingers wise, the cookies were too far
    But it's sad, since inside that cookie jar is a magical land.

Cookies in all flavors, sizes, and shapes
    Adorned with sprinkles and chocolate chips
    Some even decorated with oatmeal flakes
    Put a cookie in your mouth and you would flip.

Still reaching for the jar, I imagined the cookies in my mind
    Until my mother came in, wagged her finger, and grabbed me by the collar
    She pulled me away as I kicked, wailed, groaned, and whined
    But that's whe I realized I'd have to get taller.